Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
296,841 - 296,860 of 305,078 Comments Last updated 18 min ago
katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you attach a negative to pregnancy in general? I seem to get that from you a lot. You assume the worst,,, and when a woman expects support, you're suddenly accusing her wanting to live in a perfect world that doesn't exist, and that's just never gonna happen. For what? For expecting that? Support from a man that will step up to the plate? You assume hardship, abandonment, no support, being alone (imo), and I'm sorry if I don't see it that way for the most part. Give me stats all you want, but keep in mind, I can give stats to state otherwise.
Because I was one of those pregnant women who figured pregnancy'd be a breeze... and it was. For the first 8 months anyway. And then boom! Preeclampsia. Lost the second pregnancy at 23wks. Third one was high risk from the get-go. Bed rest and threats of hospital stays to achieve a healthy delivery. Fourth one exploded and was near-fatal. Emergency surgery and a week in the hospital. Fifth one nearly killed me and the fetus. Definitely stayed in the hospital -- over the Holidays -- so healthy delivery was achieved. All of these pregnancies wanted, only one of them planned. All babies loved and nurtured.

So keep telling me how I view pregnancy and calling me a negative nelly. You keep acting like pregnancy is a walk in the park for everyone. It'll balance itself out. Most people realize there are always some good and some bad with everything. If there wasn't, what a boring, plastic world this would be.
katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You'd do well to stay within your own boundaries. Me personally,I am addressing truth and what people are saying and doing TODAY,not what they DID years ago. This is an abortion forum and I am here to defend the lives of those who can't defend themselves OR honor the memories of those who died at the hands of their mothers as "choice" as they CONTINUE to fight for the right for more human lives to be killed as choice.
"OR honor the memories of those who died at the hands of their mothers as "choice" as they CONTINUE to fight for the right for more human lives to be killed as choice."

What kind of disconnect from reality is that? Like you said, "You'd do well to stay within your own boundaries."

You are uninvited, JM, if it isn't your pregnancy, your fetus, your baby.
katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Yes,now you got it. That's what I am talking about. You attempt to turn your own personal emotions into a valid reason for supporting killing an innocent human life as choice. It doesn't fly with those who have the ability to think logically.
NICE dodge Katie:)
You have not displayed an ability to think logically yet. Will you begin soon? That'd be a nice change.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I realize that not everyone is the same, but I also stated that the 'risks' I took were the same. I had pretty much the same risks as most women do going into a pregnancy, and at some point near the end, my risks were higher than others.
My personal experiences are very much similar to most, that was my point.
Most?

I don't know...pregnancy experiences seem very individualized. Some women suffer a lot of discomfort and some don't. Some women have easy labor and some don't, etc. One of my pregnancies seemed fairly easy while my second one was very painful for several months.

A coworker's daughter-in-law just went through a very high risk pregnancy because she has kidney disease. Other women endure gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, pre-eclampsia, etc, and some women have no problems at all.
katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>No! I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm a troll, but I do quite well on my own in that department, by myself!
The others that you mentioned, are way too heavily involved on the issue, and they just aren't my style. I've been on here for years, most know my stance. I'm done, but I like playing the part of fifth business, and will still, occasionally put my two cents in.
I've crossed lines, you know it, and I know it. But not once, have I or will I EVER cross a certain line, and that one line that I will never cross has to do with what you decided so long ago, hence my snapping at sassy. As heartless as I may sometimes look, I could never even try to use a woman's decision against her for having an abortion. Especially AFTER the fact. I'd be a hypocrite in stating I'm pro-life, I'm a hypocrite stating I'm pro-choice. I have a lot of gray....and I don't know what the hell category I fall into
Well, perhaps you'd just leave it to the pregnant woman to decide what to do about her pregnancy while you sit on the fence, knowing there's nothing you can do about her decision.

Am I close?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"OR honor the memories of those who died at the hands of their mothers as "choice" as they CONTINUE to fight for the right for more human lives to be killed as choice."
What kind of disconnect from reality is that? Like you said, "You'd do well to stay within your own boundaries."
The fetus/baby maybe yours but you have no "right" to kill their life. Talk about disconnect from reality. Damn!
katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> The fetus/baby maybe yours but you have no "right" to kill their life. Talk about disconnect from reality. Damn!
You must have mistaken the United States of America with Brazil or Nicaragua or Ireland. Those countries have banned abortion because they also tell women, "The fetus/baby maybe yours but you have no 'right' to kill their life."

You see, in the United States of America, pregnant women have the civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy even during pregnancy. This amounts to your basic self-defense if pregnancy becomes a threat to the woman's health/life. Induced abortion is legally and safely provided to women per Roe v Wade. Whether you agree with its morality or not. And that is as it should be.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> It sure does seem like you proabort women are the biggest complainers. Now of course pregnancy is different for many. NOBODY ever said that pregnancy was super easy,but you people act like it is a disease that is killing you.It's ALL negative experiences for you.
It's like you want to paint motherhood/pregnancy as a negative experience to somehow ease your consciences.
Hey,I experienced HORRIBLE pain(with NO pain meds) with my deliveries and Csections,but afterward I held my baby and the memory of those hours disappeared. You people just want to view the experiences as negative all around. You all act like it's a near death experience with EVERY pregnancy you have.
You had no pain meds with your C-sections? Really? I'd sue the doctor, if I were you.

You're such a liar.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Hope your not shopping today. It's clearly still "black friday" to you. LOL.
I am not sure why you think that I shop on black friday OR why if I did,that I'd be hiding it? NOTHING is wrong with shopping on the day after Thanksgiving. You are under the impression that they are getting for black friday ONLY on thanksgiving which is silly. EVEN if they did,that's not "friday" shoppers fault or concern. NOTHING we can do about it. In fact today is still considered"black friday" with their sales.
You are too dumb to comprehend that THANKSGIVING shopping in leiu of spending the day with family and loved ones,is what I think is wrong. NOT "black friday sales" on friday or saturday or sunday.
No, it's not still Black Friday, and no I was not shopping today.

You're still missing the point, that BECAUSE of the success of Black Friday that people now have to work on Thanksgiving, which is the START of the Black Friday sales. You moron.

I'm 100% certain you did, because you raised such a fuss about my criticism of it. Your attempt to backpedal is fooling no one.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
We're mammals; we breed. If you want to attribute some rapturous emotional response to it, fine. Others are free to react to it as they wish.
<quoted text>
If you weren't gay, and I wasn't married already, I believe I'd propose to your brain.

:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>No, I believe it to mean that sometimes life isn't fair. In in those cases,(IMO) life isn't fair, and not many people would blame them for ending their pregnancy due to that situation.
Fetuses conceived in rape? Sucks to be them with the chances they have on surviving! Is it their fault? No... and too bad
My point, albeit sarcastically presented, was that people who give women who've been raped a pass when it comes to abortion, are usually hypocrites of the first order...they claim to be all about 'life', but those fetuses conceived in rape are just as human as the ones conceived in mutual horniness, or boundless joy, or both. What they're saying is that women who consent to sex, but not to pregnancy, should be punished with obligatory gestation, and women who 'had no choice' in getting pregnant because they were raped, should be allowed to kill their 'pre-born child in utero' or whatever the hell the freakin' hypocrites call it. The only reason they're okay with abortion in cases of rape, is because they figure the woman has already been punished for having sex. The fetus is irrelevant - it's all about control.

They make me gag worse than the ones who are against it under any circumstances whatsoever - at least THOSE folks are consistent.

Just sayin.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Playa honey,can't you pay attention for once without jumping down my throat? I was referring to proabort women who spend their every day on abortion forums fighting for the right to kill their child or anothers. THIS shows a woman who has no respect for human life ESPECIALLY her own.
Btw...MOST proabort friends of yours agree/support restricting a womans immoral right to abort after the first trimester. THEY also want to strip you women from your so called "bodily/medical autonomy".
You're A-OK with that though,aren't you ;)
Look, you - I'm aware that you have this idiotic bit in your teeth, and you're determined to run with it until your furry little legs fall off, but you're not getting any traction with me.

The only thing jumping down your throat, fool, is your hairy foot.
Choke on it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Umm...Miss "I am a real woman because I make homemade crafts for people", you STILL had to purchase your supplies from a store silly. Unless of course you are a Genie and blinked up those supplies?
Not the ''REAL'' woman that you THOUGHT you were,now ARE you?
LOL
I grew most of my 'supplies' in my vegetable garden, and on my fruit trees, hon. Did a lot of canning this summer, and will be giving out much of it as gifts this year.
(I did buy jars and lids, but not in a brick-and-mortar store... I shop online, so I don't have to frotz with crowds.

Shop smarter, not harder.
Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Alrighty, then. So why did you name names in an earlier post? That wasn't too cool.
I know, right? I let that person whose name miss thang threw out there so casually, know what was up, as well.

Pretty sure you did too.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes, for shits-n-giggles, I imagine that bitch howling at the moon in frustration that she can't do a damn thing to prevent a single solitary abortion.

What she doesn't want to realize, is that it's folks like her

(who want to keep women away from contraception, ensure we are dependent on a man for our support, and oblige us to submit to the ancient notion that all women consider baby-making a necessary experience)

whose opinions have the potential to make it more likely that women will abort their pregnancies, due to starry-eyed youth, lack of contraception, and shattered faith in men...who've been touted as the answer to every girl's prayers.

And they never EVER seem to question what men are supposed to do for sex, when all women refuse to get it on unless they want a kid.

They REALLY need to be more careful what they wish for...

I think they're hilarious.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most?
I don't know...pregnancy experiences seem very individualized. Some women suffer a lot of discomfort and some don't. Some women have easy labor and some don't, etc. One of my pregnancies seemed fairly easy while my second one was very painful for several months.
A coworker's daughter-in-law just went through a very high risk pregnancy because she has kidney disease. Other women endure gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, pre-eclampsia, etc, and some women have no problems at all.
Somehow, I don't think women who prattle on about how pregnancy is a one-size-fits-all bliss-fest because *theirs* was, have ever been pregnant.

Personally, I tend to believe they're barren, mostly 55-and-overs, who've moonily dreamed for 30 years about what it would be like to be pregnant, so are bitterly antagonistic toward women who 'waste their pregnancy' by aborting it, for WHATEVER reason. Lippy is a prime example of this...not sure about RCH. She seems to be somewhat pro-choice, some days...

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Alrighty, then. So why did you name names in an earlier post? That wasn't too cool.
What names? huh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I was one of those pregnant women who figured pregnancy'd be a breeze... and it was. For the first 8 months anyway. And then boom! Preeclampsia. Lost the second pregnancy at 23wks. Third one was high risk from the get-go. Bed rest and threats of hospital stays to achieve a healthy delivery. Fourth one exploded and was near-fatal. Emergency surgery and a week in the hospital. Fifth one nearly killed me and the fetus. Definitely stayed in the hospital -- over the Holidays -- so healthy delivery was achieved. All of these pregnancies wanted, only one of them planned. All babies loved and nurtured.
So keep telling me how I view pregnancy and calling me a negative nelly. You keep acting like pregnancy is a walk in the park for everyone. It'll balance itself out. Most people realize there are always some good and some bad with everything. If there wasn't, what a boring, plastic world this would be.
Ummm my post if memory serves, was mostly about a man stepping up to the plate when the baby is born. Hardships of raising a child. Man's involvement. No he can't be the one having the child. Duh! But he can at least step up to the plate and be accountable for his actions after the fact.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

K, pregnancy stories aside. They suck, they're great, they gave me owies big time, it was a breeze,,, whatever.

It's after the Baby is born. AFTER! If a man doesn't step up to the plate, he's not a man in my books. Period!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you attach a negative to pregnancy in general? I seem to get that from you a lot. You assume the worst,,, and when a woman expects support, you're suddenly accusing her wanting to live in a perfect world that doesn't exist, and that's just never gonna happen. For what? For expecting that? Support from a man that will step up to the plate? You assume hardship, abandonment, no support, being alone (imo), and I'm sorry if I don't see it that way for the most part. Give me stats all you want, but keep in mind, I can give stats to state otherwise.
I can see why you would think this is in regards to pregnancy, but what I meant was what happens after. Support as in financially, and emotionally after the baby is born.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pompano Beach Forum right now

Search the Pompano Beach Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min DBWriter 1,079,129
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min SpaceBlues 45,773
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr voice of peace 67,899
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Frijoles 68,368
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 8 hr Children should be loved 96,315
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 10 hr ish 2,387
Review: Travel Options Inc (Sep '11) 23 hr Pennsylvania 120
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pompano Beach People Search