Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,719)

Showing posts 294,361 - 294,380 of304,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not lazy, well maybe at times, but I was at work on a short break. Again bats are in the same category as birds,within that verse, so what?
Plus the NKJV came out in when I was 12 years old. Niv has different versions, of itself, so one should ask themselves why.
I believe every word of God is inspired by God, and is very important.
Most new versions do not, and sway it according to what they think.
Just one of many is the verse in kj -that says "little children how hard it is, for those who TRUST IN RICHES,to enter the kingdom of God.
Nkj - says "little children how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God.
John 3:16 -kj says only begotten Son.
Others say -only son.
I am a son of God "through Christ Jesus ",but there is only one begotten Son.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IhjYWfHwFHM
Gtown71

Talco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
Hey lady :)
could you post it, to where I. Can just click it please. I am a bit lazy you know :)
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither was god apparently.
Gtown-y believes everything in the bible because it's "gods word".
Bats are birds.
Man is made from dust
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
If that is what you take from the Bible instead of the important words and meanings, that is your choice.

I have a different outlook.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What DID you say he believed in?
And since when do You get to decide what HE believed in..........
I read his book in his own words. You should try reading once in a while, then you might know what you are talking about.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is what you take from the Bible instead of the important words and meanings, that is your choice.
I have a different outlook.
And who says your outlook is right and his is wrong?

A million people will read the bible and come out with a million different "outlooks", so in the end the bible does nothing to clarify what an alleged God wants for/from his people.

The bible is extremely obtuse/symbolic/metaphorical and just plain confusing. Why wouldn't a God choose to be be more direct and straightforward so the readers of his word would understand, universally, exactly what he meant?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>In order to answer this question, I would first have to know the parameters for which you believe yourself prepared.
If your judgment turns out to have been wrong, have you prepared yourself to be judged wrongly?
Just checking...
Not necessarily. One could judge righteously and without hypocrisy but still be ultimately wrong in their judgement. Man can and does make mistakes. I guess the fact that I recognize that man is not mistake proof means I am prepared for the fact that there is a possibility I may be judged wrongly.
I am prepared to be judged righteously.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I call it like it I see it.
No you don't. You call it like you see it, at least critically, only when it involves someone you disagree with. Had you truly called it liked you see it you would have called Peter on his belief that HIS interpretation was the only correct one.
You disagree with his interpretation. What does that mean? It means you think you have a better one and that too is as self serving as you say CP is.
In this instance there is actually very little interpretation involved. When one looks at the context, it is clear that God does NOT forbid judging. A six year old would conclude the same based on the context.

John 7:24 -

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>None of which mitigates the fact that the use of fossil fuels is daily contributing to the destruction of this fragile ecosystem we call 'Earth'...and none of which means we can't stop using them tomorrow.
As a species, we choose not to...doesn't mean it's impossible.
The least we can do is curtail their use, and substitute non-polluting energy for as many units of fossil fuels as we possibly can.
As a species, we're not willing to do that - and it spells our extinction. I would suspect sooner, rather than later.
I guess you're okay with that.
No I'm not OK with it. But at least I am not a hypocrite who pretends I'm above and not part of the bad stewardship of our environment because I might have a wood burning stove and a few solar panels.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
I`m not ignoring context.
Yes you are. You've YET to address even a single one of the questions I posed regarding that context.
The intent is clear because I UNDERSTAND ENGLISH. You want it to mean something else. Juries judge evidence, teachers judge work done, employers judge ability. They do not judge the people themselves unless they are exceeding their authority.
Juries judge more than just evidence. They also judge the credibility and believability of witnesses. Teachers who administer IQ tests are judging an individual's level of intelligence which is an inherent part of their person that does not change. Employers, if they're smart, rightfully also judge character in addition to just ability.
You can't separate an individual's inherent qualities from the individual. If you judge such qualities you are STILL judging....no matter what you believe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
You mean SELF-righteously. You're not smart enough to have the one true interpretation of a book that's been translated manY times through history.
<quoted text>
Are YOU smart enough to interpret this :

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."
John 7:24

I know a 6 year old knows that if God is instructing you HOW to judge he CANNOT at the same time, be forbidding you to judge.
Are YOU smart enough to know that???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Self-serving? How?
You want so much to be able to tell someone that they are violating their God's directive that you create a totally incorrect interpretation. THAT is self serving.
You think your judgment of me means ANYTHING to me at all?
Yes I do. Otherwise you'd never respond. Your arrogance, warped sense of self importance, and your obsession with being perceived as always being right, precludes you from ignoring.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And who says your outlook is right and his is wrong?
A million people will read the bible and come out with a million different "outlooks", so in the end the bible does nothing to clarify what an alleged God wants for/from his people.
The bible is extremely obtuse/symbolic/metaphorical and just plain confusing. Why wouldn't a God choose to be be more direct and straightforward so the readers of his word would understand, universally, exactly what he meant?
Are you saying that you don't understand what God wants? God didn't write the Bible. And I expect that you are talking about the Old Testament which is comprised of oral histories passed down by the Hebrews. As a Christian, I believe that Jesus made everything very clear. If I was Jewish, I would also find the Jewish laws confusing.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey lady :)
could you post it, to where I. Can just click it please. I am a bit lazy you know :)
Sounds like a personal problem, Mr. Responsibility...you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
dammit

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that you don't understand what God wants? God didn't write the Bible. And I expect that you are talking about the Old Testament which is comprised of oral histories passed down by the Hebrews. As a Christian, I believe that Jesus made everything very clear. If I was Jewish, I would also find the Jewish laws confusing.
"I believe that Jesus made everything very clear."

Then why are there so many interpretations of the NT within Christianity?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I read his book in his own words. You should try reading once in a while, then you might know what you are talking about.
The question was, "...what did you say he believed in?"

I've read the Bible from cover to cover 6 times, during the course of childhood, High School 'World Religions' electives, two English Literature courses, and personal curiosity.

So far, darling, it has done more to convince me 'God' DOESN'T CARE, than that he does.

You are exquisitely free, in the USA, to proclaim your lip service to "GOD", or whatever other deity you choose to worship...even if your deity happens to be a fetus which might be aborted.

Holy lubricated proboscis, Batman!!!

D'ya think we can slip this long nose of ours past the Fallopian tubes, and into the holy grail of holiest of holeys, Batman?

(Or is that 'birdman'....?)

Hmmmmmmm........
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I believe that Jesus made everything very clear."
Then why are there so many interpretations of the NT within Christianity?
Are there? Jesus said, love God above all else and love your neighbor. For me that means trust God and give as much as you can to the people around you, be it financially, emotionally or in service. If you start with that premise, you'll be okay and be content in your life.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What DID you say he believed in?
And since when do You get to decide what HE believed in..........
In chapter 72 of his book Jewish Literacy, he speaks of Jesus as a real person. He didn't agree with all he said of course but as a scholar, it seems he does indeed believe that the man actually lived.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't. You call it like you see it, at least critically, only when it involves someone you disagree with.
You are doing exactly the same thing.
DAVID27 wrote:
Had you truly called it liked you see it you would have called Peter on his belief that HIS interpretation was the only correct one.
You're doing exactly the same thing.
DAVID27 wrote:
In this instance there is actually very little interpretation involved. When one looks at the context, it is clear that God does NOT forbid judging. A six year old would conclude the same based on the context.
CP isn't 6 tho.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The way it reads, it clearly says not to judge -- unless you, yourself, are above reproach by having already removed the plank from your own eye (making you perfect). You say you're not perfect, so that leaves hypocrite. It's one of those biblical either/or things.
Perfection is not a prerequisite to be able to judge. If it were, no one would be permitted to judge. NO man is perfect. Is every person who sits on a jury in judgement of someone else, perfect ?

In any case, your opinion regarding whether or not I am allowed to judge because of my so called imperfection is irrelevant.

My original point was and remains....that God does NOT forbid judging of others.

And on that point you have already said you agree.

And you are correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 294,361 - 294,380 of304,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Pompano Beach Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••