Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1683822 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#919179 Jun 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I haven't used an alarm clock in 20 years.
You and 51% of the country.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#919180 Jun 5, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The Chicago Sun-Times has more about Power and her involvement in the new-found genocide prevention board:
"Samantha Power -- who won a Pulitizer Prize for her book on genocide and now advises the Obama administration on the subject–will chair President Barack Obama's new Atrocities Prevention Board, which gets down to work Monday as Obama delivers a speech at the US Holocaust Memorial Museum.[...]
"The Obama White House efforts to address genocide is headed by Samantha Power, Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Multilateral Affairs and Human Rights. Power won a Pulitizer Prize for her book, "A Problem from Hell: America and the Age of Genocide"and worked briefly for Obama when he was a US senator from Illinois."
You may also remember Power from her role in Obama's 2008 presidential campaign (she resigned after calling Hillary Clinton a "monster"). She's also the wife of Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs' Administrator Cass Sunstein (of "Nudge" fame).
http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/5360
She is one sick bitch.
She is an activist in trying to draw attention to genocide around the world believing America could do more to intervene.

I have to say I agree with her on that.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#919181 Jun 5, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> All progressive RINOs. They might as well have a (D) by their name. It would be more honest.
The tea party is destroying your party
JoanofArk

Brodhead, KY

#919182 Jun 5, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
They know by meting out and protecting their own, they will answer to no one."
..."They've forgotten their place."
I don't believe that.... I think they're finally just getting to that first little stepstone- of HAVING to answer for what they do now!!

Oughta be a real hoot to start seeing that happen now too!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Brodhead, KY

#919183 Jun 5, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
She is an activist in trying to draw attention to genocide around the world believing America could do more to intervene.
What affect do you think that will have on places already in chaos, like Syria?

Orlando, FL

#919184 Jun 5, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Powers wanted to invade Israel. She is a real Jew hater. Good thing Sunstein is one of those fake ones. Could be a rabbit in the pot for dinner-that would really cook that Sunstein.
She actually called it a "mammoth protection force" to monitor developments between the Israelis and Palestinans if either the Israelis or Palestinians looked "like they might be moving toward genocide."

She also has many strong supporters of Israel who dismiss the charge she is not a friend of Israel.

So, as far as I'm concerned anyway, the jury is out on this.
TheIndependentMa jority

Brodhead, KY

#919185 Jun 5, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Rice, with her impressive credentials, will enhance, or detract, from the current state of failed foreign policies(?) that America has witnessed over the past couple of years?

Orlando, FL

#919186 Jun 5, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
What affect do you think that will have on places already in chaos, like Syria?
Don't know for sure. But don't think she will have that much influence on where this president stands when it comes to Syria.

Orlando, FL

#919187 Jun 5, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Rice, with her impressive credentials, will enhance, or detract, from the current state of failed foreign policies(?) that America has witnessed over the past couple of years?
Rice is only one of a handful of people who knows who gave her the order to promote the video as the reason for the attack on the embassy in Benghazi.

If she can't be trusted to relay that information to the American people knowing what everyone knows now and knowing she was part of the lie and the eventual coverup, she shouldn't be trusted with any national security issue.

Orlando, FL

#919188 Jun 5, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans who support a smaller and more efficient government are not a threat to anyone. They are not destroying anything except, perhaps, the bigger the better government fallacy.

They are, in fact, putting the spotlight where it should have been all along. On an overbloated federal government so out of control no one seems to know what anyone else is doing.

Orlando, FL

#919189 Jun 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Powers not likely to be confirmed.
She seems to have support. McCain supports her confirmation.

Orlando, FL

#919190 Jun 5, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think a president lying about a terrorist attack on a foreign embassy to win an election is an impeachable offense?

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#919191 Jun 5, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know for sure. But don't think she will have that much influence on where this president stands when it comes to Syria.
Who gives a sh*t about Syria? As long as they're occupied killing each other, less time they can devote thinking about ways to kill others.

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#919192 Jun 5, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think a president lying about a terrorist attack on a foreign embassy to win an election is an impeachable offense?
What did lie about? Thought the assailants were an unorganized bunch of thugs as opposed to an organized group of thugs? Lame. So tell us again how the media is so liberal when Murdoch's News Corp. is the 2nd largest media conglomerate on the planet? Always remember , people only believe what you tell them!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#919193 Jun 5, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Sheep dip! They already saying it would be unfair to deny them the vote, welfare, and health care if they are legally living here. This is coming from both sides. What planet do you live on?
Don't shoot the messenger. All I did what report what your beloved Fox news reported. You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. However, you're right, Fox News reports are primarily "Sheep Dip".

"Millions of illegal immigrants would be put on a pathway to legal status and eventually have the chance to apply for citizenship in exchange for paying fines and taxes, under the terms of the immigration overhaul being unveiled this week.

According to an outline of the bill released to Fox News late Monday night, the massive legalization program would be twinned with a multibillion-dollar effort to boost border security.

It would require the Homeland Security Department to create and launch plans for border security and fencing before illegal immigrants can enter a provisional status. This could happen as early as six months after enactment of the bill.

They would remain in that provisional status for 10 years, able to work legally but barred from federal benefits like welfare or health care. After 10 years they could seek green cards conferring permanent legal status, provided the security and fencing plans have been "substantially" carried out. After another three years, those immigrants could petition for citizenship."

"There's a realization among most Republicans and Democrats that this issue needs to be addressed," said Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., a leader of the effort. "You can't have 11 million people living in the shadows forever."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/16/bi...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#919194 Jun 5, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
I like what this person said.
"This federal government of our United States of America has alienated so many Americans of this great nation that we go after each other's throat before we go after a cancerous federal government. Do Americans really believe this federal government cares more for Americans then their own benefits?
This government has managed to pit American against American all the while they answer to no one except themselves.
This govenement has absolutely no fear of Americans in the private sector. They know by meting out and protecting their own, they will answer to no one."
..."They've forgotten their place."
Don't forget, "federal government" includes the uncompromising, obstructionist Republican members of Congress.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#919195 Jun 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No immigration bill can possibly pass unless improved border security is the first priority.
Obviously you didn't read the link. I'm disappointed since I went out of my way to find one specifically acceptable to Rethugs.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#919196 Jun 5, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Links please.
Call 7-Eleven. Ask for Trayvon.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#919197 Jun 5, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a link for you. Note: The masked gang member "wearing a black hooded sweatshirt" WAS NOT black. It is obvious that you are blinded by your prejudice. People like you are part of the problem not the solution.
Here's a Link?

You lie so much that you forget that you're lying!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#919199 Jun 5, 2013
http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/demand-obamas-impe...

Mark_IN 3 hours ago &#8722;

I am all for impeaching Obamaclaus and trying him for treason, but it would be a very big mistake to impeach Obamaclaus without super-gluing and tying Hillary Clinton to him and his agenda. A serious mistake, and here is why. The liberal Obamaclaus news media will make the case to his and their low information fan base that now equals at least 50% of our nation's voting populous given that Obamaclaus was not only elected in 2008, but reelected in 2012, and instill in their simple minds that to allow his impeachment would be allowing a political lynching by racist gun toting, church going, bible thumping tea party conservatives, and therefore Hillary must be elected president in 2016.
Think they can't and wouldn’t do it? As example, "Little Georgie" Step-on-all-of-us of ABC successfully launched a fake war on women during the New Hampshire debates for his boss, Obamaclaus. As example, the Obamaclaus news media successfully hid Benghazi from the same low information fan base before the 2012 elections. As example, the Obamaclaus news media successfully hid the Obamacare death panels from the same low information fan base, even though now its a federal judge trying to save the life of a little girl that HHS Secretary, Kathleen Sebelius imposed a death sentence on that little girl, personally. I can go on and on with successful examples of the Obamaclaus news media hiding news, scandals, OUR constitution from the low information Obamaclaus fan base, as can all of you. The second their Obamaclaus gets caught doing yet something else illegal like declaring Congress not in session when they are, lying about Obamacare, and so on, his news media comes running to him, gets down on their knees and performs political fellatio on him, gets up and wipes their faces, and report as news to their low information fan base that mean old racist tea party conservatives need to be punished for not being subservient to him as they are, and the dummies believe them and will carry out their marching orders to elect Hillary as the solution and payback..

Hillary resigned four years before 2016 for a reason, to separate herself from him long enough for a short memoried low information fan base to forget that she was an intricate part of his inner circle, cabinet. She wants to be, plans to be, and intends to be our next president, and the Obamaclaus news media is already working on it. The “Little Georgie” Step-on-all-of-us’ are already ginning up the next fake wars not being waged by conservatives, but that they will still be blamed for.

Again, I am all for impeaching and trying Obamaclaus for treason, but we need to proceed smartly, and that requires super-gluing Hillary to Obama, and tying the political boat anchor around both of their waists so that they sink together. Every time that Obamaclaus gets caught and pointed at, in his defense, we need to tie Hillary to him, his inner circle with her screeching at Congress and demanding to know about EVERY scandal,“...what difference does it make...?”.

For the sake of our nation, we need to not proceed haphazardly, but to rather proceed cautiously and deliberately. We need to be smart about it for the long term. Bring Obamaclaus down with his siamese twin, Hillary.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min June VanDerMark 326,494
girls how many family members have you had sex ... (Dec '15) Jan 17 jhershey2062 33
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Jan 16 Never a tourest 98,659
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Jan 16 Into The Night 64,397
Jan 15 Sheridan Bridge Jan 15 Yep 1
News Drug addiction treatment center too costly, Bro... (May '08) Jan 15 Myself 119
News "Gay-ish" Series Outlandish Brings John Waters ... Jan 13 Wholly Silicon Wafer 2

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages