Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1231945 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#946868 Jul 17, 2013
NJ Racist wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't that how you were hatched? Now go find another broom and take a trip, dingbat.
Weren't you swabbed in a petri dish son?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#946869 Jul 17, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
Toddler shot and killed by (BLACK) teens during Georgia robbery, authorities say
...The Georgia mother was grieving from Thursday's shooting death of her 13-month-old son in his stroller during an attempted robbery while they took a morning stroll.
A pair of (BLACK) teenagers was arrested Friday. West had just been to the post office a few blocks from her apartment Thursday morning and was pushing her son, Antonio, in his stroller while they walked past gnarled oak trees and blooming azaleas in the coastal city of Brunswick.
West said a tall, skinny (BLACK) teenager, accompanied by a smaller (BLACK) boy, asked her for money.
"He asked me for money and I said I didn't have it," she told The Associated Press Friday from her apartment, which was scattered with her son's toys and movies.
"When you have a baby, you spend all your money on babies. They're expensive. And he kept asking and I just said 'I don't have it.' And he said,'Do you want me to kill your baby?' And I said,'No, don't kill my baby!'"
One of the teens fired four shots, grazing West's ear and striking her in the leg, BEFORE HE WALKED AROUND TO THE STROLLER AND SHOT THE BABY IN THE FACE.
Seventeen-year-old De'Marquis Elkins is charged as an adult with first-degree murder, along with a 14-year-old who was not identified because he is a juvenile, Police Chief Tobe Green said. It wasn't immediately clear whether the boys had attorneys.
Police announced the arrest Friday afternoon after combing school records and canvassing neighborhoods searching for the pair. The chief said the motive of the "horrendous act" was still under investigation and the weapon had not been found.
"I feel glad that justice will be served," West said. "It's not something I'm going to live with very well. I'm just glad they caught him."
West said detectives showed her mugshots of about 24 young men. She pointed to one, saying he looked like the gunman.
"After I picked him, they said they had him in custody," West said. "It looked just like him. So I think we got our man."
West said she thought the other suspect looked much younger: "That little boy did not look 14."
The slaying happened around the corner from West's apartment in the city's Old Town historic district. It's a street lined with grand Victorian homes from the late 1800s. Most have been neatly restored by their owners. Others, with faded and flaking paint, have been divided into rental units like the apartment West shared with her son. The slain boy's father, Luis Santiago, lives in a house across the street.
Santiago came and went. At one point he scooped up an armload of his son's stuffed animals, saying he wanted to take them home with him. He talked about Antonio's first birthday on Feb. 5 and how they had tried different party hats on the boy.
"He's all right," Santiago told the boy's mother, trying to smile. "He's potty training upstairs in heaven."
West said her son was walking well on his own and eight of his teeth had come in. But she also mourned the milestones that will never come, like Antonio's first day at school.
"I'm always going to wonder what his first word would be," West said.
You've finally found something that you thinks is really touching? What's this got to do with the price of tomatoes, VHB? Think Trayvon will be getting to vote in heaven? One black kid is not responsible for all the senseless violence perpetrated by all the other members of his race. You want to be considered guilty and targeted for all the crimes of Dumbya? I don't.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#946870 Jul 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet teacher unions force parents to give these dangerous drugs to their children to allow them to attend school.
Provide a link to prove this bizarre claim. Last I heard school boards determined policy in the districts where they were elected to serve.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#946871 Jul 17, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the same. They only fast food place with bullet proof glass between the works and customers I've ever seen was in oakland.
Battle of the bay was cancelled because 2 raider fans shot each other
Then you need to get out more. I see BP glass pretty regularly. There's a place I go for crab cake sandwiches in DC every time I'm there. Smack dab in the ghetto with BP glass. Sullivan's, I highly recommend it. You being a cowardly right-winger I'm sure you'll give it a miss.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#946872 Jul 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you asked.
ObamaKKKare reduces the medical profession to a welfare system where the best and brightest of American youth will find other professions more attractive than medicine. The void will be filled by poorly educated Third-World losers like Shiping Bao.
This is pure crap. There is nothing in the ACA that reduces doctor pay.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#946873 Jul 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In medicine, quality of personnel is paramount.
Cheap medicine available to all is worthless if the personnel are less than the best, or worse, lack medical degrees.
So? You can still pay more if you want.

It's an option available to you.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#946874 Jul 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to look no further than the present administration and the Senate who seem to hate America as much as, if not more than, their fellow radical liberals.
Are you a fellow radical liberal, Homer?
Funny how it's cons who cheer when they bring America to a screeching halt and non cons who lament the lack of progress due to cons being an uncompromising bunch.

Location hidden

#946875 Jul 17, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm married to a "brown person", stupid.
What's his name?

Can't brown people be prejudiced? Aren't some people prejudiced only against certain shades of skin color? Don't a lot of white racists include white Jews in their irrational view of the world?

Hey, I can't tell y'all apart so if you're wrongly mistaken for a racist 'cause of the company you keep maybe you should reconsider the company you keep.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#946876 Jul 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, it's OK if the office help want to take your weight and blood pressure, but then bring in the real physician.
Just go to one.

It's your choice.

I still don't get what you're complaining about.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#946877 Jul 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet teacher unions force parents to give these dangerous drugs to their children to allow them to attend school.
Proof?

Location hidden

#946878 Jul 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just asking the question because someone, perhaps yourself, stated that Zimmerman had a "criminal record."
He does but it wasn't me mentioning it, its irrelevant since neither party could know the other party's criminal history.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#946879 Jul 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Education and training requirements vary widely from state to state.
Want a physician assistant to perform surgery of any kind?
Tell you whether the mole on your face in cancerous?
Don't be a fool.
Even doctors won't tell you if the mole on your face is cancerous son.

But you bring up another interesting point.

Doctors are actually outsourcing much of the work overseas. Yep, because the doctors overseas are cheaper, and it's more expedient too!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#946880 Jul 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let me present you with the same scenario which was presented to Homer and Lily.
What if a black man had noticed a white teenager acting suspicious in his neighborhood, called the police and then tried to keep an eye on his whereabouts before they arrived...and what if an eye witness saw the white teenager straddling the black man and beating him giving the black man a broken nose, lacerations on the back of his head and two black eyes...and what if the black man had screamed for help and, when help didn't arrive, took out his pocketknife and stabbed the white teenager in self defense.
Would you claim the black man acted in self defense or would you call him a racist whose only intent was to kill a white troubled teenager who was given the status of sainthood after such an attack?
Be honest.
You keep bringing up hypothetical situations son.

It's no different than your assertions in the Zimmerman case.
Quantitative Easing

Waynesboro, MS

#946881 Jul 17, 2013
Remember this?

Another Guilty Plea in Mississippi Hate Crime Death (ZNN)
Watch:

Quote:
Mississippi -- A fourth man has pleaded guilty to a federal hate crime in the death of a black man who was beaten by a gang of young whites, then run over by a pickup truck driven by one of them in Mississippi in 2011. In a separate but related case, another Mississippi man admitted he was part of a group of whites who carried out other racial attacks against African-Americans around the same time.

Chambersburg, PA

#946882 Jul 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> If you would ask me I would say my son caused his own death.
Here is the simple fact that most all of you are missing. Zimmerman turned around to return to his car and wait for the police. All Martin had to do was go home. But he didn't. So he caused his own death.
And all Zimmerman had to do was stay in the God Damn Truck & Not disobey the police and not violate the guidelines of Neighborhood Watch And when asked by Martin identify himself as Neighborhood Watch.

But he didn't. And therefore he caused Martin's death.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#946883 Jul 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He's gotten away with it once. What's to stop him from doing it again? Certainly not the legal system.
You're only saying that cause he"s hispanic

Location hidden

#946885 Jul 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Term limits once was one of the battle cries when demanding change and accountability.
Maybe it's time for another movement and risk being called racists again.
Term limits should be at the top of the republican platform in 2016. If they have any kahunas, it will be.
I'm holding out Rand Paul will be at least one future GOP candidate who puts country before party.
It's my guess moderates and independents would also get behind that candidate.
When has anybody accused you of racism for wanting term limits?

Didn't you read Patrick's definition of Straw Man?

Here:

Description of Straw Man

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

Person A has position X.
Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
Person B attacks position Y.
Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.
This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.

Chambersburg, PA

#946886 Jul 17, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
True dat DUHMMY....
A thirteen month old baby in a stroller truly IS an innocent, at the hands of animalisTIC thugs.
Keep on SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUU UUURRRRRRRRRPPPPP'n up dat ghetto gutter grape skittles and watermelon spewage drink dude, it shore nuff to make yew kewl in duh hood.
(barf).
So, what was your point?

Are you saying that since a black kid shot a thirteen month old that all black kids are thugs? Certainly you aren;t that GD dumb, are you?

Location hidden

#946887 Jul 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Lindsay Graham to run as a Democrat in 2014?
When are y'all gonna throw Rand Paul and Ted Cruz under the RINO bus for being in cahoots with Kirsten Gillibrand?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#946888 Jul 17, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I am totally serious. You have to be "thee" dumbest person on this thread! In attempt to proven your " superior " knowledge, you proven me right! How stupid can you be? Rhetorical question! Even the legal definition described Zimmerman's actions. The fact you had to look it up speaks volumes about you brain span. You played yourself homie! That's what you get for trying to be smart... when you're not!
You voted for the winner obama and Eric Holder and still lost making you a bigger Civil Rights loser you racist..

DOJ Eric Holder and Obama will NOT pursue civil rights violations. Both are just talking bullshit making idiots out of you for more money, power and votes...

Grievance industry racist sellout. Race Profiteers. How Jesse and Al Sharpton get paid. Truth is bad for a racist business...

The dumb Negro will follow Obama to HELL and wonders why no one cares when sold out and when his behavior is the issue, nothing more you idiot...

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min positronium 53,452
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 309,850
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr TRD 70,012
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 10 hr Anne 97,251
Review: MB Automotive 20 hr Christina 1
A safe, psychedelic, plant and fungi guided bo... 21 hr jjay75 2
Review: South Florida Introductions Thu Scammed Customer 4
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]