Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311595 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#296316 May 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I'm arguing the stories in your book. I don't need to believe it to do so.
Yes, women were betrothed earlier in those days. Doesn't make the story any better; it means your god had no respect for her upcoming marriage or for joseph. Also, being betrothed/married that young usually meant that consummation of the marriage didn't occur for a few years.
Mary wasn't asked; she was told. The angel specifically says she was going to bear the child. Noody asked women anything; there were no choices.
<quoted text>
Even if she was forced -God should be able to do as He pleases, right?
He truly doesn't have to have you guys approval first. Yet cpeter, lets say evolution is real "although it isn't ", then how old should a girl be allowed to have kids?

Biologicaly speaking, Mary was probably able to have kids waaay, before She had Jesus .

She was blessed to be allowed to carry and birth, the onlt begotten Son of God :)
Gtown71

United States

#296317 May 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
How many horses kicked you in the head?
It's "artificial" to give food or water through artificial means, like a Gtube.
<quoted text>
Does that include a straw?:)
Gtown71

United States

#296319 May 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The brain was gone--everything that made her a person was gone. The medulla kept the body barely functioning.
<quoted text>
Cpeter, please, enough with all of this. Elise doesn't deserve that, she probably was having a bad day, and didn't mean to call you a perv or creep.

Disclaimer - MOST things wrote in this post by me are for entertainment purposes only. ;)

I've always like elise, other then her pride makes her not as likeable.
many "including me " have not brought up her past, and don't feel She should live with her head down, just as I don't , but when I did things and do things that are Wrong -they are still wrong.
Gtown71

United States

#296320 May 15, 2013
Goodnight mama foo!:)
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#296321 May 15, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to gosnells patients, and many others who just haven't killed a "woman " yet.
They are try8ing to distance themselves from that monster but he is just another abortionist. He happened to get caught. Some of the jurors are talking about the horrific images they were shown. they spoke of the gruesome killing of born and unborn children. Torn to shreds by this proabortion. pagan monster.

This is the disgusting industry these pagans support at all costs. Inhuman is too nice a word for them.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#296322 May 15, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Why? He wasn't DOING legal abortions you idiot.
He was just another abortionist doing what they do for their money. he got caught, pagan.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#296323 May 15, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you're okay girl! But I can empathise completely with old injuries never being quite right again. I fell a few years go on a wheelchair ramp that was slick after the rain, and somehow managed to pop my ulner nerve (the funny bone nerve in your elbow) out of the channel it sits in, and it rode outside my bone for weeks before I had to have a fairly large surgery to put it back. THat elbow has never been the same.
"I fell a few years go on a wheelchair ramp"

You must be a real mess trying to navigate steps. Keep evolving there monkey girl.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#296324 May 15, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, I think a lot of that is going to be up to US, the public to keep up with what we WANT to see happne and keep on our representitives to make SURE the bad places are shut down.
I do wish there was a way to get the help and education to the poor like the ones Gosnell preyed on. I'm not sure our politicans will ever see that as a worthy use of their time once the public scrutiny wears off, you know?
It was proaborion pagans like yourself that allowed the Gosnells of the world to flourish. Now you act as though you are all innocent of this man's mission in life that you pagans support as choice.
Spooner

Canton, MS

#296326 May 16, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
It was proaborion pagans like yourself that allowed the Gosnells of the world to flourish. Now you act as though you are all innocent of this man's mission in life that you pagans support as choice.
hi

Good point.
Spooner

Canton, MS

#296327 May 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The bible--the supposed inerrant word of your god--says the flood was worldwide, and it definitely was not. Geographic and cultural studies show that the planet was not inundated. It would have been impossible to put all the world's animal species on the boat described in the bible.
The bible has very little history to it; it's mostly a narrative that doesn't really jibe with what is objectively proven to be true.
<quoted text>
Is there anyway you people can come up with your on ideas, or use a different atheists web page. Thease same talking points are getting very old.
Its a shame those proto-gorillas didn't have enough sense to have kept a journal, to have kept up with their transformation into humans.
Then you all would have a journal of life, ie the Bible, to use as your referance, when you all get stumped.
But I will give you all credit, it takes guts to tell your kids and/or family they derived from gorillas, or monkeys !!!!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296329 May 16, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
What I hate most is that there were a LOT of people who knew about him and did nothing to stop him.
Yes. According to the article it was all politics too. Afraid to go after an abortion clinic. Hot potato.

But it does look like they may be starting to do more for now. This guy had free reign to butcher women and babies for decades.

Too bad there was not MORE news coverage. Imo
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296330 May 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The bible--the supposed inerrant word of your god--says the flood was worldwide, and it definitely was not. Geographic and cultural studies show that the planet was not inundated. It would have been impossible to put all the world's animal species on the boat described in the bible.
The bible has very little history to it; it's mostly a narrative that doesn't really jibe with what is objectively proven to be true.
<quoted text>
I will still believe the bible. Thanks.
You all believe that millions of years ago we had common ancestors. Why not a new start.
But there is also this the world as they knew it was much smaller.
All that floating around and they stayed on the same continent.
Possibly. Though its only an idea..the event killing off the sinful and the aberrations occurred where it was needed.
Or it was all over the earth..I believe it happened and explains a lot about geology findings as it came from inside the earth as well as from above.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296331 May 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I'm arguing the stories in your book. I don't need to believe it to do so.
Yes, women were betrothed earlier in those days. Doesn't make the story any better; it means your god had no respect for her upcoming marriage or for joseph. Also, being betrothed/married that young usually meant that consummation of the marriage didn't occur for a few years.
Mary wasn't asked; she was told. The angel specifically says she was going to bear the child. Noody asked women anything; there were no choices.
<quoted text>
True they had no choices but she chose to do God's will. SHE was NOT Deflowered.. It was done through a spiritual manner.( her egg and God's DNA through the Holy Spirit) and yes it sounds unbelievable but it was a Miracle.
. Joseph was still to be her husband. The angel appeared to Him also.

THEY both could have said No but God already KNEW they would not.
All we know is she was young . Most say close to 16.. Anyway .
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296332 May 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Unfortunately, there is an issue with this laptop; sometimes it takes phrases out of order and replants them elsewhere. I didn't catch it in that post. And yes, you're correct.
<quoted text>
Lol maybe it caught something from Madame Kindle..or topix. It does some odd things too

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#296333 May 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The brain was gone--everything that made her a person was gone. The medulla kept the body barely functioning.
<quoted text>
She has no idea how a brain functions. She doesn't even have first hand experience.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#296334 May 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Unfortunately, there is an issue with this laptop; sometimes it takes phrases out of order and replants them elsewhere. I didn't catch it in that post. And yes, you're correct.
<quoted text>
Is it Windows 8? That sh*t happens all the time with mine.
My cursor seems to have its own ideas... I'll be writing something and next thing I'm dropping down half a page trying to find the cursor. grrr!
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296335 May 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if she was forced -God should be able to do as He pleases, right?
He truly doesn't have to have you guys approval first. Yet cpeter, lets say evolution is real "although it isn't ", then how old should a girl be allowed to have kids?
Biologicaly speaking, Mary was probably able to have kids waaay, before She had Jesus .
She was blessed to be allowed to carry and birth, the onlt begotten Son of God :)
I disagree. GOD knew she would say be it done unto me or the angel would have gone elsewhere. There was no forcing. He chose her ..knew who she would be. Both SHE and Joseph from the line of David.

He knew who she was. What her answer would be when he spoke of her seed in the Garden.

Most say she was around Sixteen.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296336 May 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
My cursor seems to have its own ideas... I'll be writing something and next thing I'm dropping down half a page trying to find the cursor. grrr!
Do you or can you use a mouse with Windows 8'
I have 7 on comp

I disables the built in one. If I breathed on it it seemed to move the cursor. I have one if those mini that you plug in. works much better
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296337 May 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Or may be able to make it less sensitive. I got mine to stop but not sure if you can change sensitivity.
I like 7

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296338 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Or may be able to make it less sensitive. I got mine to stop but not sure if you can change sensitivity.
I like 7
I replaced my laptop recently, and was advised that I could no longer purchase a new computer with Windows 7, and that computers manufactured after 2011 were no longer equipped with a word processing program...had to buy that separately. It took me weeks to get used to Windows 8, and so many things are different. One has to 'figure out' how to find the power access, for example, among many other things...I miss Windows 7, too... like, a lot!

And you're right about the cursor, too - I'm constantly having to re-adjust it, especially in replies here on Topix.

Windows 8 was not designed for laptops, but for touch screen cell phones. And it shows. Bleah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 29 min mdbuilder 1,417,193
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 60,993
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 hr Ize Found 70,935
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 18 hr zazz 98,162
News Obama founder of ISIS, says Trump Mon spud 75
Review: I Love Kickboxing Aug 21 Charlie 35
Boca Raton Music Thread (Oct '13) Aug 21 Musikologist 8

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages