Lauderdale-by-the-Sea: Portal to the ...

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea: Portal to the beach to receive an upgrad...

There are 42359 comments on the SouthFlorida.com story from Jul 13, 2007, titled Lauderdale-by-the-Sea: Portal to the beach to receive an upgrad.... In it, SouthFlorida.com reports that:

The city's portal to the beach is slated to be revamped as part of a beautification project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthFlorida.com.

Voters in 2014 Are Smart

Ann Arbor, MI

#42558 Mar 12, 2014
The only reason it was not a mandate was Yankwitt- already trying to revise that smut and dirt with no facts are the pre- 2010 gang - it's time to realize old LBTS from Pine to Palm is no longer Geesey- Furth- Sehl territory. First order of business - find a real town historian not one who writes smut online - one that realizes that it's 2014 and not 2000 before the north side of town was annexed in! "Still some division" was acknowledging the campaign Sokolow, a man with a great track record and resume both professionally and volunteering for his community had to deal with from the likes of the CIC-Clottey &Tera Mar stragglers (Fleishman & wife ) & Skyler in Silver Shores - a motley crew whose new BFFs now needs deal with a third loss in a row! Fights- setting up for election ... that's a joke - just put Skyler and Sehl together and no one would believe that they were not instigators! Now for a smut response from "Hialeah" no doubt ... who may want to get his election receipts- bills in order asap!.. Candidate Finance Reports are not kosher!...
arthur

Deerfield Beach, FL

#42559 Mar 12, 2014
Voters in 2014 Are Smart wrote:
The only reason it was not a mandate was Yankwitt- already trying to revise that smut and dirt with no facts are the pre- 2010 gang - it's time to realize old LBTS from Pine to Palm is no longer Geesey- Furth- Sehl territory. First order of business - find a real town historian not one who writes smut online - one that realizes that it's 2014 and not 2000 before the north side of town was annexed in! "Still some division" was acknowledging the campaign Sokolow, a man with a great track record and resume both professionally and volunteering for his community had to deal with from the likes of the CIC-Clottey &Tera Mar stragglers (Fleishman & wife ) & Skyler in Silver Shores - a motley crew whose new BFFs now needs deal with a third loss in a row! Fights- setting up for election ... that's a joke - just put Skyler and Sehl together and no one would believe that they were not instigators! Now for a smut response from "Hialeah" no doubt ... who may want to get his election receipts- bills in order asap!.. Candidate Finance Reports are not kosher!...
For the winning side the lady doth protest too much, methinks.:-)
Agree

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42560 Mar 12, 2014
arthur wrote:
<quoted text>
For the winning side the lady doth protest too much, methinks.:-)
Hialeah do you have a good joke of the day?
Mokyor

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42562 Mar 12, 2014
arthur wrote:
<quoted text>
For the winning side the lady doth protest too much, methinks.:-)
Me thinks what next?

This commission should be a cake walk compared to the last 10 years or so.
Unless we annex Sea Ranch Lakes?( Dont see that happening, but why not?A win win for both.)
What projects are on the drawing board?
What is there to do besides the day to day things?
Fixing up ElMar Drive should be discussed, but will it?
Plant

Pompano Beach, FL

#42563 Mar 12, 2014
I'm convinced Eric was planted to take votes from Clottey.. No effort on absentees? Despite him knowing about mailers ahead of time???? Then last min campaigning? Smells of conspiracy..
Babs

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42564 Mar 12, 2014
Richard Franklin Lennox Thomas Pryor was an American stand-up comedian, actor, film director, social critic, satirist, writer, and MC. Pryor was known for uncompromising examinations of racism and topical contemporary issues, which employed colorful vulgarities, and profanity, as well as racial epithets. He reached a broad audience with his trenchant observations and storytelling style. He is widely regarded as one of the most important and influential stand-up comedians of all time: Jerry Seinfeld called Pryor "The Picasso of our profession"; Bob Newhart has called Pryor "the seminal comedian of the last 50 years." This legacy can be attributed, in part, to the unusual degree of intimacy Pryor brought to bear on his comedy. As Bill Cosby reportedly once said, "Richard Pryor drew the line between comedy and tragedy as thin as one could possibly paint it."
Voters in 2014 Are Smart

Ann Arbor, MI

#42565 Mar 12, 2014
Hialeah forgets the other side of Richard Pryor -
Richard Pryor had a history both bizarre and grim, including a heart attack (1990) and marathon drug and alcohol use (that he finally kicked in the 1990s). But nothing ever topped his infamous 1980 incident in which he set himself on fire and ran down the street of his L.A. neighborhood.

The rumors were that the comedian accidentally caused the blaze while freebasing cocaine. Pryor finally revealed the truth in his autobiography, "Pryor Convictions and Other Life Sentences," co-written with Todd Gold: "After freebasing without interruption for several days in a row, I wasn't able to discern one from the next.... Imagining relief was nearby, I reached for the cognac bottle on the table in front of me and poured it all over me. Real natural. Methodical.... I picked up my lighter.... I was engulfed in flame. I was in a place that wasn't heaven or earth. I must've gone into shock, because I didn't feel anything."
Babs

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42566 Mar 12, 2014
Now that you have proved you know him, you also should state the words he used that help made him famous.

Sitting in back seats should have given you ample potty mouth with Jerry.
Voters in 2014 Are Smart wrote:
Hialeah forgets the other side of Richard Pryor -
Richard Pryor had a history both bizarre and grim, including a heart attack (1990) and marathon drug and alcohol use (that he finally kicked in the 1990s). But nothing ever topped his infamous 1980 incident in which he set himself on fire and ran down the street of his L.A. neighborhood.
The rumors were that the comedian accidentally caused the blaze while freebasing cocaine. Pryor finally revealed the truth in his autobiography, "Pryor Convictions and Other Life Sentences," co-written with Todd Gold: "After freebasing without interruption for several days in a row, I wasn't able to discern one from the next.... Imagining relief was nearby, I reached for the cognac bottle on the table in front of me and poured it all over me. Real natural. Methodical.... I picked up my lighter.... I was engulfed in flame. I was in a place that wasn't heaven or earth. I must've gone into shock, because I didn't feel anything."
Voters in 2014 Are Smart

Ann Arbor, MI

#42567 Mar 12, 2014
4-0 Finis
Not True

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42568 Mar 12, 2014
Plant wrote:
I'm convinced Eric was planted to take votes from Clottey.. No effort on absentees? Despite him knowing about mailers ahead of time???? Then last min campaigning? Smells of conspiracy..
Sounds fun, but what really happed is Eric wanted to run for a some time and Clottey only deside to run at the last minute due to alot of people coming up to her and asking her to run.
It was dam close.
Would Eric win if Clottey did not run? Dont think so.
Would Clottey win if Eric didint run? Think so.
But never know. What happened did and the town will move on no matter what we think.
Just gotta pay attention to what they are going to do before they take the final vote on it.
Babs - Collusion

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42569 Mar 12, 2014
Sound familiar lot of residents will be hearing and reading about elected officials in the near future.

Collusion occurs when two persons or representatives of an entity or organization make an agreement to deceive or mislead another. Such agreements are usually secretive, and involve fraud or gaining an unfair advantage over a third party, competitors, consumers or others with whom they are negotiating. The collusion, therefore, makes the bargaining process inherently unfair. Collusion can involve price or wage fixing, kickbacks, or misrepresenting the independence of the relationship between the colluding parties.
Babs - Collusion

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42570 Mar 12, 2014
PS Bank executives as you well know frown on such practices by its employees!
Babs - Collusion wrote:
Sound familiar lot of residents will be hearing and reading about elected officials in the near future.
Collusion occurs when two persons or representatives of an entity or organization make an agreement to deceive or mislead another. Such agreements are usually secretive, and involve fraud or gaining an unfair advantage over a third party, competitors, consumers or others with whom they are negotiating. The collusion, therefore, makes the bargaining process inherently unfair. Collusion can involve price or wage fixing, kickbacks, or misrepresenting the independence of the relationship between the colluding parties.
Set em up Joe says

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42571 Mar 14, 2014
Plant wrote:
I'm convinced Eric was planted to take votes from Clottey.. No effort on absentees? Despite him knowing about mailers ahead of time???? Then last min campaigning? Smells of conspiracy..
Do some investigation and get back to the rest of us before the next election.
Vice

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42572 Mar 18, 2014
Who will become the next Vice Mayor ?
Update

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42573 Mar 28, 2014
Vice Mayor Chris Vincent
SEWER MEETING

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42574 Aug 9, 2014
did you get the notice in the mail to attend the meeting
is the town going to have another sewer rate increase????????
Missing lbts

East Liverpool, OH

#42575 Jan 16, 2015
What would the town be like today if yanni, wessles,Parker, Clark,and Baldwin, didn't annex the north part of town, where do you think the money is coming from to do all the projects the town is doing today. I know both parts of town is paying but the south part of town couldn't do it alone. Give thanks where's due, the old guard what mcintees wife used to call us.
Feel Real

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42576 Jan 19, 2015
Missing lbts wrote:
What would the town be like today if yanni, wessles,Parker, Clark,and Baldwin, didn't annex the north part of town, where do you think the money is coming from to do all the projects the town is doing today. I know both parts of town is paying but the south part of town couldn't do it alone. Give thanks where's due, the old guard what mcintees wife used to call us.
Ok you get some credit for that, but not for the reasons you give. What if those same names got their way, re BSO, no money would be left to do what was and is being done. Where is the "thanks and sorry" from those back then who wanted to replace the VFD with BSO and are now proven wrong? Plus the fact the figures were wrong with the surplus from the new part of town. The cost of the new sewers, in case you forgot, flushed away any excess for a long time. Lets look at some real numbers look at the cost of BSO police before and after and keep in mind they only had one car and one deputy for the new part of town.
Then again, what money are you talking about? Please explain.
Babs BOy

San Francisco, CA

#42577 Feb 21, 2016
Interesting election..a spoiled brat and a crazy
Boring

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42578 Feb 29, 2016
Babs BOy wrote:
Interesting election..a spoiled brat and a crazy
So what who cares anymore? All the big issues are done. I see more Buzz and Sasser signs. To get along with the majority, which is what we are all about now thats the only way to vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min Ize Found 70,445
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min ritedownthemiddle 58,779
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr zazz 98,012
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Zionism is racism 72,025
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Coral Springs 8 hr laleja89 36
News King of Pop deserved respect (Jul '09) 22 hr RIP Prince 19
Ducklings stuck in storm drain in Coral Springs Thu bricew 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages