Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311487 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Spanaway, WA

#315068 Nov 8, 2013
Junket wrote:
Ink, there's no way to read those verses and think to self - women are not subservient, 2nd class citizens. Absolutely not! I mean what woman in their right mind would not want to be considered property by virtue of a father handing over his daughter to another man in holy matrimony? While it's fallen out of modern use, the bride often vowed to obey much like a good dog.
{Waves to Katie and Bitner.}
Hi AJ :)

According to a Catholic article I just read, America has moved away from patriarchy (not sure I believe that, though)... but it would do well to get itself right back into it, don'tcha know? With patriarchy comes virginity and chastity, the sacrifice of celibacy. All good sexual morals, y'know? It's an interesting read.

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/mar...
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#315069 Nov 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Bitner!:::waving to Junket too:::
Absolutely; those biblical verses definitely put women below men, treating them as 2nd class citizens.
What's hilarious is watching Inky and Sassy trying to outdo each other in trying to CON us into believing these verses don't put women in a subservient status. Next thing you know, either Sassy or Inky will say something really stupid; like "submission and subservience are 'good' for women." @@
According to the article I just posted, it appears the worshipers are being spoon fed that man and woman are equal... provided they follow the patriarchal marriage. It's that whole concept of man coming from God, woman from man, man from woman through birth.

Totally circular logic and therefore illogical. But that *is* what they're being taught. Just in time for a new generation of young women to be told their priorities and goals for life.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#315070 Nov 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
(Waves to Junket)
You're right, there is no way that those verses do not place women below men.
Darn your reading comprehension, Bitner, AJ's, too! No spoon feeding either of you!
:)

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#315071 Nov 8, 2013
Greetings Ocean!

Katie, it's a whole new ballgame with the current generation. Divorce is a piece of a paper, much like getting married. Seems to not mean much and exchanging vows is like pledging allegiance to the flag. Seems by rote - words that mean nothing iow.

What I don't get, and never will, is why women can never win. If they stay at home - lazy. If they work and place child(ren) in day care - selfish.

It's not right. Women should support other women regarding personal choices. We've come a long way baby, but we have a long way to go.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315072 Nov 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no doubt sASSY and Inky really do believe this backward nonsense. It truly boggles the mind what religious brainwashing, usually done from early childhood onward, can do to women. I'm just glad I spared myself from that insanity by rejecting all of it a couple of decades ago.
Please tell me what would improve my life if I adopted your views.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315073 Nov 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, if someone is not exactly like them, they have to believe that something dreadful happened in their past to make them different (and wrong, in their eyes), and that they suffer for being "different".
Not at all but on here you all tend to be angry, frustrated and man hating. Not one of you has anyhing nice to say about children or men. Some lifeexperience has created that attitude.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315074 Nov 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your inability to comprehend the FACT Morgana quoted YOUR words is allowing you to lie without your permission. Rather, let's say it this way, with circular logic.
Your inability to comprehend the FACT Morgana quoted YOUR words is allowing you to lie without your comprehension.
Better?
<rolls eyes>
She quoted the Bible first and we were all responding to that.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315075 Nov 8, 2013
Junket wrote:
Ink, there's no way to read those verses and think to self - women are not subservient, 2nd class citizens. Absolutely not! I mean what woman in their right mind would not want to be considered property by virtue of a father handing over his daughter to another man in holy matrimony? While it's fallen out of modern use, the bride often vowed to obey much like a good dog.
{Waves to Katie and Bitner.}
For the millionth time that was the culture back then and parent lineages and family structure was very important. Men were expected to care for wives and children unlike today. You can set up any rules you want in your own house and are not bound by 2,000 year old Jewish laws.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315076 Nov 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
How do words in a book transcend time?
Too bad there isn't a shred of evidence to support what you believe jesus said. You might have a leg to stand on.
Many things

The Ten Commandments still work.

The importance of love.

Looking in the mirror before judging others.

The wrong in being in a position to make onerous rules for others that you, yourself don't have to live by.

Generousity and giving of self.

Not envying others.

That's just a start.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315077 Nov 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it is, within the bounds of the Catholic Church, at least. Of course you'd prefer that the women you're trying to CON with this nonsense not know just HOW patriarchal it really is until they're tricked into joining. Too bad.
I know exactly how patriarchal this toxic institution is. That's why I kicked all of it to the curb 25+ years ago, and the unwanted baggage of all gods, religions and churches while I was at it.
It's wonderful how much freedom a woman has when she ISN'T mentally chained by a regressive and oppressive religious institution.
I live in the USA and I don't see it as a patrichial society.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315078 Nov 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all but on here you all tend to be angry, frustrated and man hating. Not one of you has anyhing nice to say about children or men. Some lifeexperience has created that attitude.
You've still go the lying virus, I see.

Many times I've said nice things about my husband, my children, my in-laws, my grandchildren, I've never displayed "man hating". My "attitude" is not what you want to claim it is.

Why do you lie so much?

And thank you, once again, for proving a point I've made.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315079 Nov 8, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
If from this:<quoted text> you get anything but "Man rules women" and "women are screwed" You're an idiot.
Seems pretty self-explanatory to me.
You left out a lot but that is fine. Leave it as you want it to read.

But even if you want to have it your way, remember that those are the words of one man and he wasn't Christ.

I think he was trying to bring some order to a disordered bunch.

Anyway I know where my life is and I can understand that those words of Paul don't affect anybody's life today.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315080 Nov 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You've still go the lying virus, I see.
Many times I've said nice things about my husband, my children, my in-laws, my grandchildren, I've never displayed "man hating". My "attitude" is not what you want to claim it is.
Why do you lie so much?
And thank you, once again, for proving a point I've made.
You weren't the one on here for the last several days talking about the woman hating Bible but as usual you but in and now it's all about you. Give me a break.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#315081 Nov 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Many things
The Ten Commandments still work.
The importance of love.
Looking in the mirror before judging others.
The wrong in being in a position to make onerous rules for others that you, yourself don't have to live by.
Generousity and giving of self.
Not envying others.
That's just a start.
I'd love to hear how anything you just posted transcends time.

The 10 commandments still work? How so and what do you mean "work"? Do you refrain from coveting your neighbors Ox or Donkey?

Breaking the "thou shalt not commit adultery" worked for Gtown. In that instance, violating one of the commandments made his life better.

Honor thy mother and father? Yeah, i'm sure those who were sexually & physically abused by a parent need to adhere to that.

Ink

Havertown, PA

#315082 Nov 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi AJ :)
According to a Catholic article I just read, America has moved away from patriarchy (not sure I believe that, though)... but it would do well to get itself right back into it, don'tcha know? With patriarchy comes virginity and chastity, the sacrifice of celibacy. All good sexual morals, y'know? It's an interesting read.
http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/mar...
You get good news and still complain.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#315083 Nov 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She quoted the Bible first and we were all responding to that.
So?

What's that got to do with JM chastising somebody about misrepresenting what another says? She did that just after she chastised Morgana for YOUR words. Why won't you admit to JM those were your words, Ink?

JM says Morgana was incorrect. Since Morgana quoted your words, JM says YOU are incorrect. Why don't you deal with her about this? Why keep digging in your heels and misrepresenting what Morgana did?

Your inability to act on this, along with your willingness to distract about posted bible verses does nothing but highlight YOUR deceit.

Or hadn't you noticed?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315084 Nov 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Bitner!:::waving to Junket too:::
Absolutely; those biblical verses definitely put women below men, treating them as 2nd class citizens.
What's hilarious is watching Inky and Sassy trying to outdo each other in trying to CON us into believing these verses don't put women in a subservient status. Next thing you know, either Sassy or Inky will say something really stupid; like "submission and subservience are 'good' for women." @@
Wh do you assume that if you had a husband, you would have to live by 2,000 year old Jewish rules? Can't you come into modernity with everyone else?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315085 Nov 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love to hear how anything you just posted transcends time.
The 10 commandments still work? How so and what do you mean "work"? Do you refrain from coveting your neighbors Ox or Donkey?
Breaking the "thou shalt not commit adultery" worked for Gtown. In that instance, violating one of the commandments made his life better.
Honor thy mother and father? Yeah, i'm sure those who were sexually & physically abused by a parent need to adhere to that.
You find the evil in everything. Maybe you should give up on life and crawl in a hole for the rest of your days. Then you won't have to deal with anything or use any common sense.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315086 Nov 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't the one on here for the last several days talking about the woman hating Bible but as usual you but in and now it's all about you. Give me a break.
When you make the statement "Not one of you....", you INCLUDED me, Witless. I can only answer for myself, right?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315087 Nov 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
When you make the statement "Not one of you....", you INCLUDED me, Witless. I can only answer for myself, right?
No it didn't. You weren't part of the conversation. Those who were spouting how they love their freedom know who I was talking about but if you want to put yourself with them go ahead it's your choice. I haven't posted to you in days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,403,498
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 70,827
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Earthling-1 60,657
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 12 hr zazz 98,128
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 hr TWP 72,037
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Coral Springs (Dec '15) 22 hr RashidaH 48
Gay/bi teens in Fort Lauderdale florida (Jan '15) Sat TommieArmy 4

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages