Lauderdale-by-the-Sea: Portal to the ...

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea: Portal to the beach to receive an upgrad...

There are 42360 comments on the SouthFlorida.com story from Jul 13, 2007, titled Lauderdale-by-the-Sea: Portal to the beach to receive an upgrad.... In it, SouthFlorida.com reports that:

The city's portal to the beach is slated to be revamped as part of a beautification project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthFlorida.com.

Calling Marc

Pompano Beach, FL

#42407 Oct 31, 2013
We need your paper to tell us what is going on behind the scenes.
Just a by stander

East Liverpool, OH

#42408 Nov 4, 2013
Go to archives may25 2006 meeting under old business b and read about the round a bouts
Roundabout on A1A

Pompano Beach, FL

#42414 Nov 5, 2013
"In Fort Lauderdale, state and city planners are considering retooling a section of A1A between Flamingo Avenue and Oakland Park Boulevard to enhance the bike lanes recently created after traffic lanes were reduced. Those plans could include larger sidewalks and a roundabout at A1A and Flamingo, near the city's border with Lauderdale-by-the-Sea.

The A1A greenway would create four-foot bike lanes separated from vehicle lanes with a two-foot buffer."

This right at the not so nice southern entrance to town.
Browns item

Pompano Beach, FL

#42415 Nov 5, 2013
Roundabout on A1A wrote:
"In Fort Lauderdale, state and city planners are considering retooling a section of A1A between Flamingo Avenue and Oakland Park Boulevard to enhance the bike lanes recently created after traffic lanes were reduced. Those plans could include larger sidewalks and a roundabout at A1A and Flamingo, near the city's border with Lauderdale-by-the-Sea.
The A1A greenway would create four-foot bike lanes separated from vehicle lanes with a two-foot buffer."
This right at the not so nice southern entrance to town.
Commissioner Brown is pushing for this at the County..and also trying to get improvements on elmar funded by them at the same time..but will the county redirect traffic onto elmar as a stipulation? Everyone better pay attention
Roundabout on A1A

Pompano Beach, FL

#42416 Nov 6, 2013
Browns item wrote:
<quoted text>
Commissioner Brown is pushing for this at the County..and also trying to get improvements on elmar funded by them at the same time..but will the county redirect traffic onto elmar as a stipulation? Everyone better pay attention
Nothing he can do, we are a small community and the big boys come first. He can only vote if the bigger communities do not show up. Pushing is overstating it by 1K miles.
Better Yet

Pompano Beach, FL

#42418 Nov 10, 2013
Just a by stander wrote:
Go to archives may25 2006 meeting under old business b and read about the round a bouts
Since Piersante seems to have nothing better to do, he could just stand in the middle of the road on SeaGrape giving drivers that all familiar stare. That should cure traffic woes!
A Success

Pompano Beach, FL

#42419 Nov 10, 2013
Looks like the Farmers Market is a success. Let's see which business will be the first to complain. And to better yet your face would stop traffic!
arthur

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42420 Nov 10, 2013
A Success wrote:
Looks like the Farmers Market is a success. Let's see which business will be the first to complain. And to better yet your face would stop traffic!
Businesses do not need to complain. Our Chamber of Commerce has our back you know.
Sister Cities

Pompano Beach, FL

#42422 Nov 13, 2013
A group of clowns trying to revive something for their own benefit .How many of the names you heard on that list live In town. Once you hear the names Geesey ( new resident of Sebastian) Beverly Kennedy would put her name on anything just to hear her name,Edmund Malkoon please like me,and the ever famous Fleshman famous quote there are hot chicks there! It might be fun to join just to watch the circus.
Green gone Red

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42423 Nov 13, 2013
Sister Cities wrote:
A group of clowns trying to revive something for their own benefit .How many of the names you heard on that list live In town. Once you hear the names Geesey ( new resident of Sebastian) Beverly Kennedy would put her name on anything just to hear her name,Edmund Malkoon please like me,and the ever famous Fleshman famous quote there are hot chicks there! It might be fun to join just to watch the circus.
Ms. Green sure got red faced being pissed trying to explain how her version of sister cities had their act together and all was in order, talking down to the commission.

Then right after her Geri speaks and further throws Green under the bus when she admitted that in fact they let it go and Clark returned all the funds belonging to the defunct group to the town!!

But at least Green took the time to mention all the names involved with her version so we know who to stay away from....

Some Gesseys have even moved out of town.

The best was seeing Eric and his finance, who really is the one who actually did a great deal of work going way back with the organization, tell everyone of the great things they are doing. Not have done, but are doing.

As opposed to holding a meeting during the slowest time of year when more residents are out of town, on the same night as a town meeting, to hold an election, purely for political benefit and will not be forgotten.

Now thats entertainment!!!!
Entertainment

Pompano Beach, FL

#42424 Nov 14, 2013
The biggest entertainment and self promotion of the evening was provide by Eric and his girlfriend. According to her the best attended event in town was the Peruvian religious event at Assumption Church which over 300 attended. Looks like she and her boyfriend Eric have not attended very many major town events. I saw him at the Halloween event but perhaps he cannot see very well. Halloween had over 300 children attend,July 4 has tons of attendees, as well as Easter by the Sea, Sunrise Services, etc.
Sour Grapes

Pompano Beach, FL

#42425 Nov 15, 2013
Entertainment wrote:
The biggest entertainment and self promotion of the evening was provide by Eric and his girlfriend. According to her the best attended event in town was the Peruvian religious event at Assumption Church which over 300 attended. Looks like she and her boyfriend Eric have not attended very many major town events. I saw him at the Halloween event but perhaps he cannot see very well. Halloween had over 300 children attend,July 4 has tons of attendees, as well as Easter by the Sea, Sunrise Services, etc.
What have you done lately?
Entertainment

Pompano Beach, FL

#42426 Nov 15, 2013
Sour Grapes wrote:
<quoted text> What have you done lately?
Well today I went to work, had lunch with a client, had dinner with the family and had some friends drop by after dinner. And what have you done today Mr./Ms. Sour Grapes.
arthur

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42427 Nov 16, 2013
I see either a pick up in town economy or I am taking market share. It is despite construction, and not because of any improvements, since the construction is in its full disruptive swing. Other hotels seem to be doing better than last year, too.

One theory I heard is that this construction traffic jam is good for my business. Personally I do not think so because my exit/entrance is often blocked. However, somebody told me that all these thousands of car stuck in traffic look at my shore haven signs whether they like it or not. So who knows.
Gilligans MIA

Pompano Beach, FL

#42428 Nov 17, 2013
arthur wrote:
I see either a pick up in town economy or I am taking market share. It is despite construction, and not because of any improvements, since the construction is in its full disruptive swing. Other hotels seem to be doing better than last year, too.
One theory I heard is that this construction traffic jam is good for my business. Personally I do not think so because my exit/entrance is often blocked. However, somebody told me that all these thousands of car stuck in traffic look at my shore haven signs whether they like it or not. So who knows.
So good they haven't found Marianne or the Professor yet either, but word has it the Skipper was seen in another watering hole. While the Howells simply are counting their money.
arthur

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42429 Nov 17, 2013
Also something weird is going on in A1A parking lot. I noticed that cars are parked there very early. Since we made it free it is possible for it to be used overnight, or for however long, and since the idea was to make it free to help businesses I am trying to figure which business is being helped by this lot being free since the lot is half full before any business even opens. Or almost any business.

This morning I only looked at it for a little bit and each time there was a fisherman crossing A1A from that lot to get to the pier. So either this is de facto a parking lot for the pier now or it is a parking lot used for free by fishermen instead of the pier parking lot. If this lot gets filled up by fishermen then it precludes prospective clients of restaurants from parking there, and it may not even help the pier since fishermen do not have to pay to park at pier parking lot.

I am just not sure who, if anybody, is being helped with this parking lot being free, but it is hard to trim my palm trees with cars parked underneath them almost all day and night, and maybe it being free even contributes to the existing construction-induced traffic jam.

So just an update on what is going on in town and about the unintended consequence of meddling that you will not hear about at a normally very positive and uplifting commission meeting.
Happy Thanksgiving

Pompano Beach, FL

#42430 Nov 28, 2013
Hope everyone had a nice holiday.
arthur

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42431 Nov 29, 2013
Happy Thanksgiving wrote:
Hope everyone had a nice holiday.
Indeed. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Mulligans Friday Night

Pompano Beach, FL

#42432 Dec 19, 2013
Its a wrap they will be open Friday Dec 20th, heard they will be offering a $2.99 breakfast and they have started handing flyers out in the condos that happy hour wil be rom 1-7 every day.

Cheap booze and eggs what a town or should it now be called a Hamlet?
Dont Get It

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42433 Dec 19, 2013
Mulligans Friday Night wrote:
Its a wrap they will be open Friday Dec 20th, heard they will be offering a $2.99 breakfast and they have started handing flyers out in the condos that happy hour wil be rom 1-7 every day.
Cheap booze and eggs what a town or should it now be called a Hamlet?
Using a little common sense, I dont get their business model when available parking is included. Thats a fixed variable until a parking garage or another way is in place and thats years away if at all.

Picture this - a highrise complex with only enough parking spots around it to meet its current needs. All the other buildings around have all the other spots taken within a half mile. The complex decides and is allowed to build an additional 2 floors and rent it out as a restaurant. What do you think will happen?

Now you may say they can find and pay for other spots and valet cars. That's an additional cost other business dont carry.

We know people not having any patience and they can simply go someplace else in the time it takes them to park and to retrieve their car.

Or maybe the March. bothers know this and they think why spend their money on fixing it up when they get a sucker to do it for them and buy it back at a huge discount when they go under?

How about the other new restaurants on commercial and A1A and the others that are opening up - were are they going to park?

That brings up the question if the town spent 6 million for the most expensive carrot drawing in businesses in to only fail because of incompetent planning ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Yeah 1,421,504
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min Earthling-1 61,113
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Susanm 311,634
daniel l dailey still not in jail (Mar '13) Mon Ex employee 9
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Mon zazz 98,176
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Aug 29 Ize Found 70,974
News Obama founder of ISIS, says Trump Aug 24 WasteWater 82

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages