Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,234)

Showing posts 284,661 - 284,680 of304,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

persnickety wrote:
There is no question that contraception is behind much of this trouble. Contraception has made sexual activity a much more popular option that it was when the fear of pregnancy deterred a great number of young men and women from engaging in premarital sexual intercourse. The availability of contraception has led them to believe that they can engage in premarital sexual activity "responsibly." But teenagers are about as responsible in their use of contraception as they are in all other phases of their lives--such as making their beds, cleaning their rooms and getting their homework done on time.Pope Paul VI.
Not true ...They just locked us up in UNWED MOTHER HOMES,..I was lucky enough to get a live in Nanny job .

Or got married after high school

We all got sent somewhere..to escape the stares and judgement of people like you ..you know the ones that branded us as bad girls

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Glad you're up and around! Feeling better, or posting as a distraction?
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the weekend. She's drunk again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Rose, how can you suggest Ocean give advice to teenagers regarding sex when she CLEARLY believes abortion SHOULD be an option if that teenager gets pregnant?.
I don't understand you.
Not only that but God forbid fornication and so for you as a Christian to advise teenagers who are not married and just having sex for ALL the wrong reasons(including peer pressure, being forced by bf's or gf's, low self image which leads to only having sex to be loved by anyone) is very wrong.
Children need their parents or strangers even to talk to them about their self worth and value..not how to prevent pregnancy. THIS is the key.
Ummm did you actually read her sight ..I suggest you do before commenting really

The best advice I have seen on sex ed ...it starts out

BECAUSE I DID NOT HAVE SEX IN HIGH SCHOOL
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T2AJ...

OH and while reading.

This is knits comment to me yesterday .

And I have told the story of how I gave my son for adoption ..about 20 times on Here.

These are 2 post on the same subject ..

And I really do try ignoring her ..forgiving her..telling her to stop posting yo Me. But these take the cake.
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>If you found out you were pregnant and single fifty years ago, repent and move on. You let your conscience bother you too much and you teach its okay to behave bad and not have self control. Move on, repent and be better, this is what Christ would tell you. Wow, you really judge don'tcha! Christ would not approve of artificial birth control, rose. Not at all. Being Christian is very hard, Christianity is not a feel good religion like you see on TBN. We have to teach our children that pre marital sex is wrong,not in case you have sex this is what you do. You are not stopping the bad behavior but welcoming it.
Followed by this the next day
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Your son, remember? You got rid of him because you were selfish.
Now the first is not too awful but notice she knows my name...now she is trying to backpedaling today ..JUST DO MR THE CIURTESY OF READING

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm
Ok first off most of us care because it is a life that is being aborted.
And I do not at all understand why the birth mortality is so high..you show up at a county hospital in labor they take you ..And Medicaid covers indigents..But then there a 're women I agree who don't seek prenatal care..and that is not on us.
Octomom is a disgrace because she had the babies to get on tv .
With no way to card for them..that's not on us either.
I am all for prevention...all babies wanted and many of us pro life are.
You cannot judge us all by the few who post here.
Don't paint eith too wide a brush please .
On the frozen embryos ...don't make so many and if you do. You are responsible to adopt them out ..so t h screening like a regular adoptions ...if you make them they are yours...Imo
You are blaming prolifers for all the world's ills.
We are not responsible for the women who will not use BC ...who have multiple abortions..they coukd prevent.
There is a dearth of respect for preborn life and it was not always there..Roe HAS changed the focus of the w omens movement and to the point they are now arguing what to do eith LIVE births who escape abortion.
There was a lot wrong eith society's view on unwed mothers..But we did not treat the baby's as medical waste..They were our children..like it or not.
And most of us welcomed BC as the way to control our families.
With this equality we wanted ..comes responsibility ..And in half these cases it's just nit there..because abortion is their birth control ...
And that's just not right.
Rose, there used to be more abortions than there are now, relative to the population. That you were ignorant of the procedure when you got pregnant, is only indicative of your own lack of knowledge....not that of every woman in the country, even in the era during which you conceived. Abortion has literally been around since women figured out we could get that thing out of us before it got any bigger. Like around 65,000 years. Some women just don't want to be pregnant. Fact of life.

Gestation has always been dangerous...yet another fact of life. This is the main reason I believe abortion should be left up to the woman who is pregnant - her pregnancy doesn't threaten the life or health of anyone else....why should anyone else get to decide whether or not she risks gestation?

You've repeatedly posted what you think should be done with frozen IVF-generated embryos, but have you ever protested that procedure with the passion you show against abortion?

No.

Now, at the risk of sounding too much like persnebraskityhuskerknit, and telling you what you should or shouldn't do regarding your pro-life activism, I really must say that I don't care whether you protest IVF or not...but I will STILL point out hypocrisy, wherever, and whenever I see it.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Unless "Sterilization is now the most widely used form of contraception in the U.S." for catholics, what's your point? Nobody other than the RCC gives a damn what the pope thinks, and most people consider dominion over their own body a constitutional right.

When I was growing up, baby catholic boys were routinely circumcised; that's altering their physical make-up. How does that jibe?
persnickety wrote:
Pope Paul's final warning was that contraception would lead man to think that he had unlimited dominion over his own body. Sterilization is now the most widely used form of contraception in the U.S.; individuals are so convinced of their rights to control their own bodies that they do not hesitate to alter even their own physical make-up.
The desire for unlimited dominion over one's own body extends beyond contraception. The production of "test-tube babies" is another indication of the refusal to accept the body's limitations; so too are euthanasia and the use of organs transplanted from those who are "nearly" dead. We seek to adjust the body to our desires and timetables, rather than adjusting ourselves to its needs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Your guilt feelings are very strong, come back to Christ, He forgives.
AT THE MOMENT the only thing I am guilty of is wanting you TO STOP LYING

STOP CSLLING ME SELFISH BECAUSE MY BOY WAS ADOPTED

AND STOP POSTING TO ME.

I tried this AM to forgive you for your awful.words and asked you to STOP.

ITS not a good thing .

Your buddy has no idea how evil you are ..

And I know Jesus just fine ..

Yourself the Eucharist and then say because I was pregnant Women like me should be branded ...shame on you

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, there used to be more abortions than there are now, relative to the population. That you were ignorant of the procedure when you got pregnant, is only indicative of your own lack of knowledge....not that of every woman in the country, even in the era during which you conceived. Abortion has literally been around since women figured out we could get that thing out of us before it got any bigger. Like around 65,000 years. Some women just don't want to be pregnant. Fact of life.
Gestation has always been dangerous...yet another fact of life. This is the main reason I believe abortion should be left up to the woman who is pregnant - her pregnancy doesn't threaten the life or health of anyone else....why should anyone else get to decide whether or not she risks gestation?
You've repeatedly posted what you think should be done with frozen IVF-generated embryos, but have you ever protested that procedure with the passion you show against abortion?
No.
Now, at the risk of sounding too much like persnebraskityhuskerknit, and telling you what you should or shouldn't do regarding your pro-life activism, I really must say that I don't care whether you protest IVF or not...but I will STILL point out hypocrisy, wherever, and whenever I see it.
Playa

I do not protest anywhere but here ..And I have.

I do what I can privately ...I no longer have a uterus do cannot gestate one ..SO WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO..

WE COULD advertise fir women to adopt them ???

If it comes up for a vote on the embryos ..I will vote accordingly.

There is no CPC I can help for frozen embryos ...And I dont make the law.

Only vote my conscience

Oh and post Here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, there used to be more abortions than there are now, relative to the population. That you were ignorant of the procedure when you got pregnant, is only indicative of your own lack of knowledge....not that of every woman in the country, even in the era during which you conceived. Abortion has literally been around since women figured out we could get that thing out of us before it got any bigger. Like around 65,000 years. Some women just don't want to be pregnant. Fact of life.
No.
Same thing I said to her ..We were sent out of sight..put in homes for unwed mothers

Abortion WAS not even in our vocabulary .

And I'm not a hypocrite.

I have the SAME CONTROL over IVF. as I have over abortion ..

None ..except to post here..

That is not hypocrisy it's fact
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Planned Parenthood performed an all-time high abortion number in 2011. It coincides w/ their version of "sex-ed" and dispensing of artificial contraception.
So, that happened..........
How would anyone know 2011 numbers? The last reporting period is 2009 and that was published Nov 2012.

You buy into all kinds of lies and spit at facts consistently... All while consistently doing your version of "killing the messenger".

You are one of the saddest excuses of humanity, imo.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

persnickety wrote:
Here rosey, read this Unlawful Birth Control Methods
14. Therefore We base Our words on the first principles of a human and Christian doctrine of marriage when We are obliged once more to declare that the direct interruption of the generative process already begun and, above all, all direct abortion, even for therapeutic reasons, are to be absolutely excluded as lawful means of regulating the number of children.(14) Equally to be condemned, as the magisterium of the Church has affirmed on many occasions, is direct sterilization, whether of the man or of the woman, whether permanent or temporary.(15)
Similarly excluded is any action which either before, at the moment of, or after sexual intercourse, is specifically intended to prevent procreation—whether as an end or as a means.(16)
Neither is it valid to argue, as a justification for sexual intercourse which is deliberately contraceptive, that a lesser evil is to be preferred to a greater one, or that such intercourse would merge with procreative acts of past and future to form a single entity, and so be qualified by exactly the same moral goodness as these. Though it is true that sometimes it is lawful to tolerate a lesser moral evil in order to avoid a greater evil or in order to promote a greater good," it is never lawful, even for the gravest reasons, to do evil that good may come of it (18)—in other words, to intend directly something which of its very nature contradicts the moral order, and which must therefore be judged unworthy of man, even though the intention is to protect or promote the welfare of an individual, of a family or of society in general. Consequently, it is a serious error to think that a whole married life of otherwise normal relations can justify sexual intercourse which is deliberately contraceptive and so intrinsically wrong.
Humanae Vitae Pope Paul VI
NFP IS BIRTH Control
In the bible ..the only place fertility is mentioned is to be fruitful
Using NFP. which is fine by me..Is just as much against THAT INJUNCTION
stopping ovulation..
That is hypocrisy saying it's nit BC

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>You can't comprehendwhat I posted or you won't you want to twist everything I say. What is wrong with telling young children , teenagers about being chaste and to follow Christ? You want me to look bad by saying I don't like adoption, lol. You don't read the post. I said you were ladi, remember? She was selfish and aborted her baby because she wanted to play tennis. You don't understand what people post on this forum. I also said the unborn baby's name was Derrick, everyone knows that we named ladi's unborn child that.
NO YOU DID NOT ..you said that when you saw how silky you looked and that was later PRETENDING YOU THOUGHT I WAS LADI.

AFTER YOU POSTED TO ME CALLING ME ROSE.

you said I was selfish....got rid of my son..

That's why I repeated BOTH POSTS

STOP lying and apologize ..you were wrong.

And you have harassed me for weeks and now I know why..because your life has been different .

Well lady..I know my Lord forgives me

And the feelings,I get from you are making making me sick..

STOP POSTING YOUR GARBAGE TO ME...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Playa
I do not protest anywhere but here ..And I have.
I do what I can privately ...I no longer have a uterus do cannot gestate one ..SO WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO..
WE COULD advertise fir women to adopt them ???
If it comes up for a vote on the embryos ..I will vote accordingly.
There is no CPC I can help for frozen embryos ...And I dont make the law.
Only vote my conscience
Oh and post Here.
As I said, I don't have a preference as to what or how you protest. Far as I'm concerned, you're one of the most ACTUAL pro-life people here, if not THE most, because you walk the walk.

You're against abortion - therefore, you didn't have one.
You support the prevention of unwanted pregnancy.
You support the right to relinquish one's child for adoption.
You support educating, rather than demoralizing, the young.
(That you don't support Octomom's right to bear as much life as she cares to, is hypocritical...but that's my opinion. Not everyone shares it.)
We all vote our conscience - at least I hope so.

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>As I said, I don't have a preference as to what or how you protest. Far as I'm concerned, you're one of the most ACTUAL pro-life people here, if not THE most, because you walk the walk.
You're against abortion - therefore, you didn't have one.
You support the prevention of unwanted pregnancy.
You support the right to relinquish one's child for adoption.
You support educating, rather than demoralizing, the young.
(That you don't support Octomom's right to bear as much life as she cares to, is hypocritical...but that's my opinion. Not everyone shares it.)
We all vote our conscience - at least I hope so.
:)
Thanks

I honestly do not know what anyone can do about IVF babies. I certainly do not want them experimented on ...
The clinics could adopt them out ..But again I have no control.

Nor do I have control over abortion..

I just wish it would stop ..my heart cries for those babies,that will never see life.

They should never have been conceived ..Or should be born once they were.

And of course I do not refer to an ectopic pregnancy ..Or a case ever both lives are at stake.

Octomom well...She is a loon...looking for publicity..But since those babies are alive we should pray for them

There are many folks who woukd adopt babies or embryos if allowed

But AGAIN I have no say ..No vote..just here .

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
I honestly do not know what anyone can do about IVF babies. I certainly do not want them experimented on ...
The clinics could adopt them out ..But again I have no control.
Nor do I have control over abortion..
I just wish it would stop ..my heart cries for those babies,that will never see life.
They should never have been conceived ..Or should be born once they were.
And of course I do not refer to an ectopic pregnancy ..Or a case ever both lives are at stake.
Octomom well...She is a loon...looking for publicity..But since those babies are alive we should pray for them
There are many folks who woukd adopt babies or embryos if allowed
But AGAIN I have no say ..No vote..just here .
In the words of the Great Robert Plante: "Cryin' won't help ya...prayin' won't do you no good...."

They're alive - we should PAY for them. The fact that we do, drives even so-called PRO LIFE people crazy.

Opposing public support of life BEYOND BIRTH, is not 'pro-life'....that's pro-what-you-want-for-YOUR-lif e.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Actually, opposing public support of life beyond birth, is merely PRO MONEY.

Opposing it, while claiming a pro-life stance, is pro-bullshit.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text> I never have read where you pray to end abortion, not once. Do you?
Unlike you, I'm sure Rose actually DOES pray for the Lord to end abortion.
You, on the other hand, likely just pray for female infants to have their legs sewn shut, until they're legally married to their arranged husbands...at the age of ten or so.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
NFP IS BIRTH Control
In the bible ..the only place fertility is mentioned is to be fruitful
Using NFP. which is fine by me..Is just as much against THAT INJUNCTION
stopping ovulation..
That is hypocrisy saying it's nit BC
Good job Rose - you can join me in being the hypocrisy-police.

On the other hand, Knutter is a candidate for constable, on the womb-police force...

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text> Foo is blapheming Christ. Rosey is not telling Foo she is wrong. Rosie is admitting she disrespects Christ.
Foo is doing no such thing. Rose is doing no such thing. You are a lying piece of sh*t.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

persnickety wrote:
Here rosey, read this Unlawful Birth Control Methods
14. Therefore We base Our words on the first principles of a human and Christian doctrine of marriage when We are obliged once more to declare that the direct interruption of the generative process already begun and, above all, all direct abortion, even for therapeutic reasons, are to be absolutely excluded as lawful means of regulating the number of children.(14) Equally to be condemned, as the magisterium of the Church has affirmed on many occasions, is direct sterilization, whether of the man or of the woman, whether permanent or temporary.(15)
Similarly excluded is any action which either before, at the moment of, or after sexual intercourse, is specifically intended to prevent procreation—whether as an end or as a means.(16)
Neither is it valid to argue, as a justification for sexual intercourse which is deliberately contraceptive, that a lesser evil is to be preferred to a greater one, or that such intercourse would merge with procreative acts of past and future to form a single entity, and so be qualified by exactly the same moral goodness as these. Though it is true that sometimes it is lawful to tolerate a lesser moral evil in order to avoid a greater evil or in order to promote a greater good," it is never lawful, even for the gravest reasons, to do evil that good may come of it (18)—in other words, to intend directly something which of its very nature contradicts the moral order, and which must therefore be judged unworthy of man, even though the intention is to protect or promote the welfare of an individual, of a family or of society in general. Consequently, it is a serious error to think that a whole married life of otherwise normal relations can justify sexual intercourse which is deliberately contraceptive and so intrinsically wrong.
Humanae Vitae Pope Paul VI
Truly, no one outside of the Catholic Crutch gives a flying fart in a windstorm what your pedophile-hiding Pope says...or thinks, for that matter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you, I'm sure Rose actually DOES pray for the Lord to end abortion.
You, on the other hand, likely just pray for female infants to have their legs sewn shut, until they're legally married to their arranged husbands...at the age of ten or so.
Yes I do pray for abortion to end

Also would like a valve switched off until.a child is wanted ..

But I also want tons of money.

Of course we have to help support children.

But I'm with foo on this one.

Once you are on public support you are on birth control...

Great idea. And anything goes to get the fathers to pay and someone working !!!

DADDY is going broke..

And also I have a big problem with disability from SOCIAL SECURITY..supposed to make up for disabled. WHO CAN NO LONGER WORK.

now they give it to parents with ADD. Kids on drugs.

Kids do not have income to replace ...which is What Social Security is for...no wonder it's going broke.

I am for educating them in special programs if needed..But whole families live off these drugged up kids..who could maybe get off the horrid chemicals with special ed.

Imo..So don't shoot me..We give just enough so no one wants to crawl out of the loop..

I managed..sometimes with 2and3 jobs to raise my child with no help because I worked.

Living off your kids is disgraceful And teaches them nothing .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 284,661 - 284,680 of304,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Pompano Beach Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••