O'Donnells Restaurant
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Gagliano

New Orleans, LA

#21 Jun 6, 2007
It has been some time since Mr. Peck wrote his opinion regarding O'Donnell's.
And I have eaten at O'Donnell's many times since and the food is wounderful as is the service. The other night Chef O'Donnell turned me on to the best soft shell crab I have ever has. I also had the rack of lamb and it was as good as lamb I have had on the Continent. Keep up the good work and I look forward to another diner at O'Donnell's very soon.
Ponchy Citizen

Hammond, LA

#22 Jun 21, 2007
I have never eaten at O'Donnells. This is because of the treatment that an organization I am a member of was given. Our non-profit org provides thousands of dollars to Tangipahoa Parish every year and are well known. I am omitting our name because I did not ask for permission to submit this opinion. We planned an event two months ahead of time at O'DOnnells. We called to confirm our reservations with one of the brothers/owners one month prior and was assured the site would be ready and available. At one week prior to the meeting, we were told that no reservation had been made and there was nothing available at our meeting time. No help was offered and no appologies were made.

I understand that a business is difficult to run and mistakes can easily be made. However, no attempts were made to help us and we were made to feel that WE were the problem, not the resturant. I know that a word-of-mouth reputation is valuable- I hope that O'Donnell's can mantain a positive one.
Jenny

Hammond, LA

#23 Jul 21, 2007
I can't believe everything I've just read. O'Donnells is one of, if not THE, best restaurant around. My husband and I are regular customers there, and have had nothing but EXCELLENT service every single time.
Chicken Mama

Windsor, CA

#24 Nov 1, 2007
My husband and I, restaurant owners in California, enjoyed the lovely hospitality and incredible food at O'Donnell's this past week. I am sorry to see you have to tolerate the bizarre abuse that I read above. Keep up the good work and don't listen to the folks throwing the cheap shots. We love your place and have told several folks (cookbook authors and food lovers) about your place. Keep up the good work!
Glenn Aldridge

Baton Rouge, LA

#25 Nov 14, 2007
Is this the same Byard "Peck" Edwards that is currently running Buddy Caldwell campaign ads in Louisiana? I googled your name because they were extremely confusing, and all I can find is your old blog bashing this same restaurant as well as your rip on this website. What do those ads even mean? They're awful, and who are you anyway, Peck? Please keep running more, everyone I know is getting a kick out of them!
Blast from the Past

Gonzales, LA

#26 Nov 18, 2007
Hi Glenn,

Stephanie Robertson...remember me? Email me back to catch up at [email protected]

Regards,
Steph
Sean M

Hammond, LA

#27 Jun 24, 2008
Hi, I am actually a current employee at O'donnells; part of the wait staff. No one has replied here too recently and I am not truly from the are but raised around the surrounding area. I have worked at many restaurants of all types and kinds. Restaurants drenched in dirty money who employ wokers which will steal at any whim.
When I first started working there I believed I knew how things would work; since all restaurants are the same within a limited spectrum.
O'donnells is sheer genuine. Sean and Phil are both family men. Every single employee at that restaurant, not including myself, are hardworking, humble, and righteous people.
The restaurant will flourish by all means.
They aren't trying to be a great restaurant, but a good one. In other words, the artistic presentations of the food by Phil(tastes damn good too), the wine and service knowledge of Sean, and the overall atmosphere of the entire restaurant; they have the right to be pretentious and arrogant or "great" like most restaurants do of their caliber.
However, they rather be good, humble, and sincere.
Trust me, you aren't going to find a place like Odonnells anywhere else. They just want to make their customers happy. Again, this restaurant will flourish by all means. It is very nice for me to have an experience working with a business that actually wants to do things right for the people who come in there instead of for themselves.
Otto Frink

Slidell, LA

#28 Feb 28, 2010
Maybe Peck could hire their ex-girlfriends to steal infomation he could sell to thier enemies??? He seems to be the best at underhanded, backstabbing, closet-queen type dealings.
Mr PEEPERS

Covington, LA

#29 Mar 13, 2010
I SAW RATS RUNNING OUT FROM THE KITCHEN AREA!!! THERE WERE ROACHES ALL ALONG THE CRACKS OF THE WALLS AND THE WOMEN THERE SMELLED LIKE GOATS WITH PERFUME ON!!!I WANTED TO PUKE UP THE SHIT THEY SERVED EVEN BEFORE I NOTICED ALL OF THIS!!!! BECAUSE WHO EVER IS COOKING THAT CRAP NEEDS TO GO FLIP BURGERS AT ....McDONALDS!!! NOT O'DONNELS!! THATS WHAT I GET FOR EATING IRISH SHIT!!! ILL STICK TO GOOD OL ITALIAN FOOD!!!.......HOME COOKED THAT IS!!!!
Y Dewey Care

Detroit, MI

#30 Jul 26, 2010
All this because a big fish found out just how truly small the pond is!

Since: Feb 07

Mandeville, LA

#31 Aug 2, 2011
Brandi Harris wrote:
I was born, raised, and currently still live in Ponchtoula. O'Donnell's is by far one of the best restaurants that I have ever eaten. The staff is very friendly and courteous. You cannot find any food better on the North or South shore. I have always received the best service and food at O'Donnell's Restaurant. The owners, Sean and Phil have worked with me on several occasions to get a private party hosted there. I am so glad to have business owners and a restaurant like this in Ponchatoula.
Brandi Harris
Ponchatoula
Anyone that post a comment like this that is such a pillar of society needs help.
Joe49

Mandeville, LA

#32 Aug 2, 2011
In reference to Ms. Harris comment people who are such a pillar of society needs to be quite.
sugardaddy

Mandeville, LA

#33 Aug 15, 2011
Brandi Harris wrote:
I was born, raised, and currently still live in Ponchtoula. O'Donnell's is by far one of the best restaurants that I have ever eaten. The staff is very friendly and courteous. You cannot find any food better on the North or South shore. I have always received the best service and food at O'Donnell's Restaurant. The owners, Sean and Phil have worked with me on several occasions to get a private party hosted there. I am so glad to have business owners and a restaurant like this in Ponchatoula.
Brandi Harris
Ponchatoula
Just make sure your husband is not around her if you are married and he has money. She likes older married men with money.
sugardaddy

Mandeville, LA

#34 Aug 15, 2011
Just make sure your husband is not around her if you are married and he has money or she thinks he has money. She like older married men with money and gets a thrill out of breaking up a marriage.
mee mee

Hammond, LA

#35 Nov 29, 2011
Mrs Ron Bauerle wrote:
My husband and I spent our Wedding Anniversary and Valentine's Day at O'Donnell's. This was our first visit. The food was fine, the service unprofessional. We asked that our food be boxed and didn't realize until we returned home that it had not been given to us (not left on the table). When I called, Sean O'Donnell was rude, told us we got off easy at $140 for dinner for two, made no effort to apologize or make any compensation. Business is built by reputation. This isn't New Orleans - I was offended by his attitude.
You need to wait outside for his ass and beat the living shit out of him just for the hell of it..you will feel alot better !!! i promice you will
mee mee

Hammond, LA

#36 Nov 29, 2011
Jenny wrote:
I can't believe everything I've just read. O'Donnells is one of, if not THE, best restaurant around. My husband and I are regular customers there, and have had nothing but EXCELLENT service every single time.
You must be accustomed to eating dog crap !!! if you eat that youll eat the corn out my dogs poo.. get your taste buds examined by a professional mouth doctor
mee mee

Hammond, LA

#38 Nov 29, 2011
Mr PEEPERS wrote:
I SAW RATS RUNNING OUT FROM THE KITCHEN AREA!!! THERE WERE ROACHES ALL ALONG THE CRACKS OF THE WALLS AND THE WOMEN THERE SMELLED LIKE GOATS WITH PERFUME ON!!!I WANTED TO PUKE UP THE SHIT THEY SERVED EVEN BEFORE I NOTICED ALL OF THIS!!!! BECAUSE WHO EVER IS COOKING THAT CRAP NEEDS TO GO FLIP BURGERS AT ....McDONALDS!!! NOT O'DONNELS!! THATS WHAT I GET FOR EATING IRISH SHIT!!! ILL STICK TO GOOD OL ITALIAN FOOD!!!.......HOME COOKED THAT IS!!!!
LUV IT !! YOURA GENIOUS !! HA HA HA
alley oop

Hammond, LA

#40 Nov 29, 2011
BUY YORSELF A SWANSENS Tv DINNER AND YOU WILL ENJOY IT MUCH MORE THAN THAT ODONNELS LEFTOVER SPOILED CRAP!!! AND YOU WILL SAVE YOURSELF ABOUT 55 BUCKS!!!AND YOU WONT GET THE FLYING SHITS LIKE ODONELLS FOOD GIVES EVERYONE!!! MUST BE THE EXTERMINATORS ROACH SPRAY THATS ALL OVER THE UTENSILS POTS AND PANS!
JingleBells

Hammond, LA

#41 Dec 5, 2011
OH/????? Donnels???????? What A Grease Pitt !!! They havent changed there oil since tey opened
Married Woman

United States

#42 May 22, 2013
BYARD PECK EDWARDS wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone that post a comment like this that is such a pillar of society needs help.
. He is correct. She is a true pillar of society . She likes married men if she thinks they have money! Boy did she get a shock eith my husband.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ponchatoula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cindy or cynthia E. Mcswain use to live in Taz... 14 hr friend 3
Darlene Willie of Loranger, Rumors?? Aug 12 truthseeker 1
Looking for Button Aug 11 Wheeler 2
Review: Townsend Recovery (Feb '11) Aug 9 Soberman 29
list the people you know are thieves in our com... (Sep '09) Aug 8 Sunshine 9
Gary Burnthorne Aug 5 Outlaw Biker 1
News Jury convicts Bordelon of murdering girl (Jul '06) May '17 Faithdwnsouth 192

Ponchatoula Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ponchatoula Mortgages