Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310175 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#309426 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
This statement....
""With certain exceptions, people who get food stamps may be required to work or participate in a training program"
Says nothing about LOOKING for work. Does it?
Notice the word "may", there is no requirement.

Location hidden

#309427 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
This statement....
""With certain exceptions, people who get food stamps may be required to work or participate in a training program"
Says nothing about LOOKING for work. Does it?
Good point, LOOKING for work is not required.

Location hidden

#309428 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so she's getting loans and grants for school, yet she's supposed to stay at home and take care of her kids?
You DO realize that not ALL programs allow you to take classes online, right? Do YOU want a nurse taking care of you who has never been in a lab or clinical setting?
And what, in the meantime, is she supposed to do to feed her children, clothe her children, have a roof over her head?
And how many people like you would rant and rave over the fact that she's getting assistance, yet can pay for the internet in order to DO classes online, IF she can?
You people just don't think things through.
Actually she could take her prerequisite courses, English, History, Math, Biology, etc on line so that when her children are in school she would be ready to take her clinicals.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309429 Aug 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually she could take her prerequisite courses, English, History, Math, Biology, etc on line so that when her children are in school she would be ready to take her clinicals.
Because every woman on earth should be a nurse.

Good grief.

Why don't you just admit that you believe all welfare is wrong, except for the corporate kind, and that anyone on food stamps or TANF is a lowlife who shouldn't have kids?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#309430 Aug 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice the word "may", there is no requirement.
It says nothing about looking for work, may or not. I says may have to be currently employed or in training. Not looking.

But, at least you got up off your cyber ass, and actually did some research. Good for you. Next time, you might want to do that BEFOREHAND.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309431 Aug 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point, LOOKING for work is not required.
Where did it say that?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#309432 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
They want to HAVE their cake AND eat it, too. There are absolutely NO shades of gray in their narrow-minded little worlds, everything is a black/white extreme.
What I find odd are the inconsistencies in this type of extreme thinking. Like all their compassion reserved for the embryo/fetus who has no capacity to appreciate it or even want it, but not a shred for the women facing unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies. Of course, that also highlights their blame game mentality. And yet, they're blind to it! Very odd, imo. But laughable, like a bad horror film that comes off as a comedy.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309433 Aug 26, 2013
Ebright wrote:
I will go to Iraq next month, God, please bless me.
I hope you consider a drone up your fundament a blessing...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309434 Aug 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
And what about the rest of my post? Ignored that, didn't you?

Location hidden

#309435 Aug 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Because every woman on earth should be a nurse.
Good grief.
Why don't you just admit that you believe all welfare is wrong, except for the corporate kind, and that anyone on food stamps or TANF is a lowlife who shouldn't have kids?
"Because every woman on earth should be a nurse."

That's not what was said, no was it implied. Bitner used nursing as an example and I explained how the training could be accomplished.

"Why don't you just admit that you believe all welfare is wrong, except for the corporate kind, and that anyone on food stamps or TANF is a lowlife who shouldn't have kids?"

Why should I admit to something that I don't believe in? Welfare is necessary in every society, but it should be temporary help for those who are working toward rejoining the work force, unless there is a medical reason that prevents them from working long term.

Location hidden

#309436 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And what about the rest of my post? Ignored that, didn't you?
What would you like me to address?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309437 Aug 26, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiiiiiight, inky, and what would you say about the woman who chooses to be childFREE (no kids by choice) and does very well financially in her job/career as a result of NOT having children? Women like Oprah Winfrey, to name a perfect example?
Oh that's right, such childfree women are called "selfish," primarily by far-right political and religious conservatives, the ones who think a woman's ONLY valid functions in life are marriage and motherhood.@@
I would say if you don't want children, don't get pregnant.

Another liberal not having a child is probably a good thing for the country.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#309438 Aug 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You mean the way the teabaggers keep stirring up their inbred base by claiming the government is going to take away all guns, force abortions on christian women, and make everyone marry someone of them same sex?
For every sharpton on our side (and I'm no fan of his), you people have a limbaugh, a robertson, a coulter, etc. So you might want to notch down the self-righteous rhetoric.
<quoted text>
Have to say I don't listen yo much any more..But what I do .

Never heard any one say they were afraid of those things,Peter ..
..except the guns ..
The other side blames guns for everything ..excusing the people wielding the guns ..
Those kids that killed the Australian. They are yelling about the gun they had..those kids and most if the other thugs out killing
Are ALREADY BREAKING EXISTING LAWS even possessing the weapons .

More laws on gun owners who register their weapons lawfully ..Will mean
Only the criminals have guns .idiot reporters published their addresses.

The criminals tdon't follow the laws ..the ones we already have .

Now I agree no one needs all these automatic weapons .

But most of the people using them..again ..are criminals to begin
With are criminal again ..Not following any law ..

In the case of those Kids..it was boredom??

They wanted to kill more people ?

Many murders in Chicago in just one weekend ..it's easy to blame the
Guns ..Not the criminals holding them. Who would never register them anyway .

However never heard I was going to be forced into abortion or same sex marriage ..Lol

That's s New one ..

W

Location hidden

#309439 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It says nothing about looking for work, may or not. I says may have to be currently employed or in training. Not looking.
But, at least you got up off your cyber ass, and actually did some research. Good for you. Next time, you might want to do that BEFOREHAND.
Hahahaha, this post proves that your post yesterday:

Bitner
“Blessed Be”

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#309283 23 hrs ago
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
We can start by requiring that anyone who is physically able to work either:
1) be employed
2) seeking employment
3) going to school to train for employment
4) accept any job that is offered (they can seek a more desired job while they are working)

Do you have proof that 2 and 4 aren't required for anyone on Food Stamps?

was nothing more that creating an argument just to have an argument. Numbers 2 & 4 are not required.

Location hidden

#309440 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did it say that?
"May" is not a requirement.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#309441 Aug 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, that's a tough break. Sorry to hear it. I've been through similar stuff with my parents. Most of us either have or will.
The scary thingies seeing it as a,possibility your own Kids may face
On your behalf .
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309442 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
If he's all knowing, he knows what will happen ahead of time. If he's all powerful, and doesn't prevent the things he doesn't like, that he knew about ahead of time, then it has to be part of his plan.
Again, you can't have your cake AND eat it too.
What part of free will don't you understand? If He prevented everything He doesn't like, where is the freedom to make choices? One of which is to know and love Him. Aren't you glad He doesn't force that on you?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309444 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Ye Gods, you are SO f*cking gullible!
One, he is NOT buying gourmet food everyday on just $200 a month, you Moron.
Two, because someone Joe Schmoe, who could very well be an ACTOR says so, is not proof.
Three, I find it very interesting that they mention that in NINETEEN NINETY-SIX, there were more regulations, but that Obama got rid of those in TWO THOUSAND AND NINE. What happened to the intervening years? If it were a legitimate claim, they'd have been able to say that in TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT it was different.
Use some damned logic for a change, and stop believing everything you see from a source just because you agree with them in general politically.
Washington Post and others have reported on this guy too. Wake up.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309445 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so she's getting loans and grants for school, yet she's supposed to stay at home and take care of her kids?
You DO realize that not ALL programs allow you to take classes online, right? Do YOU want a nurse taking care of you who has never been in a lab or clinical setting?
And what, in the meantime, is she supposed to do to feed her children, clothe her children, have a roof over her head?
And how many people like you would rant and rave over the fact that she's getting assistance, yet can pay for the internet in order to DO classes online, IF she can?
You people just don't think things through.
The conversation was about what women who are currently on welfare could do to prevent their own children from following the same way of life.

I think I have it well throught out. It makes more sense to support a woman who is interested in bettering her life and those of her children. It would also send an incredible message to her children about working hard to obtain self reliance.

If you have a better solution, let's hear it.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309446 Aug 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You mean she should adopt YOUR priorities.
Maybe availability to her children is her top priority. I have no problem with women treating their motherhood, as the most important job there is.
Why do you?
Motherhood is far and away the most important jobs a mom will ever have. The priority would be to have your own life on track before you have children either with a career or a husband to father your children. Something to sustain children and offer them a stable home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min IB DaMann 53,932
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,250,886
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 49 min TRD 70,140
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro 55 min Iblamehissocialci... 77
Review: Dixie Cycle (Jun '09) 21 hr YOU_WILL_SUFFER_1... 11
Review: Pompano Fitness (Oct '09) Tue Gym Man 79
Looking for some "cool" people Jun 29 Gettinlucky 1
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages