Lauderdale-by-the-Sea: Portal to the ...

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea: Portal to the beach to receive an upgrad...

There are 42360 comments on the SouthFlorida.com story from Jul 13, 2007, titled Lauderdale-by-the-Sea: Portal to the beach to receive an upgrad.... In it, SouthFlorida.com reports that:

The city's portal to the beach is slated to be revamped as part of a beautification project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthFlorida.com.

my buttoned lips

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41977 Mar 11, 2013
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the speakers I hear sound like any these two are commenting on. Are you residents ,who are so passionate about the Town, participate and voice your opinions in public? Or do u just sit back and complain all day on here???????
You ask a very good question and you already know the answer. I am doing the same thing you did when the By The Sea Times was the only paper in town. Your voice and opinions were never heard by anyone, you just sat back, at home, never complaining publically, knowing the Times printed words, would always be read by many, and your little weak voice, at the meetings would be useless. Today, we have only one LBS publication, the Future. Like your once weakened voice, mine is also held silent today, and will remain so, unless I change my political views, or unless the Future changes theirs, or my favorite choice, we have a new publication, willing to support the majority of the voters views, once again.
Future Out of Town Paper

Pompano Beach, FL

#41978 Mar 11, 2013
my buttoned lips wrote:
<quoted text>You ask a very good question and you already know the answer. I am doing the same thing you did when the By The Sea Times was the only paper in town. Your voice and opinions were never heard by anyone, you just sat back, at home, never complaining publically, knowing the Times printed words, would always be read by many, and your little weak voice, at the meetings would be useless. Today, we have only one LBS publication, the Future. Like your once weakened voice, mine is also held silent today, and will remain so, unless I change my political views, or unless the Future changes theirs, or my favorite choice, we have a new publication, willing to support the majority of the voters views, once again.
Please check where the editor lives before calling it a local paper....

I didn't know Conn was part of the great state of Florida!
MONTHLY FLIGHTS

Pompano Beach, FL

#41979 Mar 11, 2013
Future Out of Town Paper wrote:
<quoted text>
Please check where the editor lives before calling it a local paper....
I didn't know Conn was part of the great state of Florida!
Your reply confirms that I am almost as stupid as you, concerning the Future paper, being the only one delivered to the residents in LBS. I keep forgetting, that every month, I and everyone else in town flies to Conn to pick up the LBS FUTURE.
arthur

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41980 Mar 12, 2013
Does anybody know why the parking sign is going to be 30 ft tall?
Benny Hill

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41981 Mar 12, 2013
arthur wrote:
Does anybody know why the parking sign is going to be 30 ft tall?
Compromise between those who wanted 20 and those who wanted 40.
BEAVER

United States

#41982 Mar 13, 2013
I regret that Commissiner Sasser was not at last nights meeting. I am certain his rational thinking and vote would have excited the viewers with a no vote on a few agenda items. I have noticed recently that two commissioners usually have logical reasons to object to agenda items, speak their objections to placate the viewers, and give the viewers hope, and then jump on the bandwagon, to vote for the item they were once against. Does this mean they are not prepared prior to the meeting, or perhaps are easily swayed by the remaining commissioners, who have done their homework and presented much stronger arguements to achieve a successful vote in their favor. Unity is a great thing when it favorably affects the town's 6000 residents, but not when it excists only among commissioners sitting on the dais.
TONTO

United States

#41983 Mar 13, 2013
Are you a self thinker? Are you one of the 6000 people that comprise the towns population? Or perhaps, one of the towns 4000 visitors during the season. If so, can you name a marketing team that contacted and convinced you to visit or remain in LBS. No one contacted me either.
arthur

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41984 Mar 13, 2013
TONTO wrote:
Are you a self thinker? Are you one of the 6000 people that comprise the towns population? Or perhaps, one of the towns 4000 visitors during the season. If so, can you name a marketing team that contacted and convinced you to visit or remain in LBS. No one contacted me either.
Each business has its own marketing team that costs town's taxpayers nothing.
You Know The Answer

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41985 Mar 13, 2013
Here is the $22,000 question!
along with a FREE ANSWER

Why do people visit LBTS?

Main reason is to spend vacation in a small town
away from the beaten crowded south Florida pathway, LBTS is a town with beautiful beach along the Atlantic Ocean which offers the visitor
many things to do in a relaxed atmosphere.

Plus, in LBTS visitors have the convenience to get around by walking to anywhere in town. LBTS has
convenience of shopping, good restaurants, senior
center, weekend entertainment at Anglin Square.
God gifted LBTS

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41986 Mar 13, 2013
TONTO wrote:
The marketing team of God along with many caring citizens
hoping to preserve the natural beauty of LBTS while continuing
to keep it the small town most of us love and enjoy.
Mc Dubies

Pompano Beach, FL

#41987 Mar 14, 2013
God gifted LBTS wrote:
<quoted text>
The marketing team of God along with many caring citizens
hoping to preserve the natural beauty of LBTS while continuing
to keep it the small town most of us love and enjoy.
Clueless !!!! One to many hits,
Mokyor

United States

#41988 Mar 15, 2013
We have gone through a change in culture, due to the change in commission.

Before the town operated based on what it needed. It ran much more efficiently.

Presently, it functions based on arbitrarily spending excess funds collected for other purposes many of which no longer exist.

For all those who think government funds should not be used to bailout selected private businesses should be extremely concerned about what is happening in our town using those excess funds.

The "marketing plan" approved last meeting is yet another example.

We are paying for people to walk around with clip boards asking questions to random people to be used to determine our future?

If any of those commissioners don't know this town well enough to know or to find out themselves, they should not be representing us.

4 years term is too long

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41989 Mar 15, 2013
Mokyor wrote:
If any of those commissioners don't know this town well enough to know or to find out themselves, they should not be representing us.
I agree... I'm waiting for the next election with great anticipation. Just hopping that until then, this commission won't have time to destroy the Town completely.
Mc Dubies

Pompano Beach, FL

#41990 Mar 16, 2013
4 years term is too long wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree... I'm waiting for the next election with great anticipation. Just hopping that until then, this commission won't have time to destroy the Town completely.
I am sure their are many who are waiting for you to stand at a polling booth with you picks for the commission . Your faces are very well known and will always be remembered for your loyalty to Mc Intee, Silverstone and Ester Colon.As one very recognizable figure in this town stated when the the three people stated were in power they were the darkest times for Lauderdale By The Sea! Pictures , You tube, State Attorney records and much much more will be following for a long long time.
HOLD YOUR NOSE

United States

#41991 Mar 16, 2013
4 years term is too long wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't hold your breath until the next election. I held my breath for the last election, and I could not vote for a change and neither could you, the two incumbants that could have campaigned to retain their seats, didn't have to, no one challanged them.. I am a realistic person and I will not hold my breath until another town newspaper, with views contrary to the Future enters the political scene. Aint gonna ever happen, in my lifetime, nor yours. The Future is no longer thought of as the developers paper, it is now the Chambers paper, and the commissions loves the Chamber. The average voter in this town reads the Future, is influenced by it, and has never attended a meeting or watched it on TV. For certain they don't even know this blog exists.
Before this commission

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41992 Mar 16, 2013
the town had two FRUGAL quiet spoken TMs,
ie, Baldwin, Ester Colon

the town had a caring concerned commissions
consisting of Parker, Wessels, Yanni, Silverstone
McIntee

it is doubtful anybody can ever fill those shoes
mentioned above, as a result, we must accept what our apathy plus votes have created

this TM and commission continue to lean toward bankrupting this town, afterward the developer's
will step in trying to convince you to change the
height, the setbacks, the density
JEAPORDY QUESTION

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41993 Mar 16, 2013
Mc Dubies wrote:
<quoted text> I am sure their are many who are waiting for you to stand at a polling booth with you picks for the commission . Your faces are very well known and will always be remembered for your loyalty to Mc Intee, Silverstone and Ester Colon.As one very recognizable figure in this town stated when the the three people stated were in power they were the darkest times for Lauderdale By The Sea! Pictures , You tube, State Attorney records and much much more will be following for a long long time.
A Jeapordy question. Name the three most responsible individuals for saving the taxpayers of LBS a couple of million dollars each and every year, year in and year out, by saying adios amigos to Ken Jenne and BSO Medical Rescue, and replacing it with services, welcomed and praised today by the same objectors that was against the change.
Who did what

Pompano Beach, FL

#41994 Mar 16, 2013
JEAPORDY QUESTION wrote:
<quoted text> A Jeapordy question. Name the three most responsible individuals for saving the taxpayers of LBS a couple of million dollars each and every year, year in and year out, by saying adios amigos to Ken Jenne and BSO Medical Rescue, and replacing it with services, welcomed and praised today by the same objectors that was against the change.
You have got to be kidding, when did those three losers have a part in putting Ken Jenne behind bars. You just can't stop your lies. I am sure there are many in this town that are questioning if we are really getting the quality of service we would have if we stayed with BSO they just won't verbalize it or are just happy to pay lower taxes and hope they never need there services.
AFRAID TO ANSWER

United States

#41995 Mar 17, 2013
Who did what wrote:
<quoted text> You have got to be kidding, when did those three losers have a part in putting Ken Jenne behind bars. You just can't stop your lies. I am sure there are many in this town that are questioning if we are really getting the quality of service we would have if we stayed with BSO they just won't verbalize it or are just happy to pay lower taxes and hope they never need there services.
Your reply was very evasive in replying to my blog. I mentioned nothing of any one in this town putting Ken Jenne behind bars. Also, if commissioners or residents are questioning the services of AMR in this town, they are not making their dis-like known. You are the only person I have heard from that would rather pay higher taxes and retain BSOMR and would anxiously await their quality of services. My original question, what three individuals, were mostly responsible for saying adios amigo to Jenne, and replacing BSOMR with AMR?
It takes majority vote

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41996 Mar 18, 2013
AFRAID TO ANSWER wrote:
<quoted text>Your reply was very evasive in replying to my blog. I mentioned nothing of any one in this town putting Ken Jenne behind bars. Also, if commissioners or residents are questioning the services of AMR in this town, they are not making their dis-like known. You are the only person I have heard from that would rather pay higher taxes and retain BSOMR and would anxiously await their quality of services. My original question, what three individuals, were mostly responsible for saying adios amigo to Jenne, and replacing BSOMR with AMR?
Jenne going to jail had nothing to do with any individuals in our town.

Silverstone and McIntee had thought it good idea to replace BSOmedical and fire
with AMR and VFD, however, others on the commission voted to do the same thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min TRD 70,817
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min USAsince1680 1,402,900
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 311,484
News Jehovah's Witnesses take faith -- and mops -- t... 6 hr carlossantana 6
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 23 hr zazz 98,126
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Fri USS LIBERTY 72,033
News Accused Broward County student linked to more h... (Mar '08) Fri lawyer trash 93

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages