Tamarac woman, 19, slain, autopsy con...

Tamarac woman, 19, slain, autopsy confirms

There are 49 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 27, 2007, titled Tamarac woman, 19, slain, autopsy confirms. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Tamarac Too tortured to speak, Sanya Stewart cried and groaned as she stopped cars entering her Shaker Village neighborhood Tuesday evening to hand out police fliers with her daughter's face on them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mr Sparkle

Ashiharacho, Japan

#1 Jun 27, 2007
Sounds like her family loves her. If this article is well researched, I feel a huge amount of sadness. From the looks/sound of the article this was a young women trying to achieve greatness. If indeed all the above is true the "Crime Stoppers" amount of $1000 is way low.
To the Sun Sentinel editor writer, what the heck does the first part of this article mean?
"Tamarac Too tortured to speak,"
Is Tamarac a person? Does "Too" need to be capitalized?
Kay

Pleasantville, NJ

#2 Jun 27, 2007
I am Peta-Gay's first cousin. When I first heard the news, it was unbeleivable. I have no idea, why anyone would want to kill my little cousin and run like a punk. This girl did absolutely nothing to harm any one, and that's why our minds are still puzzled. Her graduation/birthday was right around the corner, she had so much more to live for. WHY?!!? What did she do to deserve this? Crime Stoppers, my cousin is worth more than just $1000.
xxLeighxx

New York, NY

#3 Jun 27, 2007
This is really sad. I hope they find who killed her...
So sorry

Hollywood, FL

#4 Jun 27, 2007
about your loss. And our loss as a community. It is every mothers worst nightmare. I surely held my children very close last night. I tell them I love them every day. I worry about them even moreso. May Peta-Gay rest in peace. And may her cowardly murderer(s) be found quickly. Kay you and your family are in my prayers.
Sincerely
Lynn

United States

#5 Jun 27, 2007
I think some criminals look at people who have made it or who are in the process of making it, like this sweet innocent girl was, and their jelousy overtakes them.

Perhaps they can't reconcile their own weaknesses and personal failures. They see someone good who is on their way, and...I don't know...

What a tragedy. I think of all the good that this girl has done and might have done.
joe bagadonuts

Miami, FL

#6 Jun 27, 2007
OUR PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE FAMILY.
lost of words

Tallahassee, FL

#7 Jun 27, 2007
It's so sad, why do they take away someone's life, a beautiful striving young lady, they take lives like it's just spitting on the ground it's terrible.rest in peace young lady. my prayers to the family.
LADY LOUIS

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Jun 27, 2007
Kay wrote:
I am Peta-Gay's first cousin. When I first heard the news, it was unbeleivable. I have no idea, why anyone would want to kill my little cousin and run like a punk. This girl did absolutely nothing to harm any one, and that's why our minds are still puzzled. Her graduation/birthday was right around the corner, she had so much more to live for. WHY?!!? What did she do to deserve this? Crime Stoppers, my cousin is worth more than just $1000.
I am terribly sorry for your lost, I cannot begin to imagine what it feels like to just lose someone and be left in the dark as to why. I lost two of my older brothers but I knew the reason why, I use to go to Piper and when I saw her picture she looked so familiar, but this is sad.And no amount of money offered will ever be enough to bring her back, R.I.P!
Girl from Sunrise

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Jun 27, 2007
I also pray for the murderer to be caught and punished. I am very sorry for the girl and her family and friends.
Rosie

Newport News, VA

#11 Jun 27, 2007
I am so sorry for your lost. I have daughter's of my own, and i couldn't begin to think how I would feel if some one took their life so quickly without a reason why.Who are we to take a person's life when God has given it to us. Don't think He isn't watching all that we do.For sure and no doubt He is.To the family I pray that you find peace in your spirits,in your souls and in your minds, this is such a hard pill to swallow.God bless you all. The Mathis Family
PLEASEDONTHATE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Jun 27, 2007
SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING. THIS IS TO STRANGE, AND SAD
Muderers are cowards

United States

#13 Jun 27, 2007
Kay wrote:
It usually starts this way, and then the reward goes up. Sorry for your loss.
XXX

Hollywood, FL

#14 Jun 27, 2007
It's a shame she's dead, but I bet the farm that her mother knows something about the killer. Like a boyfriend or something. People don't "just get killed." Ninety-nine percent of the time there is a reason and a lot of emotion involved.
call

Boca Raton, FL

#15 Jun 27, 2007
Kay wrote:
crime stoppers can only offer $1000 onles money is donated from outside the program
Sweetness

United States

#16 Jun 27, 2007
Lord have Mercy on this family in theri time of grieving.

Killer, who may be known of by the family, please turn yourslef in. You know who you are.

Reading this article, it has to be someone she knew. It has to be.

Keep praying family, keep praying.

“Mr Tyzik is crushing your head”

Since: Dec 06

Wherever I kick my shoes off

#17 Jun 27, 2007
Mr Sparkle wrote:
Sounds like her family loves her. If this article is well researched, I feel a huge amount of sadness. From the looks/sound of the article this was a young women trying to achieve greatness. If indeed all the above is true the "Crime Stoppers" amount of $1000 is way low.
To the Sun Sentinel editor writer, what the heck does the first part of this article mean?
"Tamarac Too tortured to speak,"
Is Tamarac a person? Does "Too" need to be capitalized?
LOL! They forgot the hyphen between the city where it happened and the first word of the story. I had to read it twice TOO. haha.

Ok, all joking aside. This is a sad story and I hope they find the scumbags that did this. It is one thing to have gang members killing each other, but someone who was just a regular girl, on her way into her career and adulthood just makes me sick! I would like to keep the good ones around.

“Mr Tyzik is crushing your head”

Since: Dec 06

Wherever I kick my shoes off

#18 Jun 27, 2007
XXX wrote:
It's a shame she's dead, but I bet the farm that her mother knows something about the killer. Like a boyfriend or something. People don't "just get killed." Ninety-nine percent of the time there is a reason and a lot of emotion involved.
I would think 100% of the time there is a reason someone is killed. It is not necessarily someone who knows the person. That is usually involved with molestors (most know their victims). Let's wait and see before immediately accusing the mother of knowing something. She just lost her daughter and as far as we know, it is still unknown to whom and how.
PLEASEDONTHATE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Jun 27, 2007
this is so sad
concern

Madison, WI

#20 Jun 27, 2007
I,m sorry for your loss may God give you strenght to go on.I,m praying whoever did this is caught asap and I,m trusting in the Lord he will be.may God keep you and your family in his precious hand.
Taija

AOL

#21 Jun 27, 2007
I am a friend of Peta-Gay Anderson, it's so sad to see somone who was so loving and caring go in such a horrible way.I hope and pray they catch her killer, or the killer's conscience eats them alive, to where they confess!

I love you CHI-CHI
R.I.P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,277,220
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 54,551
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr Cheftell 70,160
Wife doesnt work, no children also. Should she ... 23 hr deadline527 1
Derrick Jones former wave 3 anchor from louisvi... (Aug '13) 23 hr Mike 20
News Gay teens rejected by their families often face... (Feb '07) Tue L Christophe 162
News Remnants of Erika: South Florida remains under ... Mon Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages