Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433569 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#887594 Apr 13, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Where in the constitution does it say man & man & man shall have the same rights as man & woman in regards to marriage? When it speaks on equal rights, it's speaking on the rights of individuals, not the rights of groupings. The constitution also says,"the right to bear arms shall not be infringed apon, yet it's illegal for felons to possess firearms. It's becoming more & more clear Dupont, you want to get rid of the whole damn thing, because you're arguing for more gun laws. Now I'm not against the newly proposed gun laws, but I think it's rather hypocritical of you to use the constitution to push gay marriage, but argue in opposition of the 2nd amendment when it already restricts a group of tax passing citizen their right guaranteed by the constitution. I brought that up because, the majority of felons in America are black, due to unequal rights for blacks to start off with. Now we both know that is fact so, why the big push for gays equal rights, over the rights of others? I don't see you exalting the same energy to get blacks their equal rights guaranteed by the constitution!
Marriage of any type was not mentioned in the Constitution, Loser, and prohibiting felons from owning guns is covered in the Fifth Amendment. "This phrase is commonly attributed to the Constitution, but it comes from the Declaration of Independence. The 5th Amendment does offer protections to our "life, liberty, or property," noting we cannot be deprived of any of them without due process of law.

Marriage

In 2004, a lot of controversy began to swirl around the topic of marriage as homosexual marriage entered the news once again. In 1999, the Vermont Supreme Court ordered that the state must make accommodations for gay unions, bringing the issue into the public eye. Vermont created civil unions as a result. In 2004, the Massachusetts Supreme Court went a step further, and ruled that the state must accommodate not just an institution equal to marriage, as civil union was designed to be, but that gay marriage itself must be offered in the state. Subsequently, mayors in New York and California began to offer gay marriage in their towns and cities, citing civil rights concerns. Those opposed to gay marriage began to urge that an amendment to the Constitution be created to define marriage as being between a man and a woman only. Opponents of the amendment pointed to the failed Prohibition Amendment as a reason why such social issues should stay out of the Constitution. In the absence of any such amendment, however, marriage is not mentioned in the Constitution at any point."

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#887595 Apr 13, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what is the discount for those who don't want contraceptive services?
The same as the discount for all those policy holders who didn't want to pay for your Viagra all those years.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#887596 Apr 13, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, maybe we can get Ryan White to check in__or not!
Many if not most of the hemopheliacs of that era died before life extending drug treatments were discovered and many were infected by sharing needles. Try keeping it real for once.
Ryan White was an innocent victim, unlike the AIDS-infected homosexual who sold the blood resulting in White's death.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#887597 Apr 13, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what is the discount for those who don't want contraceptive services?
It's useless trying to tell him something. Might as well go talk to a tree. When he wakes up and wonders what happened it will be too late.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#887598 Apr 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I was speaking of the disease being the same. Obviously, people who have risky sex aren't too bright.
Sounds like a homophobic slur.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#887599 Apr 13, 2013
LORD OBAMA NOT THE ANSWER wrote:
Obama to Hand Mic to Newtown Victim's Mom for Weekly Radio Address
12:51 PM, Apr 12, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER
Single Page Print Larger Text Smaller Text Alerts
This week's presidential radio address will be delivered by the mother of a victim of the Newtown massacre, the AP reports.
Obama dances on the graves of the children of Newtown while he continues to murder patriotic American troops in Afghanistan.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#887601 Apr 13, 2013
DEATH wrote:
<quoted text>
ONLY WHEN YOU'RE USING A WALKER, DEAR. THAT'S WHY WE ALL LOOK AWAY. VERY, VERY SOON I'M GOING TO TAKE YOUR WALKER AWAY. THEN YOU'LL BE BEAUTIFUL AGAIN. TRUST ME.
lowlifebottomfeedingwelfarefoo dstampObamaworshippingmorondea dmeatforsure say what? LOL

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#887602 Apr 13, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage of any type was not mentioned in the Constitution, Loser, and prohibiting felons from owning guns is covered in the Fifth Amendment. "This phrase is commonly attributed to the Constitution, but it comes from the Declaration of Independence. The 5th Amendment does offer protections to our "life, liberty, or property," noting we cannot be deprived of any of them without due process of law.
Marriage
In 2004, a lot of controversy began to swirl around the topic of marriage as homosexual marriage entered the news once again. In 1999, the Vermont Supreme Court ordered that the state must make accommodations for gay unions, bringing the issue into the public eye. Vermont created civil unions as a result. In 2004, the Massachusetts Supreme Court went a step further, and ruled that the state must accommodate not just an institution equal to marriage, as civil union was designed to be, but that gay marriage itself must be offered in the state. Subsequently, mayors in New York and California began to offer gay marriage in their towns and cities, citing civil rights concerns. Those opposed to gay marriage began to urge that an amendment to the Constitution be created to define marriage as being between a man and a woman only. Opponents of the amendment pointed to the failed Prohibition Amendment as a reason why such social issues should stay out of the Constitution. In the absence of any such amendment, however, marriage is not mentioned in the Constitution at any point."
The Declaration of Independence has no standing in law Melvin. The Constitution does. Personally I believe the government has no business in marriage. It is none of their business. Like many things the government has no business being involved in. That's federal, state, and local. FairTax would solve a lot of these problems.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#887603 Apr 13, 2013
Planned Parenthood is just as unsanitary and repulsive as Gosnell's clinic-

"Jayne Mitchell-Werbrich, former employee said, "It was just unsafe. I couldn't tell you how ridiculously unsafe it was."

Werbrich alleges conditions inside the facility were unsanitary.

"He didn't wear gloves," said Werbrich.

Another former employee, Joyce Vasikonis told Action News, "They were using instruments on patients that were not sterile."

The former nurses claim that a rush to get patients in and out left operating tables soiled and unclean.

Werbrich said "It's not washed down, it's not even cleaned off. It has bloody drainage on it."

"They could be at risk of getting hepatitis, even AIDS," added Vasikonis.

Both of these nurses said, they quit to protect their own medical licenses, stunned by what they called a meat-market style of assembly-line abortions.

Vasikonis said, "I felt I could be held liable if a patient was harmed."

"Planned Parenthood needs to close its doors, it's needs to be cleaned up, the staff needs to be trained, said Werbrich."

In Delaware, abortion clinics are not subject to routine inspections. The state only steps in when they have a patient complaint. Planned Parenthood is essentially in charge of inspecting itself. "

Since January 4th, five patients allegedly have been rushed from the facility to the emergency room, again placing the clinic in the spotlight.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story...
TSM

United States

#887604 Apr 13, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The same as the discount for all those policy holders who didn't want to pay for your Viagra all those years.
Leo…. I’ve got this Novel idea parents teach your daughters not to spread their Legs but if they do and becomes pregnant then that’s between, parents/ daughter, and the guy not their daughter and the taxpayers prevention begins at Home!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#887605 Apr 13, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court has already ruled that the initial phrase is merely introductory.
I posted 4 or 5 quotes made during the writing of the Constitution. I could have posted a hundred more. It is quite clear the people's right to bear arms was the subject of the day. Not a militia.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#887606 Apr 13, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it the Clinton's that claimed donated underwear?
Or maybe a blue dress?
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#887608 Apr 13, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The same as the discount for all those policy holders who didn't want to pay for your Viagra all those years.
Erectile dysfunction drugs are not covered by most policies (or by Medicare), but if they were, you should be able to opt out.

Hate men much, you lesbian slut?
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#887609 Apr 13, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I posted 4 or 5 quotes made during the writing of the Constitution. I could have posted a hundred more. It is quite clear the people's right to bear arms was the subject of the day. Not a militia.
Including the right to bear arms against a tyrannical government.

Hugo Chavez Obama will never leave office voluntarily, despite any Constitutional limit on terms of office.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#887610 Apr 13, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Leo…. I’ve got this Novel idea parents teach your daughters not to spread their Legs but if they do and becomes pregnant then that’s between, parents/ daughter, and the guy not their daughter and the taxpayers prevention begins at Home!!
Does "the guy not their daughter" make sense in "Tecus"?(I do notice you don't mention the unfairness of making women pay for contraception all those years when most of those plans paid for Viagra, etc., for men. Let's include the caveat that parents teach THEIR sons that if you can't get it up, don't use it?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#887611 Apr 13, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan White was an innocent victim, unlike the AIDS-infected homosexual who sold the blood resulting in White's death.
It was probably a drug addict, the blood/plasma donation centers of that era were shtholes. HIV, Hepatitus, you name it__nobody gave a sht. Not discounting the role of gay men in the epidemic just trying to keep it real.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#887613 Apr 13, 2013
baccac wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=7k9SoLcRmw 8 ……………… Get Lucky Sometimes
Obama spent this Year almost 4 Trillion?
CNBC - El-Erian: Cyprus Rescue Goes From Bad to Worse: http://tinyurl.com/cghcelj

This is our script, too.

We're stuck with the azzhole Boy Messiah.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#887614 Apr 13, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Erectile dysfunction drugs are not covered by most policies (or by Medicare), but if they were, you should be able to opt out.
Hate men much, you lesbian slut?
Perhaps the actual pills aren't but the physicians services are as is T replacement therapy. Same way with birth control pills, someone has to do the exam and write the prescriptions.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#887616 Apr 13, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Does "the guy not their daughter" make sense in "Tecus"?(I do notice you don't mention the unfairness of making women pay for contraception all those years when most of those plans paid for Viagra, etc., for men. Let's include the caveat that parents teach THEIR sons that if you can't get it up, don't use it?
Your personality precludes any need for contraception.
TSM

United States

#887618 Apr 13, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Does "the guy not their daughter" make sense in "Tecus"?(I do notice you don't mention the unfairness of making women pay for contraception all those years when most of those plans paid for Viagra, etc., for men. Let's include the caveat that parents teach THEIR sons that if you can't get it up, don't use it?
I agree if you wanted Play than you Must Pay that goes for Daughters/Sons!! Let’s take both out of the equation neither should be funded by Taxpayers!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min Patriot AKA Bozo 61,519
News Obama founder of ISIS, says Trump 1 hr barefoot2626 142
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Brian_G 311,911
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 71,059
News Man sought in sex abuse of girl arrested in Pom... (Jul '08) 17 hr Jessica 20
Review: OPTICIAN, Dr. Gary Enker World Eyeglass... (Feb '10) 21 hr Bro 14
News Tentative deal would prevent deep-well injectio... Wed BLDG SEVEN 1

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages