Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,974
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313425 Oct 16, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You play a very active role in your non commitment of prevention and you justify it by being on this thread.
I am very committed to prevention.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#313426 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't anymore the same than getting pregnant because you wanted to or because you were raped. even though the end result is the same.
You don't seem to have an ability to diferentiate between intention and beyond control.
I point out that a spontaneous abortion is an abortion when we see extreme blanket statements:

"abortion is evil"
"abortion is an intended act"

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#313427 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you get your information because you never include a link but I don't think you are accurate.
This chart shows that children in the system who become eligible for adoption are adopted. Most within a year. Most are adopted by family members.
The number available and waiting for adoption is well over 100,000 -- and, of course, many age out of the system w/o anyone stepping up to the plate to help. The link you asked for may be accessed here:
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/cb...
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#313428 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I would pick dogma.
In this article they do admit that it doesn't matter if it is a human being only the mother's right to kill it matters.
http://www.prochoiceactionnetwork-canada.org/...
Can you provide me with your fundie playbook as well?
grumpy

Garnerville, NY

#313429 Oct 16, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Of which you are a charter member.
How's my favorite supporter of the right to kill ?
Did you find any proof to back up your claim that I said Bitter supported abortion ? You said you were going to link me to my words and that I had done it so often it would be easy to find proof.
That was like two years ago. You've had more than enough time.
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure Feces/Effigy did. He's been using that "all life is the same" nonsense as far back as I can remember.
<quoted text>
They're both technically considered abortions but they are not the same. They're not the same at all. If they were there would be no need to term them "induced" and "spontaneous". The mere fact that you include two different adjectives to describe them in and of itself points out their difference.
Still clueless katie
Same old Degall and same old Rangers. What a parlle!!!
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313430 Oct 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA analysis does not say human being. Your spin on it doesn't prove it does. You are dishonest as the day is long. And childishly shallow.
Are you the only one on this thread who doesn't believe that the fetus being carried by a human mother is a human being?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313431 Oct 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I point out that a spontaneous abortion is an abortion when we see extreme blanket statements:
"abortion is evil"
"abortion is an intended act"
Obviously talking about induced abortions.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313432 Oct 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What an arrogant ass you are. You have no clue, really.
If you know of children that don't have enough food, for God's sake report it and have social services get them what they need.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#313433 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I would pick dogma.
In this article they do admit that it doesn't matter if it is a human being only the mother's right to kill it matters.
http://www.prochoiceactionnetwork-canada.org/...
Really?? This link is "pro abort dogma"?

Debating and commenting on various points becomes "pro abort dogma" to you and you wonder why people call you an extremist??

I see now that you will go to any lengths to support your position,, including the misrepresentation of what a website, you don't agree with or approve of, says. Then you tell us that this website (which you feel like callling dogma) is what we follow? That is extreme.

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Since: Oct 13

Norvelt

#313434 Oct 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a misnomer. That is exactly what a miscarriage is, a spontaneous abortion.
You are wrong.
Simply because something has entered the lexicon in error, does not make it less wrong. A perfect example would be how the definition of "literally" now includes the exact opposite, "figuratively", hence you FAIL.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313435 Oct 16, 2013
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>The number available and waiting for adoption is well over 100,000 -- and, of course, many age out of the system w/o anyone stepping up to the plate to help. The link you asked for may be accessed here:
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/cb...
What this shows me is that pretty much the same number of children enter foster care and exist foster care in a year,@250,000.

Only 20,000 age out. It would be nice if parents would take care of their children and themselves but when they don't this is the best solution.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313436 Oct 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And if Ink doubts that there would be miscarriage investigators and prosecutions under her preferred regime, she has only to look to you for confirmation.
Meet the Commander of the Womb Police: "Abstruse Polymath".
Do you have an address to which I can send my used menstrual pads, for your monthly 'miscarriage inspection' pal?
I think you have lost your mind.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313437 Oct 16, 2013
exit not exist

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Since: Oct 13

Norvelt

#313438 Oct 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And if Ink doubts that there would be miscarriage investigators and prosecutions under her preferred regime, she has only to look to you for confirmation.
Meet the Commander of the Womb Police: "Abstruse Polymath".
Do you have an address to which I can send my used menstrual pads, for your monthly 'miscarriage inspection' pal?
Oh that conclusion makes as much sense as dehydrated water, and I have a much better suggestion for your used pads, stuff them in your pie hole and maybe you will at least lessen the idiocy you are displaying.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#313439 Oct 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and it seems the world is sooo bad, that many are just having sex, and if a pregnancy takes place, they simply get it took care of, since it would most likely put a damper on their future sex :(
As soon as I quit responding to one idiot, another one pops up.

Are you really that stupid? Sex is in no way relative to the condition of the world. Haven't you seen pictures of third world countries? People's ribs are sticking out, they are starving, they are covered with flies, and drinking muddy water. Yet, there are dozens of little kids running around their feet. Kids that they damn sure didn't need.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#313440 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if their parents are trading food stamps for drugs. This is now a welfare state country and no one should be going hungry.
Ah o.k lol. You're such a window licker.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#313441 Oct 16, 2013
Add "pregnant women" to the less valued category and fetuses to the magificent oak, and you have the PLM mindset. I find it easier to just take it case by case,
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Cptr, this quote was in the post to which you responded.
"Oak trees and acorns are not equally valuable," write Robert George and Patrick Lee, "because the basis for their value is not WHAT they are but precisely those accidental [not substantive] characteristics by which oak trees differ from acorns. We value the ugly, decaying oak tree less than the magnificent, still flourishing one; and we value the mature, magnificent oak more than the small, still growing one. But we would never say the same about human beings."
Do you see what I see? Humans "value the ugly, decaying [elderly, poor, black, brown, yellow, deemed different, etc.,] less than the magnificent, still flourishing one[wealthy, good looking, smart, successful, young, nubile, etc.,] one; and we value the mature, magnificent [fill in the blank] more than the small, still growing one. And we do this to other human beings [even if we don't say or admit it] all the fckn time." All anyone needs to do is pick up a newspaper or watch the national news to verify.
grumpy

Garnerville, NY

#313442 Oct 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
How true!
as I read this I pictured a woman never slowing down when she sees a person walking across the street, but not in the cross walk, and runs right over them -killing them. Then says to herself I HAD THE "RIGHT" OF WAY.
That's sad enough, but what's worse, is the woman knew the person walking, and it was her child!
You would say, "God gave me the right of way."

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#313443 Oct 16, 2013
So I guess we need to be arresting all the vets who killed the enemy...
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no sound argument for killing.
We are somehow protected from the
consequences of our actions.
Clueless. We never know what is coming.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#313444 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Those foster kids, most of the time are not adoptable. Most have parents and families and haven't been taken away permanently. When and if they do become available many are adopted by their foster families. God bless the people.</QUOTE> Did you not see this sentence?
"According to Adopt America there are 130,000 children in the U.S. foster care system WAITING TO BE ADOPTED."
[QUOTE who="Ink"]<quoted text>Why should a child have to be either aborted or dumped? There are so many other options.</QUOTE>What other options do you mean? An unwanted child is either aborted or put up for adoption. Am I missing something?
[QUOTE who="Ink"]<quoted text>I assume you wanted to have your own babies and did, so I think it is disengenuious to berate other folks who want the same, a baby.
You are not using your reading comp skills. I do have two kids, and both were planned. What does that have to with UNWANTED kids? If anybody wants to have a family that's their right. I'm just saying that if a woman gets pregnant and does NOT want the child it would be more humane to abort it in the first month than "dump" it on child services where it may not get adopted.
You have to admit, the system if full of kids who will never be adopted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 26 min Anne 96,627
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 59 min Earthling-1 49,187
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr new yawk 1,153,943
Review: G8 Van Lines 14 hr Aaron Rios 17
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 hr scirocco 71,008
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 hr TRD 68,882
Review: Travel Options Inc (Sep '11) Thu Jackie 126
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pompano Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News