Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,176)

Showing posts 783,501 - 783,520 of1,071,602
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>which branch of the media made it front page that Republicans were delaying voting on Sandy Relief Funds? but after the Republican controlled House passed it, the media was silent that it took the Senate two weeks to pass it?
do you think journalists might convert to unbiased reporting when their health insurance plans become subpar beginning in 2014?
or when their dog can get a hip replacement in less time than they can?
or when their kids graduate college with debt and there are still no jobs but plenty of "free" health insurance while they play Xbox?
So only then does a hypocrite like you really care. I suspect the Republicans as usual had attachments for the rich in there, so we had to sort all of their fat out of the bill.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are looking for a cure for your stupid, nice try. Americans know which party has the gun nuts.
Being true to yourself is better than being a liar you idiot, just to impress everyone.

LOL.. You're alone, but happy you moron...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
In other news Chrysler reports 4th quarter earnings of $1.7 billion the company's best performance since the bailout.
Also__there's a chance that the DOW could bust 14,000 this afternoon. Some analysts predict 15,500 by mid summer when the run will level off.
Chrysler is owned by who? Fiat? I believe they are an Italian company? Better hope Ben says he is going to keep printing money this afternoon if you want that to happen. If he says the printing presses are being turned off watch for a major slide.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And as usual Flacko wasn't paying attention to the details. Consumer spending was up 2.2% during Q4__the overall contraction of 0.1% was caused by a reduction in government spending and specifically military spending.
lol, How convenient.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Erick Erickson....

I Don’t Like Marco Rubio’s Plan

On the specific plan, for lack of legislation, it is clearly written by a group of men who seemingly love government, but do not love free markets, small businesses, or individuals. It is a plan based on faith in government, not free enterprise or the American people.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/01/29/i-dont-lik...

yes, he's talking about republicans.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i would think waffling is a bit different than lying.
interesting, "lying" if its Republicans

but if Dems aren't passing legislation right away, then its "waffling," which is just such a cute term.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Chrysler is owned by who? Fiat? I believe they are an Italian company? Better hope Ben says he is going to keep printing money this afternoon if you want that to happen. If he says the printing presses are being turned off watch for a major slide.
Is there anything that can lift up from that gloom and doom world that you reside in? Of course other than that inebriated state that you constantly enjoy?
TheOracle

Lake Mary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

obama is a plague on America,he is part of the punishment for the sin that characterizes this society,America is past the point of no return and is on her deathbed,this country will not survive the next four years.....here will be war,disease,economic disaster,rampant crimes against humanity,roving serial killers and total lawlessness,A nightmare in which millions will perish.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you forgot to note the unpopularity of stated republican policies.
you wingnuts always leave that out of your excuse meme.
Obama and the Dems have us on the path to becoming New Greece. the unintended consequences of a whole country being supported by a redistributionist government:

'ATHENS, Greece -- Fireplaces were long a status symbol for Greece's up-and-coming middle class, like the second car and the flat-screen TV. Now, they are increasingly their owners' only defense against the encroaching winter cold.

A steep increase in heating costs has led many Greeks to switch from heating oil to wood-burning. But the price of using cheaper fuel is growing.

Illegal loggers are slashing through forests already devastated by years of summer wildfires. Air pollution from wood smoke is choking the country's main cities. And there has been an increase in blazes caused by carelessly attended woodstoves.

(Three children died in a northern village last month when a fire gutted the home of their grandparents, who had recently changed from oil-fueled central heating to a wooden stove to save money.

In Athens, the capital, officials have warned of severe health risks from the low-lying smog that smothers the city at night, when fireplaces and woodstoves burn at full blast in poorly insulated homes. Greece's leading medical association is demanding urgent action to clean the air. But those warnings have largely been ignored for a simple reason: Burning wood provides the same warmth as heating oil, for roughly half the cost.

For the past three years, the country has been wracked by its worst financial crisis since the end of World War II. LIVING STANDARDS HAVE PLUMMETED, PENSIONS HAVE BEEN SLASHED AND A QUARTER OF THE WORKFORCE IS UNEMPLOYED, FOLLOWING DEEPLY RESENTED CUTBACKS DEMANDED IN RETURN FOR INTERNATIONAL BAILOUTS SHIELDING GREECE FROM TOTAL RUIN.

The heating crisis was triggered by taxation changes, and made desperate by financial woes. For years, fuel for vehicles was taxed more heavily than heating oil. That encouraged crooked traders to sell heating fuel for use in vehicles and pocket the difference.

Hoping to boost faltering revenues and foil tax fraud, the government this year harmonized taxes on vehicle fuel and heating oil, which now costs about 40 percent more than last winter, although lower-income residents of colder areas get a rebate.

Critics say the move backfired due to a drastic decline in sales.
"The fact that the price of petrol has greatly increased, while incomes are shrinking to an unbearable extent, creates a vast problem with heating in Greece," said lawmaker Thomas Psyrras from the Democratic Left party - a junior partner in Greece's conservative-led coalition government. "People who live abroad imagine that we have sunshine all year round, but that's not the case."

Temperatures have dropped below freezing in much of the country this winter, while snow fell in central Athens this month.
STRATOS PARADIAS, HEAD OF THE HELLENIC PROPERTY FEDERATION THAT REPRESENTS PROPERTY OWNERS, SAYS MANY CITY DWELLERS HAVE BEEN LEFT WITHOUT ANY CENTRAL HEATING. "THERE ARE SOME WHO ARE COMPLETELY UNABLE TO PAY THE COSTS DUE TO THE CRISIS," HE SAID.

BUT EVEN THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD OIL, OR THE SLIGHTLY CHEAPER NATURAL GAS, CAN BE LEFT SHIVERING, DUE TO THE COMMUNAL NATURE OF EACH APARTMENT BLOCK'S CENTRAL HEATING. IT MEANS THAT IF ENOUGH OWNERS WANT TO GO WITHOUT, THEIR DECISION IS BINDING FOR ALL RESIDENTS.
While electric heating is another option, most consumers perceive wood as cheaper - especially since household power bills are set to increase about 10 percent this year.

It's hard to estimate how many people have abandoned heating oil for wood. Distributors say sales of heating oil are nearly 80 percent down this winter, and new firewood yards have mushroomed all over Athens.

http://www.weather.com/health/airquality/gree...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Being true to yourself is better than being a liar you idiot, just to impress everyone.
LOL.. You're alone, but happy you moron...
Idiots like you only wish others were as miserable as you are. I love my life and have been very blessed, and it pains morons like you that there are those like me, Liberals by definition along are far better of emotionally and accepted in society. I'm treated with respect every where I go by both parties...So suck on that GOOBER.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting, "lying" if its Republicans
but if Dems aren't passing legislation right away, then its "waffling," which is just such a cute term.
Of course none of that registered while the Republicans were....well being republicans.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Erick Erickson....
I Don’t Like Marco Rubio’s Plan
On the specific plan, for lack of legislation, it is clearly written by a group of men who seemingly love government, but do not love free markets, small businesses, or individuals. It is a plan based on faith in government, not free enterprise or the American people.
yes, he's talking about republicans.
I love listening to lies when when know the truth.
Fake Author

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiots like you only wish others were as miserable as you are. I love my life and have been very blessed, and it pains morons like you that there are those like me, Liberals by definition along are far better of emotionally and accepted in society. I'm treated with respect every where I go by both parties...So suck on that GOOBER.
Unfortunately, no "book" parties...LOL
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>he was re-elected because he is culturally popular and good at vilifying those who disagree with his leftist views and harmful policies.
Obama's popularity and his vilifying class warfare, is similar to
Hitler's popularity and his scapegoating of the Jews.
Hitler was only popular among the rabid right and their hatred of the Jews, liberals, etc. Amongst the general population he never got more than 38% of the vote.
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Serving in the military isn't a job crackerhead, it's a priveledge and an honor. But i'm sure you wouldn't know. By the way we had far more than that wounded and killed in Iraq and Aftganistan....YOUR LYING WAR, IDIOT. But that was ok by you. Now we are busy cleaning up your many messes, and suddenly all you morons on the right have Morals, convictions and amnesia.
We have something you liberals don' t have...

Ethics...

As for your service in the Army.....your behaviour in here warrants BIG DOUBTS to whether you were a .....Captain....i knew many Commissioned men and women and you do not exhibit the qualities or possess the character of any of them....in any branch...
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And as usual Flacko wasn't paying attention to the details. Consumer spending was up 2.2% during Q4__the overall contraction of 0.1% was caused by a reduction in government spending and specifically military spending.
So Flackstredomus bitching because gov't spending went down?
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Chrysler is owned by who? Fiat? I believe they are an Italian company? Better hope Ben says he is going to keep printing money this afternoon if you want that to happen. If he says the printing presses are being turned off watch for a major slide.
Excuse me here,

Kindly remind dumDave how evil it was/is when Rmoney/d cheney made mucho da Nero in the stock market....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it that none of the disturbed and hate-filled people, who steal guns, then go and kill movie-goers and children in schools, has never been identified as a conservative, independent or a NRA member?
-
Ft. Hood~~~ Registered Democrat ~ Muslim
-
Columbine ~~~ Too young to vote; both families were registered Democrats and progressive liberals
-
Virginia Tech ~~~ Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff ~ Registered Democrat
-
Colorado Theater ~~~ Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; liberal
-
Connecticut School Shooter-~~~ Registered Democrat; hated Christians; liberal
-
Common thread - all of these idiots were Democrats.
-
Maddness in America? Ban guns?? Blame and treat the symptom not the cause... idiot liberals
Well lQQkie here, Floriduh pops back up and from Lakeland again.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Somtimes you have to shut up, swallow your pride and accept that you're wrong dumbazz. It's not giving up. It's called growing up moron.

Why is it that none of the disturbed and hate-filled liberals, who steal guns, then go and kill movie-goers and children in schools, has never been identified as a conservative, independent or a NRA member?

AND... Before you judge me.. Make sure that you're perfect moron...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>I love listening to lies when when know the truth.
the Rubio plan....

The first policy fiction is a secure border. The White House will claim the border is secure. The Republicans will claim it is not. The border will never be made impenetrable and we will proceed down this distracting, argumentative line to no end.

The second policy fiction is premised on the “jobs Americans won’t do” which is more accurately described as “jobs Americans won’t do at that price point.” Employers must prove that no American could be found to do the job the illegal alien would otherwise do. This is impossible, absurd, and turns employers to liars in the pursuit of running their business. The aggrieved can turn on the employers and potentially cost them all sorts of civil and criminal penalties.

The most significant policy fiction is premised on the idea of reform. The plan does nothing to address the black market for unskilled, low cost migrant work. It does nothing to deal with the long delays in the present immigration system. It does nothing to actually solve our immigration problems, but hides behind the construct of “comprehensive” reform. Along the way, it potentially adds more people to already overwhelmed entitlement programs, but then that too is another kicked can.

The desire to “just do something” overwhelms Washington too much. This immigration plan gives orgasmic relief to that desire, but in all the hype and show does nothing to address the real needs of employers and the hopes and dreams of those still longing to come to United States whose wait will now most likely be extended and grow even more complex.

Immigration is an issue that keeps hispanic voters from trusting the GOP. Many call it a “gateway” issue. I get that. But pandering in the name of a solution does not actually fix the problem. This is just another policy debate the Democrats can use to get the GOP to fight itself. The GOP should pivot to actually fixing the immigration problem, not just addressing the here and now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 783,501 - 783,520 of1,071,602
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pompano Beach Forum right now

Search the Pompano Beach Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 min cpeter1313 304,890
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Lord Hater 45,437
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 68,123
Boca Raton Music Thread (Oct '13) 1 hr Musikologist 4
CIA Intel Filed With CIA Over Claimed Cop Corru... 4 hr Mr_StLouis 1
Review: Dixie Cycle (Jun '09) 7 hr Coop From Dixie Cycle 7
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 8 hr RetiredProfessional 96,279
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••