Drugs found on Parkland middle school teacher, police say

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

A Parkland middle school teacher has been charged with possessing illegal drugs after they were discovered in a purse she carried on a weekend visit to a Coral Springs spa, police said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 428 Comments Last updated Oct 8, 2013
First Prev
of 22
Next Last
Harold Ikes

United States

#1 Nov 26, 2007
I dont see why she is not suspended yet. She is a thief and a drug user.
DRS

United States

#5 Nov 27, 2007
WELCOME TO THE STATE OF THE STONED,DRUNKS...
And just think they TEACH YOUR KIDS.....
PassTheCrackPipe Please

United States

#6 Nov 27, 2007
She's a science teacher people, come on! Give the ho a little credit, ok?
PassTheCrackPipe Please

United States

#7 Nov 27, 2007
**** = H2O with no 2.
cool

United States

#8 Nov 27, 2007
Of course, they'll suspend her or at least make her go into drug counseling while on leave (trust me, it's unpaid. You can't even get Broward schools to pay you for 6 weeks of maternity leave - THAT should be a lead story). And before you all cry and moan that (gasp) she's a teacher, there are drug addicts doing all types of jobs in this country. This one happens to be a teacher. Now that it's out in the open, of course, she should have absolutely no contact with children nor be allowed back into her position unless she passes periodic drug tests.
cool

United States

#9 Nov 27, 2007
Harold Ikes wrote:
I dont see why she is not suspended yet. She is a thief and a drug user.
It's a bureaucracy - nothing is fast. I'd be very surprised if she was being allowed any contact with children pending her suspension.
RED BARON

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Nov 27, 2007
There really are some naive posters on here. She more than likely bought the drugs from one of her students.
CHEMICAL HAPPINESS

Boca Raton, FL

#11 Nov 27, 2007
I think you have to do drugs to deal with students in any school...it just made her day a little easier..
Felix

United States

#12 Nov 27, 2007
RED BARON wrote:
There really are some naive posters on here. She more than likely bought the drugs from one of her students.
In exchange for sex.
Kristina

Deerfield Beach, FL

#14 Nov 27, 2007
What a dummy! Rather than messing up her manicure, she told the officer to just go ahead and rifle through her crack-pipe containing purse? This should make it to Letterman and Leno!
Teachers for marihuana

Homestead, FL

#16 Nov 27, 2007
Come on a little krippy never hurt no one! except Ricky!!!

Bongs Away!
Hell in a hand basket

Hollywood, FL

#17 Nov 27, 2007
cool wrote:
Of course, they'll suspend her or at least make her go into drug counseling while on leave (trust me, it's unpaid. You can't even get Broward schools to pay you for 6 weeks of maternity leave - THAT should be a lead story). And before you all cry and moan that (gasp) she's a teacher, there are drug addicts doing all types of jobs in this country. This one happens to be a teacher. Now that it's out in the open, of course, she should have absolutely no contact with children nor be allowed back into her position unless she passes periodic drug tests.
Drug addicts/ kids not a good match. Do any other job you want but do not teach (lead) kids. The problem is a mix message as a teacher your smarter they the kids, As a drug addict your SELF CENTERED, STEELING, LYIER, CHEATER, WHORE. Get her out of all schools. Maybe she can teach in jail. That goes for all you dopers, no madder what your job is you are a loser,
bubba

Miami, FL

#18 Nov 27, 2007
leave lil'honey alone! if yall had to
listen to those screaming spoiled little p.o.s brats you would need a lil' smoke too!
mmmmmmmm

United States

#19 Nov 27, 2007
The sPa gets 1 less customer.
Just Another Person

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Nov 27, 2007
I would just like to say that she is my teacher and she never seemed like a drug addict...I hope she and her family are all right...
Disgusted

Boca Raton, FL

#21 Nov 27, 2007
Yep, no surprise there. Some teachers are god and some are really rotten.
Friend of WGM student

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#22 Nov 27, 2007
Okay, this lady works at my school and my friend has her as a teacher. I don't but I've seen her before and she doesn't look like the kind of person who would be on drugs.( But you never know, there are a lot of characters in Florida.) I feel bad for her students but, I think she should get fired. I mean, you wouldn't let some drunkand or pedofile teach 13/14 year old kids?!
cheech0807

Lehigh Acres, FL

#23 Nov 27, 2007
why are all the blogs blocked?can't comment on many issues anymore.ANY ONE know the answer?
Jim

United States

#24 Nov 27, 2007
Just to play devil's advocate; I'd be curious to know if this teacher has a history of a painful past traumatic injury or debilitating condition like early-onset arthritis?
Some people fall into this addiction 'naturally' versus those who have addictive personalities and who merely want to get high and 'escape' life. That doesn't explain the theft though...
hang em high

United States

#25 Nov 27, 2007
How about that raise all those teachers were screaming about? Perhaps it was for the recreational activities. Heck If she was cute I would be her sugar daddy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min woodtick57 1,100,265
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 min Pearl Jam 305,451
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 min voice of peace 68,371
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 46,324
My new favorite yoga studio 2 hr Heidi Stein 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr J RULES 68,991
Why should you have a say?? 11 hr Loralita 1
•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pompano Beach People Search