Lauderdale-by-the-Sea: Portal to the beach to receive an upgrad...

The city's portal to the beach is slated to be revamped as part of a beautification project. Full Story
Benny

Pompano Beach, FL

#41957 Mar 1, 2013
Benny Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
You be woman or girly man?
None of you business buddy boy!
bendover

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41958 Mar 2, 2013
Benny Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
You be woman or girly man?
both
Need to grow up

Pompano Beach, FL

#41959 Mar 2, 2013
Benny wrote:
Commissioners should have been there. As for me, I was not keen on having to look for a parking space and then walking through the heavy rain to get there.
Not everyone lives at home the commissioners have jobs,family and other responsibilities. I do hope you bring this up at the next meeting it is so much fun when you get put in your place.
Benny

Pompano Beach, FL

#41960 Mar 2, 2013
Need to grow up wrote:
<quoted text> Not everyone lives at home the commissioners have jobs,family and other responsibilities. I do hope you bring this up at the next meeting it is so much fun when you get put in your place.
Hasn't happened yet when I speak during public comments. I doubt most of the posters here have the guts to speak up publicly at meetings.
Walgreens West exit

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41961 Mar 2, 2013
the town has put in median parking
which looks like it could turn
into an accident waiting to happen

part of the median opposite the Walgreen's
exit plus few spaces along the median should be removed to make it safer
OLD NEWS

Cape Canaveral, FL

#41962 Mar 2, 2013
Walgreens West exit wrote:
the town has put in median parking
which looks like it could turn
into an accident waiting to happen
part of the median opposite the Walgreen's
exit plus few spaces along the median should be removed to make it safer
Commission voted to make no change. Government in action. Elected officials make decisions. Not casual observers.
Benny Hill

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41963 Mar 2, 2013
bendover wrote:
<quoted text>
both
I do believe you're onto something.
Safety of Citizens

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41964 Mar 2, 2013
Walgreens West exit wrote:
the town has put in median parking
which looks like it could turn
into an accident waiting to happen
part of the median opposite the Walgreen's
exit plus few spaces along the median should be removed to make it safer
The safety of town citizens should be prime concern of
town commission. To overlook the unsafe condition the new
parking on Bougainvillea creates is committing political
suicide.
OLD NEWS

Keystone Heights, FL

#41965 Mar 3, 2013
Safety of Citizens wrote:
<quoted text>
The safety of town citizens should be prime concern of
town commission. To overlook the unsafe condition the new
parking on Bougainvillea creates is committing political
suicide.
Key phrase is "safety ... should be prime concern",

This Commission's prime concern is parking for the business. They are hoping to finance the next campaign.
Timing

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41966 Mar 4, 2013
Safety of Citizens wrote:
<quoted text>
The safety of town citizens should be prime concern of
town commission. To overlook the unsafe condition the new
parking on Bougainvillea creates is committing political
suicide.
Its a timing thing. A year left before the next election. By then people will get use to the new parking lay out on Bougainvilla. The bad part is most of the time it will never be used. People do not like walking far and during summer forget about it. Might do OK with the young kids, but they don't spend any money to speak of, they hit the beach and bring their own lunch and beers.
I don't get it.
Out of Town divers

Pompano Beach, FL

#41967 Mar 4, 2013
Didn't you see the article in the SunSentinel? Divers will be able to purchase 30$ yearly passes to park there. Do you think John B. had anything to do with this?
arthur

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41968 Mar 5, 2013
Out of Town divers wrote:
Didn't you see the article in the SunSentinel? Divers will be able to purchase 30$ yearly passes to park there. Do you think John B. had anything to do with this?
Divers do not like crossing A1A while carrying all their diving equipment. That is why divers stay in beach front hotels predominantly. We used to have a dive festival in May when there were 1000s of divers and when they heard that a hotel was on the west side of A1A it was a big problem for them. But divers are not really good business. You do not want diving equipment being washed in your pool.

If you want parking for divers you have to make it a beach front. Not sure if that would be best use of limited amount of land our town does have but what do I know. The closer the parking garage to the water the more expensive and wasteful a project it will be.
CONSTANT CHANGES

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41969 Mar 6, 2013
It appears that changes in our town will continue, with little or no opposition, from those that wanted LBS to remain a quaint,seaside village. The reason, old timers that fought for such a town, are becoming fewer and fewer in numbers, and before long, those few and their wishes of tranquility will become a thing of the past, replaced by new arrivals, demanding the hustle and bustle and anemeties they enjoyed in the large cities, from which they came. Nothing remains the same. Expect changes, even if you don't want them. You are outnumbered. But you are my type of guy.
Mokyor

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41970 Mar 7, 2013
CONSTANT CHANGES wrote:
It appears that changes in our town will continue, with little or no opposition, from those that wanted LBS to remain a quaint,seaside village. The reason, old timers that fought for such a town, are becoming fewer and fewer in numbers, and before long, those few and their wishes of tranquility will become a thing of the past, replaced by new arrivals, demanding the hustle and bustle and anemeties they enjoyed in the large cities, from which they came. Nothing remains the same. Expect changes, even if you don't want them. You are outnumbered. But you are my type of guy.
The opposition made its case and they did not listen. The next election will adjust. Between now and then, not much can be done.

All the people I've met who moved into town did so because of the way it is. They wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle.

Its mostly the people who do not live in the areas effected who are pushing this agenda of making it better without really thinking about the big picture because whatever happens will not affect them to any substantial degree.

Whatever they do can always be fixed. Yes more money down the drain, but this is what happens when a developer type paper maintains a strong influence over the people.

I have complete confidence if it doesn't work out, and that's with hope that it does, the facts and figures will spell out the truth and people will pay attention and vote accordingly.

At the end of the day people will gravitate to the truth - once it can be laid out and some is before us now.
CONSTANT CHANGES

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41971 Mar 7, 2013
CONSTANT CHANGES wrote:
It appears that changes in our town will continue, with little or no opposition, from those that wanted LBS to remain a quaint,seaside village. The reason, old timers that fought for such a town, are becoming fewer and fewer in numbers, and before long, those few and their wishes of tranquility will become a thing of the past, replaced by new arrivals, demanding the hustle and bustle and anemeties they enjoyed in the large cities, from which they came. Nothing remains the same. Expect changes, even if you don't want them. You are outnumbered. But you are my type of guy.
I totally disagree with you. The reason for the unwanted and un-needed changes was annexation. If de-annexation was possible, those of us that live in the real LBS, that are affected, would not be affected by the ambitious and constant demand upon our town government for changes in areas by people that are not affected by them on a daily basis, twenty four hours a day, day in and day out. My solution. Old town only elects by their votes alone, two commissioners from old town and the annexed are alone elects their two commissioners. The mayor is elected by north and south. This town has doubled in size since annexation. It is much too big for commissioners to seriously represent the voters in a district in which they do not live. Town progress for both districts would be handled from the dais, by the commissioners and mayor elected. Such a system works well for other city governments, the county, the state, and the federal government. Like it or not, LBS consists of two totally different districts. I want my paradise returned and I want my two elected officials from the south to have the honor of doing so..
Crusader

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41972 Mar 8, 2013
CONSTANT CHANGES wrote:
<quoted text>I totally disagree with you. The reason for the unwanted and un-needed changes was annexation. If de-annexation was possible, those of us that live in the real LBS, that are affected, would not be affected by the ambitious and constant demand upon our town government for changes in areas by people that are not affected by them on a daily basis, twenty four hours a day, day in and day out. My solution. Old town only elects by their votes alone, two commissioners from old town and the annexed are alone elects their two commissioners. The mayor is elected by north and south. This town has doubled in size since annexation. It is much too big for commissioners to seriously represent the voters in a district in which they do not live. Town progress for both districts would be handled from the dais, by the commissioners and mayor elected. Such a system works well for other city governments, the county, the state, and the federal government. Like it or not, LBS consists of two totally different districts. I want my paradise returned and I want my two elected officials from the south to have the honor of doing so..
Life isn't perfect,
Your comment is full of beautiful thoughts
Dream on because the town presently is what it is
AN ISLAND TO RETURN TO

Pompano Beach, FL

#41973 Mar 8, 2013
Crusader wrote:
<quoted text>
Life isn't perfect,
Your comment is full of beautiful thoughts
Dream on because the town presently is what it is
You make a lot of sense to me. I agree wth you 100%, life is not perfect in this town any longer. It was when I settled here a few years back. If it was not, I would have searched elsewhere. In the future, if I learn to like present day LBS, and I must move, I will return to Coney Island.
Commissioners concern

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41974 Mar 10, 2013
Safety of Citizens wrote:
<quoted text>
The safety of town citizens should be prime concern of
town commission. To overlook the unsafe condition the new
parking on Bougainvillea creates is committing political
suicide.
SAFETY OF CITIZENS should be prime concern of out town commission.

The West exist of Walgreens has turned into an accident waiting to happen. The Commission should UNDO the problem IMMEDIATELY.
arthur

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41975 Mar 10, 2013
Commissioners concern wrote:
<quoted text>
SAFETY OF CITIZENS should be prime concern of out town commission.
The West exist of Walgreens has turned into an accident waiting to happen. The Commission should UNDO the problem IMMEDIATELY.
So is the now dark parking lot/construction zone by Wings. People are using flash lights in there. Either it is a construction zone or a parking lot. Somebody has to make a decision.
Funny

United States

#41976 Mar 10, 2013
Need to grow up wrote:
<quoted text> Not everyone lives at home the commissioners have jobs,family and other responsibilities. I do hope you bring this up at the next meeting it is so much fun when you get put in your place.
None of the speakers I hear sound like any these two are commenting on. Are you residents ,who are so passionate about the Town, participate and voice your opinions in public? Or do u just sit back and complain all day on here???????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Anton Ciguhr 1,156,450
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min JOEL 71,295
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 33 min The world is waiting 307,128
Review: G8 Van Lines 1 hr Grant Wise 21
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr dont drink the ko... 49,375
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr jrw 96,719
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 68,921
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pompano Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:53 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:53PM
Bucs Secure No. 1 Pick in 2015 Draft
Bleacher Report 2:11 PM
Dolphins Prove Mediocre in Season-Finale Loss
NBC Sports 2:14 PM
Mike Wallace benched, has Brandon Gibson speak to media for him
Bleacher Report 2:41 PM
Saints vs. Buccaneers: Full Report Card Grades for Tampa Bay
ESPN 2:45 PM
Fins bench WR Wallace, cite 'coach's decision'