Los Angeles or Miami?

Jul 22, 2007 Full story: Lonely Planet 329

Hi everyone, The wife and I are thinking of travelling to either Miami or Los Angeles in September /October. What I'd like to know is.........which one of these places would seasoned travellers recommend? We're ... via Lonely Planet

Full Story
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Since: Jun 07

United States

#1 Jul 22, 2007
i worked in LA in the early nineties. i like the high desert, the mountains and the coast. I am moving back to california this week to the northern forests. on the other hand miami is nice too, because you can get to the keys from there. miami used to be nice but too crowded anymore. la is better because you can see more diversity in types of countryside

“Catch me if you can”

Since: Jul 07

Miami

#2 Jul 22, 2007
Miami is so nice, we locals want to shut the doors.

Since: Jan 07

United States

#3 Jul 22, 2007
Miami is much more nicer than that lame L.A.

L.A. is getting too ridiculous, maimi is comfortable to live in.

“Catch me if you can”

Since: Jul 07

Miami

#4 Jul 22, 2007
I like beaches with warm water and pools with warm water. Isn't the water in LA a bit cold?

Also, its just 50 miles in my boat to Bimini the gateway to the Bahama's.

Also you can take a nice drive from Miami to the Keys which are amazing.

Then there is a short trip west to Sanibel Captiva in the Ft Myer's area.

Miami is paradise and 2 many people know about it.

“Catch me if you can”

Since: Jul 07

Miami

#5 Jul 22, 2007
Miami has:

Warm water, its 50 miles to the Bahama's, a beautiful drive to the Keys, a short trip to even better beaches on Sanibel Captiva.

We have night life. We have danger in hurricanes but they are predictable.

We don't have to worry about earthquakes which can't be predicted.

We have cultural diversity of Latino America, and now from many other countries.

Yeah its better if you have money, but we are still a good deal for a cool urban town.
Travel Guide

Miami, FL

#6 Jul 23, 2007
If you want better beaches, fishing, boating, watersports, tropical scenery: Miami

If you want arid hills encompassed in smog along a cold dark ocean: Los Angeles

“Catch me if you can”

Since: Jul 07

Miami

#7 Jul 23, 2007
Travel Guide wrote:
If you want better beaches, fishing, boating, watersports, tropical scenery: Miami
If you want arid hills encompassed in smog along a cold dark ocean: Los Angeles
Ride on Travel Agent, can you get me a special price at The Standard Hotel?????????
rawkus

Hollywood, FL

#8 Jul 23, 2007
miamivicefan wrote:
Miami is much more nicer than that lame L.A.
L.A. is getting too ridiculous, maimi is comfortable to live in.
hahaha are you serious??? Miami is a shit hole compared to LA. Funny me and this other dude are having conversation between Atlanta vs. Miami. Of course I would chose ATL or LA over Miami any day this place sucks.
rawkus

Hollywood, FL

#9 Jul 23, 2007
Travel Guide wrote:
If you want better beaches, fishing, boating, watersports, tropical scenery: Miami
If you want arid hills encompassed in smog along a cold dark ocean: Los Angeles
Los Angeles

I also recommend Atlanta.
rawkus

Hollywood, FL

#10 Jul 23, 2007
Some of you people have absolutely no clue. LA is very nice and yes they do have nice beaches w/e you Miami natives like to have I personally could care less about the beach its overrated especially when you are talking about Miami Beach. If you like big cities then you'll love LA. If you like being locked up at home in a room with nothing to do besides stare at the wall you'll love Miami. Yea this place sucks I hate it. The only thing I have a problem with LA is the price of living there and the gas prices. Ouch. But other than that LA sure beats the hell out of Miami there is so much more to do there. Get off the beach and realize there is much out there fools.
rawkus

Hollywood, FL

#11 Jul 23, 2007
Oh and I almost forgot the biggest one of all.. the humidity in Miami flat out sucks. LA has some of the nicest weather in the country year round because the air is so dry. I dunno I prefer comfortable weather over hot and shitty humidity Miami weather. LA has much nicer weather. In Miami it either rains or is 100% humidity well over 95 degrees.

“Catch me if you can”

Since: Jul 07

Miami

#12 Jul 23, 2007
Rawkus who is keeping you in Miami???????

Since: Jul 07

Matteson, IL

#13 Jul 23, 2007
You def are an obese redneck, if you cant take Miami's humidity? But wait, LA doesn't have a six flags?!!? what are you going to do rawkus?!? oh my... Ohh wait, what about Latin Americans... I have never seen more Hispanics in business suits in my life than passing through Downtown LA.

“Catch me if you can”

Since: Jul 07

Miami

#16 Jul 23, 2007
Rawkus what is the passion of your life? Just curious? What sports are you into? Yeah for sure the humidity in Miami is bad. It is no fun horseback riding in Miami. I used to ride horses, but then I got the waverunner, a horse on water.
DeeDeeDee

Miami, FL

#17 Jul 24, 2007
Rawkus can't leave Miami because he lives rent free with his mom in Kings Creek. The internet is his only hobby, his part time kiosk job at Dadeland his way of life. He doesn't get out enough to realize that Miami humidity is high only June-mid Oct. and the weather is unbeatable the rest of the year. Not even LA has Miami's winters. I'll jump a wave for Rawkus on the Waverunner this weekend.

Since: Jan 07

Pompano Beach, FL

#18 Jul 24, 2007
rawkus wrote:
Some of you people have absolutely no clue. LA is very nice and yes they do have nice beaches w/e you Miami natives like to have I personally could care less about the beach its overrated especially when you are talking about Miami Beach. If you like big cities then you'll love LA. If you like being locked up at home in a room with nothing to do besides stare at the wall you'll love Miami. Yea this place sucks I hate it. The only thing I have a problem with LA is the price of living there and the gas prices. Ouch. But other than that LA sure beats the hell out of Miami there is so much more to do there. Get off the beach and realize there is much out there fools.
F*** L.A. full of smog crap.

and Califorina is ridiculous now.

“Catch me if you can”

Since: Jul 07

Miami

#19 Jul 24, 2007
Miami humidity is high only June-mid Oct. and the weather is unbeatable the rest of the year.
Exactly my point Dee Dee Dee, are you Jas?
rawkus

Hollywood, FL

#20 Jul 24, 2007
DeeDeeDee wrote:
Rawkus can't leave Miami because he lives rent free with his mom in Kings Creek. The internet is his only hobby, his part time kiosk job at Dadeland his way of life. He doesn't get out enough to realize that Miami humidity is high only June-mid Oct. and the weather is unbeatable the rest of the year. Not even LA has Miami's winters. I'll jump a wave for Rawkus on the Waverunner this weekend.
Wow you sound pretty smart how do you know me so well DeeDeeDee? You do realize that the weather here is the reason most of all is why I hate this place because year round the weather sucks at 100%+ humidity even in December we dont have "cool" months here. No seasons? Thats some miserable shit. Dont even try to compare Miami to LA with weather LA has alot better weather than Miami does. Hurricanes suck too. You must be out of your mind.
rawkus

Hollywood, FL

#21 Jul 24, 2007
Baroness Brookscanjetski wrote:
Miami humidity is high only June-mid Oct. and the weather is unbeatable the rest of the year.
Exactly my point Dee Dee Dee, are you Jas?
No actually its year round. Guess you havent been out or anywhere else much have you?
rawkus

Hollywood, FL

#22 Jul 24, 2007
miamivicefan wrote:
<quoted text>
F*** L.A. full of smog crap.
and Califorina is ridiculous now.
Right only in South FL you could say that. I dare you to say that somewhere in south central LA and see what happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min JOEL 71,103
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min johnplustwomore 1,154,314
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 46 min Anne 96,662
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 49,237
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr R C Honey 307,005
Review: G8 Van Lines 6 hr Leonard Hart 19
the outlaws motorcycle gang in south Florida is... (Feb '11) 9 hr Drifter 230
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pompano Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:53 pm PST

ESPN 3:53PM
Seven injured by lightning near Bucs game
Yahoo! Sports 5:46 PM
Packers, Steelers and Cowboys head to playoffs
Bleacher Report 6:57 PM
Mediocrity Could Continue with Vote of Confidence in Philbin
NBC Sports 8:20 PM
Joe Philbin coming back in Miami next season
NBC Sports11:22 PM
Dolphins are keeping coach after 37-35 win over Vikings - NBC Sports