Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1402634 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1197292 Sep 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Harmonius said Obama was Wall St's man.
How can he not be a capitalist if he's Wall St's man??
You nitwits need to get your acts together. Which is it??
Funny how capitalist corporations are reaching new record valuations under Obama.
I
he's the muslim, communist, wall street insider, christian hate-church going president...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1197293 Sep 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>she isn't capable of holding the governorship of a state with less people than a large city....
she is not fit for public office.
Palin is a sex symbol to most of these nitwits. This one and Nobraina raved about her for years, only quieting down when she amply proved what a moron she is.

She'll never run for office again. It would cut into her making money by being Sarah Palin.

Her blow up dolls with 'action mouth' are a big hit among the NRA set.

Nobraina has 3.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1197294 Sep 4, 2014
Bob McDonnell, Wife Maureen Found Guilty On Corruption Charges
Posted: 09/04/2014 3:09 pm EDT Updated: 4 hours ago

So the nitwits don't talk about Repugnant corrupt politicians??

McDonnell was a rising star, a pretty boy Governor.

Now he's going to prison.

So much for integrity from either party.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1197295 Sep 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Why isn't Holder focusing on getting that former Marine out of that Mexican prison after taking a wrong turn than a troubled teen in a local police incident that's already being investigated?
What do you want the State Department to do? Call up the judge and order Tahmooressi's release?By law, all the State Department can do is "ensure that U.S. citizens receive equitable treatment in accordance with the Mexican criminal justice system and are not discriminated against because of their nationality." They cannot provide legal counsel or interfere in the due process of law.

Tahmooressi got himself in this predicament innocently enough I suppose but he will just have to wait for the case to run its course through the judicial system just as a citizen of Mexico would have to do in the United States.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1197296 Sep 4, 2014
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you should provide some proof??
Or shut the fk up.
Well, since I won't "shut the fk up"...

Harry Reid was so offended by Romney's "exotic tax-avoidance schemes available only to the preposterously wealthy,” he didn't need to look any further than his own party.

Start with Dianne Feinstein, the seventh wealthiest senator with a net worth between $44 million and $94 million. Like Romney, she keeps a portion of it in offshore accounts in St. Peter Port, Guernsey, a tax haven which is a small island in the English Channel for helping the wealthy dodge taxes. She also has money in a fund located in the Channel Islands. She has more money in Mauritius, an island nation in the Indian Ocean off Madagascar that is also a tax haven.

Reid didn't mention Richard Blumenthal either. Like Feinstein, he has sheltered funds from taxes in the past —$15,000 to $50,000 in a hedge fund held by his wife in the Cayman Islands. His most recent disclosure forms say he made $50,000 to $100,000 from the fund in capital gains, dividends, and interest.

Reid also overlooked Lautenberg, the fifth wealthiest senator whose net worth is six times the Senate’s average. His most recent forms show that his wife’s family has between $500,000 and $1 million in Port Louis, Mauritius. The money is in a real-estate private-equity fund that does its actual investing in India.

Then there’s John Kerry, the richest person in the Senate considered wealthy because of the fortune of his wife. The senator’s 2010 disclosure forms show that they had at least $2 million in a fund in Guernsey at filing time.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/314851...

PolitiFact's ruling on Reid's false claims about Romney: "Romney’s account was entirely legal and he paid taxes on the earnings...many Americans have foreign investments through 401(k)s and pension funds."

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/...

St. Croix valley

#1197297 Sep 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I like the living standard. A leftist dream. I particularly like the shower in the bathroom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Rar6RNSu0zsXX
wow1 my friends in NYC would love an apartment that sized!

Orlando, FL

#1197298 Sep 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You collect Social Security. What do you mean by reducing your economic burden??
You want even more handouts??
You're a burden on the rest of us.
You apparently don't know how Social Security works. Or which party insisted the government knew best and took our money to provide for the retirements of the generation ahead of us.

My generation worked to pay for the generation ahead of ours to retire.

Now it's your generation's turn to pay for mine.

It was the Democrats' idea. Stop blaming me.

Orlando, FL

#1197299 Sep 4, 2014
Well, anyway, think I'll go watch a movie. Need to take my mind of the 11th that's soon approaching. Hope the government's high alert status proves to be a false alarm.

We all do.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1197300 Sep 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
Bob McDonnell, Wife Maureen Found Guilty On Corruption Charges
Posted: 09/04/2014 3:09 pm EDT Updated: 4 hours ago
So the nitwits don't talk about Repugnant corrupt politicians??
McDonnell was a rising star, a pretty boy Governor.
Now he's going to prison.
So much for integrity from either party.

The Republicans seem to have an overload of Governors in trouble with the law, Perry, Christie, McDonald, Walker, Deal from Georgia,Scott Florida. And a number of others that could very well lose their jobs come November. I have a good feeling about this upcoming election. There will be Mass suicides from the right..YAHOO.

St. Croix valley

#1197301 Sep 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently don't know how Social Security works. Or which party insisted the government knew best and took our money to provide for the retirements of the generation ahead of us.
My generation worked to pay for the generation ahead of ours to retire.
Now it's your generation's turn to pay for mine.
It was the Democrats' idea. Stop blaming me.
no you didn't..that money isn't there.

are you really that stupid?

then who paid for your generation to retire? and their's?

you continue to amaze me with your stupidity , carol...you repeat the most incredibly stupid shit without the ability to see how idiotic it is.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197302 Sep 4, 2014
the death of Joan Rivers is a cautionary tale about the risk of having any medical procedure that requires general anesthesia, no matter how minor, in any facility other than a hospital with emergency medical capability.....
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197303 Sep 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
the death of Joan Rivers is a cautionary tale about the risk of having any medical procedure that requires general anesthesia, no matter how minor, in any facility other than a hospital with emergency medical capability.....
Um, also about being 81...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197304 Sep 4, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion was about the wealthy getting wealthier, a fact. The point of contention is the distribution of this wealth. It has absolutely nothing to do with jobs going overseas. That's just smoke your wealthy handlers have blown up your ass.
many people, Galt included, have become a lot wealthier because Obama has pumped up the stock market by Fed action, regardless of the state of the economy....

Obama talks about income inequality while promoting actions that increase wealth inequality....

never let politics interfere with business decisions....
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197305 Sep 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I like the living standard. A leftist dream. I particularly like the shower in the bathroom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Rar6RNSu0zsXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197306 Sep 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
many people, Galt included, have become a lot wealthier because Obama has pumped up the stock market by Fed action, regardless of the state of the economy....
Obama talks about income inequality while promoting actions that increase wealth inequality....
never let politics interfere with business decisions....
So, um... are you for or against wealth inequality? I can't tell? And why does Willard Romney bank in the Caribbean, Switzerland, Israel, and Asia?...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197307 Sep 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. The attorney made her statement in a 45-minute hearing before a St. Louis County family court judge. Family Court doesn't not provide copies of their transcripts.
This is about as close as we are going to get:(The "If a juvenile had been charged as an adult" was new to me).
"Cynthia Harcourt, a lawyer for St. Louis County Juvenile Officer Kip Seely, noted that some juvenile records and proceedings are open to the public: those that concern crimes that would be Class A or B felonies IF a juvenile had been charged as an adult. But there were none for Brown.
After the hearing, the Post-Dispatch sought out Harcourt to clarify her statement. She told the Post-Dispatch that Brown was not facing any Class A or B charges when he died, either."
Joseph Martineau of Lewis Rice & Fingersh, attorney for the Post-Dispatch, acknowledged to Siwak that some juvenile court records are confidential under Missouri law.
But he argued that the primary reason to keep them confidential — to protect a child from entering adulthood with the stigma of a criminal record — expired with Brown’s death. He said Siwak ( St. Louis County Family Court Judge Ellen Levy Siwak) had the discretion to open files, and said there was heavy public interest in the details of Brown’s life."
Guess we will just have to wait for the judge's decision.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-...
if the attorney for the county truly believed that the juvenile records were confidential, then she should have said nothing, not even acknowledged that there was any record.....

instead, she pulled a Lois Lerner, denying any guilt and then pleading the 5th.....

besides, "What difference does it make?"......

go ahead and crucify the cop.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1197308 Sep 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
you're like a nondenominational fear monger?

and i bet you take that show on the road. do they have. like, a FOXbot table at your holiday dinners? do the wee ones run away from a mere glimpse of your presence?

Old Man, step away from that TV!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1197309 Sep 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Well, anyway, think I'll go watch a movie. Need to take my mind of the 11th that's soon approaching. Hope the government's high alert status proves to be a false alarm.
We all do.
<yawn>
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197310 Sep 4, 2014

How to make DB and other Saudis nervous...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1197311 Sep 4, 2014
A Guide for Those Traumatized by Right-Wing, Fear-Mongering Lies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mitchell-bard/a...

it's about healthcare, but the headline is all encompassing. just look at Galt. oh. my. better yet, don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr cpeter1313 311,476
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr TRD 70,811
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 10 hr zazz 98,126
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 hr USS LIBERTY 72,033
News Accused Broward County student linked to more h... (Mar '08) 15 hr lawyer trash 93
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 hr litesong 60,655
the outlaws motorcycle gang in south Florida is... (Feb '11) Jul 20 Lynch 255

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages