Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Jane Says

New York, NY

#942253 Jul 11, 2013
very funny but sadly--ALL TRUE:

Jay Leno on the scandals

"I was going to start off tonight with an Obama joke, but I don't want to
get audited by the IRS."

On NSA surveillance: "We wanted a president who listens to all Americans -
now we have one."

On a new IRS commissioner: "He's called 'acting commissioner' because he has
to act like the scandal doesn't involve the White House."

On closing the Guantanamo prison for terrorists: "If he really wants to
close it, turn it into a government-funded solar power company. The doors
will be shut in a month."

Concerning the Benghazi, Associated Press, and IRS scandals: "Remember in
the old days when President Obama's biggest embarrassment was Joe Biden?"

On Obama saying he didn't know about the IRS scandal: "He was too busy not
knowing anything about Benghazi to not know anything about the IRS."

"The White House has a new slogan about Benghazi: Hope and change the
subject."

"It's casual Friday, which means that at the White House, they're casually
going through everybody's phone calls and records."

"It is not looking good for President Obama. Today his teleprompter took the
fifth."

"Fox News has changed its slogan from 'Fair and Balanced' to 'See, I told
you so!'"

"These White House scandals are not going away anytime soon. People in Kenya
are now saying he's 100 percent American. That's how bad it's gotten."

On Obama's commencement address: "He told the young graduates their future
is bright unless, of course, they want jobs."

On a Chicago man who set a record for riding a Ferris wheel: "The only other
way to go around and around in a circle that many times is to read the
official report on Benghazi."

On White House claims of ignorance on the scandals: "They took 'Don't Ask,
Don't Tell' out of the Pentagon and moved it into the White House."
proud2bwhite

Kansas City, MO

#942254 Jul 11, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans will never get it that actions speak far louder than words, like now for instance your obvious attempt at pretending you are concerned about women when your history clearly shows the opposite. Women, minorities and homosexuals are all capable of seeing the obvious and your to little to late attempt is comical at best.
with all your bitchin about fag rights and the war on women, how is it you bow to obama the trasonous bastard who gives aid to people that shoot 14 year old girls in the head for wanting to go to school and have laws that make homosexuality a crime punishable by death? your hypocrisy and ignorance has no limits.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#942255 Jul 11, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
The Daly Show has tons of clips showing the hypocrisy and lies aired on FOX. You should Google some of the YouTube videos, its hilarious.
There's a friendly rivalry between Stuart and O'Reilly, and I've watched the Daily Show myself when he makes fun of O'Reilly. There's a satirical bias in those clips and they aren't always on target.

It would be easy for a conservative satirist to show the hypocrisy and lies in the main stream media and this administration even without bias. But that would be the news and not comedy.

Keep in mind you're watching a liberal comedy show. Only liberals think it's news. Conservatives have more sense. There's far too much at stake to waste time laughing and making fun of the liberal media who never take anything seriously.
LCN Llin

United States

#942256 Jul 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly hope you're right; but it doesn't look good, according to the legal experts. Zimmerman is a killer and a menace to society; he will kill again.
Do not like televised trials with talking heads telling us what to believe.
His death at 17 was horrible, character assassination of him seems a second televised horrible event.
I hope the jury brings in the correct verdict.
Will abide by the verdict
WOW

Bronx, NY

#942257 Jul 11, 2013
Its funny only DEMOCRATS and OBAMA supporters went to school in AMERICA so they are the only ones who can have understanding of anything like NJ RAIDER1 bruce ratner had nothing to do with the NETS GOING TO BROOKLYN ONLY JAY Z and OBAMA WHAT ABOUT THIS GUY NJ RAIDER 1 CLOWN jay z was used to diffuse the dislocation of low income people.MetroTech Center and Atlantic Center[edit]He developed the $1 billion complex of nine buildings in downtown Brooklyn, currently the third largest business district in NYC called MetroTech.[1][6] He built a 393,000 square-foot shopping mall at the intersection of Atlantic and Flatbush Avenues in the 1990s.[1][7]

Ownership of the Nets[edit]The prolific and controversial[7] Ratner (he was among other things one of the biggest spenders in New York state on lobbying politicians according to the New York Times)[1] first became owner of the Nets when he headed an ownership group that purchased the franchise from YankeeNets for $300 million. Ratner's group beat out an ownership group led by Charles Kushner and former New Jersey governor Jon Corzine. Ratner relocated the Nets to New York City, specifically to build an arena in the Prospect Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn even though there was desire to keep them in New Jersey.

The Barclays Center is now the centerpiece of a $3.5 billion sports arena, business and residential complex called Atlantic Yards. This project is being built by Ratner's company, Forest City Ratner Companies.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#942258 Jul 11, 2013
Obama fails to uphold our nation's principles. "if i had a son........"
proud2bwhite

Kansas City, MO

#942259 Jul 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boo effin hooo, poor Georgie the murderer had to answer the judge; the judge is the boss of the courtroom whether you like it or not shorty. I personally think any murderer should have to take the stand and answer questions instead of all those nonsense witnesses talking about martial arts; oh please what a dog and pony show. Put the effing killer on the stand and grill him till he falls apart.
will you be burning your neighbors house down or just robing tv's when Zimmerman walks free?

Orlando, FL

#942260 Jul 11, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
very funny but sadly--ALL TRUE:
Jay Leno on the scandals
"I was going to start off tonight with an Obama joke, but I don't want to
get audited by the IRS."
On NSA surveillance: "We wanted a president who listens to all Americans -
now we have one."
On a new IRS commissioner: "He's called 'acting commissioner' because he has
to act like the scandal doesn't involve the White House."
On closing the Guantanamo prison for terrorists: "If he really wants to
close it, turn it into a government-funded solar power company. The doors
will be shut in a month."
Concerning the Benghazi, Associated Press, and IRS scandals: "Remember in
the old days when President Obama's biggest embarrassment was Joe Biden?"
On Obama saying he didn't know about the IRS scandal: "He was too busy not
knowing anything about Benghazi to not know anything about the IRS."
"The White House has a new slogan about Benghazi: Hope and change the
subject."
"It's casual Friday, which means that at the White House, they're casually
going through everybody's phone calls and records."
"It is not looking good for President Obama. Today his teleprompter took the
fifth."
"Fox News has changed its slogan from 'Fair and Balanced' to 'See, I told
you so!'"
"These White House scandals are not going away anytime soon. People in Kenya
are now saying he's 100 percent American. That's how bad it's gotten."
On Obama's commencement address: "He told the young graduates their future
is bright unless, of course, they want jobs."
On a Chicago man who set a record for riding a Ferris wheel: "The only other
way to go around and around in a circle that many times is to read the
official report on Benghazi."
On White House claims of ignorance on the scandals: "They took 'Don't Ask,
Don't Tell' out of the Pentagon and moved it into the White House."
"Fox News has changed its slogan from 'Fair and Balanced' to 'See, I told you so!'"

That one went right over the liberals' heads. They have no idea the liberal media doesn't tell them the truth - much less Fox does.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#942261 Jul 11, 2013
Bruce C. Ratner did not pretend to be much of a basketball fan when he paid $300 million in 2004 for the New Jersey Nets. Before long, the team had the worst record in the National Basketball Association, and he had a reputation as one of the worst owners in professional sports.

Multimedia Slide Show
Ready or NotRelated
Barclays Arena Rivals the Garden’s Glow (September 28, 2012)
At Unveiling of Barclays Center, Talk of a Nets Championship (September 22, 2012)
In Brooklyn, Bracing for Hurricane Barclays (September 23, 2012)
Connect With NYTMetro
Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for news and conversation.

Enlarge This Image

Michael Appleton for The New York Times
Bruce C. Ratner last week at the ribbon-cutting ceremony for the Barclays Center. More Photos »
Enlarge This Image

Josh Haner/The New York Times
Mr. Ratner faced years of criticism for his Atlantic Yards project, which included the construction of the arena, home of the Brooklyn Nets. More Photos »
Readers’ Comments
Readers shared their thoughts on this article.
Read All Comments (112)»
But he also had the leverage he needed to pull off a real estate megadeal.

The purchase was the most glaring demonstration of Mr. Ratner’s single-minded dedication to a goal: building a 22-acre,$4.9 billion project in the heart of Brooklyn, the largest development project in the borough’s history. Though the Atlantic Yards plan also called for residential towers, a significant portion of which will be subsidized, he sold it to the public as a way to finally bring professional sports back to the borough.

“So, how did we get here?” Mr. Ratner asked last week, almost giddy, at the ribbon cutting of the nation’s most expensive basketball arena, the Barclays Center.“We first needed to buy a basketball team, and against all odds we did it.”

That acknowledgment highlights a characteristic that emerged again and again over the past nine years: Mr. Ratner, one of the most prominent and polarizing figures in real-estate-mad New York, may portray himself as a reluctant developer, but he will do what is necessary to get a deal done.
(N)EW (J)IGGABOO RAIDER1
LCN Llin

United States

#942262 Jul 11, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>days or months? let me move into a park and then in typical lib hypocritical fashion complain that some aren't contributing to the community but want to share the "good food" and are "redistributing" IPADs without permission.
maybe the libs should have stayed home from Watergate and not protested Nixon's "faux scandal" His crime was nothing compared to all the ObamaGates. unless of course Americans were killed during the break-in and we just never were told about it.
but once again--if Nixon had been a Democrat, the media crusade would have not been there. just like with Obama--they would only reluctantly report what they absolutely had to lest "The One's" cultural popularity be diminished.
Bush expanded entitlements with Prescription Drugs under Medicare.
Largest expansion of the entitlements since President Johnson

When President Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the S&P 500 stock market index stood at 1,342.54.

The day he left office, it was 805.22.

President Obama, on Wednesday, it was 15,291.66

Republicans screw up the economy.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#942263 Jul 11, 2013
Why Did The (Illegal) Obama Administration “Organize And Manage” Protests Against George Zimmerman?

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/why...
WOW

Bronx, NY

#942264 Jul 11, 2013
COMPARED TO THESE TWO NETS OWNER JAY z is nothing more than a towel boy for the NETS they used JAY Z IMAGE to displace poor people where is that narrative the rents for poor people in AREA means they had to move out POOR people NJRAIDER1 you are a PHONY
LCN Llin

United States

#942265 Jul 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Why Did The (Illegal) Obama Administration “Organize And Manage” Protests Against George Zimmerman?
http://endoftheamericd-manage- protests-against-george-zimmer man
"If you weren't tilting at windmills, you would have nothing to post." -Waxman
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#942266 Jul 11, 2013
OK leftist phags!! So you are actually starting to see the light that George Zimmerman is going to be acquitted!! Dont worry, you can still take part in the major chimpout that's coming following justice being served!!

Actually, I'm starting to think they may just fix the case to avoid the certain rioting/chimpout. I've actually never seen a judge as biased and incompetent as that fat broodsow nelson......
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#942267 Jul 11, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You can see the actual document of the Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission (ARDC) of the Supreme Court of Illinois here:
http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2010/0...
Notice "court ordered inactive status", which means Michelle Obama cannot receive reciprocity from Illinois to any other state. What they did was prevent her from just moving to another state where she can scam insurance companies from there after she was busted in Illinois.
It's a crock, just made up stuff. Sorry Captain Poopypants we're going to need some real more proof, not garbage from a rightwing blog. Got anything else?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#942268 Jul 11, 2013
You know what is sad is that people who don't realize it actually think they are getting real new from the Fox News channel. That's just terrible.

Orlando, FL

#942269 Jul 11, 2013
positronium wrote:
Obama fails to uphold our nation's principles. "if i had a son........"
He forgets his place. Narcissists and radicals often do.

It's not his place to comment on whether the "cops were wrong" or Trayvon would "look just like him" without knowing any of the facts beforehand. His opinions don't matter nor are they welcomed when it involves racially charged elements in the local news.

He does this because he doesn't know any better and to intentionally create derisiveness. He makes himself look foolish interjecting on local matters, especially racial matters, which Presidents don't and shouldn't put themselves right in the middle of - whether black, white or both.

It emphasizes his inexperience and spotlights his inability to remove himself from anything that doesn't promote his own bias.

If we had a President of the United States and Commander-in-Chief who knew better, we'd have a credible POTUS and CIC who would be more concerned about the state of the union instead of a phony, self-centered, radical liberal who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut instead.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#942270 Jul 11, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> with all your bitchin about fag rights and the war on women, how is it you bow to obama the trasonous bastard who gives aid to people that shoot 14 year old girls in the head for wanting to go to school and have laws that make homosexuality a crime punishable by death? your hypocrisy and ignorance has no limits.
Your stupidity exceeds all. And says it all. Moron. Good little bigoted racist redneck oinker.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#942271 Jul 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Texas legislation does nothing for jobs, but the absence of a state income tax in Texas is great for jobs.
High-tax states face a grim future.
I didn't realize the new gop mantra is "close a business, and it doesn't affect jobs"
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#942272 Jul 11, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
OK leftist phags!! So you are actually starting to see the light that George Zimmerman is going to be acquitted!! Dont worry, you can still take part in the major chimpout that's coming following justice being served!!
Actually, I'm starting to think they may just fix the case to avoid the certain rioting/chimpout. I've actually never seen a judge as biased and incompetent as that fat broodsow nelson......
Is suspect as warped as you are you know judges quite well, i'm still betting Zimmerman doesn't walk...Wanna bet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min Truth is might 306,993
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min Eric 71,044
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 37 min Anne 96,652
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Brian_G 49,220
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Uzi 68,883
Review: G8 Van Lines 15 hr Seth Caldwell 18
A year and a half after Wilma, S. Florida build... (Jun '07) Sat Curious 50
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pompano Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]