Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
285,701 - 285,720 of 305,085 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Christ Have Mercy wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe , just maybe you aren't bright enough to know that there's more than one person from Nebraska posting on Topix forums and Husker is a popular name to use. Just google Husker and you will find out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Ewww, La. Some eat while reading...
: D

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how, out of one side of her mouth, she states that Catholics that use contraception (other than NFP) are not "practicing Catholics," yet out of the OTHER side of her mouth, she brags about how many Catholics there are.
If we subtract all the so-called "non-practicing Catholics," i.e. those who have used contraception (other than the NFP form), and subtract all those that have "lived in sin,"and subtract all those who have divorced (and possibly remarried), and subtract all those who are gay/lesbian, and subtract all those who have had an abortion, I suspect the number is 10% of what they it to be.
I just love math, don't you, AJ??
Yep! Mother loves a good spin. She was worried about the number of "annulments" in the USA. Let me peek. Be right back:

http://www.osv.com/tabid/7621/itemid/9374/Que...

Interesting. From that link:

It is an issue that arises regularly, given statistics that show the United States — home to about 6 percent of the world’s Catholic population — accounts for about two-thirds of annulments granted each year by Church tribunals globally.

What's Mother going to do? We're running wild in the United States of America. She cannot excommunicate all of the fallen. Well, She could, but she won't.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Christ have mercy on us wrote:
<quoted text>My name is not knit. you haveit all wrong . One of the ways the pill works is to make the uterus inhospitable to a fertilized egg. If the fertilized egg cannot implant and dies or passes during menses, then an abortion has happened. The pill is a gateway to immoral sex.
Get a life Knit. Or go back to watching your favorite show about Honey Boo Boo.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>If a Catholic is using contraceptives, then they really aren't practicing Catholics, are they. So I speak for practicing Catholics. Anyway the women who decide to use contr
raception and are Catholic always come back to the faith by going to confession. We all sin, Christ forgives us. That's what Catholicism is all about, forgiveness.
Yup, this has got Knut stench all over it.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
So, that explains why so many Catholics (like you) sin repeatedly. You actually think that you'll be "forgiven" if you do the same thing over and over and over again then pray for forgiveness.
You must really think Christ is stupid.
When in fact it is the fundies who are stupid.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
No ..
I'm an intelligent woman..studies biology .
And hormones control our bodies..knit.
They tell the body at different times...what it does.
If your body has hormones that say it's pregnant usually you will not ovulate..thinking it is pregnant the body will NIT be hostile to fertilized egg.
When your body figures out naturally or by using a different pill. That you ARE NOT pregnant it sloughs off the lining it has made for the expected baby..you have a period......if you are indeed pregnant it does not..you then do not get a period
Knut is so ignorant and uninformed it's not even funny.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
: D
Well... I was eating... too much talk of tampons yesterday, that's for sure!! LOL
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, this has got Knut stench all over it.
The *only* person K&P fools is herself.
(am thinking this is rhetorical since we all know)

:)
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
If so why the objection to twenty week legislation for ELECTIVE abortion of HEALTHY mothers,
Because Roe v Wade already restricts induced abortion at 24 weeks gestation.

Like Bitner has been saying to you, nobody has kept track of which abortions are elective and which are therapeutic at this point. However, the odds favor these are more therapeutic than elective since the majority of elective abortion is done during the first trimester.

Meaning, for the majority of women, these are wanted pregnancies where something has gone wrong.

It is not up to clergy, politicians, or nosy parkers to determine woman is healthy then try to criminalize it when nobody is keeping track of this data.
On the off chance THat science might be wrong ..as often is proved...about the age babies,feel pain..
Science isn't wrong about smooth cortexes unable to feel pain. There are other articles out there you can research about the comparisons of fetal brain and preemie brain. There have been plenty of studies done.

Besides, the amniotic fluid also acts as an anesthetic. Fetus is doubly protected.

Delivery isn't exactly an easy chore for either woman or newborn. Don't you think if a newborn were able to feel as you are trying to imply, than those injured during the birthing process would react strongly their injuries?

My second granddaughter's shoulder was caught up behind her during delivery. She did not respond to it although it was horribly bruised for more than a week. And creased from the unnatural way it was bent. It has since worked itself out and there is no lasting nerve damage from what's been seen by her pediatrician.
No one is trying to stop doctors if they have to deliver a baby early to save the mom..the KEY words being deliver the baby as,opposed to KILLING it and removing it ..to save her life..And one hopes if she is in mortal peril..She is,NOT seeking help at an abortion clinic .
The main focus of ACers is to "deliver fetus early whether it survives or not" without any regard to its quality of life no matter how short it is.

A couple years ago the ACers were all over themselves because a woman was denied a therapeutic abortion when it was learned her amniotic fluid had leaked out and she was not reproducing any more. A child in utero without amniotic fluid does not develop properly. You can look it up.

Anyway, baby was delivered, but didn't have the ability to breathe. It had not produced surfactant yet. And so it drowned, like a fish out of water. But the ACers here were all over this as if it was humane and loving. Watching baby suffocate was anything but loving, imo.

The pregnant woman was denied making a decision between her doctor and herself because of a brand new law criminalizing abortion past a certain gestational week. Maybe it was 20, I forget.

You think it's right to do that to another woman? Remove her right to do what she thinks is best for her family, her fetus, herself?

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! Mother loves a good spin. She was worried about the number of "annulments" in the USA. Let me peek. Be right back:
It is an issue that arises regularly, given statistics that show the United States — home to about 6 percent of the world’s Catholic population — accounts for about two-thirds of annulments granted each year by Church tribunals globally.
What's Mother going to do? We're running wild in the United States of America. She cannot excommunicate all of the fallen. Well, She could, but she won't.
Ha! Another issue. Yes, indeed. No, she won't. She is hemorrhaging adherents. Except. perhaps, for the hard-liners and delusional nut-cases we sometimes see on here. Methinks she needs to rethink her positions on certain issues. I think letting priests marry should be one of the first reforms, actually.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
When in fact it is the fundies who are stupid.
Indubitably.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well... I was eating... too much talk of tampons yesterday, that's for sure!! LOL
I thought my observation was quite accurate!

hehe

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Another issue. Yes, indeed. No, she won't. She is hemorrhaging adherents. Except. perhaps, for the hard-liners and delusional nut-cases we sometimes see on here. Methinks she needs to rethink her positions on certain issues. I think letting priests marry should be one of the first reforms, actually.
It seems to be an unusual occupation or "calling". There are many men (and women) that have no interest in true intimacy (like Puddles). However the temptation for those men (and women) to seek release in the arms of another should not be dismissed. Vowing to live a life of celibacy - stop right there. It doesn't strike me as natural or normal. It seems a recipe for disaster. jmo

“Reality is better than truth.”

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

If it doesn't implant, there is no pregnancy and thus no abortion.
<quoted text>My name is not knit. you haveit all wrong . One of the ways the pill works is to make the uterus inhospitable to a fertilized egg. If the fertilized egg cannot implant and dies or passes during menses, then an abortion has happened. The pill is a gateway to immoral sex.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to be an unusual occupation or "calling". There are many men (and women) that have no interest in true intimacy (like Puddles). However the temptation for those men (and women) to seek release in the arms of another should not be dismissed. Vowing to live a life of celibacy - stop right there. It doesn't strike me as natural or normal. It seems a recipe for disaster. jmo
Yep.

It also tends to attract people who wish to be absolved of their, er, aberrant desires, such as pedophiles and other conflicted persons. They seek the "cleansing" and "forgiveness" the calling has to offer.

The only problem is, their buried issues inevitably resurface.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The *only* person K&P fools is herself.
(am thinking this is rhetorical since we all know)
:)
Knut is just stupid enough to believe everything she tells herself...lmao!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Indubitably.
Indeed.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
For a fallen-away Catholic, you really obsess about the Catholic Church a lot.

You wanted to live life YOUR way and on YOUR terms. Not Christ's way, or on His terms.

Good luck w/ that.....
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at what happens to the lives of those who live a life of debauchery and loose morals (like you and Lala).

Dead babies, divorces, STDs, loneliness, emptiness, alcohol abuse, depression, trouble w/ relationships and holding a job, lostness, low self-esteem, etc.

No thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••