Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311326 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#315451 Nov 11, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
The victims of evil don't get to choose.
There was only one who could have stopped the evil done to Him, but yet chose to allow them to treat Him very cruelly and kill Him. So that we could live.
life isn't fair and never will be.

Glad to see, that you know evil is real.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315452 Nov 11, 2013
Did you have a relevant argument?

We KNOW you can't differentiate between pregnancy and born individuals, but it should be obvious. Birth is when YOU stop giving a damn. Only the fetus is important.

BTW...a woman CAN find someone to terminate an unwanted pregnancy if she looks hard enough. It may not be legal, but you're the twit who brought up Susan Smith. Most women don't wait for the third triMester to electively abort.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Pregnancy is 9 months dear. In the realm of things,it is short. Who cares anyway?
"""Each woman decides what the appropriate length of her own pregnancy is""""
If she wants to,she can decide the "appropriate" length of their life span after birth as well. Depends on when or if she decides to not kill them. Ask Susan Smith to explain for you. She personally chose to wait til one was like 4 yrs old,while the other was only alloted 2 yrs on earth. YOUR point?
Oh,and guess what Peteyboy? I can't decide the appropriate length of time my pregnancy is. See,if I tell my Dr that I want my baby delivered at 6 months,he won't do it. He can't do it.
Oh,and guess what else honeybun? A woman can't decide the appropriate length of time for her pregnancy *electively* after her restrictions.
Ut uh!
Gtown71

United States

#315453 Nov 11, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
The word hell is not in the original bible.
Facts remain your enemy.
Well please show me this original bible you keep talking about.

God used to be my enemy, but no longer, so facts isn't that big of a deal in the scale of things.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#315454 Nov 11, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay it's a human fetus. One of us just waiting to be born.
Babies do not really belong to us.
They are His.

Indianapolis

#315455 Nov 11, 2013
They aren't in denial. They don't regard the fetus the way you do, and don't have to.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Honey,I don't need to read their stories to know that they are either still in denial(most likely)as a coping mechanism,or they are just so turned over to evil that they don't know right from wrong anymore.
It's painful for women to make the choice. WHAT'S that say? something is not "right" in that "right" to kill their child as choice. MANY on your side that support abortion "rights" even agree with no elective abortion after the first trimester. WHAT'S that say to you?
It's a very emotional,painful place to be when you come to reality,..out of that world of denial. These women suffer something fierce and I find it very sad that you don't care about THOSE women after the fact. Thank God,literally,that they have a loving,forgiving God who will heal them and be with them thru that journey back to sanity and mental/emotional health.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#315456 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You poor little girl. WHY did you get married Ocean? WHO forced you?
Just because someone wronged you in life doesn't mean that the rest of us married couples give up our "freedom" or become a "guys UNPAID housekeeper".
We as married couples become ONE. We still maintain our individuality but we do things as a couple. When we become moms,our priorities shift but it doesn't mean that we lose our identity. In fact,in a marriage,that love grows.
Again,I am sorry that you got treated life a low life,second class citizen by some man. NOBODY forced you to marry this man,did they?
Well,you are single now for years. Why are you so bitter still?
Why was I thinking your husband left you? Must be thinking of someone else I guess.

Indianapolis

#315457 Nov 11, 2013
You've never owned a cat, have you? They leave...souvenirs.
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Why would one posesss a rat's ass to give, anyway?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315458 Nov 11, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "Ink!"
Well, quite a few folks would demand to know why you feel perfectly comfortable taking the words of the New Testament literally, without the need to question, but don't consider the "whole Bible" to be as infallible.
You've said you believe--without question--the existence of Jesus, and that the "miracles" attributed to him were true events that took place as they're described.
As a non-believer, "Ink," I need to understand why you'll accept that with practically no question, but won't give equal credence to, say, the Book of Job.
Indeed I agree that we ought to take into consideration who wrote what, why and, most importantly, when...
As you yourself have pointed out, customs were far different back then and many don't really seem to apply to our civilization of today.
Since you bring them up, what is your opinion of the "lost" Gospels?
I don't take all of the NT literal either because just as I believe the OT was written in a way to create, bolster, unify and control a civilization, I believe that many of the manuscripts written about Jesus was to portray each writer's personal images of Christ. I do have a lot of faith in the authenticity of the man because so much of what is written about him is so similar even though biased.

I think that much if not most of the happenings in the OT really did take place but not exactly as described, but described in a fashion that could be understood at the time.

I think the 'new gospels' are facinating. They say they have discovered pieces of about fifty different ones. Some they found buried with bodies and some seem to be hidden from the Roman Christian heirarchy who weren't interested in any gnostic beliefs.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#315459 Nov 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no good explaination to some things.
Or better -no one can explain spiritual things in the flesh.
I used to ask my wife what it meant to be saved? She never could explain in a way I could comprehend.
Only after I was saved did I "get it".
The Catholic doctrine of the Incarnation,
Passion, Death and Resurrection of our
Lord Jesus Christ; and the personal union
of the two Natures, the divine Maternity of
the most holy Mary, together with her most
spotless Virginity;

Location hidden

#315460 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Gotcha.....
If you are against abortion completely,you are a fundie,but if you a contradicting proabort,you are not.
Where does religion fit into this scenerio,bigot?
""""" Now,let go of my leg,please""" """
Typical Elise response when she can't handle a rebuttal.
You are totally against allowing an abortion for rape and incest and life and health of the mother? Not all of the PL'ers are so what are you when you don't refer to them as a contradicting PLer?
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#315461 Nov 11, 2013
The true, real and substantial
Presence of the Body and Blood,
together with the Soul and Divinity
of our Lord Jesus Christ, in the
most holy Sacrament of the Eucharist;

Indianapolis

#315462 Nov 11, 2013
For many, religion/god is the new addiction that replaces the old addiction.
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree 100%!
However, I'd prefaced my reply to "Gtown" that others who'd claimed to have been "Saved" went through the same thing he did.
Some people feel a need for an external force/God to help them get over the roughest moments of their lives, some people don't.
Good to "see" you "Elise."
How've you been?
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#315463 Nov 11, 2013
The seven Sacraments instituted
by Jesus Christ for the salvation
of mankind; that is to say, Baptism,
Confirmation, Eucharist, Penance,
Extreme Unction, Holy Orders,
Matrimony;

Indianapolis

#315464 Nov 11, 2013
Then let him gestate them. Isn't that why he made storks?
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
They are His.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#315465 Nov 11, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You believe that abortion evil. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. Even you must understand that many, many people do not believe that abortion is wrong, much less evil, which is a concept flung around by fundies for anything that they don't happen to agree with. I was once called evil because I do hospice nursing.
She's such a drama queen. I notice she didn't address the actual point of my post.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315466 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>MOST abortion supporters(so called PRO-CHOICE)think that abortion is wrong after first trimester. They are ANTI-CHOICE after viability. They are ANTI-ABORTION after the first trimester. They agree with restricting a womans rights to kill her child.
Abortion DELIBERATELY kills a humans life because mom doesn't want to mother her child. If you think that killing your own was not evil,I am not surprised. It's your coping mechanism.
LMAO! You're back to this again? How many times do we have to point out that everything in our society has restrictions and limits?

Location hidden

#315467 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for proving my point Katie. If a so called pro-choice person is morally against the "right" of a woman to electively abort after the first trimester,then she is not pro-choice. She is pro-abortion in the first trimester but certainly NOT pro-choice.
Stop with your games Katie. Either one SUPPORTS a womans right to legally kill(abort)her unwanted fetus or she doesn't. It's ALL about abortion. THAT'S the topic. THAT'S the 'choices' that we are discussing.
Stop being a coward already. Why are you people so afraid to admit that you support THAT specific choice? That you would offer to drive and sit with a friend if they asked you to for the abortion.
See,I am against abortion and therefore,I would never drive or sit with a friend if they asked me to.
It's o.k to be "morally" conflicted. Nothing wrong with that.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#315468 Nov 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well please show me this original bible you keep talking about.
God used to be my enemy, but no longer, so facts isn't that big of a deal in the scale of things.
Only after you show me a bible signed by "god".

Seriously though... Do your own research you lazy religitard. Look at the history of the word. Look at the bible! It's too bad your religion has distorted Hebrew, Greek and Norse culture so much.

Sheol isn't your xstian lie of hell
Gehenna isn't your xstian lie of hell
Tartarus isn't your xstian lie of hell
Hades certainly isn't your xstian lie of
Lastly,
Hel is certainly not your xstian lie of hell

Let us know when you can face facts.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#315469 Nov 11, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
They are His.
So your god is an absentee dad, great!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315470 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Your opinion is irrelevent. Can't you disagree with someone without calling them liars?
She is mocking God/Christ. She does it constantly. She is angry as are you.
Bottom line,someone might disagree with God/Christ or be confused,but they don't need to exhibit such disrespect and intolerance towards another beliefs.
The angry one on here seems to be you...and it's just as obvious when you try to cover it up with your gagging thing and your prolific use of sarcastic terms of endearment and referring to yourself in the 3rd person.

Telling everyone who disagrees with you that they're angry and miserable goes back to your need to feel superior and smug.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min Cheftell 70,711
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Sadly 1,394,834
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Into The Night 60,035
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 56 min zazz 98,081
Trick Opmin Ucweb Celcom Maxis Malaysia (Apr '12) Fri jyps 9
Review: I Love Kickboxing Fri Betty 7
Review: Half Price Kitchen Bath & Granite (Aug '12) Fri Half Price 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages