Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ... Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#72250 Oct 2, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>That capacity for dry humor is in stark contrast to expressing joy over dead U.S. Servicemen. I call it maturity and, like you, enjoy the change. May Farfur and Walter White R.I.P.
I don't have a problem with change. Maturity is a good thing, you should try it sometime ;)

It probably has to do with the fact that I've been living away from the frustrations of life under occupation. I'm pretty sure a lot of Palestinians will "change" once they have room to breathe.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#72251 Oct 2, 2013
> President Obama walks into the Bank of America to cash a check.

> As he approaches the cashier he says, "Good morning Ma'am, could you

> please cash this check for me?"

>

> Cashier: "It would be my pleasure sir. Could you please show me your ID?"

>

> Obama: "Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think

there was any need to. I am President Barack Obama, the President of the United

> States of AMERICA !!!!"

>

> Cashier: "Yes sir, I know who you are, but with all the regulations

> and monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers and

> requirements of the Dodd/Frank legislation, etc., I must insist on seeing ID."

>

> Obama: "Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell

you. Everybody knows who I am."

>

> Cashier: "I am sorry Mr. President but these are the bank rules and I

must follow them."

>

> Obama: "I am urging you, please, to cash this check."

>

> Cashier: "Look Mr. President, here is an example of what we can do.

One day Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled

> out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew

> him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his check. Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID.

> He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot whereas the tennis ball landed in my cup.

With that shot we cashed his check.

So, Mr. President, what can you do to prove that

> it is you, and only you, as the President of the United States?"

>

> Obama stands there thinking, and thinking, and finally says,

> "Honestly, my mind is a total blank. There is nothing that comes to

> my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do and I don't have a

clue.

>

> Cashier; "Will that be large or small bills, Mr. President?*

=

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#72252 Oct 2, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking thereof, my Grandson just scored 97% on his MCAT test. N euro Surgeon aspirations. He didn't get it from me. LOL
Congrats to him! Thank goodness your genes skipped his generation! ;) Stay away from him.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#72253 Oct 2, 2013
R.I.P. Tom Clancy. We'll miss you...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-...

...now we'll have to rely on Palestinians for our award-winning fiction.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#72254 Oct 3, 2013
Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats to him! Thank goodness your genes skipped his generation! ;) Stay away from him.
That score, for your edification, is equivalent to a 37. Google MCAT scores and see the score you need to get into Universities. They average 32 to 36. The boy has my brains and a replica of my pearl. Ark Arf

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#72255 Oct 3, 2013
TRD wrote:
R.I.P. Tom Clancy. We'll miss you...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-...
...now we'll have to rely on Palestinians for our award-winning fiction.
Interesting to note that he has a book coming out in December 2013, Command Authority. He was young. Think it was the pot?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#72256 Oct 3, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting to note that he has a book coming out in December 2013, Command Authority. He was young. Think it was the pot?
I haven't found a reference yet to his cause of death but I doubt a pot fell on him. I'd have guessed it was some sort of complication to do with his multiple personalities. He's had so many ghost writers working on his different series lately that he may have forgotten who/what/where he was and stepped of a curb into the path of a speeding embassy car.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#72257 Oct 3, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't found a reference yet to his cause of death but I doubt a pot fell on him. I'd have guessed it was some sort of complication to do with his multiple personalities. He's had so many ghost writers working on his different series lately that he may have forgotten who/what/where he was and stepped of a curb into the path of a speeding embassy car.
Having spent 19 years working on a specific piece of equipment for submarines, I found it amusing that Clancy attempted to describe it in one of books. He not only got the name wrong but he may have just as well have been talking about some other piece of equipment. For the reader they would have no idea what is fact or fiction. He made it look good.

Location hidden

#72258 Oct 3, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
That score, for your edification, is equivalent to a 37. Google MCAT scores and see the score you need to get into Universities. They average 32 to 36. The boy has my brains and a replica of my pearl. Ark Arf
Like I said, Congrats to the boy! But it has NOTHING to do with you! Some day, he'll perform your brain surgery and discover what we've all known all along! LOL - And my son is a member of MENSA. So there!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#72259 Oct 3, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Having spent 19 years working on a specific piece of equipment for submarines, I found it amusing that Clancy attempted to describe it in one of books. He not only got the name wrong but he may have just as well have been talking about some other piece of equipment. For the reader they would have no idea what is fact or fiction. He made it look good.
He was a fixture in the genre known as "techno-thriller" but he was less a tech author than one who could create believable yet complicated characters. You need a guy like Dale Brown who comes to writing from a flight background (although it is USAF experience) and has the ability to not only describe modern weapons systems but also invent some.

Clancy earned a permanent spot on my favorites list with his superior ability to spin a yarn. If he lied, people tended to believe him and I was probably more gullible than most.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#72260 Oct 3, 2013
Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, Congrats to the boy! But it has NOTHING to do with you! Some day, he'll perform your brain surgery and discover what we've all known all along! LOL - And my son is a member of MENSA. So there!
What? That I'm horny? Ordered your Pearl 1/2 pounders yet? They sell them @ Trader Joes, if you have of those down there. They call them Jumbos and have the Pearl Label. Save on shipping and minimum 10lb order. The casing they use is coarse/grainy which enhances their rigidity. They don't flop over in the middle. Hey, I'm just trying to help you out, Gramma!
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#72261 Oct 3, 2013
Look Ma, muslims in the Israeli Defense Forces.

Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#72262 Oct 3, 2013
Lets see the Pope says the same thing, fat chance..

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/10/promi...

Location hidden

#72263 Oct 3, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
What? That I'm horny? Ordered your Pearl 1/2 pounders yet? They sell them @ Trader Joes, if you have of those down there. They call them Jumbos and have the Pearl Label. The casing they use is coarse/grainy which enhances their rigidity. They don't flop over in the middle. Hey, I'm just trying to help you out, Gramma!
No, silly. That there's NO BRAIN in your head! Geez! Ok - I'll go to Trader Joe's and see what he wants to trade for some Jumbos. Ark ark - I really don't need help, Grandpa.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#72264 Oct 3, 2013
Drop your sox and grab your cox. LOL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/tropic...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#72266 Oct 3, 2013
Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
No, silly. That there's NO BRAIN in your head! Geez! Ok - I'll go to Trader Joe's and see what he wants to trade for some Jumbos. Ark ark - I really don't need help, Grandpa.
Help comes in many disguises. I'm thinking that this animation best explains what can happen when you sample a 1/2 lb Pearl. Think the water as a package of semi-rigid Pearls. The end comes as no surprise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_bird

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#72267 Oct 3, 2013
The video, of course, Mensa Momma.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#72271 Oct 3, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
Drop your sox and grab your cox. LOL
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/tropic...
Oh Good...rain and wind. Yawn.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#72272 Oct 3, 2013
fearless cartooni wrote:
<quoted text>
wadda you..... worka for toshiba ?
Is that your Japanese accent?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#72273 Oct 3, 2013

I like the eight-ball thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min RoxLo 1,109,030
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 52 min VET 2,475
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 69,347
Review: Red Balloon Party Rental (Sep '09) 1 hr Ashley C 35
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 46,575
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Pearl Jam 305,554
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 15 hr Anne 96,429
•••
•••
Pompano Beach Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••