Subway restaurant worker tells how ex...

Subway restaurant worker tells how ex-Marine foiled robbery by ...

There are 181 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 29, 2007, titled Subway restaurant worker tells how ex-Marine foiled robbery by .... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Plantation Andres Ramirez remembers lying prone on the cold floor behind the sandwich counter, listening to the horrific sounds of a violent struggle he could not see.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
sashana

Hollywood, FL

#1 Jun 30, 2007
it feels good to know that their are still persons out there who are willing to risk their lives to save others. i am happy he shot the robbers, let that be a lesson to all those people who dont believe that they should work 40hrs per week
Broward Resident

AOL

#2 Jun 30, 2007
1 up for the public .. 2 down for the thugs !
Lets keep the role going

“Liberals = Hippies”

Since: Dec 06

Osaka, Japan

#4 Jun 30, 2007
CARLOS wrote:
hope the other one dies
Me too can't someone who works at the hospital give him some type of infection. This part of the article intrests me.
"On Friday, police announced that detectives are investigating whether Arrindell and Gadson are suspects in similar holdups in Broward and Palm Beach counties. They are reviewing the restaurant surveillance tape for clues."
I really wonder if these guys are the ones that shot the Chinese Restaraunt owner a few weeks ago. The M.O just seems the same to me. It couldn't be them because Gason grandmother already said that he was a "good boy"
Sue

Worcester, MA

#5 Jun 30, 2007
This guy needs a medal. He probably saved himself, the Subway worker and other unforseen victims at the follow on robberies. Too bad one of them is busy using up taxpayer money at the hospital.

This is a very nice family oriented area. It seems the trouble spills over from the area to the north. It comes down the road along Pine Island and University Dr.
everynamesanalia s

Covington, LA

#6 Jun 30, 2007
Give this Marine the Crime Fighter of the Year award for Broward County.
Expert Marksman

Miami, FL

#7 Jun 30, 2007
Dammed Good Shot, Marine! Hooah!

Kill that scumbag sonovabich!

Das whatchu git, Mo-Moneyhead dirtbag!!!

I can't even describe how happy I am that these two scums got bullets in they're azzes! AWESOME!
Cop

Powder Springs, GA

#9 Jun 30, 2007
The dead guys mom is trying to figure out how this could happen. Hmmm this is not to hard to figure out. Lack of morals ! Thug attitude. Unwillingness to get a real job. They then go rob a store and an elderly man. Even after getting the money they wanted to harm the victim. The dead guy and his friend caused all of this. Good job marine, you did not deserve to have a gun pointed at you after all you have done for this country. Good bless and keep safe. I go to that same subway sometimes with my children it could have been me or my kids having a gun pointed at him. I will no carry my weapon were every I go from no on.
bobby-g

Hollywood, FL

#10 Jun 30, 2007
Too bad only one thug bought the dirt blanket. The hero shooter deserves an ammunition up-grade. Try hollow-points next time!.
Audio

Jupiter, FL

#11 Jun 30, 2007
former Marine John Lovell, AN AMERICAN HERO....THANKS FOR YOUR GOOD SHOOTING AND RIDING ANOTHER S C U M B A G OFF THE STREETS.
deputy dawg

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Jun 30, 2007
I am hosting a party in Mr. Lovell's behalf tonight. It's about time the good guys win. The only drawback was that only one body bag was needed instead of two. As for the ignorant parents and friends of these dirtbags, at what time do they consider people to be dishonest and criminal? All you ever hear is that " they were good boys"! BULL****! Semper Fi Mr. Lovell!!!
Fred Holmes

Wiscasset, ME

#13 Jun 30, 2007
I noticed on the Channel 10 ABC web site that the grandmomma of the survivor (unfortunately), Rotund Rosa Jones made the ignorant remark "He should not have taken the law in his hands." referring to the actions of Mr. John Lovell.
Well Rosa, mayhaps you should read the comments of the Sun Sentinel readers, who, to the tune of approximately 99%, lauded Mr. Lovell for his actions. He is to be congratulated for his heroism, and for doing exactly what I would have done in the same situation. Only I would hope that I would have killed both bad guys.
Rat

Hollywood, FL

#14 Jun 30, 2007
Fred Holmes wrote:
I noticed on the Channel 10 ABC web site that the grandmomma of the survivor (unfortunately), Rotund Rosa Jones made the ignorant remark "He should not have taken the law in his hands." referring to the actions of Mr. John Lovell.
Well Rosa, if you had done more to keep your grand kid in school instead of him dropping out like a failure, he would have gotten an education and got a real job.
Cop

Powder Springs, GA

#15 Jun 30, 2007
Its interesting that only grandma and grandpa are speaking about their wonder god grandthug. Were is mom or the baby daddy
Cop

Powder Springs, GA

#16 Jun 30, 2007
Mr Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too can't someone who works at the hospital give him some type of infection. This part of the article intrests me.
"On Friday, police announced that detectives are investigating whether Arrindell and Gadson are suspects in similar holdups in Broward and Palm Beach counties. They are reviewing the restaurant surveillance tape for clues."
I really wonder if these guys are the ones that shot the Chinese Restaraunt owner a few weeks ago. The M.O just seems the same to me. It couldn't be them because Gason grandmother already said that he was a "good boy"
As a veteran cop I would say it would be worth a look. Normal thugs that committ armed robberies have done numerous other crimes before they advanced to violent crimes. I bet the so called good boy has done a lot but never got caught. But now we will never no because he is probably burning in hell. Oh what a pity !
Cop

Powder Springs, GA

#17 Jun 30, 2007
Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Rosa, if you had done more to keep your grand kid in school instead of him dropping out like a failure, he would have gotten an education and got a real job.
Why get a real job when you can rob from those who have a job? Something I think every honest person should be forced to do. Take a tour of a black community. Its a scene from a movie. Numerous african americas just hanging out all day and all night with not thing to do but just chill. Why doesn't that happen in other communities ? Oh I know others are willing to work for the things they need and want !
Krissy

Deerfield Beach, FL

#18 Jun 30, 2007
You are a hero Mr. Lovell!
bill

Boca Raton, FL

#21 Jun 30, 2007
Grandma should go to jail for being so dumb. We should look to see if the kid had any siblings or cousins, as I'm sure they are "good kids" too.
Thank you, mr. lovell! Now get to the range to practice head shots so next time no one walks away.
MMM

Powder Springs, GA

#22 Jun 30, 2007
Its always great to hear when a victim "utilizes" the law in his own hands. Granny better learn the law. And where is her moral compass when she goes to church every Sunday to praise Jesus, and yet can condone this type of bahavior from her "good" boys. What this boils down to is an ignorant, poorly educated person. And is this supposed to suprise us? She needs a reality check. Next time one of your "good" boys comes to rob someone, lookout, you will be for sure preparing another funeral.
BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#23 Jun 30, 2007
Hip Hip Hooray for Mr. Lovell and now Mr. Gadson has plenty of time to make new friends in the prison system. Hopefully his new buddies will use lubricant then a shank.
Two Lifetime Felons OVER

Miami, FL

#24 Jun 30, 2007
Expert Marksman wrote:
Dammed Good Shot, Marine! Hooah!
Kill that scumbag sonovabich!
Das whatchu git, Mo-Moneyhead dirtbag!!!
I can't even describe how happy I am that these two scums got bullets in they're azzes! AWESOME!
Great shots! Judgement Day!

2 NO VALUE TO SOCIETY lifetime criminals OFF the street. Boogie Criminals destined for PRISON.

No STATE wants them around.
SMOKE those little dirtbags!
BULLDOZE those Crack Hoods they live in. Clear the little Felons OUT!
Saves Taxpayer Money. Good Riddance.

Get the BSO SWAT Team Truckloads of Ammo. Sharpshooter smoking the NO VALUE TO SOCIETY gun toting Felons!
JUDGEMENT DAY!

Great shot Mr. Lovell
Marines are ALWAYS on Patrol!

Mr. Lovell is a State and National HERO.

Keep SMOKING those South Florida lifetime
Boogie Felons. SMOKE EM!
Saves Taxpayer Money!

Use the SWAT Team Sharpshooters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RealDave 1,420,070
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cheffie 70,973
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr zazz 98,174
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Actual Science 61,074
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 19 hr ThomasA 311,628
News Obama founder of ISIS, says Trump Aug 24 WasteWater 82
Review: I Love Kickboxing Aug 21 Charlie 35

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages