Subway restaurant worker tells how ex...

Subway restaurant worker tells how ex-Marine foiled robbery by ...

There are 181 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 29, 2007, titled Subway restaurant worker tells how ex-Marine foiled robbery by .... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Plantation Andres Ramirez remembers lying prone on the cold floor behind the sandwich counter, listening to the horrific sounds of a violent struggle he could not see.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Gabby Jim

Joplin, MO

#207 May 5, 2013
This wonderful story is Old News, to be sure - but few people that I read got to the root of the problem. TNL, Rosa! Rosa and the families of these would-be thugs are the real criminals.- It is criminal that they didn't teach their spawn to respect the rights and property of others. In a really just world, the parents would have been charged with the murder and attempted murder of the two thugs.(Utah actually charges the parents for the misdeeds of their minor children!) Now, some might say (as I have myself - when one of my children started going sideways)- some might say the parents might not have been able to control their kids. Well, let me tell you how it works - when my eldest, "R", started going sideways (at about 13 years of age)- I took the child to the Department of Child Welfare Services, along with a grocery bag of the child's favorite clothes. I marched "R" into their offices and said, "Here! YOU teach this kid respect and obedience!" and headed for the door. The DCWS worker said, "Hey! You can't do that!" To which I replied, "If you can take the kid away because you don't like my form of discipline, You can jolly well take over and teach the kid yourself!" Talk about a change of attitude. The worker suddenly realized that I COULD dump the kid on her, and became reasonable. Asked me to wait while she talked to "R" -- I gave her ten minutes while I waited outside. As I was about to drive off, the worker came out with a tear stained "R" in tow - Tough Love Works. In fear of winding up in "juvie" - "R" became a model child for over a year, where upon a refresher course at DCWS was a cure until "R" reached 18 and left home. Today, "R" is over 40 year old, has raised three kids, and a bastard grandchild, and none of them has ever been in trouble with the law. Indeed, my grandson is a man - and a father - to be admired and respected! Bad kids are the result of bad parents! My grandmother once told me, when children go bad, it's the parent's fault. When the children turn out good, the parents were just lucky! All ten of my children turned out pretty darned good - some of them still hate my guts, but they turned out OK.(I note that those who have raised difficult children themselves now treat me with more respect!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min No Surprize 1,496,386
Florida east coast again screws up Fort Lauderd... 1 hr Annoyed N Exasper... 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Truth is might 313,350
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 8 hr zazz 98,342
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 hr Ize Found 71,374
News Name of 27-year-old found dead released (Feb '07) Thu Jeanysa 111
Review: I Love Kickboxing (Jun '16) Feb 16 Anonymous 60

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages