Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312661 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#323711 Apr 15, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
And the fact that not every act of sexual intercourse results in pregnancy is as relevant to the point that SEX was intended for procreation,
No dear. You're wrong. It is perfectly relevant. As has been explained to you repeatedly, dense, is that if sex were intended for procreation,(the original claim), every sex act would result in pregnancy. What part of that are you not getting?(Oh sorry.... the sex. No pun intended)

Just because you can not grasp the logic does not mean it isn't perfectly logical AND correct.
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
as the fact that not every act of sex is pleasurable is relevant to the fact that SEX was intended for pleasure.
What part of "unilateral pleasure" flew over your head?

No one but YOU said there was NO pleasure in the act.

You are changing NRS point to suit your false premise. Logical FAIL.

Straw man. Now, go ask the wizard for a brain.
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm suggesting that the fact that not all acts of intercourse result in pregnancy in no way at all PROVES that SEX was not intended for procreation.
"NoahRS:

Look who's talking about being ignorant!!

We're talking about sex and sassyjm's claim that G-d's intention for sex was procreation. We're not talking about procreation only idios.

Sex is NOT needed for procreation to occur ya dope."

http://www.topix.com/forum/tv/the-national/T8...

THIS is the argument.

You being so smart and all, why are you pretending he said something else? Why do you need to change NRS original argument?

Why don't you dispute his actual claim???

Sex is NOT NEEDED for procreation.

DO try to focus. It only makes you look stupid or dishonest when you don't stick to the actual argument.
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what's pathetic is being asked to prove your premise that SEX would be a chore if it was intended for procreation, and attempting to prove it by citing scripture.......
Well, I have to agree with you here. Since the bible is a fairy tale, it really can not be used to proved anything at all. Well, I suppose the bible can be used to prove what the bible claims, but not what "god intended" because there is no "god".

SO following *YOUR* "logic", scripture can not be used to prove what a non-existent entity intended, either way. Procreation or pleasure. Chore or not.
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet I had no problem at all tearing your argument to bits..
Oh, sweetie, that is SO precious. DO let us know when you have reached this lofty goal.*eye roll*
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't say much for you now, does it ?

Well, Dearie, FACT is, your delusions say nothing about him. They sure do say a lot about YOU, though.

I am finding it endlessly amusing that you are so busy trying to prove how smart you are, you keep missing the points, and logic, by miles.

NRS is right, it really is pointless addressing you. You are either incapable, or being deliberately obtuse. But thanks SO much for playing along. I love educating women like you. Your thought process is so much like Swiney's its spooky.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323714 Apr 15, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what's pathetic is being asked to prove your premise that SEX would be a chore if it was intended for procreation, and attempting to prove it by citing scripture references to the pain of childbirth and working hard for a living. As if either of those had ANYTHING whatsoever to do with the pleasurability of the SEX act.
Now THAT is pathetic.
One final point here.(and this is how you can tell stupid people who are making sh!t up as they go along, from truly smart people, with well thought out arguments, and FACTS, and the ability to tell a logically valid point from BULLSH!T.)

You JUST SAID that:

1. Being asked to prove a premise that sex would be a chore and using "scripture references" to prove it is "pathetic".

2. AND that NRS used an unrelated bible verse (about child birth and hard work) in an attempt to show that sex would be a chore and not pleasurable if it were only intended for procreation, "As if either of those had ANYTHING whatsoever to do with the pleasurability of the SEX act."

SO......

Where are the bible verses that are against abortion?

WHERE is it your "god" claims that abortion is a "sin?

Or that abortion is "murder"?

Or that birth control is wrong?

I'll wait for your answers, Brainiac.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323715 Apr 15, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is. But Noah would have us believe that if it were for procreation and continuation of the species, it would be a non pleasurable chore.
He has yet to explain why. Though not for lack of trying.
Actually, that is NOT what he said and NO ONE is required to addresses YOUR logical faliures.
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a second. I remember you. You're the one that congratulated him for his brilliance when he made that stupid statement.
DID I "congratulate him? You'll have to cite that post.
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even bother to read what you just blindly applaud ?
LOL. I guess you are just about to find out.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323716 Apr 15, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I think her dose of intelligence comes from when her husband deposits his "seed" inside her. It doesn't only not happen enough, most of it falls out when she jumps out of bed to wash off. Assuming, of course, he has a long enough tool to make a deeper "deposit."
What do you think?? ;-)
I think that poor "common sense" picked the wrong name.

I also think those deposits stopped long ago and the intelligence contained in them was limited. Or perhaps the receptacle is just too defective to process it?? Let's give her credit for her great imagination though! Everybody needs one.
Common Sense

Brooklyn, NY

#323717 Apr 15, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious; from which university did you graduate? i wonder whether they still have a course on mind reading. I may want to enroll, just to take that class. My having a third college degree would not hurt any, especially one that offers mind-reading credentials. Just think how much more effective I would be in court.
<quoted text>
So why is it then that the number of conceptions from sex does not equal the number of times people have sex? G-d made it pleasurable so we would to it? Why didn't he make working pleasurable? I tell you; because of the betrayal of a woman.
<quoted text>
Is not what don't I get, but what don't you get. And the answer is, enough sex. I get more sex than you do, and that's a fact. See, neither my wife, nor I, have a reason to abstain, since we're both surgically incapable of procreating.

Which, brings up a point. If G-d invented sex for procreation; why did he give men the wisdom to medically transform sex into a purely and unadulterated form of pleasure?
Man didn't "transform" sex as you so stupidly put it. The sex act itself remains unchanged. Man only prevented or blocked ( surgically or through barrier or chemical forms of birth control ) the reproductive aspect of sex, for which it was clearly, anatomically and biologically intended.
Why is it your attempts at explaining your absurd premise only serve to refute it ? Are ya senile ? Devoid of any sense ? What ?

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323718 Apr 15, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Man didn't "transform" sex as you so stupidly put it. The sex act itself remains unchanged. Man only prevented or blocked ( surgically or through barrier or chemical forms of birth control ) the reproductive aspect of sex, for which it was clearly, anatomically and biologically intended.
Why is it your attempts at explaining your absurd premise only serve to refute it ? Are ya senile ? Devoid of any sense ? What ?
You seem to be having some difficulty locating that bible scripture about abortion. So, hey, while you are looking, find some that say god says that sex is for procreation, and not for pleasure. STILL waiting......

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323721 Apr 15, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo retard!!!
The reproductive aspect of sex. What remains unchanged, is the pleasure aspect of sex. Given that such remains unchanged, it's axiomatic that sex was primarily intended for pleasure, not for reproduction.
And that's how it's done.

I'm willing to bet "Common" doesn't come back for a while.

:-)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#323722 Apr 15, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Youch! That's got to hurt. Oh well, too bad for the female cat. But it's still got to be pleasurable for the male cat or else why would he do it ? And as Noah so expertly points out, unilateral pleasure is pleasure nonetheless. Thanks.
Ah.

So, from this ^^ I gather you're in favor of the characterization of sex as a 'chore'

("...too bad for the FEMALE cat...")

as long as your OWN gender is able to view it otherwise.

Why am I unsurprised by this?

Next....

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323724 Apr 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
I am not sure where the Law came up with the idea that it is legal to murder a baby?
I suppose some "educated" Judge can convince himself of anything.
With that being said it really takes a cold heart to pull the trigger
Ok.

1. It is against the law to murder a baby.

2. An educated judge knows that women have rights. Thank education and the Founders!!

3. If you see anyone shooting a baby, dial 9-1-1.
twisted logic

Junction City, KS

#323727 Apr 15, 2014

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#323730 Apr 15, 2014
The people of Samaria must bear their guilt,
because they have rebelled against their God.
They will fall by the sword;
their little ones will be dashed to the ground,
their pregnant women ripped open.”[a]

The above is a COMMAND to abort the fetuses of the people of Samaria.

If you have an argument against this command, take it up with the Deity of your choice.

Next....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#323731 Apr 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is perfectly legal to murder a baby, it is call abortion
Women get murdered by abortion, what about the woman's right to life?
Babies are born.

So are their gestators.

Fetuses?

Ah....no.

Next....

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323732 Apr 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no babies involved in abortion.
No women are murdered by abortion.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323733 Apr 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in America. 78% of their clinics are in minority communities. Blacks make up 12% of the population, but 35% of the abortions in America. Are Blacks being targeted? Isn't that genocide? Blacks are the only minority in America that is on the decline in population. If the current trend continues, by 2038 the black vote will be insignificant. Did you know that the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a devout racist who created the Negro Project designed to sterilize unknowing black women and others she deemed as undesirables of society? The founder of Planned Parenthood said, "Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated." Is her vision being fulfilled today?
Bottom line is Pro-abortion people deep down are racists.
That's a lot of bullshit you've posted.

You are not real bright.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#323734 Apr 15, 2014
Fetuses aren't babies, and legal termination is not murder. Words have real meanings--learn them.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#323735 Apr 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in America. 78% of their clinics are in minority communities. Blacks make up 12% of the population, but 35% of the abortions in America. Are Blacks being targeted? Isn't that genocide? Blacks are the only minority in America that is on the decline in population. If the current trend continues, by 2038 the black vote will be insignificant. Did you know that the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a devout racist who created the Negro Project designed to sterilize unknowing black women and others she deemed as undesirables of society? The founder of Planned Parenthood said, "Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated." Is her vision being fulfilled today?
Abortion is legal and as safe as any surgical procedure can be. What Margaret Sanger may or may not have believed or said about anything is irrelevant to the fact that all people have the right to make private and autonomous medical decisions for themselves. Your personal opinion doesn't figure into anyone's reproductive decisions but your own.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#323736 Apr 15, 2014
1) Not all PP's perform abortions.
2) PP's tend to be located where the less-affluent have easier access to them. That's "targeting" only in the sense that it makes no frigging sense to plunk them down in rich neighborhoods.
3) Genocide: another word you don't understand. It's a central plan by an authority to eliminate a portion of a population by force of law. Doesn't describe PP at all.
4) Black women are one of the most likely populations to live in poverty. They often abort because poverty sucks, and having a child they don't want does nothing to help them improve their chances of escaping poverty. On the other hand, many women, regardless of color or economic level, choose not to remain pregnant. Are you saying black women should not have the right to abort.
5) Sanger did NOT say that. It appears nowhere in any of her works. Her work was to help poor women--who were dying early from too many pregnancies and too little healthcare--keep from getting pregnant through contraception. She didn't support abortion.
6) "Pro-abortion people deep down are racists"--totally unsupported by reality.
SevenTee wrote:

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323740 Apr 16, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know you will be charged with DOUBLE murder if you kill a pregnant woman.
A "fetus" is a unborn child my friend.
No actually you won't be charged with double murder if you murder a pregnant woman. You really should stop getting your information from anti choice websites.

Did you know that in states that have fetal homicide laws, abortion is ALWAYS exempt?? Why do you suppose that is??

A fetus is a fetus and a child is a child. A fetus is located inside of and attached to a pregnant woman. A child is not. I am so sorry you are not smart enough to know the difference. Not that what you don't understand matters much to reality, my friend.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323741 Apr 16, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be perfectly capable of explaining away your hard core racist attitudes toward Black people
Where does all the hate come from?
Are you a neo-Nazi?
No one needs to explain away your dumbass delusions.

Where does all that hate come from?

Are you an ignorant hillbilly?

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323745 Apr 16, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sick human being with no compassion for the most innocent children.
Children can survive at 26 weeks, you probably want them slaughtered by abortionists using Partial Birth murder.
Unborn Victims of Violence Act should help you understand your confusion about living human beings.
You are a babbling moron.

Your comments are too asinine to even address. You probably want to beat born children to death with a baseball bat if they are gay or they are on welfare.*eye roll*

Why do you hate women?

Unborn Victims is a federal law you loon. It does not apply in my state. SO NO you will not always be charged with double murder if you kill a woman and a her fetus. Funny that you do not know that. Btw, abortion is ALWAYS exempt. Why do you suppose that is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min TRUMP WINNERS 1,457,237
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Thu TRD 71,227
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Wed zazz 98,265
Review: Dixie Cycle (Jun '09) Nov 23 john Doe 13
News Firefighter hurt in Pompano Beach warehouse fire Nov 11 Busoprtr 1
Review: Travel Options Inc (Sep '11) Nov 8 sharon in Canada 135
News Broward County deputy accused in sex assault of... (Jul '07) Nov 8 fix is in 254

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages