Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#316496 Nov 24, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello G.
I hope all is well with Foo, too. And any of the others who have been absent for awhile.
G, I was at my local Walgreen's yesterday and they also had a sign stating the store would be open 24 hours on Thanksgiving day. 24 hours!!
Methinks eventually Thanksgiving will go the way of the dinosaurs.
If you are interested, Time.com has a plethora of stories and opinion articles on the whole subject. According to one article (heavy on stats) Black Friday is dying a slow death because of the stores being open on T-day and the Christmas sales starting earlier and earlier.
Ha! Retailers are killing their own "holiday"!!
While many others are wearing their credit cards thin I'm going to be on the trails running my dinner off.
Have a peaceful Sunday, G.
It seems we are our worst enemies.

I remember when many /most stores were closed on Sunday, but no longer. I talked to the owner of a large groc. Store, and he started opening on sun about 15 years ago. He said he had to, since other stores did near his, but again if those stores were closed, people would buy more on mon. Plus people could spend more time with family, but honestly I'm not sure many people even care anymore, as long as they can buy what they want, when they want :(

The auto parts store thingy is truly sad to me. I'm sure the folks that work there hate that sign they see everday.

Autozone closed early one time for a holiday, but I can't remember which one. It was one hour early, and the guy inside said he would just like them to come slap his face instead. Funny /not funny (:(

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#316497 Nov 24, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>It was national news.
Yes, it was. And I thought it was ridiculous at the time, until I realized it wouldn't stop even one person from drowning themselves in soda :)

Combine that with the gov't deciding that pizza constitutes a "vegetable" for the purposes of school lunch, and a person has to shake their head at the sheer stupidity.

Of course, the whole point was the other poster assuming a political position for every pro-choice person here based only UPON our pro-choice position. He made an ass out of himself, and when I pointed that out, by letting him know my TRUE position on some of those, instead of admitting he was wrong, he nitpicked at the soda issue.

Like I said earlier, thank the Divine he's on the other side of the debate, so I don't have to experience contact embarrassment :)

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#316498 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I've only been married once, and still am "by God's grace, and wife's grace ",but my social standing shouldn't be hurt at all, if those "social "people actually believed in their heart, what they say they do with there mouth.
Example -sin is just self indulged nonsense, and that all morals are up to each individual person. Now since many don't believe in God, nor His word, and believe all can do as they please in this life, them why would those people "like you " have any issue with my affair??
Hypocritical much??:)
Do I have this correct, you had and affair that resulted in a pregnancy??? AND you have the audacity to post this:
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Many reasons a pregnancy can make life tough, so they shouldn't get pregnant.
You failed to keep your dick in your pants outside of your marriage but she.....shouldn't get pregnant????????

WOW....thats all I can say, except for, YOU are real fcking lucky any woman would stand by you.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#316499 Nov 24, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Mr. K, so nice to see you.
We were on the same track here, but as always you were so much more eloquent.
And a very "Good Evening" to you "Milady Moon!"
Yes, it's always a pleasure to "see" you too!
Regarding my reply to our mutual friend, "Sassafrass," I was simply attempting to highlight her penchant for stating her opinions as though they are irrefutable fact, and to present her with the sort of "absolutist" choices she feels she can present to make her case that, "Anyone who believes in any sort of restrictions with regards to the subject of abortion can't possibly be genuinely "Pro-Choice."

Location hidden

#316500 Nov 24, 2013
Whoops!
"Double-click" results in "Double-Post!"

Sorry!

:(

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#316501 Nov 24, 2013
Morgana McUninformed wrote:
<quoted text>In a nutshell you're a mental wreck Morgana,your parents should have taken YOUR current advice and aborted YOU. From the second you slithered out of your maternal prison, you have hated this world. Your life's goal is to insure that NO babies get to make it out alive. Your woeful education/indoctrination courtesy of the public school system has sure done it's job. Basically if there was a law to abort all libtards, I would THEN be pro-choice, until then I still respect a babies right TO NOT BE BUTCHERED.I'm done with you Morgana in WW2 the gi's would call you FUBAR, go Google it monster.
I think you answered the wrong post, gonk.

I'm not Morgana9

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#316502 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I've only been married once, and still am "by God's grace, and wife's grace ",but my social standing shouldn't be hurt at all, if those "social "people actually believed in their heart, what they say they do with there mouth.
Example -sin is just self indulged nonsense, and that all morals are up to each individual person. Now since many don't believe in God, nor His word, and believe all can do as they please in this life, them why would those people "like you " have any issue with my affair??
Hypocritical much??:)
Where did I mention 'sin' as related to your affair?

Your wife risked sexually transmitted disease from your wandering willie, not to mention the fact that you shit all over your marriage vows.

And you still haven't answered my question: How did your affair threaten your life?

I doubt you will, mainly because you can't.
Gtown71

United States

#316503 Nov 24, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I have this correct, you had and affair that resulted in a pregnancy??? AND you have the audacity to post this:
<quoted text>
You failed to keep your dick in your pants outside of your marriage but she.....shouldn't get pregnant????????
WOW....thats all I can say, except for, YOU are real fcking lucky any woman would stand by you.
Yes, when I have time I'll tell you all about it, since I know many here want to hear it again :)

The deal is having an abortion wouldn't fix my problems no more then it fixes the problem's with those who have them now.

To me, and this is a sad attempt at explaining, but abortion for many, is the same as a guy who has drug issues and causes many issues, but instead of telling him it's time to really look at his life, and what he's doing, we tell him no big deal, all is legally good, so keep on trucking.

I was the only one who said the child should be kept, instead of aborted, but I can only give credit to God for that, since I had just got saved, and before that I to was for abortion.

People can legally do many things, from abortion to divorce, only to find themselves needing another divorce, or abortion later on.

It's simple to me "now" -we are sinful, and although there may be things you may have never done or thought, there's still plenty you have done or thought, that others find very offensive.

It's not about being religious, it's about a personal knowledge, and relationship with our creator that makes a difference, not only here but for eternity)
Gtown71

United States

#316504 Nov 24, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You said "they shouldn't get pregnant". There is one more way a woman can avoid pregnancy Gtown and I understand why you can't say it because you failed to do it yourself. You should have kept your d*ck in your pants. But you didn't did you?
Why would any woman want to get pregnant, if she knew there's no way she would want a baby?
Gtown71

United States

#316505 Nov 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Where did I mention 'sin' as related to your affair?

As far as marriage vows? Who cares ,since its all objective right?
Your wife risked sexually transmitted disease from your wandering willie, not to mention the fact that you shit all over your marriage vows.
And you still haven't answered my question: How did your affair threaten your life?
I doubt you will, mainly because you can't.
Thanks for the note from the counter of the obvious :)
As far as my life being threatened, well lets see it could have came from disease as you pointed out, it could've came from a scorned wife, or scored husband, or scorned lover.

I know what you're trying to do, which is say women's life can be threatened by pregnancy, and yes it "can", but you know full well most of the 3000 abortions done daily, are done just becouse, and has nothing to do with life threatening.
Well atleast to the "mother", since we know what happens to life of the child, which is way more than threatening.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#316506 Nov 24, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I'm curious what Wal Marts sales will be this Black Friday after the story came out about them having a food drive for their own employees.
Yeah, and it wasn't management donating the food...Wal-Mart asked low-wage employees to donate to other low-wage employees. What a bunch of clueless jackasses.

Location hidden

#316507 Nov 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? it is legal in all states.
Good evening "Ink!"

Always a pleasure to "see" you my friend!

I believe that what "Cpeter" and others are referring to, is not the fact that Roe-V-Wade has made abortion the irrefutable "Law-of-the-Land," but that there are a great many State legislators and judiciaries who are going out of their way to pass "State" laws that will make it as difficult as possible for woman to obtain an abortion should she choose to have one.
The latest "dust-up" has been in Texas, where the Supreme Court has refused to intervene in that state's decision to make abortions as unattainable as they can by surreptitiously inserting all sorts of nonsensical requirements under the guise of, "protecting the patients..."
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/magnolia/news/...
They're not the slightest bit interested protecting the women seeking that procedure, they're using this as a tactic to block women from access to that procedure to "protect the unborn."

This is what folks on the PC side of the aisle worry about; not that Roe will be overturned any time in the foreseeable future, but that efforts such as this, state-by-state, that have a majority of voters who're PL, will do their best to make it illegal at the local level.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#316508 Nov 24, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It almost resulted in an abortion but she changed her mind in the final hours (how dramatic eh?). He takes credit for the abortion being cancelled too.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#316509 Nov 24, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that something?
Yeah....the compassion of billionaires. You low paid employees should support each other....we billionaires are strapped for cash.
The only people who can stop this insanity is us. Boycott the holidays. Find creative ways of celebrating, I know I am, simply to stick it to them :)
http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/23/news/companie...

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#316510 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, when I have time I'll tell you all about it, since I know many here want to hear it again :)
The deal is having an abortion wouldn't fix my problems no more then it fixes the problem's with those who have them now.
To me, and this is a sad attempt at explaining, but abortion for many, is the same as a guy who has drug issues and causes many issues, but instead of telling him it's time to really look at his life, and what he's doing, we tell him no big deal, all is legally good, so keep on trucking.
I was the only one who said the child should be kept, instead of aborted, but I can only give credit to God for that, since I had just got saved, and before that I to was for abortion.
People can legally do many things, from abortion to divorce, only to find themselves needing another divorce, or abortion later on.
It's simple to me "now" -we are sinful, and although there may be things you may have never done or thought, there's still plenty you have done or thought, that others find very offensive.
It's not about being religious, it's about a personal knowledge, and relationship with our creator that makes a difference, not only here but for eternity)
Let me tell you something...abortion would not fix YOUR problem because you do not carry the pregnancy nor do you carry any medical risk. YOU have nothing to worry about...nothing. Abortion fixes many problems for those who have medical issues, for those who have been raped, for those who are incapable of raising a child on their own, for those who will struggle through life with no support systems or help. WHO are YOU to say? YOU will never be in those POSITIONS. AND you really don't care about those who are in those positions. YOU feel that YOUR religious beliefs should trump all.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#316511 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would any woman want to get pregnant, if she knew there's no way she would want a baby?
Ask the mistress. She obviously didn't want to get pregnant.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#316512 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems we are our worst enemies.
I remember when many /most stores were closed on Sunday, but no longer. I talked to the owner of a large groc. Store, and he started opening on sun about 15 years ago. He said he had to, since other stores did near his, but again if those stores were closed, people would buy more on mon. Plus people could spend more time with family, but honestly I'm not sure many people even care anymore, as long as they can buy what they want, when they want :(
The auto parts store thingy is truly sad to me. I'm sure the folks that work there hate that sign they see everday.
Autozone closed early one time for a holiday, but I can't remember which one. It was one hour early, and the guy inside said he would just like them to come slap his face instead. Funny /not funny (:(
It is sad...and now we can be taking care of business 24/7. We can be talking to Jake from State Farm at 3 in the morning instead of sleeping in bed.

And people wonder why they're stressed.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#316513 Nov 24, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
And a very "Good Evening" to you "Milady Moon!"
Yes, it's always a pleasure to "see" you too!
Regarding my reply to our mutual friend, "Sassafrass," I was simply attempting to highlight her penchant for stating her opinions as though they are irrefutable fact, and to present her with the sort of "absolutist" choices she feels she can present to make her case that, "Anyone who believes in any sort of restrictions with regards to the subject of abortion can't possibly be genuinely "Pro-Choice."
I expect if we all said "no restrictions...abortions should be available right up to seconds before birth" Sassy think that's even worse. She should be happy some people are fine with restrictions...but it's just another point to argue.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#316514 Nov 24, 2013
Because a-holes keep passing unnecessary laws intended to impede access to legal abortions. Are you being intentionally idiotic, or do you have no choice in the matter?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? it is legal in all states.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#316515 Nov 24, 2013
Proving once again that PLM zombies don't object to abortion as long as THEY get to decide which abortions take place.

Frigging hypocrite.
Morgana McUninformed wrote:
<quoted text>In a nutshell you're a mental wreck Morgana,your parents should have taken YOUR current advice and aborted YOU. From the second you slithered out of your maternal prison, you have hated this world. Your life's goal is to insure that NO babies get to make it out alive. Your woeful education/indoctrination courtesy of the public school system has sure done it's job. Basically if there was a law to abort all libtards, I would THEN be pro-choice, until then I still respect a babies right TO NOT BE BUTCHERED.I'm done with you Morgana in WW2 the gi's would call you FUBAR, go Google it monster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,406,135
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min mdbuilder 60,668
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 70,844
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 12 hr zazz 98,132
Hillary clinton IRS investigation Thu Norman VN 1
Review: Allure Party Rentals Wed kellyfile 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Coral Springs (Dec '15) Wed mrsjonesdmd 53

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages