Thousands of Californians are moving out amid a sour economy an...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Mike Reilly spent his lifetime chasing the California dream. This year he's going to look for it in Colorado .

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of1,978
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bill

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

California is a mess and broke.
Yes thousands of people are moving out to neighboring states that offers a better way of life -- less traffic, lower taxes, jobs, etc.
These are the same people that work hard, obey the laws and pay the taxes. The tax base is shrinking really fast, whose going to pay the taxes when we lose a chunk of the tax base???
We all know that illegals and the poor don't pay taxes, so who gets to pay ?? California is well known for being unfriendly to businesses, so the revenue monies disappear. Where or where or whose going to pay the taxes ???
snowman allentown PA

New Hope, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

Chinafornia wrote:
So leave, noooone will miss you. Only the strong survive here.
No, only those that don't pay taxes will stay and be bailed out by the rest of us....again.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

Let's hope that they're mostly the pricks that voted FOR Prop.8 !!
jjj

Dublin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

You've got to be kidding with Chicago? That place is really in trouble. Talk about an unsustainable economy/welfare state. And its got that schizoid weather thing too....so you can have Chicago. But politically you'll be right at home, bunch of loony liberal spendocrats, with the added bonus that they are corrupt from top to bottom, and the Daley patronage/spoils system is stronger than ever. Even the FBI is flummoxed by the system they have set up. They're going after Blagoyevich because of some stuff he said on a wiretap...talk about missing the forest for the trees.

There's a few places in the country that the FBI just cannot control organized crime in. One is LA. Another is Chicago, and of course Vegas, and Miami.

If I were packing up my uhaul I can honestly say that Chicago might just be on the bottom of my list of big cities to try.
Glowster wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right !
Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

And just where are they going to go? The economy isn't much better anywhere else.

Since: Mar 07

Enfield

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Chrgrfan wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Federal Government would have enforced our borders, Claifornia would not be on the verge of bankruptcy. So I guess we can point the finger of blame in quite a few directions.
Good Call, EXCEPT it is Californias Senators and Representitives that lead the fight against the Wall and restrictive immigration policies.

“The true Californian!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

SWHosley wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Call, EXCEPT it is Californias Senators and Representitives that lead the fight against the Wall and restrictive immigration policies.
They did. But they were not the only ones.

Anyway with the deficit and California on its way to bankruptcy it will be interesting who is going to be held to answer for the mess California is in.

Arnold announced he wants to cut the Healthy Families Program which is SCHIP. SCHIP was approved by Obama. How does Arnold change what the President approves. The state would be receiving federal money for this program. So what is he going to do with that money?

He also wants to end the Calworks Program (cash aid/welfare). Which right now people receive due to their UIB running out.

So California Politicians create this mess. But our poor citizens the politicians are paid to represent and protect are going to suffer. Why? Because the Claifornia politicians over spent and allowed money to be spent on our large illegal immigrant population.
jo jo jo jo

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

open boarders have made the cali dream a nightmare!!!
BUBBLE THE BUBBLE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

HA-HA-HA-HA- HEY CALIF. LIBS to BAD SUFFER. LIB-ITES SCREWED UP BIG TIME. AND DO NOT EXPECT THE REAL AMERICA TO BAIL YOU JOKES OUT, SUFFER BIG TIME. HOW DO YOU ALL LIKE YOUR ILLEGALS NOW.
What

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

BUBBLE THE BUBBLE wrote:
HA-HA-HA-HA- HEY CALIF. LIBS to BAD SUFFER. LIB-ITES SCREWED UP BIG TIME. AND DO NOT EXPECT THE REAL AMERICA TO BAIL YOU JOKES OUT, SUFFER BIG TIME. HOW DO YOU ALL LIKE YOUR ILLEGALS NOW.
Arnie was in D.C. this week, asking for our money to "guarantee" bonds in CA. The Federal Reserve said it's not recommended. But CA was one of the states, supporting the Messiah. He'll comply, watch and see.
BUBBLE THE BUBBLE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

THANKS FOR THE INFO 'WHAT', YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT blarney O'BAMA HE WILL POUR MONEY INTO THAT DUMP OF A STATE.
ExEmployeeof BobBrutyn

Crawfordville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

heard u r leavin BOB? Go bak to Colorado!
Interesting

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

Oh boy wrote:
wow... didn't california was doing that bad financially. I guess I'm not going to move california but I'm stll gonna visit L.A county this summer, I wonder how different it is compared to where I live.
You know the state of the art L.E. New York City has in regards to anti-terrorists? LA is quite the opposite. Ummmmmmm LA is a sanctuary city in a sanctuary state. You may want to re-think that trip.

Since: Jan 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

As a born and bred Brit, married to a former US diplomat, I have lived in many foreign countries and many US states, and I can tell you that California is by far the most beautiful of all. I thank God every day that I can afford to live here.
Take Brutyn

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Will someone please take Bob Brutyn with them when they go?

Since: Jan 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
You live behind a high fence/gate and don't get out much, huh?
Or, let me take a second guess: YOU'RE BLIND.
And deaf?
No, I am not blind, nor deaf, why would you think that?

I am out and about most days and dine out most evenings, what would make you think I'm a homebody?

I have also lived in Key Biscayne and Pensacola, Fl.
Chinafornia

Parowan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

Judged:

Prepare to bow to your ASIAN Masters.

China will be buying your state.
Californication

Clearlake Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

Judged:

When you cannot quite put your finger on a solution because the problems are so many and so huge= Californication

The Public employee Unions will continue to pay off lawmakers, the illegals will continue to take free money, Lazy or unemployable folks will do the same, and the taxpayers will continue to be screwed.
Unless and until we keep the electorate informed, involved and vigilant. The time is right to stop the madness, be ready to do what is necessary.
Dane Tobbin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

Judged:

Californication wrote:
When you cannot quite put your finger on a solution because the problems are so many and so huge= Californication
The Public employee Unions will continue to pay off lawmakers, the illegals will continue to take free money, Lazy or unemployable folks will do the same, and the taxpayers will continue to be screwed.
Unless and until we keep the electorate informed, involved and vigilant. The time is right to stop the madness, be ready to do what is necessary.
As a 30 year old, I am sorry that we let our State become nothing but a bankrupt, gang infested, illegal alien colony. My parents, along with most all in their age group, voted for anything with a D beside it's name on a Ballot rather than electing candidates worthy of our trust and support which killed the State.

My friends and I are registered Independents. Any one with an ounce of class couldn't possibly support either political party at this point.

“Wake me when its 2012”

Since: Feb 09

Bethlehem, Pa.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

Judged:

Let California fail. NO federal bailouts. It's then only way they'll begin to learn. (Notice I didn't say they WOULD learn) Tighten your belt, just like REAL Americans do in an economic downturn. Live to do without. Cut nonsence programs.Better yet, secede and join Mexico.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of1,978
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pompano Beach Forum right now

Search the Pompano Beach Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 12 min UNLESS 1,818
Review: Half Price Kitchen Bath & Granite (Aug '12) 15 hr RD Ft Lauderdale 5
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 16 hr Panamaed 2,631
Police on trail of theft and fraud suspect John... (Feb '09) Tue He Dated my sis 88
leo (Nov '12) Apr 15 Wondering 3
looking for someone (Jul '13) Apr 15 Wondering 2
KFC franchisee buys 14 stores in Palm Beach County Apr 13 who cares 1
•••

Rip Current Statement for Broward County was issued at April 18 at 7:05AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
•••