Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311223 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Spanaway, WA

#315041 Nov 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, so much for unconditional love.
Gtown's Freudian slip, probably. Every time he wrote "conformation" in his post, he really meant confirmation -- as in confirming an order. It was too good to pass up! LOL
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#315042 Nov 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I can now see God, in many many things, and perhaps it was a bad example, but my point is, when a person has been saved "born agaim", that person just KNOWS it, and will Never ever forget it. They may not be able to say 4:30 am on fri - Jan 15,1985, but they will Never forget that it took place.
It's a hard thing for anyone to explain, since the wind blows where it wills -you don't know where it's going, or where it's been, but you do Know that it touched you, as it came by.
Ps - it has Nothing to do with conforming, in order to be accepted, as katie suggest. No one can conform without God's power, and that's the entire reason He came and died for us.
He wants us just like we are (warts and all)
He does the conforming.:)
So God "conforms"?

He doesn't confirm?

<still smirking over here>
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#315043 Nov 8, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
So believing in a misogynistic male hierarchy religion changes what she said?
"""Prior to birth, the embryo/fetus is developing in suspended animation. What's in it for you to criminalize abortion when the embryo/fetus is neither a citizen nor included as part of the species of homo sapiens sapiens?""
In others words brainwashing helps you see things from a male hierarchy perspective?
To those of us who do not believe in mythology you apparently think babbling nonsense like this will scare us into your beliefs?
<quoted text>
You are an idiot....certifiable.
Catholicism is nothing but a fear-based ritual designed to keep the masses in line while those in authority steal land and wealth from those who believe differently. And using those fear-based rituals to steal the very lives of those who believe differently. There is nothing loving about it at all. And those who insist it is the one true religion have no clue beyond their spoon fed dogma. jmo

Besides, a loving God wouldn't need fear to keep its worshippers in line. Just like a loving parent doesn't need to use fear as a manipulative tool to keep their kids in line. Now a days we call that mental abuse.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#315044 Nov 8, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Since Catholicism borrowed all of its pageantry, saint-worship, and rote chanting, from the pagans it was trying to eradicate, when the Catholics gave up and decided to try converting the pagans instead...there really isn't a whopping lot of difference in execution of the Catholic ceremony from pagan ones.
Perhaps that's where you became confused.
David27's comprehension skills are a bit lacking. S/he thinks I was talking about who raised me and has mistakenly believed my maternal grandmother solely raised me. Why should I bother to correct him/her? Anyone can go back and see I was responding to a post asking if I raised by Atheists and "godless" people since my posts display I'm such a soulless person...

Why should I waste any time on that BS crap? I filled 'em in, you've filled 'em in, others have put in their 2 cents... what more needs to be said? My initial post was self-explanatory... and still David27 didn't get it. S/he is beyond confused, imo.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#315045 Nov 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right.
There are many Evangelicals who consider Catholics to be Pagans, anyway, in case these people have forgotten,
Maybe they're ashamed... since they spend so much time trying to be "better than" and "separate from" all the other religions before it.

Good to see you, Bitner!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315046 Nov 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they're ashamed... since they spend so much time trying to be "better than" and "separate from" all the other religions before it.
Good to see you, Bitner!
Good to see you, too :)

I've been very busy the last couple of weeks!
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315047 Nov 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Morgana quoted your words, Ink. Here're the posts. Everyone can review ...and... add lying to your posting traits. Like FFJ asked, how can you post one thing one day and the next forget what you've already said?
==========
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
<quoted text>
<quoted text> http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
No she started all by herself with a whole litany of Bible verses that she considered anti woman.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315048 Nov 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Morgana quoted your words, Ink. Here're the posts. Everyone can review ...and... add lying to your posting traits. Like FFJ asked, how can you post one thing one day and the next forget what you've already said?
==========
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Post #314699

Morgana said:
<quoted text>
You've clearly misunderstood his love story.
You need to pray to the Holy Spirit of God(who inspired the men who wrote it),to open up your heart and mind to be able to accept and comprehend it.
I think we all understand this "love for men story" as written directly from the imaginations of men.

Genesis 3:16
Unto the woman He said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

1 Corinthians 11:5-15
New International Version (NIV)
5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

7 A man ought not to cover his head,[a] since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9 neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10 It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own[b] head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.

13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.
Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and He is the Saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

You should be more careful before calling people liars.

Ink

Havertown, PA

#315049 Nov 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
Btw, Ink? Circular logic is still illogical. So the whole thing of man coming from God, woman from man, man from woman through birth is nothing but an illogical explanation for a social hierarchy changing from matriarchy to patriarchy.
Women always knew they were the mothers of their children. Men, not so much. A patriarchal society demands women be subservient or the men are free to leave.
Look at the social ills in the present day, the ones you blame on legal abortion. To me it seems to the "unintended consequence" of a patriarchal society.
Chew on that for a bit and let me know if you have a thought or two about it.
This isn't a patriachial society
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315050 Nov 8, 2013
<quoted text>
So you pick and choose what rules you'll follow and which ones you feel are irrelevant.
And I'm going to assume everyone has that same right?
Yes everyone has a right to not follow ancient Jewish culture.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#315051 Nov 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Post #314699
Morgana said:
<quoted text>
You've clearly misunderstood his love story.
You need to pray to the Holy Spirit of God(who inspired the men who wrote it),to open up your heart and mind to be able to accept and comprehend it.
I think we all understand this "love for men story" as written directly from the imaginations of men.
Genesis 3:16
Unto the woman He said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
1 Corinthians 11:5-15
New International Version (NIV)
5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.
7 A man ought not to cover his head,[a] since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9 neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10 It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own[b] head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.
13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.
Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and He is the Saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
You should be more careful before calling people liars.
Your inability to comprehend the FACT Morgana quoted YOUR words is allowing you to lie without your permission. Rather, let's say it this way, with circular logic.

Your inability to comprehend the FACT Morgana quoted YOUR words is allowing you to lie without your comprehension.

Better?

<rolls eyes>
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315052 Nov 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Whoa...looks like I hit a nerve.
Now I know I was right. You need single/childless women to seem miserable so you can feel superior.
There you go again.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#315053 Nov 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure as hell isn't a matriarchal one...
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315054 Nov 8, 2013
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! And then Ink goes and proves me right...
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is so weird. I am getting the picture of them where they have this great single life with tons of sexual freedom and no obligations to anyone and that looks like the perfect existance. I know people like that and they are desperate to fill their lives with 'good times' mostly so that they don't have to think about how lonely they are."
Why aren't you happy?

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#315055 Nov 8, 2013
Ink, there's no way to read those verses and think to self - women are not subservient, 2nd class citizens. Absolutely not! I mean what woman in their right mind would not want to be considered property by virtue of a father handing over his daughter to another man in holy matrimony? While it's fallen out of modern use, the bride often vowed to obey much like a good dog.

{Waves to Katie and Bitner.}
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315056 Nov 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. There are also changes in anatomy and physiology, changes in consciousness, legal status, and for some spiritual changes.
But you knew that, as it's been pointed out many times here.
That happens all through life but it doesn't make us any less alive.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315057 Nov 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I come from a huge family, lots of extended members. My father's family Catholic in its entirety. My mother's family a little more divers; one of my grandma's sisters split from Catholicism and became a <GASP!> Mormon.
My Catholic Grandma began studying Paganism later in life. I have her tabletop Bible with Jesus' words in RED -- a collector's item I intend to keep until I'm done with it.
Why are you so dense? Why do you let your imagination run wild instead of being open to ways different from your own? You're a horrible name calling, judgmental, asexual individual who is too chicken to reveal their screen name everyone would know.
When I go to publish my life story, I'll let you know first.
No wonder you are so confused.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#315058 Nov 8, 2013
If from this:
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>

I would have you know, that the head of the woman is the man;

Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
you get anything but "Man rules women" and "women are screwed" You're an idiot.

Seems pretty self-explanatory to me.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315059 Nov 8, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you profess belief in an outdated book? The entire book was written by Jewish people 2000 years ago. Now you are picking and choosing what is to be believed and lived by and what is not? WHY does the bible contain the OT in the first place? The NT is as misogynistic as the OT. Can't you read?
If nobody is following old Jewish law then nobody is following the bible...correct?
I think many parts of the Bible transcend time and are appicable today. Basically if Jesus said it, I believe.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#315060 Nov 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so much as in past decades, but much progress remains for any semblance of equality. You only have to look around the abortion threads to know that many believe women who sleep around should pay the piper by giving birth. What happens after that doesn't seem to matter nearly as much. Perhaps not at all?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min mdbuilder 59,550
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Yeah 1,384,485
Vote For Donald Trump 4 hr USA Suicide Watcher 8
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Ize Found 70,615
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 8 hr zazz 98,047
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Mon dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 72,026
Trick Opmin Ucweb Celcom Maxis Malaysia (Apr '12) May 29 zenzpro 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages