Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310015 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

pio

New York, NY

#326582 Sep 18, 2014
Wah

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#326583 Sep 18, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex is the number one cause of pregnancy when you are fertile. Are you surprised by that news?
Educate yourself. Empower yourself.
Here is what is pathetic; you people use artificial birth control and have many forms yet, you STILL can't manage to get it right hence, all the millions of abortions every year. You people need to accept the fact that sex may lead to the conception of your child. Can't handle that? Then don't have sex when fertile.
Imagine THAT pearl jam?
God forbids sex outside of marriage for a reason. Pretty easy to see why.
So you do recommend the calendar method, you denied that earlier. If the calendar method is a form of birth control how do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it wasn't that method that failed? You can't prove to anyone you abstained before marriage El Stupido.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326584 Sep 19, 2014
Evil is entirely subjective. If you find abortion to be evil, don't have one. You don't get to create the standard for anyone else.

Bullying requires intimidation, something not even possible with an insensate fetus.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing our own developing child is evil. Premediated threatening the life of another *if* they might not be wanted is bullying (to death).

Indianapolis

#326585 Sep 19, 2014
Life is a process, not a cheap paperback novel. It has no author.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Induced ending of life is done by one human (deliberately...ya know,...killing?) And the other is natural. How silly and dishonest of you to compare them. Oh, and.....Who's the author of life STO

Indianapolis

#326586 Sep 19, 2014
If they won't leave and react in a manner I believe threatens my health or life, I can gut them like a trout if I need to.

Fetuses have no rights; it's not even debatable. Abortion is restricted on the basis of state interest, not fetal rights--and the state doesn't have to interfere at all if it doesn't want to. Fetal homicide laws are based on the WOMAN'S right to carry to term if she so chooses; every FHL contains specific language differentiating it from abortion.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Right,..you can deny them entrance or make them leave but you can't kill them.
I beg to differ Peteyboy. A fetus does indeed have rights and abortion is restricted because of it and there are fetal homocide laws, remember?

Indianapolis

#326587 Sep 19, 2014
F**k yo god; your superstitions are yours to follow, and no one else's.

YOU need to accept that pregnancy is a curable condition, and that people will have sex when they want to. BTW--married women abort, too.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex is the number one cause of pregnancy when you are fertile. Are you surprised by that news?
Educate yourself. Empower yourself.
Here is what is pathetic; you people use artificial birth control and have many forms yet, you STILL can't manage to get it right hence, all the millions of abortions every year. You people need to accept the fact that sex may lead to the conception of your child. Can't handle that? Then don't have sex when fertile.
Imagine THAT pearl jam?
God forbids sex outside of marriage for a reason. Pretty easy to see why.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326588 Sep 19, 2014
Pearl Jam wrote:
<quoted text>LOL murder is not a natural death stupid.
EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!

Don't tell STO or your proabort friends here that. They think a deliberate killing of another because they are unwanted by Mom (who is too selfish to give her child up ) is the same of a natural miscarriage.

I know, I know *duh* right?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326589 Sep 19, 2014
Pearl Jam wrote:
<quoted text>So you do recommend the calendar method, you denied that earlier. If the calendar method is a form of birth control how do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it wasn't that method that failed? You can't prove to anyone you abstained before marriage El Stupido.
I recommend any kind of abstinence. I didn't deny anything. YOU assumed that i was referring to the calendar method and i pointed out otherwise. Many people have successful experiences with that though, so, sure, if it works to prevent pregnancy when someone is not in a good place at that time. IMost abortions and single parenting is from unmarried girls, who btw, end up used/dumped. Heck, this is not good or healthy by any means. I was suvgest keeping sex where God intended. In a marriage where the act is meaningful beyond orgasms only.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326590 Sep 19, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Life is a process, not a cheap paperback novel. It has no author.
<quoted text>
Thanks for your opinion. STO and I believe in God.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326591 Sep 19, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
How ridiculous that you would need to explain WHY you wouldn't want anyone to deliberately kill you or your family.
Does this mean you CAN'T give an explanation for your position?
sassyjm wrote:
Oh nooooo...did you just suggest that a fetus at 22-24 weeks "experinece life, having feelings and thoughts and can suffer"??? You better hide from your proaborts friends here. They are gonna tell you that you are crazy
Most pro-choice people oppose late-term abortions.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326592 Sep 19, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
If they won't leave and react in a manner I believe threatens my health or life, I can gut them like a trout if I need to.
Fetuses have no rights; it's not even debatable. Abortion is restricted on the basis of state interest, not fetal rights--and the state doesn't have to interfere at all if it doesn't want to. Fetal homicide laws are based on the WOMAN'S right to carry to term if she so chooses; every FHL contains specific language differentiating it from abortion.
<quoted text>
Oh sweetie, we are discussing innocent humans who are just not wanted. Hardly comparable to some violent thug that breaks into your home attacking you and pistol whipping you.

Drama queen.

Sillygoose.

Location hidden

#326593 Sep 19, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!
Don't tell STO or your proabort friends here that. They think a deliberate killing of another because they are unwanted by Mom (who is too selfish to give her child up ) is the same of a natural miscarriage.
You forgot a fetus is not another person, and abortion isn't murder El Stupido.

Location hidden

#326594 Sep 19, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
I recommend any kind of abstinence. I didn't deny anything. YOU assumed that i was referring to the calendar method and i pointed out otherwise. Many people have successful experiences with that though, so, sure, if it works to prevent pregnancy when someone is not in a good place at that time. IMost abortions and single parenting is from unmarried girls, who btw, end up used/dumped. Heck, this is not good or healthy by any means. I was suvgest keeping sex where God intended. In a marriage where the act is meaningful beyond orgasms only.
You are a liar and a troll and you don't give two shits about the issue. Suggest all you want, this is 2014 not 250 B.C. El Stupido.
nevada 235

Scranton, PA

#326595 Sep 19, 2014
Hi! I am using a fake name to say this comment...Chicago has a one million person forum for
commenting, but new york city, has only a 305,000 comments site and new york city has over
8 million people! I would like to give you the address of my blog...I think it is interesting reading...
I hope you like reading it....the address is....santo muerte carmi blog...Put those four words in
the top browser line and click on "ENTER"...It is about war, religion and politics....
Love, nevada 235

“Don't forget to”

Since: Sep 09

smile

#326596 Sep 19, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are going to avoid my suggestion? Why Aged? You think that you are legit and compassionate about those who are going to suffer by not being wanted...so you advocate killing as the solution via abortion, then why not mercy kill those born who will ultimately die of starvation.
I know I know. You support whatever eases your conscience. Kinda like how you advocate abortion as choice PRIOR to viability but are anti-abortion after. To hell with the womans wants or needs as far as YOU'RE concerned.
You people don't know if you're coming or going.
Settle down. I'm not the one that drove around assessing damage following a major disaster. I don't think you lifted one finger to help. Instead you tsked tsked about the slow "aid".

I advocate birth control. You seem to be the one that thinks starving to death is a merciful death.

And thank you - you have finally convinced me. A woman should legally be able to abort regardless of her trimester if that is her choice. That will never happen. Does it happen anywhere in the world where abortion is legal?(Serious question, I don't know.)
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326597 Sep 19, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Induced ending of life is done by one human (deliberately...ya know,...killing?) And the other is natural. How silly and dishonest of you to compare them. Oh, and.....Who's the author of life STO
Both are natural. That's the comparison.

The Author of life is YHVH. No where does the Bible indicate that abortion is against any of the 613 commandments. laws, or ordinances. It's simply not there. We've gone round and round on this, and you won't accept the interpretations because you reject the KJV and the Strong's Concordance.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326598 Sep 19, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!
What do you call a deliberate miscarriage?

Is fasting unnatural? Is drinking alcohol unnatural? Is abusing drugs unnatural? Is cleaning out a cat box unnatural? Is eating raw hot dogs unnatural? Is self flagellation unnatural? Is meditation unnatural?

If a pregnant woman does any or all of those things, is that unnatural?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326599 Sep 19, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your opinion. STO and I believe in God.
Yes we do. But Cpeter does not. And there are a lot of Americans who do not. You can't expect them, or force them (through legislation) to follow your religious rules.

Yeah, we both believe in God. We are both Christians. But you're Catholic and I don't subscribe to any denomination. I can't accept your rules because I know they are anti-Bible.

So whose religion should be the end all be all rule book for every person on earth? Yours? Mine? ISIS/ISIL seems to think they have the ear of God.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#326600 Sep 19, 2014
I see skanky is still here spewing the stupidity.. Hi Cpeter hope all is well..**waves** at Junket.. Been rather busy lately.

A Happy Sowin to every one.. Yes, that includes you, Skanky,.. I know secretly you would be pleased.. LOL

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#326601 Sep 19, 2014
Hey STO sorry I should have looked further.. So hey :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min sonicfilter 1,236,836
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min Earthling-1 53,612
News Dad's Anti-Shaming Video Goes Viral 1 hr MyPerspective 1
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr Anne 97,298
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 hr Ratloder 70,045
Review: Red Balloon Party Rental (Sep '09) Tue Careliz Leal 43
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro Tue Caitlyn 52
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]