Lauderdale-by-the-Sea: Portal to the beach to receive an upgrad...

The city's portal to the beach is slated to be revamped as part of a beautification project. Full Story
Secrecy Complaint

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42367 Oct 1, 2013
ProFired wrote:
<quoted text>
This I find most confusing. When Gooding got replaced - not fired, the same thing just happened for our last chief, they in fact received a promotion along with a nice raise in salary. Fired, I think is the wrong word to use.
I do fully agree with you that any negotiations with BSO or any vendor of town should be done openly in full public view. I do believe that is the law.
Exactly... and look who wrote it ..old Kenny boy as anyone who watched the recent meetings a lot said misleading information on Eric, why does he scare them so much?
Mokyor

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42368 Oct 3, 2013
Secrecy Complaint wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly... and look who wrote it ..old Kenny boy as anyone who watched the recent meetings a lot said misleading information on Eric, why does he scare them so much?
It's not about Eric, its anyone other then who they want in. The Pope could be running and he would be attack just the same.

The fear comes from those who need to believe they have influence over who they want in. They fear they wont have any of this influence if another gets in.

They need to feel special. They need to think because they supported this person they will have a insight on what is going on. They also believe their word carries more value then others in the direction the town will take. Control freaks. We have a number of groups of people who want the town to go their way.

Its not about if its right or wrong its about them feeling in control and the fear they have thinking they don't have any control or in all reality, no greater control then anyone else. That fear is what divides this town.

If it was about being right or wrong, as it should be, we would have great debates on the issues. We do not. We end up with stupid personal attacks with quick short term thinking resulting in actions wasting a great deal of our money.

Now I've been writing on this blog for some time and maybe I'm missing something and I'm wrong. If you think so, please tell me and I will then tell others. I will shout it load and far. I don't like being wrong and prefer to be right.

Correct

Pompano Beach, FL

#42369 Oct 4, 2013
Mokyor wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about Eric, its anyone other then who they want in. The Pope could be running and he would be attack just the same.
The fear comes from those who need to believe they have influence over who they want in. They fear they wont have any of this influence if another gets in.
They need to feel special. They need to think because they supported this person they will have a insight on what is going on. They also believe their word carries more value then others in the direction the town will take. Control freaks. We have a number of groups of people who want the town to go their way.
Its not about if its right or wrong its about them feeling in control and the fear they have thinking they don't have any control or in all reality, no greater control then anyone else. That fear is what divides this town.
If it was about being right or wrong, as it should be, we would have great debates on the issues. We do not. We end up with stupid personal attacks with quick short term thinking resulting in actions wasting a great deal of our money.
Now I've been writing on this blog for some time and maybe I'm missing something and I'm wrong. If you think so, please tell me and I will then tell others. I will shout it
load and far. I don't like being wrong and prefer to be right.
Your right .. The new director of Sister Cities is known to be running in the North .. Which is where Eric would have also run. The hope is by discrediting him, she would have little or no opposition. The plan also was made to give her credentials in town like on the Charter Revew and recently on board of adjustments ( which meets like 1 time a year). Malkoun may run also and the thought was if all three ran it would be too much effort and money spent with no certain outcome. This is what it seems to me..I got disgusted 2 elections ago after watching those personal attacks and this last one.. I decided better to watch from a distance in the safety of my home ( and this blog).. Interesting to see the games play out..
Secrecy Complaint

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42370 Oct 4, 2013
Mokyor wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I've been writing on this blog for some time and maybe I'm missing something and I'm wrong. If you think so, please tell me and I will then tell others. I will shout it load and far. I don't like being wrong and prefer to be right.
Yes Edmond, Bob and Sandra obviously need to feel special, Bob telling everyone that Edmond is his boy, but I never have heard Edmond call Bob " Daddy".
Knives

Pompano Beach, FL

#42371 Oct 4, 2013
Seems the knives are being sharpened up north. Teramarians with the help of a few token Belarians want to rule the town. You forgot to include Teramarian Ms. Geri who ran against Moraitis. She is also on the new Sister Cities Board and wants to be a leader in our town. Seems like a nice lady and donít understand why she got involved with this backstabbing.
Sex Lies and Video

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42372 Oct 5, 2013
Knives wrote:
Seems the knives are being sharpened up north. Teramarians with the help of a few token Belarians want to rule the town. You forgot to include Teramarian Ms. Geri who ran against Moraitis. She is also on the new Sister Cities Board and wants to be a leader in our town. Seems like a nice lady and donít understand why she got involved with this backstabbing.
Someone couldn't make the crap up, " someone changed the corporate records"?

http://lauderdale.siretechnologies.com/sirepu...
DisUnion

Lake Worth, FL

#42373 Oct 5, 2013
" If it was about being right or wrong, as it should be, we would have great debates on the issues.
We do not. We end up with stupid personal attacks with quick short term thinking resulting in actions wasting a great deal of our money. "

The State of the Union for LBS
Knives

Pompano Beach, FL

#42374 Oct 6, 2013
Sex Lies and Video wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone couldn't make the crap up, " someone changed the corporate records"?
http://lauderdale.siretechnologies.com/sirepu...
Very interesting, so these guys are not only backstabbers but also crooks.
Missing funds

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42375 Oct 7, 2013
Knives wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting, so these guys are not only backstabbers but also crooks.
Not only does the TM report question the election of the new board of Sister Cities, but it also places a question mark on the treasure Chuck Clark if he accounted for all of the funds.

What is not in question is they made a decision to have the meeting at Athena's during the time of year when most residents are out of town and during the same night as a commission meeting!!!
Knives

Pompano Beach, FL

#42376 Oct 7, 2013
Missing funds wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only does the TM report question the election of the new board of Sister Cities, but it also places a question mark on the treasure Chuck Clark if he accounted for all of the funds.
What is not in question is they made a decision to have the meeting at Athena's during the time of year when most residents are out of town and during the same night as a commission meeting!!!
And these crooks want to sit on the TC.
arthur

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42377 Oct 8, 2013
DisUnion wrote:
" If it was about being right or wrong, as it should be, we would have great debates on the issues.
We do not. We end up with stupid personal attacks with quick short term thinking resulting in actions wasting a great deal of our money. "
The State of the Union for LBS
That would be disheartening if it were only true about us, but all other communities have and always had the same issue, and some are better than others. So it is going to be all right here, too. We just have to keep pushing it in the right direction. Would it not be nice to feel proud of living in LBTS?
Mokyor

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42378 Oct 8, 2013
arthur wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be disheartening if it were only true about us, but all other communities have and always had the same issue, and some are better than others. So it is going to be all right here, too. We just have to keep pushing it in the right direction. Would it not be nice to feel proud of living in LBTS?
Yes, and despite all the crap we have been though, its good that people become and many stay involved. Compared to others, using election turn out as the marker, we are doing well.

Getting to the point of being proud is one thing and staying proud is another.

My problem is I'm against any sort of master planning in order to achieve that state, as I believe its bound to fail.

So an open system based on principles which can be changed, but not easily, to me should be the method.

How? The rule of law. Make laws keeping unfairness down to an absolute minimum. Also make laws applying how the town spends its revenues on an equal playing field regarding the benefits produced by the expenditures. The use of a testing formula is one way.

Staying innovated along the way and pride will follow.

Sounds great, but its all in the follow up. I continue to have hope.

Need some new people on the commish.

BTW I'm hearing of some commissioners blaming the TM for controlling the town. What a sorry and lame excuse.
Meeting

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42379 Oct 8, 2013
In looking over the agenda for tonight's meeting I'm reading what the F is going on regarding the ordinances.

The first under 1st reading is to take away the power of the commission to review small variances and give it to the TM.

The 2nd removes the notice of intent given to the public when the town is thinking about making changes to the land development regulations. which is taking away a layer of notification made to the public.

This is what happens when the commission is busy - as with redoing commercial, they would be more easily lead to vote that way.

We vote for 5 people to represent us not for them to hire one person to do the same.

Just know somethings is in the works. No good reason for this. Without the commercial project going on they would have plenty of time.

Call your commissioners/mayor and tell them what you think.
meeting

Pompano Beach, FL

#42380 Oct 8, 2013
We need a huge crowd at the next commission meeting to stop this. The second one passed unfortunately but the other concerning letting the administration allow building within the setbacks has to be stopped. At least call all the commissioners now.
Sister Cities

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42381 Oct 9, 2013
So do we have 1 or 2 or no Sister Cities?

Was the election held at a private business, who owners tell all how they hate the town manager and most of the commission, held during the time of year when most residents are not present, during the same night and time as a commission meeting - legal? Probably not, but diffidently wrong.

Who would want these types of people running town when the president, questionably elected, is telling everyone she is running for commissioner and the rest will be supporting her?

Who would ever trust those people on anything?

They did the above and think they did the right thing!

These are the same people who formed Unite Our Town?

I think Move out of Town is more applicable.

They have insulted every resident in town.
Clueless

Pompano Beach, FL

#42382 Oct 9, 2013
Sister Cities wrote:
So do we have 1 or 2 or no Sister Cities?
Was the election held at a private business, who owners tell all how they hate the town manager and most of the commission, held during the time of year when most residents are not present, during the same night and time as a commission meeting - legal? Probably not, but diffidently wrong.
Who would want these types of people running town when the president, questionably elected, is telling everyone she is running for commissioner and the rest will be supporting her?
Who would ever trust those people on anything?
They did the above and think they did the right thing!
These are the same people who formed Unite Our Town?
I think Move out of Town is more applicable.
They have insulted every resident in town.
The only person that was originally on the unite our town is Bob Fleshmam and anyone who thinks he represents the wants of anyone other than himself is crazy. The board of sister cites is Sandra Green,Bob Fleshman, Gerriann Capatasto Edmund Malkoon, Dr Most,and Mr Green Sandra's husband. Sandra is said to be running for Comm, Gerriann is said to be running for Mayor and Edmund for Comm against Sandra. If any of these three are elected we are all losers! Fleshman will lie to anyone including his wife! Do not try to associate any of these people with unite our town unless the concencess is from the members which at this time has not even been discussed.this issue!
arthur

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42383 Oct 9, 2013
Clueless wrote:
<quoted text> The only person that was originally on the unite our town is Bob Fleshmam and anyone who thinks he represents the wants of anyone other than himself is crazy. The board of sister cites is Sandra Green,Bob Fleshman, Gerriann Capatasto Edmund Malkoon, Dr Most,and Mr Green Sandra's husband. Sandra is said to be running for Comm, Gerriann is said to be running for Mayor and Edmund for Comm against Sandra. If any of these three are elected we are all losers! Fleshman will lie to anyone including his wife! Do not try to associate any of these people with unite our town unless the concencess is from the members which at this time has not even been discussed.this issue!
That's interesting.

They may be more organized than the incumbents already...
Clueless

Pompano Beach, FL

#42384 Oct 9, 2013
arthur wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting.
They may be more organized than the incumbents already...
This statement coming from the self proclaimed genius . Let's see when his motel gets any mentions for being so wonderful.
arthur

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42385 Oct 9, 2013
Clueless wrote:
<quoted text> This statement coming from the self proclaimed genius . Let's see when his motel gets any mentions for being so wonderful.
I do feel talented. Genius? Who knows. Ivy League undergrad, and MSc with distinction from LSE aint bad.

Let me explain. I go to a town meeting, almost any town meeting, and I am being made a fool out of just like everybody else watching or speaking. The idea is to get me to doubt myself, cause me to lose confidence and for me to limp away wounded never to be heard from or seen again. Have you experienced the same feelings during a town meeting? That approach works on a lot of people.

But it does not work on me. It is very simple in my mind. If I had what it takes to get where I got then I should be able to understand what other people are saying. You cannot just dress in a suit and flash a masters and intimidate me intellectually because I heard smart people speak. And in case of town meeting I do not understand what they are saying, just like you do not, and it is not because of a lack of intelligence on our side.

And as far as my hotel being wonderful, I am being told this by people who matter, i.e. my returning guests every day.

Since you must be smart, too, please tell me where did all the money for all these projects come from when every year our town is playing poor in September when setting our millage rate? Based on what I see our town has or had tons of money just as I was saying all along.
Clueless

Pompano Beach, FL

#42386 Oct 9, 2013
arthur wrote:
<quoted text>
I do feel talented. Genius? Who knows. Ivy League undergrad, and MSc with distinction from LSE aint bad.
Let me explain. I go to a town meeting, almost any town meeting, and I am being made a fool out of just like everybody else watching or speaking. The idea is to get me to doubt myself, cause me to lose confidence and for me to limp away wounded never to be heard from or seen again. Have you experienced the same feelings during a town meeting? That approach works on a lot of people.
But it does not work on me. It is very simple in my mind. If I had what it takes to get where I got then I should be able to understand what other people are saying. You cannot just dress in a suit and flash a masters and intimidate me intellectually because I heard smart people speak. And in case of town meeting I do not understand what they are saying, just like you do not, and it is not because of a lack of intelligence on our side.
And as far as my hotel being wonderful, I am being told this by people who matter, i.e. my returning guests every day.
Since you must be smart, too, please tell me where did all the money for all these projects come from when every year our town is playing poor in September when setting our millage rate? Based on what I see our town has or had tons of money just as I was saying all along.
I realize you are an ass . I made my money working hard and not depending on family businesses or their money. You seem to have an answer for everything. I'll be watching to see what you make of what you have had handed to you. Enjoy your vacation life! Being a friend of Bobs tells me a lot about you ! Your going places young man. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Overpaid Firefighters (Sep '10) 6 min Master 477
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Tilly 1,190,015
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 28 min Ponderings 96,876
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Pearl Jam 308,912
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Cold Front 69,095
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Mothra 51,384
Review: Drew Fuel Services 18 hr Emilly 1
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:32 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:32PM