Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 309,000
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#326134 Aug 10, 2014
Hey all ..I'm not rejoining the thread, don't worry, lol
Hope you are all well .
SINCE I have posted before here in this,subject , I felt duty bound in case this is relevant for any of you

IN all good conscience I want to pass on something I just read that is disturbing . To me ..and has changed my thinking about the birth control pill.

But not about family planning .

I don't know if anyone here has this as a factor, since we are older , but I had to pass this on ..very good book , pro-life writer
I got a sample of a book from a great Christian writer and pastor. I haven't read the whole book.

http://www.jesus-passion.com/bcpill1.html

Being devoted to Christ, he felt that he had to research the subject .
From what I've read so far.
The birth control pill Primarily works as intended, if taken faithfully AND does have the desired effect of PREVENTING OVULATION (it's also medically helpful to prevent gynecological effects of said ovulation , such as extremely painful cyst formation . And is used in women with severe pain from other gynecological problems ....trust me this is valid ...I wish I could have used hormones instead of surgery ...but that's water under a,long ago bridge

HOWEVER, one effect of the pill Can be TO CREATE A POOR ENVIRONMENT for IMPLANTATION ....by thinning the endometrial lining.
And I'm not sure which pills for sure this applies to , but it's the low dosage or improper usage than CAN possibly be a,problem
THIS IS A CONSIDERATION FOR PRO-LIFE WOMEN and I had to pass it on .just in case,it affected anyone here. I know women who have had successful pregnancies,on the pill , so this is not universal , obviously ...but it's a concern , IMO .

I think if this,was a concern for me , finding this out , if I needed the pill for medical reasons I would most assuredly use other barrier methods and timing to assure I did not prevent implantation .....as,I decided long ago that using an IUD was not a good thing after hearing shortcomings like this.

I'm still for family planning .....and against abortion..

AGAIN I JUST READ THIS ...

And yes I know the RCC is against all forms besides NFP ( which does go contrary to the ONLY bible references or laws on the subject ) their Times to have relations were EXACTLY at times,of fertility , if you add in unclean days and days of purification...amazing the medical knowledge God imparted in His,laws ...

So NFP is still BIRTH control ...

Which you are either for or against . I'm for it , but i would, as stated above add the caveats above mentioned

Peace all ...and enjoy the Sunday
GOD bless

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326138 Aug 10, 2014
You have no clue how health care coverage works, do you?
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
No the sluts are the ones grandstanding on the issue of being provided free birth control pills.
Those types are the worthless sluts. Like I said get their boyfriends to pay for the pill.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326140 Aug 11, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
Hey all ..I'm not rejoining the thread, don't worry, lol
Hope you are all well .
SINCE I have posted before here in this,subject , I felt duty bound in case this is relevant for any of you
IN all good conscience I want to pass on something I just read that is disturbing . To me ..and has changed my thinking about the birth control pill.
But not about family planning .
I don't know if anyone here has this as a factor, since we are older , but I had to pass this on ..very good book , pro-life writer
I got a sample of a book from a great Christian writer and pastor. I haven't read the whole book.
http://www.jesus-passion.com/bcpill1.html
Being devoted to Christ, he felt that he had to research the subject .
From what I've read so far.
The birth control pill Primarily works as intended, if taken faithfully AND does have the desired effect of PREVENTING OVULATION (it's also medically helpful to prevent gynecological effects of said ovulation , such as extremely painful cyst formation . And is used in women with severe pain from other gynecological problems ....trust me this is valid ...I wish I could have used hormones instead of surgery ...but that's water under a,long ago bridge
HOWEVER, one effect of the pill Can be TO CREATE A POOR ENVIRONMENT for IMPLANTATION ....by thinning the endometrial lining.
And I'm not sure which pills for sure this applies to , but it's the low dosage or improper usage than CAN possibly be a,problem
THIS IS A CONSIDERATION FOR PRO-LIFE WOMEN and I had to pass it on .just in case,it affected anyone here. I know women who have had successful pregnancies,on the pill , so this is not universal , obviously ...but it's a concern , IMO .
I think if this,was a concern for me , finding this out , if I needed the pill for medical reasons I would most assuredly use other barrier methods and timing to assure I did not prevent implantation .....as,I decided long ago that using an IUD was not a good thing after hearing shortcomings like this.
I'm still for family planning .....and against abortion..
AGAIN I JUST READ THIS ...
And yes I know the RCC is against all forms besides NFP ( which does go contrary to the ONLY bible references or laws on the subject ) their Times to have relations were EXACTLY at times,of fertility , if you add in unclean days and days of purification...amazing the medical knowledge God imparted in His,laws ...
So NFP is still BIRTH control ...
Which you are either for or against . I'm for it , but i would, as stated above add the caveats above mentioned
Peace all ...and enjoy the Sunday
GOD bless
""""one effect of the pill Can be TO CREATE A POOR ENVIRONMENT for IMPLANTATION ....by thinning the endometrial lining.""" ""

Rose,we have been telling you this for many years now. That is why the pill CAN be an abortificant. Women can get pregnant while on the pill or by using the IUD. The IUD is also an abortificant.

*sigh*I don't understand why nobody listens on these forums. We are trying to educate people but many people become so hostile to hearing others thus missing out on alot of facts.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326141 Aug 11, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
Hey all ..I'm not rejoining the thread, don't worry, lol
Hope you are all well .
SINCE I have posted before here in this,subject , I felt duty bound in case this is relevant for any of you
IN all good conscience I want to pass on something I just read that is disturbing . To me ..and has changed my thinking about the birth control pill.
But not about family planning .
I don't know if anyone here has this as a factor, since we are older , but I had to pass this on ..very good book , pro-life
The birth control pill Primarily works as intended, if taken faithfully AND does have the desired effect of PREVENTING OVULATION (it's also medically helpful to prevent gynecological effects of said ovulation , such as extremely painful cyst formation . And is used in women with severe pain from other gynecological problems ....trust me this is valid ...I wish I could have used hormones instead of surgery ...but that's water under a,long ago bridge
HOWEVER, one effect of the pill Can be TO CREATE A POOR ENVIRONMENT for IMPLANTATION ....by thinning the endometrial lining.
And I'm not sure which pills for sure this applies to , but it's the low dosage or improper usage than CAN possibly be a,problem
THIS IS A CONSIDERATION FOR PRO-LIFE WOMEN and I had to pass it on .just in case,it affected anyone here. I know women who have had successful pregnancies,on the pill , so this is not universal , obviously ...but it's a concern , IMO .
I think if this,was a concern for me , finding this out , if I needed the pill for medical reasons I would most assuredly use other barrier methods and timing to assure I did not prevent implantation .....as,I decided long ago that using an IUD was not a good thing after hearing shortcomings like this.
I'm still for family planning .....and against abortion..
AGAIN I JUST READ THIS ...
And yes I know the RCC is against all forms besides NFP ( which does go contrary to the ONLY bible references or laws on the subject ) their Times to have relations were EXACTLY at times,of fertility , if you add in unclean days and days of purification...amazing the medical knowledge God imparted in His,laws ...
So NFP is still BIRTH control ...
Which you are either for or against . I'm for it , but i would, as stated above add the caveats above mentioned
Peace all ...and enjoy the Sunday
GOD bless
""""" """"" "AGAIN I JUST READ THIS ...
And yes I know the RCC is against all forms besides NFP ( which does go contrary to the ONLY bible references or laws on the subject ) their Times to have relations were EXACTLY at times,of fertility , if you add in unclean days and days of purification...amazing the medical knowledge God imparted in His,laws ..."""" ""
Yet ANOTHER ex-Catholic who is completely clueless about the religion she rejected.
The RCC is against "artificial" forms of birth control. It is against having sex WHILE blocking Gods opportunity to create a new,unique life from that sex act(which he intended for the procreation of mankind while the woman is fertile). So,NFP does not "go contrary to the ONLY bible reference or law on the subject".
Please,with all due respect,stop deliberately spreading false information. God said to "go and multiply",not "EVERYtime you are fertile you MUST have sex". NFP is refraining from sex "if" for a very important reason,you MUST avoid pregnancy at that time. That includes any sexual activity. NOTHING is wrong with not having sex Rose. The problem is having sex WHILE fertile (which God intended for the opportunity if he wants to create a life)and telling God that you won't stay open for life.
This saddens me that people can be so ignorant in this day and age. Like I've said to other ex-Catholics or anti-God people,at least know what you're rejecting berfore you reject it.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326142 Aug 11, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
I became somewhat familiar with "chooselife" and his son "marysaidyestolife". I'm convinced Brian is not either of those posters and has no idea what you are referencing.
No one in his/her right mind would defend CL's post regarding abuse - albeit a few did try. I think even he recognized just how badly out of line and indefensible that insensitive and nauseating comment came across. He may have stopped posting for that reason. I'm fairly certain that he and "Mary" have not been on Topix for a very long time.
IMO you people took what CL said out of context. Everyone that was a proabort ganged up on him because he was prolife and what he said was a perfect way to attempt to change the subject.

""""he recognized just how badly out of line and indefensible that insensitive and nauseating comment came across"""" ""

Came across. Exactly! it "came across" to you as something that was not intended.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326143 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
""""one effect of the pill Can be TO CREATE A POOR ENVIRONMENT for IMPLANTATION ....by thinning the endometrial lining.""" ""
Rose,we have been telling you this for many years now. That is why the pill CAN be an abortificant. Women can get pregnant while on the pill or by using the IUD. The IUD is also an abortificant.
Medications which affect implantation are not abortifacients. An abortion, by definition, occurs after implantation.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326144 Aug 11, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
They know exactly what they are doing, they only care about making a number ($$$). It is the reality of Corporate America. You can bury your head in the sand or understand the culture and adapt to the rules of the road. Employees are paid a numerical sum to work a numerical number of hours to complete a number of tasks.
VERY few employers/owners actually know their employees. They are paid workers. Do the job and you get paid and thrown an occassional bone. Unless of course they are a small establishment with the owner in the house then a personal relationship can be part of the equation. Even then the owner runs the show.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326145 Aug 11, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman that has sex is a slut in your world? Married women have sex and use contraception.
Guess that makes your momma the queen of sluts huh?
What is a slut in your opinion?

I am sure that we are all on the same page regarding what constitutes a slut.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326146 Aug 11, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't have more than 47 thousand posts if I used puppets. I don't know what f.f.j.'s problem is but it has nothing to do with me.
Try to focus on the issues, just for the sake of novelty.
FFJ is a puppet for a poster who has been a regular on here. I personally haven't read any posts from that poster in a few years. They are a troll under that name. When the person goes back to their regular name,I will read and reply. They haven't had the guts to so, do yourself a favor and scroll by. You'll just get attacks with no dialogue/debate.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326147 Aug 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Medications which affect implantation are not abortifacients. An abortion, by definition, occurs after implantation.
Medications that are taken or devices used to prevent a pregnancy that CAN affect implantation are in fact abortificants.

This in not new information btw. I am not sure why,I mean we ALL know that women can and do get pregnant while using these medications or devices,so what do people think is going to happen.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326148 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Medications that are taken or devices used to prevent a pregnancy that CAN affect implantation are in fact abortificants.
Abortions end pregnancies. A pregnancy requires implantation.

If an action is taken that prevents implantation, then pregnancy never occurs, and it cannot be an abortion.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326149 Aug 11, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't everyone have religious freedom? Is it for employer's to decide what health care an employee should and should not have? Apparently it is. Problem is, the employer's right to practice his/her religion trumps the employee's right to same, per the Supreme Court. The only targeted group for this religious discrimination in health care is this group called "women". These women must have equal religious freedom or, to hell with it -- our Constitution is meaningless. The solution I suggest is single payer for women only (men are not being targeted). This would ensure religious freedom for every woman in the nation, as well as these crackpot religious nuts like the Hobby Lobby owners. Everybody wins.
""""" Is it for employer's to decide what health care an employee should and should not have?"""" "

Welcome to the 21st century where employers DO decide what health care an employee should or shouldn't have.

Like I've said,we pay over a thousand dollars a month for our insurance and it doesn't pay for MY choice of preventive and alternative health care because they don't agree with it. We have to pay out of our pockets.

Boo freakin hoo for me? I tried that already lol and . I kick and scream and nobody like you cares.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326150 Aug 11, 2014
Thinning the endometrium before implantation isn't abortion. Also, the endometrium can be thinned by many other drugs, or just be the woman's own systemic fluctuations. None of that is an abortion.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
""""one effect of the pill Can be TO CREATE A POOR ENVIRONMENT for IMPLANTATION ....by thinning the endometrial lining.""" ""
Rose,we have been telling you this for many years now. That is why the pill CAN be an abortificant. Women can get pregnant while on the pill or by using the IUD. The IUD is also an abortificant.
*sigh*I don't understand why nobody listens on these forums. We are trying to educate people but many people become so hostile to hearing others thus missing out on alot of facts.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326151 Aug 11, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that, Christians are sinners who are lied to by the abortionists just like everyone else
I agree. But then there are some who are not practicing their beliefs and get sexually involved while not married which goes against God. They find themselves pregnant and freak out. They become bait for the proabortion deception/lies.

Once they abort,nobody is there to pick up the pieces. Their mental and physical state/well being is nobodies concern suddenly. She becomes forgotten about. Their mission is to fight for her right to kill her child-day and night-year after year ONLY.

:( I've seen it wayyy too many times.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326152 Aug 11, 2014
How pathetic is your god that a condom can thwart him, or the use of a pill or an IUD?
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
""""" """"" "AGAIN I JUST READ THIS ...
And yes I know the RCC is against all forms besides NFP ( which does go contrary to the ONLY bible references or laws on the subject ) their Times to have relations were EXACTLY at times,of fertility , if you add in unclean days and days of purification...amazing the medical knowledge God imparted in His,laws ..."""" ""
Yet ANOTHER ex-Catholic who is completely clueless about the religion she rejected.
The RCC is against "artificial" forms of birth control. It is against having sex WHILE blocking Gods opportunity to create a new,unique life from that sex act(which he intended for the procreation of mankind while the woman is fertile). So,NFP does not "go contrary to the ONLY bible reference or law on the subject".
Please,with all due respect,stop deliberately spreading false information. God said to "go and multiply",not "EVERYtime you are fertile you MUST have sex". NFP is refraining from sex "if" for a very important reason,you MUST avoid pregnancy at that time. That includes any sexual activity. NOTHING is wrong with not having sex Rose. The problem is having sex WHILE fertile (which God intended for the opportunity if he wants to create a life)and telling God that you won't stay open for life.
This saddens me that people can be so ignorant in this day and age. Like I've said to other ex-Catholics or anti-God people,at least know what you're rejecting berfore you reject it.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326153 Aug 11, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Should a female employee wish to choose one of the four legal forms of contraceptives, the court found she can if she pays with her own money.
.
<quoted text>No company gifts healthcare to its employees, it is a negotiated benefit, not a gift.
.
<quoted text>They can pay for whatever they want, the law says their employers aren't forced to pay for abortifacients.
.
<quoted text>Those aren't gifts either, holiday pay is mandated by federal law. Now you're learning, the more government regulation of employment, the less significant the citizen.
Joe Biden sponsored the Religious Freedom Restoration Act and Obama selected him as vice president.
.
<quoted text>Take away the tax benefit employers get by providing health care with income sheltered from income tax and give it to employees. I don't dislike women so I can't advocate single payer for them. Obamacare is bad enough as is; delay defund and repeal.
Clearly, you're missing the point. These employees are earning their health benefit. Therefore. they are paying for their health insurance. It's not a gift. It's not a bonus.

An employer should not have the power to deduct coverage from anyone's policy, especially when their motive is based on bogus science. They believe four different contraceptives are abortifacients. They are not. No implantation = no pregnancy to abort.

Don't like single payer? Here's another solution: The employer can compensate for health coverage in cash, and the employee can take the cash and go find a policy that better suits her needs.

What is your solution to separate an employer's religion from an employee's health insurance policy?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326154 Aug 11, 2014
A slut is always someone who has had one more sex partner than you have, or is not as frigid as you are.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a slut in your opinion?
I am sure that we are all on the same page regarding what constitutes a slut.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326155 Aug 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortions end pregnancies. A pregnancy requires implantation.
If an action is taken that prevents implantation, then pregnancy never occurs, and it cannot be an abortion.
Yes,abortion ends pregnancies. THAT is what I am saying.

Obviously if the woman doesn't get pregnant then no abortion can take place.

BUT,women do and can get pregnant while using the pill or IUD and it CAN cause an early abortion during implantation or before even. THAT is what I am saying.

A new life is created at conception. It then travels to the uterus,then it exists the uterus.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326156 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But then there are some who are not practicing their beliefs and get sexually involved while not married which goes against God.
Your religious beliefs are irrelevant to our laws.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326157 Aug 11, 2014
There is NO pregnancy until implantation is successful. Even without the use of pharmaceuticals, the body may still clear out the endometrium in the monthly cycle even if the blastocyte is attaching. Abortofacients by definition cannot do a thing if there is no successful implantation.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Medications that are taken or devices used to prevent a pregnancy that CAN affect implantation are in fact abortificants.
This in not new information btw. I am not sure why,I mean we ALL know that women can and do get pregnant while using these medications or devices,so what do people think is going to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Dix 1,193,085
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 34 min JOEL 71,561
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 2 hr Just Saying 54,548
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr femiguy 51,578
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr TRD 69,137
Do you approve of Jerry Fadgen as Council Member? 10 hr cara 1
Review: Adam Ryan And Levine Inc 16 hr Shane ATL GA 12
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:36 am PST

NBC Sports 4:36AM
Thursday morning one-liners
NBC Sports 5:00 AM
Former Eagle Trent Cole to visit Buccaneers first
NBC Sports10:25 AM
Dolphins re-sign Jason Fox to two-year deal
Bleacher Report11:39 AM
3 Monster DTs Headline Miami's Free-Agency Big Board
Bleacher Report 9:47 PM
Pre-Free-Agency Salary-Cap Update for Miami Dolphins