Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
791,041 - 791,060 of 1,096,074 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have chosen Ben Dover.
That was harsh. We were all just having a bit of fun and you had to show up like a dark cloud at a picnic. Why are rightwingers so miserable?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have chosen Ben Dover.
Aha, right on cue; a rightwinger has a homoerotic fantasy!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That one drives me out of my mind. Marsha Blackburn on Morning Joe, losing her mind over the minimum wage proposition and preschool! Her voice is annoying as hell, and the more nervous she gets, seems she has marbles in her mouth. Like Jesse Jackson!
Did you see W's self portraits yet?
Increasing the minimum wage during a depression with high unemployment is insanity.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
OMG, the tea party thinks Hillary has(dare i say it? oh yes i will!) a.....penis.
In one segment of the film, according to a former official who saw it,[executive vice president Adam] Brandon is seen waking from a nap at his desk. In what appears to be a dream or a nightmare, he wanders down a hallway and spots a giant panda on its knees with its head in the lap of a seated Hillary Clinton and apparently fellating the then-secretary of state.
http://theweek.com/article/index/240149/repor...
now either someone is just trying to be funny, or they let a CPAC virgin direct the video.
ok, someone please tell the virgin that he can't give women a bj.
Was it Reince Pubis? Debateable if he has one.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the state of Virginia's legislature would have needed to approve this as they were still considered to be a part of the United States regardless as to them seceding. If West Virginia had in fact remained the state of Virginia and the part that left deemed otherwise then you would have a case, this is not what happened. Fact is West Virginia was created from parts of another state without that state's approval rendering them Unconstitutional.
The state of West Virginia should never have been allowed under the Consitution unless Virginia was deemed to be no longer a part of the United States, which it never was.
It still seems there is a question about who was the legitimate representation of the state of Virginia in the federal republic.

Was the rebel legislature in Richmond the legitimate representation in the federal republic? Or, was the loyal legislature of what is now West Virginia that didn't rebel against the federal republic the legitimate representation of the state of Virginia in the federal republic?

Since the federal republic never acknowledged the secession of Virginia, it can only be assumed that the loyal legislature that didn't participate in the rebellion was the legitimate representation of the state of Virginia in the federal republic.

If the legislature that didn't rebel against the federal republic was the legitimate representation in the federal republic, then all the requirements of the Constitution were satisfied.

You're only argument against this has to be that the rebel legislature that rebelled against the federal republic and participated as a functioning element in a separate country in rebellion against the federal republic was still the legitimate representative legislature in that federal republic they declared to no longer be part of, and that federal republic never acknowledged their legitimate existence.

The only legislature the federal republic acknowledged as the legitimate representative of the state of Virginia was the legislature that remained loyal and did not establish itself as part of a different country.
It was that legitimate legislature that petitioned the federal republic to establish the state of West Virginia, in accordance with the Constitution.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
are you ever going to use an original phrase?
good for you it's the age of information?
Idiot is not what you do. It's who you are.
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Minimum Wage Would Be $21.72 If It Kept Pace With Increases In Productivity: Study
President Obama's call to increase the federal minimum wage to $9 an hour was one of the more significant proposals he laid out in his State of the Union address Tuesday night. But $9 an hour is still a far cry from what workers really deserve, a 2012 study finds.
The minimum wage should have reached $21.72 an hour in 2012 if it kept up with increases in worker productivity, according to a March study by the Center for Economic and Policy Research. While advancements in technology have increased the amount of goods and services that can be produced in a set amount of time, wages have remained relatively flat, the study points out.
Even if the minimum wage kept up with inflation since it peaked in real value in the late 1960s, low-wage workers should be earning a minimum of $10.52 an hour, according to the study.
The last time the federal minimum wage increased was in 2009. Currently observed in 31 states, the federal minimum wage translates to an annual income of about $15,000 a year for someone working 40 hours per week.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/13/mini...
Minimum wage is a joke. Any company that even pays someone at that rate should be embarrassed.

Dennis Miller: Here with an editorial on taxes and crime is SNL news correspondent, Chris Rock.
Chris Rock: Thank you, Dennis. Before I started comedy, I used to work at McDonald's making minimum wage. You know what that means when someone pays you minimum wage? You know what your boss was trying to say? It's like, "Hey if I could pay you less, I would, but it's against the law." Now minimum wage used to come up to about $200 a week and then they'd take out $50 in taxes. That's alot of money if you're only making $200 a week. That's kinda like kicking Monday and Tuesday in the ass. I hate taxes, I hate checks. I hate the fact that they put two amounts of money on your check. It's like: This is the money you worked all week for, and this is what you're gonna get. Don't tease me! Don't take off your bra and say: "Whatcha lookin' at?" I think taxes are the reason there's so much crime.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
are you ever going to use an original phrase?
good for you it's the age of information?
Would you prefer, "it's the culture"?(oh barf)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>That was harsh. We were all just having a bit of fun and you had to show up like a dark cloud at a picnic. Why are rightwingers so miserable?
He's trying to come out of the closet.

Happy Valentines Day! Will Chuck Hagel and John Brennan get confirmed?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Okay then let's talk about minimum wage. Do you believe if American companies had free will to do anything they wanted American workers would not become like the slaves they have in China at .30 cents an hour? America was grown out of the middle class worker. Those middle class jobs pay were union or based on union pay. Look at ANY chart out there showing the decline of average wages and it follows exactly along with the decline of unions. The US laws are the ONLY thing left standing between the companies and most workers in America making only $1.00 an hour.
No, I do not believe that. We have other laws besides the minimum wage laws that prevent that.
I acknowledge the benefit of unions prior to unions becoming what they are today.
Here's the fact:
A proficient worker can go from one company to another for better pay. The only worker that is confined to minimum wage is the worker that is so worthless no other company wants them.
A person should be paid what they are worth to the company that employs them. If they don't like it, go get more money elsewhere.
Or, that person has to admit they are useless and stays where they are, working for what they are worth.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Would you prefer, "it's the culture"?(oh barf)
pphhfftt

that went out with Mitt.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Minimum wage is a joke. Any company that even pays someone at that rate should be embarrassed.
Dennis Miller: Here with an editorial on taxes and crime is SNL news correspondent, Chris Rock.
Chris Rock: Thank you, Dennis. Before I started comedy, I used to work at McDonald's making minimum wage. You know what that means when someone pays you minimum wage? You know what your boss was trying to say? It's like, "Hey if I could pay you less, I would, but it's against the law." Now minimum wage used to come up to about $200 a week and then they'd take out $50 in taxes. That's alot of money if you're only making $200 a week. That's kinda like kicking Monday and Tuesday in the ass. I hate taxes, I hate checks. I hate the fact that they put two amounts of money on your check. It's like: This is the money you worked all week for, and this is what you're gonna get. Don't tease me! Don't take off your bra and say: "Whatcha lookin' at?" I think taxes are the reason there's so much crime.
Anyone worth more than minimum wage will soon be working for another company, anyway.
The only people complaining about minimum wage are those who aren't worth any more than that.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Minimum wage is a joke. Any company that even pays someone at that rate should be embarrassed.
Chris Rock is phenomenal, love him! He's right, if there was no minimum wage; employers would pay people $5.00 an hour, some Republican lawmakers have proposed such a measure, in Maine, for employees under 21
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

The Lynchian Panda-Clinton Oral Sex Video Produced by a Powerful Tea Party Group

FreedomWorks, the influential Tea Party political action committee, has fallen on hard times since its former chair Dick Armey staged a literal armed coup in an ultimately unsuccessful attempt to wrest control from president Matt Kibbe. It's a shame, too, because they were doing such good workólike making experimental films featuring a panda performing oral sex on Hillary Clinton!

http://gawker.com/5984234/the-lynchian-panda+...

the left wing blogs are having a bit of fun today.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Democrat FDR was a racist too.
yes he was

African Americans and the New Deal

Until the New Deal, blacks had shown their traditional loyalty to the party of Abraham Lincoln by voting overwhelmingly Republican. By the end of Roosevelt's first administration, however, one of the most dramatic voter shifts in American history had occurred. In 1936, some 75 percent of black voters supported the Democrats. Blacks turned to Roosevelt, in part, because his spending programs gave them a measure of relief from the Depression and, in part, because the GOP had done little to repay their earlier support.
Still, Roosevelt's record on civil rights was modest at best. Instead of using New Deal programs to promote civil rights, the administration consistently bowed to discrimination. In order to pass major New Deal legislation, Roosevelt needed the support of southern Democrats. Time and time again, he backed away from equal rights to avoid antagonizing southern whites; although, his wife, Eleanor, did take a public stand in support of civil rights.

Most New Deal programs discriminated against blacks. The NRA, for example, not only offered whites the first crack at jobs, but authorized separate and lower pay scales for blacks. The Federal Housing Authority (FHA) refused to guarantee mortgages for blacks who tried to buy in white neighborhoods, and the CCC maintained segregated camps. Furthermore, the Social Security Act excluded those job categories blacks traditionally filled.

http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/disp_textboo...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I do not believe that. We have other laws besides the minimum wage laws that prevent that.
I acknowledge the benefit of unions prior to unions becoming what they are today.
Here's the fact:
A proficient worker can go from one company to another for better pay. The only worker that is confined to minimum wage is the worker that is so worthless no other company wants them.
A person should be paid what they are worth to the company that employs them. If they don't like it, go get more money elsewhere.
Or, that person has to admit they are useless and stays where they are, working for what they are worth.
What is Svet worth at the garden center?
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It still seems there is a question about who was the legitimate representation of the state of Virginia in the federal republic.
Was the rebel legislature in Richmond the legitimate representation in the federal republic? Or, was the loyal legislature of what is now West Virginia that didn't rebel against the federal republic the legitimate representation of the state of Virginia in the federal republic?
Since the federal republic never acknowledged the secession of Virginia, it can only be assumed that the loyal legislature that didn't participate in the rebellion was the legitimate representation of the state of Virginia in the federal republic.
If the legislature that didn't rebel against the federal republic was the legitimate representation in the federal republic, then all the requirements of the Constitution were satisfied.
You're only argument against this has to be that the rebel legislature that rebelled against the federal republic and participated as a functioning element in a separate country in rebellion against the federal republic was still the legitimate representative legislature in that federal republic they declared to no longer be part of, and that federal republic never acknowledged their legitimate existence.
The only legislature the federal republic acknowledged as the legitimate representative of the state of Virginia was the legislature that remained loyal and did not establish itself as part of a different country.
It was that legitimate legislature that petitioned the federal republic to establish the state of West Virginia, in accordance with the Constitution.
There can be no new legislature as there was already an existing legislator of the state of Virginia, be it an absentia or whatever. You can only make that case if the state of Virginia no longer existed which they never did. Virginia was never considered to no longer be part of the United States. Following the very specific requirements of the Constitution West Virginia, as it was created from parts of another state without their approval, it should not have been allowed.

If the state of Virginia had been recognized as no longer being a part of the United States then the formation of the state of West Virginia would have been Constitutional.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>That was harsh. We were all just having a bit of fun and you had to show up like a dark cloud at a picnic. Why are rightwingers so miserable?
Harsh? I thought it was funnier than hell. Where's your sense of humor? Here we have an a**hole ruining the country and you get offended by a play on words.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Lynchian Panda-Clinton Oral Sex Video Produced by a Powerful Tea Party Group
FreedomWorks, the influential Tea Party political action committee, has fallen on hard times since its former chair Dick Armey staged a literal armed coup in an ultimately unsuccessful attempt to wrest control from president Matt Kibbe. It's a shame, too, because they were doing such good workólike making experimental films featuring a panda performing oral sex on Hillary Clinton!
http://gawker.com/5984234/the-lynchian-panda+...
the left wing blogs are having a bit of fun today.
sonicfilter has seen his shadow, so it's 6 more weeks of cut-n-paste too.
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone worth more than minimum wage will soon be working for another company, anyway.
The only people complaining about minimum wage are those who aren't worth any more than that.
I think $9 an hour is more than fair. Any company that won't pay at least that is a disgrace.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pompano Beach