Police: Broward Man Fatally Shoots Barking Dog

May 19, 2008 Read more: NBC 6 South Florida 9
An Oakland Park man is charged with fatally shooting his neighbor's barking dog. Read more
Bee Vee

Miami, FL

#1 May 19, 2008
Well like I say, karma will always get you.. I am sorry, but if you have trouble studying.. go to a LIBRARY.. that is what they are there for.. There is no reason to kill a dog for doing what they are supposed to do, which is bark.. There is no reason for that..
Dave G

Miami, FL

#2 May 19, 2008
I think someone should shoot that balless son of a biotch for killing a defenseless animal .
Liz

Far Rockaway, NY

#3 May 20, 2008
As a pet owner of two dogs I am completley mortified. I have two wonderful dogs and would at a complete loss if anyone did harm to them over something as simple as barking. You only have the right to use force against an animal in a case of self defense, not becuase you are an iggnorant, sadistic, abusive pathetic excuse for a human being. I hope this guy enjoys his stay in jail, perhaps he will understand what it is to suffer now.
ngr

Miami, FL

#4 May 20, 2008
shoot my dog and you will become alligator food in the everglades
Annoyed

Miami, FL

#5 Sep 21, 2009
Bee Vee wrote:
Well like I say, karma will always get you.. I am sorry, but if you have trouble studying.. go to a LIBRARY.. that is what they are there for.. There is no reason to kill a dog for doing what they are supposed to do, which is bark.. There is no reason for that..
So, it is ok to be driven off your home because of some stupid dog that can't be controlled by an even bigger idiot. No, I don't think so. People come first and that is why there are noise ordinance that need to be respected and obeyed and if you are a dog owner, control your dog or someone else will control it for you.
NYX

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Feb 15, 2010
I live next to people who put their dog out every day. The dog barks and cries nonstop for hours and hours. I work from home and can't even keep the window open with all that racket. In an otherwise quiet neighborhood, how is this fair? I don't blame the dog obviously, it's the people who lack any common decency or respect for their neighbors.
JTG

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Nov 10, 2010
NYX is right on. It is very annoying when you cannot enjoy your own back yard when you work so hard to pay the mortgage to live there. I do not blame the dog, but the owner who has no control over their dog and again no respect for their neighbors. We have two well behaved dogs and take the time to walk them.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#8 May 2, 2012
Annoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it is ok to be driven off your home because of some stupid dog that can't be controlled by an even bigger idiot. No, I don't think so. People come first and that is why there are noise ordinance that need to be respected and obeyed and if you are a dog owner, control your dog or someone else will control it for you.
good point. the people defending the sickening ass animals can go to hell along with them.

a barking dog is no better than loud music, and much more annoying. keep the POS indoors if its a barker.

i can understand your anger if the person shot the dog without ever complaining to you, but if you heard repeated warnings from neighbors, well, your dog got what it deserved
rex

Murrieta, CA

#9 May 26, 2013
this is one topic of interest that baffles me every single day. why is it okay for those living in neighborhoods to allow their dogs to bark endlessly, disturbing everybody's peace? on several occasions i have thought how i wouldn't mind shooting one of the damn things.. although i wouldn't because the consequences wouldn't be worth it. but damn, shut your fucking dogs up, this is not okay and should be something that is enforced more strictly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Which presidential hopefuls would attend a gay ... 7 min Lawrence Wolf 68
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min Yeah 1,216,675
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min OzRitz 52,699
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Cold Front 69,604
News Deerfield Beach teacher targets childhood obesity (Apr '09) 4 hr vib_ram 9
News Curly-Tailed Lizard Population Threatens Native... (Mar '08) 7 hr Go Blue Forever 147
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr cpeter1313 309,598
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]