Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311342 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#313478 Oct 16, 2013
Obviously, your diverse fields of study don`t include medicine, biology, or the english language. Polymath, my tuchus.
The Abstruse Polymath wrote:
<quoted text>
"Spontaneous abortion" is a misnomer. Aborting anything requires conscious effort, therefore spontaneous abortion is an oxymoron.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313479 Oct 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I would really need to read the site & think about it, but it certainly would not constitute it being "dogma".
I cant speak for others but I am open to honest, rational discussion and debate. I truly don't see others being open. Most here have their beliefs and that's that.
The website you gave appeared to doesn't mention anything about "killing", but you went to the extreme and decided to say that they support "killing".
My use of the words 'Killing the fetus' is extreme but actually killing the fetus isn't? Because they don't phrase it that way makes you think they aren't ending it's life?

Just look at the pictures of all the dead fetuses at Gosnell's. Somebody killed them.

Indianapolis

#313480 Oct 16, 2013
A human being? That`s a philosophical concept; not everyone believes a fetus qualifies as an equal to a born human.

It doesn`t matter, since no human being has the right to force another to sustain their life UNLESS that other person accepts the responsibility. Biological happenstance does not create obligation.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the only one on this thread who doesn't believe that the fetus being carried by a human mother is a human being?

Indianapolis

#313481 Oct 16, 2013
Google "starvation in america"; I can`t cut and paste on this device. It`s a genuine problem exacerbated by budget cuts and unemployment.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know of children that don't have enough food, for God's sake report it and have social services get them what they need.

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Since: Oct 13

Norvelt

#313482 Oct 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Obviously, your diverse fields of study don`t include medicine, biology, or the english language. Polymath, my tuchus.
<quoted text>
I'd say the exact same thing if I were ignorant as you. Even a near universal usage of a word incorrectly does not make it correct.
No doubt your touchus understands better than the rest of you.

Indianapolis

#313483 Oct 16, 2013
Just another internet popinjay threaten8ng violence he could never attempt. Sad little coward; your obsession with me is totally unrequited.
King Edward II wrote:
<quoted text>
This time there will be no bed. Just a red hot poker and you'll be screaming for god.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#313484 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are clueless. There are programs all over the country, in every state to take care of and feed children.
And yet 1 out of every 5 children in the US go to bed hungry.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#313485 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she is right if anti choicers feel that way and make exceptions. I do feel that in the rare occasion of a mother who by carrying a baby will cause her death should have the right to choose her own life first.
Thank you for your honest reply. how does your position relate to what the website said,specifically that:

"By compromising the "right to life" definition in order to accommodate a woman's rights, they inadvertently acknowledge that women's rights are more important than the "right to life" of fetuses."

Indianapolis

#313486 Oct 16, 2013
I didn`t bring up foster care (which is separate from adoption) at all. Adoption has nothing to do with abortion; they are mutually exclusive. I was commenti
ng on the claim you made.

BTW--many kids are in foster care because the parent gets sick or is judged to be incompetent to raise a child, neither are choice issues. Babies are put up for adoption because women are often raised to ignore abortion as a choice AND because they believe adoption is a guaranteed process, which it isn`t.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are thinking that the foster kids are in the system because their mothers were forced to give birth to children they didn't want? I think you would find that isn't the reason they are there.
It's not an abortion issue. It's a breakdown of family and drug issue usually.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#313487 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My use of the words 'Killing the fetus' is extreme but actually killing the fetus isn't? Because they don't phrase it that way makes you think they aren't ending it's life?
Just look at the pictures of all the dead fetuses at Gosnell's. Somebody killed them.
The link you gave mentions nothing about the killing of fetuses. It discusses various viewpoints and you revered to that as "pro abort dogma" that you seem to claim I and others follow.

You are talking about killing; that link was not discussing the act of abortion at all, but you set out to twist the content of the link you provided.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313488 Oct 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Google "starvation in america"; I can`t cut and paste on this device. It`s a genuine problem exacerbated by budget cuts and unemployment.
<quoted text>
Yes many people are living below the poverty level due to the things you mentioned but no child should starve. There are resources. This country spends almost one hundred billion dollars a year on food assistance, not to mention the money raised by charities.

Joel Berg, a food policy analyst at the Center for American Progress, say this on MSNBC:

I say the reason [the United States is] not Somalia or Haiti or North Korea is the [food stamp] program's working... The reason we don't have mass starvation is this program is helping tens of millions of American families survive.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313489 Oct 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
The link you gave mentions nothing about the killing of fetuses. It discusses various viewpoints and you revered to that as "pro abort dogma" that you seem to claim I and others follow.
You are talking about killing; that link was not discussing the act of abortion at all, but you set out to twist the content of the link you provided.
The link was about whether or not the fetus is a human being. The point of the link was that it didn't matter whether or not is was. Only the woman's right to abort it matters.

I didn't twist it I pasted it as written.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313490 Oct 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I didn`t bring up foster care (which is separate from adoption) at all. Adoption has nothing to do with abortion; they are mutually exclusive. I was commenti
ng on the claim you made.
BTW--many kids are in foster care because the parent gets sick or is judged to be incompetent to raise a child, neither are choice issues. Babies are put up for adoption because women are often raised to ignore abortion as a choice AND because they believe adoption is a guaranteed process, which it isn`t.
<quoted text>
Nothing is guaranteed except death.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313491 Oct 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your honest reply. how does your position relate to what the website said,specifically that:
"By compromising the "right to life" definition in order to accommodate a woman's rights, they inadvertently acknowledge that women's rights are more important than the "right to life" of fetuses."
That was my honest answer I agree with her for the people she is talking about and I know there are some. I would bet that most people who are truly pro life wouldn't make those exceptions except to aknowledge that a woman has a right to save her own life at the expense of the baby's.

I know that there are tough unfair situations that people face and decisions are made in the moment and I pray for the women who decide to abort and regret it later. Not all women are happy that they aborted their babies and they grieve.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313492 Oct 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
A human being? That`s a philosophical concept; not everyone believes a fetus qualifies as an equal to a born human.
It doesn`t matter, since no human being has the right to force another to sustain their life UNLESS that other person accepts the responsibility. Biological happenstance does not create obligation.
<quoted text>
Everybody thinks different but I know that I would take the responsibility for the life I created and if I couldn't keep it I would take the responsibility of seeing that he/she was placed in a good home with loving parents.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#313493 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My reading skills are fine. What does unwanted kids have to do child services? If these children were unwanted they would have been aborted or put up for adoption. Abortion is cheap and legal. They ended up in child services because of some bad choices made by the parents.
Wow. I give up.
Gtown71

Cedar Park, TX

#313494 Oct 16, 2013
I walked onto the prison zone the other day, and noticed 4 men who we're clearly up to something, and when they seen me they we're trying to hide something. As I walked closer, one began to say to me "we ain't doing nuthin sarge " "which is what they call all officers, regardless of rank ",as he was throwing something on the floor behind him. I walked over to see what it was, as they all dispersed. It was an empty mustard pack. I kept thinking -what in the world are they using mustard packs for?!?!?

After a few momments I feel like the answer came to me!

They mustard pack, was the decoy. It was employed, so that I would go after it, giving them enough time to get away with their???? Whatever???

It worked very well!

I caused me to shift my focus from what I should have been on, to a little, empty, mustard pack...

Many pro abortion folks here do the very same thing.:)

They will tie you up, with post after post of trivial things, that they kniw is worthless, or in many cases they misread what someone writes, and has the people going through hoops to defend themselves, when they were never wrong in the first place.

Bottom line -women can legally choose if the life they carry lives or dies.

A choice I wouldn't want any woman to find themselves having to make.

A choice that one wouldn't think would be taken lightly, but looking at the staggering high numbers, can only conclude that far to often, it is.
Judge Marcus

Fremont, CA

#313495 Oct 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
I walked onto the prison zone the other day, and noticed 4 men who we're clearly up to something, and when they seen me they we're trying to hide something. As I walked closer, one began to say to me "we ain't doing nuthin sarge " "which is what they call all officers, regardless of rank ",as he was throwing something on the floor behind him. I walked over to see what it was, as they all dispersed. It was an empty mustard pack. I kept thinking -what in the world are they using mustard packs for?!?!?
After a few momments I feel like the answer came to me!
They mustard pack, was the decoy. It was employed, so that I would go after it, giving them enough time to get away with their???? Whatever???
It worked very well!
I caused me to shift my focus from what I should have been on, to a little, empty, mustard pack...
Whoa! If you are that gullible you should get into another line of work. An intelligent person would have held them there until he decided they were clean. They now know who is the weakest link.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313496 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody thinks different but I know that I would take the responsibility for the life I created and if I couldn't keep it I would take the responsibility of seeing that he/she was placed in a good home with loving parents.
Pin a cookie on YOU missy.
Some women responsibly decline to bring another unwanted/unhealthy child into the world.

YOU may believe that's being irresponsible. I don't. Every child should be wanted, by his/her parents.

Can you give me a reason why they shouldn't be?
Cuz a helluva lot of 'em aren't.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313497 Oct 16, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>natural miscarriage is an oxymoron.
no -'natural' and 'miscarriage' don't contradict each other...'natural miscarriage' is redundant, as miscarriage is a natural process...

just sayin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Incognito4Ever 1,395,626
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min IB DaMann 60,109
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr zazz 98,085
Review: I Love Kickboxing 8 hr Tracie 13
Anthony Rosser, Mike Spinella, Andrew Rosser & ... 14 hr Maximus DreivinX 46
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 23 hr TRD 70,727
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Coral Springs (Dec '15) Mon Aime A 45
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages