Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314305 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#303525 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
There is no question that...fear of pregnancy deterred a great number of young men and women from engaging in premarital sexual intercourse.
Fear of pregnancy deters a great many women from agreeing to gestate.

What's your point? Let's all live in fear?

Love and fear are opposites. Jesus taught love - not fear. At least I remember that much.
persnickety wrote:
The availability of contraception has led them to believe that they can engage in premarital sexual activity "responsibly."
Wrong. The availability of contraception, has provided the OPPORTUNITY for women to engage in sex responsibly...ie: without great risk of becoming pregnant, before one desires to be pregnant and have a child.
persnickety wrote:
But teenagers are about as responsible in their use of contraception as they are in all other phases of their lives--such as making their beds, cleaning their rooms and getting their homework done on time.Pope Paul VI.
Knowing this, you STILL recommend they just be left either ignorant, captive, or repellant.

Way to go.

Next...
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#303526 Jul 6, 2013
Hmmm...you said "all babies wanted" . And if a baby is conceived when mom really didn't want another then what? And that does happen quite often. I think it's wise, as a Christian, to realize that THIS is Gods "picture", not "ours". He wills us to exist before he creates us. He made the sex act to act as the means to create that life...and a womans body to nourish that life. No baby is unwanted or a mistake. WE might not have planned that life but God did. HE is in control, not us.

You also said that"most of us welcome bc ". WHO is "us"?.
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm
Ok first off most of us care because it is a life that is being aborted.
And I do not at all understand why the birth mortality is so high..you show up at a county hospital in labor they take you ..And Medicaid covers indigents..But then there a 're women I agree who don't seek prenatal care..and that is not on us.
Octomom is a disgrace because she had the babies to get on tv .
With no way to card for them..that's not on us either.
I am all for prevention...all babies wanted and many of us pro life are.
You cannot judge us all by the few who post here.
Don't paint eith too wide a brush please .
On the frozen embryos ...don't make so many and if you do. You are responsible to adopt them out ..so t h screening like a regular adoptions ...if you make them they are yours...Imo
You are blaming prolifers for all the world's ills.
We are not responsible for the women who will not use BC ...who have multiple abortions..they coukd prevent.
There is a dearth of respect for preborn life and it was not always there..Roe HAS changed the focus of the w omens movement and to the point they are now arguing what to do eith LIVE births who escape abortion.
There was a lot wrong eith society's view on unwed mothers..But we did not treat the baby's as medical waste..They were our children..like it or not.
And most of us welcomed BC as the way to control our families.
With this equality we wanted ..comes responsibility ..And in half these cases it's just nit there..because abortion is their birth control ...
And that's just not right.
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#303528 Jul 6, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true ...They just locked us up in UNWED MOTHER HOMES,..I was lucky enough to get a live in Nanny job .
Or got married after high school
We all got sent somewhere..to escape the stares and judgement of people like you ..you know the ones that branded us as bad girls
Knit didn't brand unwed mothers as "bad girls". You have misunderstood her posts.

As far as the homes, girls did have it tough back then. Society has come a long way since then huh? Now unmarried women plan to have children.

Rose, what you did was loving and brave.(by offering your son up to a family who could raise him). I'm SURE you heart wss broken. You were blessed though to have been reconciled after so many years :)

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#303529 Jul 6, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>My apologies for the over the top assertions about folks who follow Catholicism. That was a broad brush, and I should have been using a skinny spatula.
Sorry, Michelle.
I wasn't offended at all. I was just pointing out that not even the good majority of Catholics follow church doctrine when it comes to birth control. When it comes to something so personal such as a sexual relationship and/or having children, people are doing to do what they feel is right regardless of what anyone says.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#303530 Jul 6, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
No baby is unwanted or a mistake. WE might not have planned that life but God did. HE is in control, not us.
<quoted text>
One: Not everyone on earth,(even women) subscribes to YOUR version of 'God'.

Two:'God', aka 'the Divine', aka 'Allah' aka 'nature', aka a few thousand other deities, kills one of every three pregnancies conceived... a process which is known world-wide as 'miscarriage'.

Evidently,'God' is the ultimate abortionist, and makes a whole bunch of mistakes.

Three: If there is a 'vast eternal plan' how could women who obtain abortions deviate from it????????

God's plan OBVIOUSLY includes abortion, or we wouldn't be physically capable of preventing or ending unwanted pregnancy.

Next...

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#303531 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>That still doesn't makwe it right. And also how many of those Catholics are not practicing Catholics? I bet 90%. Its very hard to be a Catholic, its like running its hard, but the benefits are great.
I didn't say anything about it being right or wrong. I'm just pointing out the fact that regardless of church doctrine, 90% of Catholics utilize artificial methods of birth control. As far as if they're "practicing" Catholics or not, that's for God to judge.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#303532 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>That still doesn't makwe it right. And also how many of those Catholics are not practicing Catholics? I bet 90%. Its very hard to be a Catholic, its like running its hard, but the benefits are great.
Running is easy. Everyone can do it. Unless one has a leg missing.

You have a brain missing.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#303535 Jul 6, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Knit didn't brand unwed mothers as "bad girls".
Yes. Yes she did. I know it, Rose knows it, Knit know it, and you know it too.
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>You have misunderstood her posts.
You have misunderstood your God.
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>As far as the homes, girls did have it tough back then.
Really? Tough? As in tougher than they have it now?

To the best of my knowledge, laboring to deliver a child, is the same now, as it was 65,000 years ago...
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>Society has come a long way since then huh? Now unmarried women plan to have children.
Why is this type of deliberate procreation wrong?

Please provide scriptural examples. Thanks.
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, what you did was loving and brave.by offering your son up to a family who could raise him). I'm SURE you heart wss broken. You were blessed though to have been reconciled after so many years :)
Holy Heathens. We agree on something.

It's a bleedin' miracle.

:)

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#303537 Jul 6, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Go gestate something, Fuzzy.
I think "Go gestate something fuzzy." (Think: gerbil) is more apropos for that one.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#303538 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>They ,pp makes a lot of money off of butchering unborn children.
Obstetricians make a lot of money off delivering born children. People make money from working at their jobs.

What
is
your
freaking
POINT?
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#303539 Jul 6, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't offended at all. I was just pointing out that not even the good majority of Catholics follow church doctrine when it comes to birth control. When it comes to something so personal such as a sexual relationship and/or having children, people are doing to do what they feel is right regardless of what anyone says.
100% of practicing Catholics do not use artifical birth control.

CINO'S otoh, who pick and choose what they will or won't obey and/or if at all....are the ones that made up that 90% in that poll. Btw..that 90% were those polled, which means that your claim should have read honestly "90% OF THOSE CATHOLICS POLLED USED ARTIFICIAL BIRTH CONTROL".

Jesus said "he who hears you Peter(his vicar on earth -head of his church) hears me." So like he said that we are either WITH him or AGAINST him..the rest he will vomit right out of his mouth.

HIS words, not mine.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#303540 Jul 6, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Knitter, Knitter, Knitter. Let's take another peek at "Mother", shall we?(RCC)
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/02/14/1064...
Every sperm sacred? How can Mother condemn fairly effective "artificial" BC and not oppose an "artificial" pill that by nature of it's use could lead to more pregnancies? What's up with that? Please tell, because frankly it smacks of an outdated exclusive club wherein {wink wink} boys will be boys.
Heck, NFP, when used as a contraceptive, is as "artificial" as any of them. It is used to deliberately avoid pregnancy when it is most likely to occur (goes against nature), and it INCREASES the likelihood of spontaneous abortion for those who are prone to it.

Simply put, Catholics who try to be "good" by using NFP as a contraceptive yet have had repeated miscarriages are actually "aborting" their own pregnancies inadvertently. The church should, in all honesty, recuse itself from something it is woefully ignorant about: human reproductive physiology.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#303541 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what I posted, your guilt is eating you up. AGAIN I THINK YOU ARE LADI, LADI ABORTED HER BABY SO SHE COULD PLAY TENNIS, NR NAMED THE BABY DERRICK. I AM FOR ADOPTION FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME. LADI WAS SELFISH FOR ABORTING HER BABY. GO TO CONFESSION AND CLEAR YOUR HEAD.
You make me sick.

What the heck is wrong with you, knit?
rosesz

Gainesville, FL

#303542 Jul 6, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo is doing no such thing. Rose is doing no such thing. You are a lying piece of sh*t.
Lol today I'm Rosie ..she says that yesterday she thought Si was Ladu ..effort to back pedal her stupid callous statement that I was selfish. To. get rid of my son..

Such an unfeeling liar

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#303543 Jul 6, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
NFP IS BIRTH Control
In the bible ..the only place fertility is mentioned is to be fruitful
Using NFP. which is fine by me..Is just as much against THAT INJUNCTION
stopping ovulation..
That is hypocrisy saying it's nit BC
Exactly.

It's hypocrisy and ignorance.
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#303544 Jul 6, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm did you actually read her sight ..I suggest you do before commenting really
The best advice I have seen on sex ed ...it starts out
BECAUSE I DID NOT HAVE SEX IN HIGH SCHOOL
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T2AJ...
OH and while reading.
This is knits comment to me yesterday .
And I have told the story of how I gave my son for adoption ..about 20 times on Here.
These are 2 post on the same subject ..
And I really do try ignoring her ..forgiving her..telling her to stop posting yo Me. But these take the cake.
<quoted text>
Followed by this the next day <quoted text>
Now the first is not too awful but notice she knows my name...now she is trying to backpedaling today ..JUST DO MR THE CIURTESY OF READING
Ocean has repeated those lines over and over ALWAYS including the catcher "if" you get pregnant, then abortion is an option.

Rose? She is on this forum...like your other "friends" to advocate CHOICE to kill.

As far as knits posts to you (that I have read up on)..well, she was clearly addressing you as Lala.

She in no way was talking to Rosez who gave her baby away for adoption. YOU are misunderstanding her. I SINCERELY mean that too. She thinks that you are LALALULU who is changing the scenerio from abortion to adoption.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#303545 Jul 6, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol today I'm Rosie ..she says that yesterday she thought Si was Ladu ..effort to back pedal her stupid callous statement that I was selfish. To. get rid of my son..
Such an unfeeling liar
She's mentally ill and should be locked up.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#303547 Jul 6, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
You've definitely got an over-inflated opinion of yourself if you think you look "nice."
http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T833PCEP80MM49...
"Knit," you are, without question, the very last poster on this whole thread who ought to be talking about what "Christ" said.
Your behavior on here is so far removed from the teachings of Christ that you're not at all qualified to speak about the message of Christianity, nor are you believed by anyone on here--except the others like yourself--to be a Christian.
You are an angry, rancorous, malevolent, spiteful religious fanatic.
You have more in common with Grand Inquisitor Tomas de Torquemada and Mullah Omar of the Taliban than you do with genuine Christians.
Well said.

She won't understand 98% of it, however.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#303548 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text> A practicing Catholic would not use birth control.
So you say. Apparently, they do.

http://www.catholic.org/national/national_sto...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/07/birt...
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text> 90%? that would have to include old people newborns first graders priests, nuns Brothers, Monks lol.
I forgot that I'm dealing with a half wit so I must dumb things down to your level. 90% of SEXUALLY ACTIVE Catholics utilize artificial methods of birth control.
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you go take an RCIA class and learn a thing or two or three.
There's no need for me to take a class to know that people are going to do what they see fit regardless of what the Church says. Sexual relationships and/or having children are extremely personal things and people will do what they feel is right for their situation regardless if it's a sin or not. And just because their sins are different than yours(collective yours) does not make them any less a Catholic. That's for God to judge and if it really angers Him that people slap on a piece of latex on a penis and only have 2 children, as that's all they can properly afford, then He'll deal with them accordingly in the end.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#303549 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>You are full of road apples and you probably use the mucous as lip gloss. You think the mucous is artificial anyway. LOL. Wheres rosey?
You are disgusting.

No wonder your husband won't go near you.

Take a bath, pig.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,534,375
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) May 20 jowls humaway 71,287
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) May 19 Spotted Girl 95
Guys Jerking off and Driving???? (May '09) May 18 ClaytonJacker 42
News LEAK: Palm Beach School District Tells Employee... May 18 Hidden Lesson 1
News Feds raid Florida Career College campuses (Oct '07) May 18 Tam 365
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) May 18 zazz 98,402

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages