Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 309,009
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#297809 May 26, 2013
Razzmataz wrote:
this is a great story, very inspiring http://journalstar.com/news/local/family-cele...
If it turns out that his parents can't handle him, will you adopt him?
Mark

Dallas, TX

#297810 May 26, 2013
Everyone has an opinion but GOD will be the one to decide!

seo services at http://www.seoindallas-fortworth.com

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297811 May 26, 2013
Razzmataz wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Ladi. How can you sell a Fresco ? Hmmm? Why won't the govt sell the geysers at Yellowstone? Mount Rushmore? We will always have the poor, Its how we treat them . Material things only last for a short while, our love for the poor lasts forever. Our personal sacrifices are more worthy than a painting.
If you equate the geysers at Yellowstone with Mount Rushmore, I think you might have to reassess your familiarity with the Ten Commandments and the Catechism, dear....there's something about 'graven images' in there which you may have overlooked....

But what do I know - I've only READ the Bible.
You're the one claiming to live by it.

If your personal sacrifices are 'more worthy' than a painting,
why does the Vatican keep all those 'worldly goods'???

Perhaps it's time for the Pope to do a bit of 'personal sacrificing' too....
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297812 May 26, 2013
It was pointrd out to me on another forum that the pope HIMSELF doesnt own them. However there is the declarations a pope can make that are infallible. Ex cathedra.

Unless there is sonething financial that he is unable to do..

we shall see. I personally think rich churches beyond what they need to take care of what is needed for the congregation..are not a good thing.

The last church I belonged to owned a church and 2buildings. Prime real estate.

We met in thecmeeting hall. Rented the church building to a Brazilisn church.
And the other building was used almost rent free for the Haitian church.

We had only about 30 members or less. Gave what we could..great pastor who was in the reserves and called up for active duty.

Well the Brazilians built theit own church and a previuisly home church with a larger congregation took over or absorbed us. So now the meetings are back at the modest church building which neded a lot of repair.

Thing is its a plave to worship. I liked the meeting hall better but then I dont like crowds. Just me.

No gold. no vestments. The word of God from the bible.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#297814 May 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go sweetie!
shaynamadel@gmail.com
Thanks !! Got it now ..
:)

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#297815 May 26, 2013
Razzmataz wrote:
<quoted text>O MY GOSH! Poor Bhitler! Hey, you need to stay out of the kitchen Bhit. You can't take the heat. Now go and have a nice Holiday week-end.
Hello Knit .. it has been a long time girl !!

Say .. I have been sitting back watching interactions between some people with the prolife camp here near Toronto (IRL and off forums)..
I have to say they are just as hateful, if not more so than here on the threads ..

They have shunned other Church Members, whom are part of their OWN family, just because they won't take their young children to prolife (well ..) rallies with them, to stand on the frontlines. in order to protest .. Interesting eh ??
Isn't it enough that the parents stand on the frontlines of prolife rallies in protest ?? Why do young kids and babies need to be there ?? Some of these children are three yrs old .. No older than 10 .. Sick eh ??

The more I see these ppl in action, I have to say it appears to be more of a 'cult' than a movement ..

Sad cause that appears to be more about control than the welfare of unborn babies ..
Gtown71

United States

#297816 May 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It does seem silly. I remember hearing the proclamation that the Orthodox Church is the one true apostolic church. The Catholics claim that theirs is the original church. And on and on. It shouldn't make a difference, if all are Christians, right?
Those who have Christ are Christians, the sign or name over any "church " building means very little.
Gtown71

United States

#297817 May 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's baffling when a person who believes Jesus is the perfect role model makes little effort to exemplify him.
True, but also most people have the wrong Idea of what Jesus was.
He told one lady looking for healing, that His bread was not for the dogs, and when she replied, doesn't even the dogs get to eat from the masters table? He healed her.

He also said, if anyone doesn't hate their mother, brother, etc and follow Him,,they couldn't be His disiple.

Not to mention telling some of the most religious folks they were a child of the devil.

He was not what most consider "should be " a "good " christian.
Gtown71

United States

#297818 May 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
A helluva lot of the vatican's wealth was stolen or commandeered over the centuries. They profited nicely from the nazi's too.
<quoted text>
True.:(
Sad, but true.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297819 May 26, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>If it turns out that his parents can't handle him, will you adopt him?
He will die in their arms probably not long after he is born. But I am sure they will care for him..and then bury him with a name.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#297820 May 26, 2013
Actually, a christian is anyone who believes that christ lived and was divine. You don't get to decide who is a real christian and who is not.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who have Christ are Christians, the sign or name over any "church " building means very little.
Gtown71

United States

#297821 May 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Actually, a christian is anyone who believes that christ lived and was divine. You don't get to decide who is a real christian and who is not.
<quoted text>
Satan not only believes, but Knows Jesus Christ lives, and is Divine -is he a christian?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297822 May 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan not only believes, but Knows Jesus Christ lives, and is Divine -is he a christian?
Well he started out divine but I dunno if Id say that now. He made his own world not in heaven imo
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/divine
walks with angels

Glastonbury, CT

#297823 May 26, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
they use it because herold name was knit and pray.:(
I see. Thank you. I hope your day has been enjoyable so far.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297824 May 26, 2013
walks with angels wrote:
<quoted text>
Its been quiet and here too. Was on a Catholic are the one true church churchforum since no one home over herre. Very lively. but mostly not nasty.

I was looking aroind here and there on Topix the other day. Yhis plave id sane in comparison to some. Some seem yo be taken over. By trolls with gibberish. 2full of hate and what Id call terrorist religious hate. Mostly against Jews and Christians. From lookong at the first posts I think the originators gave up and left. FELT like I needed a shower.

This thread has been going onbfor 5 years. I just came back couple of weeks ago. Feels like home. Even with the disagreements .

Glad you are joining us:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297825 May 26, 2013
walks with angels wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours as well...and may I say, you are a welcome addition to this discussion board.

Nice to meet you!
Gtown71

United States

#297826 May 26, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he started out divine but I dunno if Id say that now. He made his own world not in heaven imo
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/divine
I was trying to point out "in a nice way " that cpeter was wrong.:)

We know the fate of satan, which is the lake of fire.

I realize their are many christians within many churches or no church at all, since we are the church. Many believe one should observe the Lords supper every week, some believe as often as they should is ok, and I don't think it matters on much of what we do or how we worship, but there are some things that we must stand firm on.

If one says they are a christian, but that there are more ways than He, or other gods, then something is bad wrong.

If someone says they are a "good " person and that's enough. Again -somethings wrong.

A guy rode a unicycle across a canyon on a high wire, and when finished he ask the crowd how many think I can ride across with someone on my shoulders? They all said yes they "believed ", but when asked who wants to put their faith and trust, and be the first to let me give them a ride? None came forward.:)
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297827 May 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was trying to point out "in a nice way " that cpeter was wrong.:)
We know the fate of satan, which is the lake of fire.
I realize their are many christians within many churches or no church at all, since we are the church. Many believe one should observe the Lords supper every week, some believe as often as they should is ok, and I don't think it matters on much of what we do or how we worship, but there are some things that we must stand firm on.
If one says they are a christian, but that there are more ways than He, or other gods, then something is bad wrong.
If someone says they are a "good " person and that's enough. Again -somethings wrong.
A guy rode a unicycle across a canyon on a high wire, and when finished he ask the crowd how many think I can ride across with someone on my shoulders? They all said yes they "believed ", but when asked who wants to put their faith and trust, and be the first to let me give them a ride? None came forward.:)
Lol. Yes not me either.

And thats something we can see. I put mine in the unseen thanks. In God.

I was just commenting on calling saran divine.
walks with angels

Glastonbury, CT

#297828 May 26, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Its been quiet and here too. Was on a Catholic are the one true church churchforum since no one home over herre. Very lively. but mostly not nasty.
I was looking aroind here and there on Topix the other day. Yhis plave id sane in comparison to some. Some seem yo be taken over. By trolls with gibberish. 2full of hate and what Id call terrorist religious hate. Mostly against Jews and Christians. From lookong at the first posts I think the originators gave up and left. FELT like I needed a shower.
This thread has been going onbfor 5 years. I just came back couple of weeks ago. Feels like home. Even with the disagreements .
Glad you are joining us:)
I see there are several forums focused on religion. I imagine they can get pretty heated.

I'm glad I met you here!
Razzmataz

Falls City, NE

#297829 May 26, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>If it turns out that his parents can't handle him, will you adopt him?
The baby died, read the story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min shinningelectr0n 1,193,449
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min Talkin To Idiots 51,595
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Cold Front 69,141
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro 5 hr Transparent 2
Madonna's Cousin working at Broward Design Center (Mar '11) 7 hr Pineapple Point 11
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 10 hr Anne 96,895
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 hr orange 71,562
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
How Can Dolphins Address Major Holes at CB?
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Browns Would Be Wise to Target Andre Johnson over Brian Hartline
NBC Sports 4:57 AM
Friday morning one-liners
NFL 7:35 AM
Could Ndamukong Suh land with Miami Dolphins?
Bleacher Report10:44 AM
Buzz: Agents Suspicious Dolphins Trying to Drive Up FA Prices