Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1457195 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

el perfecto

Boston, MA

#1180017 Aug 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
... typo....
The Democrats are saying Obama will declare himself dictator this month and start writing his own laws. The Constitution does not give the President the authority to give amnesty to anyone in violation of a law. As for violations of the law, the Constitution only allows the President to grant an individual a pardon. The Constitution commands the President "take care the laws are faithfully enforced". Obama says he's going to declare himself dictator and write his own immigration law.
So, if there is a significant opposition to Obama declaring a dictatorship, do you think Obama will order the DHS to use those 2,700 tanks they have to enforce the dictatorship?
Do you think Americans will give up the Constitution after Obama declares himself dictator?
In truth, DB, if the TEA were to become an "official" party, it would be a 35th party.
But if that isn't enough to convince you that it's a completely idiotic idea, how about the fact that it would literally split the GOP and ensure the Marxists retain power.

Are you so angry that you're willing to destroy the country, just to teach the RINO a lesson?
How about redirecting that anger into something c

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1180018 Aug 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton's 1992 campaign promise to "end welfare as we have come to know it" came to fruition with the Republican-sponsored Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act bill which he signed into law.
Afterwards, the NY Times went nuts on him crying about "children in poverty".
"Do it for the children!" again. Some things never change, do they?!!!
Hee, Hee.
I remember distinctly the news reports after the Welfare Reform bill was passed. The numbers of people on welfare had diminished significantly and - miraculously - people were finding employment and making arrangements for child care with family and friends to be able to go to work.

It's much easier now to have more kids to pick up a bigger check. Obama seems to have planned it that way.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1180019 Aug 4, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave no matter how you try to rearrange the chairs the Facts are 21 Democrats voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act while only 6 Republicans!! 90% of Republicans supported Black Legislation while 80% of Democrats opposed it!! The Civil Rights Act of 64 was passed by Republicans!!
the 1964 Civil Rights Act targeted the Southern states and ignored the institutional racism of the Northern states, often far worse than that in the South....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1180020 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it really matter if it "began to burst" in 2005 and came crashing down in 2007-2008?
Nitpicking makes you sound a lot like nuc.
Focus on the big picture. Which is a decline in median incomes since 2009 and Obamacare.
?????????

lol! And there you were complaining about CRA causing the economic demise before.

So you either lied... made a mistake... or both.

Seems to me it's your focus that off...
el perfecto

Boston, MA

#1180021 Aug 4, 2014
"concrete."

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1180022 Aug 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave proved something besides he knows how to regurgitate party line bullshit? I noticed you forgot to put that proof here. How about you go back and copy and paste that proof for us, dupe.
Now, back to the issue you run away from....
You continually run away from the issue. The Democrats are saying Obama will declare himself dictator this month and start writing his own laws. The Constitution does not give the President to give amnesty to anyone in violation of a law. The Constitution commands the President "take care the laws are faithfully enforced". Obama says he's going to declare himself dictator and write his own immigration law.
So, if there is a significant opposition to Obama declaring a dictatorship, do you think Obama will order the DHS to use those 2,700 tanks they have to enforce the dictatorship?
Do you think Americans will give up the Constitution after Obama declares himself dictator?
The guy appointed to execute and enforce the laws wants to be the one to interpret them, originate them and selectively enforce them at will.

And then dis them when he feels like it.

Kenyan Tribal Chieftain

Dreams From My Marxist C*ckhound Father has become America's Nightmare.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1180023 Aug 4, 2014
Pelosi's Twitter Birthday wish

Happy birthday, Mr. Pres! Hope today brings you much laughter, great joy & lots of cake... dark chocolate, of course!
el perfecto

Boston, MA

#1180024 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember distinctly the news reports after the Welfare Reform bill was passed. The numbers of people on welfare had diminished significantly and - miraculously - people were finding employment and making arrangements for child care with family and friends to be able to go to work.
It's much easier now to have more kids to pick up a bigger check. Obama seems to have planned it that way.
Well put. We must win from the inside and we are. We awill not win every battle, but look at what has happened since 2010. All the GOP state legislatures the GOP has won were not won by RINO's, but on conservative values. It is important we persevere. The TEA movement is still young and we are learning. We had to experience some flawed candidates and now we are we are doing a better job of vetting candidates. even when we lose, we win. These close calls get the attention of the establishment. It is all about diligence.

Lapeer, MI

#1180025 Aug 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans always view reality and the facts as being bullied. I guess in that respect they are undermanned and helpless,
Grey Goosed is always undermanned; he's always the man underneath:-)

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1180026 Aug 4, 2014
YYYY GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
Realslime typing his two favorite words --¨mindless drivel¨-- does not discredit anything, no matter how high the horse he thinks he sits on.
Seriously. I go out of my way to find credible sources just to prove when Realtime is out of the loop by posting what's being reported in the headlines.

One time I really did find a New York Times article that backed up something I had posted which he insisted was gibberish.

Even posting the link to the article, he wouldn't budge from his high horse.

Incredible and unsettling at the same time.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1180027 Aug 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Hamas be in a tunnel during a truce or ceasefire?
Why not? They had just as much right to be there as israeli forces.

When Kerry announced the ceasefire deal, he said Israel and Hamas will “cease all offensive military activities and NEITHER side will advance beyond its current locations.” The only way to insure that the IDF didn't advance their way through the tunnels was to retain their positions. Odds are...both sides were advancing. Israel can't be trusted anymore than Hamas.

"In a statement published to its website, Hamas’ military wing, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, said that Israel used the cease-fire to advance troops and likely clashed with advancing Hamas forces. The Israeli soldier is likely dead, according to Hamas, as are all the Hamas troops involved."
Obamafarts

Houston, TX

#1180028 Aug 4, 2014
The PEA movement is still young and we are learning to be potty trained.....

Lapeer, MI

#1180029 Aug 4, 2014
YYYY GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
Realslime typing his two favorite words --¨mindless drivel¨-- does not discredit anything, no matter how high the horse he thinks he sits on.
Another one of bombastic Realslime's is "gibberish".

He's a Municipal Waste Treatment Facility Fountain of crap.
YYYY GUY

United States

#1180030 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me figure out your reasoning here.
Because Microsoft News posted a Time article it makes it somehow less than an article from Time? You surely are not that illogical
The information is a Brookings Institute report? Are you claiming Brookings is right-wing? If so, that is laughable
The Brookings Institute used census data. Are you saying the census bureau is dishonest?
Really, what is your complaint here other than you didn't like what it stated.
I think you know you just answered your question.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1180031 Aug 4, 2014
Pressure is growing on Montana’s junior senator to step down as he and his campaign team try to find their footing in the wake of a plagiarism scandal that could cost him his master’s degree and military rank. One of the largest newspapers in Montana is calling for embattled incumbent Sen. John Walsh, D-Mont., to drop out of the Senate race. Walsh has been reeling since the NYT reported that he plagiarized large swaths of a research paper he submitted to the Army War College in 2007. The Missoulian has now called for Walsh to step down or at least withdraw from the race before the Aug. 11 deadline for Democrats to find a new candidate. The Montana Standard in Butte reached a different, but still damning, conclusion after its editorial board talked with Walsh: “Walsh has offered no suggestions for resolving his error, other than to throw himself on the mercy of the War College board now investigating the plagiarism. So allow us: The senator should immediately forfeit the degree and offer to redo the paper properly.”
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1180032 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
The progressive liberal party could care less about blacks, Hispanics and minorities.
They care about power and keeping it all costs and by any means necessary even if it means using and manipulating people as the means necessary to do so.
This will be repeated numerous times.
The truth if repeated enough times is still the truth.
Just like your 'leader...."

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."
- Adolf Hitler
YYYY GUY

United States

#1180033 Aug 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>?????????
lol! And there you were complaining about CRA causing the economic demise before.
So you either lied... made a mistake... or both.
Seems to me it's your focus that off...
The CRA was just one piece of the puzzle.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1180034 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously. I go out of my way to find credible sources just to prove when Realtime is out of the loop by posting what's being reported in the headlines.
One time I really did find a New York Times article that backed up something I had posted which he insisted was gibberish.
Even posting the link to the article, he wouldn't budge from his high horse.
Incredible and unsettling at the same time.
One time eh?

That pretty much spells it all out....
Obamafarts

Houston, TX

#1180035 Aug 4, 2014
The other piece was found behind the couch...next to the old nutty rag garndpa used....
el perfecto

Boston, MA

#1180037 Aug 4, 2014
... like a bridge abutment. Just pretend you're Princess Di.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 hr 3 Cats 312,661
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Thu TRD 71,227
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Wed zazz 98,265
Review: Dixie Cycle (Jun '09) Nov 23 john Doe 13
News Firefighter hurt in Pompano Beach warehouse fire Nov 11 Busoprtr 1
Review: Travel Options Inc (Sep '11) Nov 8 sharon in Canada 135
News Broward County deputy accused in sex assault of... (Jul '07) Nov 8 fix is in 254

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages