Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313199 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#295621 May 11, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Christ won't forgive you if you won't forgive others. In protestant faiths, they didn't wan't to follow what the Catholic Church taught, which is what Christ taught so they made up their own rules that is why there are so many denominations, they get mad and leave. You are hung up with thinking that it isn't okay to tell someone that they are sinning. Abortion is hidious and filthy no nice way to stand up to someone who upholds it, abortion is demonic and the pro choicers here are infested or close to it with demons, you have to be to support such an evil act.
Would you be shocked to know there is another choice other then catholic and protestants? Since the days Jesus walked the earth, He had followers, which have been called christians, who were never part of the catholic church, and for certain never came out from among her.

They preach, teach, and.put their "all " in the precious blood of Jesus Christ, for He alone is worthy!

There are still only a few "compared to the many " who call themselves christian. They are scattered out among different denominations. They live within the catholic church, baptist churches, presbetarians, episcipals, even some in the morman faith, seven day adventist, pentacostal, new pentacostal, southern baptist, free will baptist, primative baptist, yo yo ho ho baptist, lol, baptisted in Jesus Name churches, and the more I type the sadder it gets!

We are our worst enemy.

True christians can bear witness in spirit with other christians.
Know ye not, that we shall judge angels one day, in which we were made a little lower then? They look upon us and Marvel, how God could Love such a group. I have looked in the mirror many times and thought the same thing :(

May my "flesh" be crucified, and my Lord and Savior be Glorified!

Happy Mothers day to all who are mothers!!!
my.mother wasn't mother of the year, BUT she was still my mother, and I love and miss her greatlly!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#295622 May 11, 2013
My father was in an auto accident almost 30 years ago. He was deprived of oxygen for over 5 minutes; his mind wa gone. The body, however, was still reactive, but faltering. On machines, they could have kept him going for years, but there was no chance of recovering even a minimal portion of conscious brain function. My mother ordered the machines turned off; either the body would continue on its own, or it wouldn't; either way, her husband was dead. If doctors didn't "take life", they would have forced her to keep the body going...to who's benefit?
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well on some if that I agree. But here is the thing. I used to do REGs. Back in the 70s. Part of it was advertising brain death. we would up the sensitivity so high we could pick up electrical artefacts from the outlets. ANYWAY 2 coastlines. Done in a very specific manner..And they could pull the plug because ONLY THE machine was breathing
Had one patient..man in forties..found after stroke but several days old..He was gone but parents couldn't accept..Now this next is gross.
I DID one..flat went back a few days later. They had put him in a private room the smell was horrid..not only was the MY tube auctioning liquid...the nurse explained he was liquefying.
FINALLY SOMEONE git the machines turned off..ok in these conditions..keeping him plugged in was DOING HARM.
AND I know docs make decisions all the time that have that potential. And may make life and death acts or decision that do the same..
Unless there is malpractice or lunacy..these decisions are about sick or Terminal people..
Only during this abortion debate in the last decades. was the practice of ending a Healthy Human life..in the womb ..an issue..And so for political and other reasons..they changed the Oath..
BITNER..ending a terminal life is arguably doing LESS harm than allowing continued suffering sufferinG.
ENDING a Healthy Human life at whatever whatever stage Is Doing harm to That life.
Gtown71

United States

#295623 May 11, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Do you mean purgatory or limbo. Or is this something new
I believe either one is a dangerous doctrine, and for certain not from God, but I will say much money has been made over the years to "pray some one in " :(

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#295624 May 11, 2013
How cute...that was like a joke, but not funny.
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I located cpeter...
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130510/n...
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295625 May 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be shocked to know there is another choice other then catholic and protestants? Since the days Jesus walked the earth, He had followers, which have been called christians, who were never part of the catholic church, and for certain never came out from among her.
They preach, teach, and.put their "all " in the precious blood of Jesus Christ, for He alone is worthy!
There are still only a few "compared to the many " who call themselves christian. They are scattered out among different denominations. They live within the catholic church, baptist churches, presbetarians, episcipals, even some in the morman faith, seven day adventist, pentacostal, new pentacostal, southern baptist, free will baptist, primative baptist, yo yo ho ho baptist, lol, baptisted in Jesus Name churches, and the more I type the sadder it gets!
We are our worst enemy.
True christians can bear witness in spirit with other christians.
Know ye not, that we shall judge angels one day, in which we were made a little lower then? They look upon us and Marvel, how God could Love such a group. I have looked in the mirror many times and thought the same thing :(
May my "flesh" be crucified, and my Lord and Savior be Glorified!
Happy Mothers day to all who are mothers!!!
my.mother wasn't mother of the year, BUT she was still my mother, and I love and miss her greatlly!
Well said ..and Happy mothers day your wife.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295627 May 11, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that you crave the attention of the pagans but you advocate a slippery slope to hedonistic paganism. Do you support abortion? If you do you are proabortion. To support the choice is to support the choice of abortion. I8t is really that simple.
In your zeal to bend Christianity to cover the proabortion pagans on this thread, you are losing yourself in their paganism.
Read their posts, they hate Christianity, they hate Christians. They accept you because you apologize to them about everything, you apologize for real Christians. You tell them Jesus is fine with there heathen ways. You know better if you are a real Christian.
They only like Christians that basically renounce what it means to be a Christian. They are all fallen Christians that have embraced the dogma of Satan.
I will pray for your soul. Will they?
I would never apllogize for my Lord or my beliefs. But I don't have to be rude about stating them

Peace

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#295628 May 11, 2013
Still bitter about the hanger marks on your forehead?
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Mothers Day to the real Mothers who did not kill their own unborn children. They do not deserve any honor.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295629 May 11, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
My father was in an auto accident almost 30 years ago. He was deprived of oxygen for over 5 minutes; his mind wa gone. The body, however, was still reactive, but faltering. On machines, they could have kept him going for years, but there was no chance of recovering even a minimal portion of conscious brain function. My mother ordered the machines turned off; either the body would continue on its own, or it wouldn't; either way, her husband was dead. If doctors didn't "take life", they would have forced her to keep the body going...to who's benefit?
<quoted text>
Exactly what my post was talking about in gruesome detail..soory..
Those machines can only keep you breathing..That doesn't mean they can go on indefinitely..the brain is dead. It will decay..
But I agree with you. That is NOT LIFE. And it could be argued if one is believer ghat if the soul is still present..we are thwarting Gods will by not giving them a peaceful death..you said it correctly.
IF THRY CANNOT BREATHE ON THEIR OWN after all the heroics..unplugging them is not even euthanasia..They are NOT KILlNG THEM. They are already gone
Gtown71

United States

#295630 May 12, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
My father was in an auto accident almost 30 years ago. He was deprived of oxygen for over 5 minutes; his mind wa gone. The body, however, was still reactive, but faltering. On machines, they could have kept him going for years, but there was no chance of recovering even a minimal portion of conscious brain function. My mother ordered the machines turned off; either the body would continue on its own, or it wouldn't; either way, her husband was dead. If doctors didn't "take life", they would have forced her to keep the body going...to who's benefit?
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear about your father.
I clearly see a difference in unplugging a machine that is keeping one breathing or heart beating, when they can no longer do so, with no hope of ever doing so, and those who are otherwise healthy and being killed.
Just like a baby dying in it's mothers womb, and an otherwise healthy baby being killed and then removed.

Perhaps you remember the Terrie Shiavo case, where her husband wanted her feeding tube removed, against her parents wishes?

He had already moved on and was shacking up with another woman, but I geuss it bothered him, having a wife alive. Terrie breathed on her own, her heart beat on it's on. She would have tears go down her face, when she heard her mothers voice. She couldn't feed herself???!!!??

The feeding tube was removed, and about 9 days later she DIED.

WHAT THEY DON'T LIKE YOU TO KNOW, IS SHE STARVED TO DEATH.

Think as you will, but the judges, and hubby, and all involved will meet God one day as murderers.

I can only pray they get saved just like this sinner did.

JESUS TRULY SAVES.

Again I'm sorry for your loss, but to me there is a huge difference in what happened to your father, and what happened to terri shiavo.

I see a day comming soon, where we will have no need for nursing homes, when you get to the point of having to be taken care of, then you will be.put down like a dog.

I see a day comming soon, where post birth abortions will take place "legaly " since I'm sure there are already many done, out of over 3,500 daily abortions. That's 1 out of every 4 kids, which many on here seem to think are great numbers, and we should be thankful they "allowed " those kids to live.

I was once for abortion rights, but I was once for any and all unGodlyness.

No matter how one views it -Abortion is a sick, Godless, selfish act, but having said that, you cannot redo what's been done. There are many things I wish I could redo in my own life. I just pray all who know not God, will know Him, BEFORE they die, and accept His Free gift "for us" of salvation, that cost Him, His Only Begotten Son.

He came "lived a perfect life "the kind we cannot "died for us "you and me "took on ALL Sin "past, present, future, and went to Hell, where He took the keys of Hell, and came out Victorious over death, Hell, and the grave.

What a deal, just agree with God!!!

I did over 12 years ago and met a God, I didn't believe exsisted, it is my hearts prayer, that many on here do the same, before they meet a Hell, they don't believe in.
Gtown71

United States

#295631 May 12, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said ..and Happy mothers day your wife.
Thank you rose, I've been very blessed to have her. She's very simple, and nor high maintanice.

I got her a nice card from me and 6 yo chloe grace, and two potted plants hanging outside, that she will see on the way to church today :)

I've also put on a nice beef roast, with carrots, potatos, and many other stuff, with a smig of garlic.

I pray your day is great with you as well.

I even hope my mom "foo" has a wonderful day today, with all sincerity :)
Along with all mothers here.

I WISH ALL MOTHERS "HAPPY MOTHERS DAY " from Gtown 71 ;)

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#295632 May 12, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
RAZZ..even Pope Paul acknowledged the faith of Protestants. We believe in God..not a Church..And not gonna get started on that again.
Do you realize that you contradicted what you said ..We are,forgiven as we forgive..But you are so mad at the people on here it cones across unforgiving. Please read what you said.
I think Most of the people here are sincere in wanting to help women.
I personally do not agree that whole scale abortion in the end will do this. I think abortion is a poor choice for a woman and I believe many women suffer later for it. Esp when they see ultrasounds and feel their babies move..later in life. We know God can heal their pain..
But sorry to say attacking sincere people because you don't agree is not the way yo express belief in a MERCIFUL Lord. Condemning a woman who has aborted which I saw someone do a couple of years ago..is also not the way to go.It can make people turn on God......
.Only my opinion..Take it for what it's worth.Peace
Rosesz, you are absolutely correct. The words that Razzmatazz/sasssylicious writes to and about people who don't agree with her religious philosophy (even a devout Christian such as yourself) contradict what she just wrote about forgiveness. My understanding is that Jesus is compassion and pure love, personified, yet she behaves in a manner directly opposed to His teachings. She makes no effort to be forgiving. In fact, she revels in her complete lack of grace. Thank you for showing what a Christian should be.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295633 May 12, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Mothers Day to the real Mothers who did not kill their own unborn children. They do not deserve any honor.
Your extremism is showing again.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295634 May 12, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that you crave the attention of the pagans but you advocate a slippery slope to hedonistic paganism. Do you support abortion? If you do you are proabortion. To support the choice is to support the choice of abortion. I8t is really that simple.
In your zeal to bend Christianity to cover the proabortion pagans on this thread, you are losing yourself in their paganism.
Read their posts, they hate Christianity, they hate Christians. They accept you because you apologize to them about everything, you apologize for real Christians. You tell them Jesus is fine with there heathen ways. You know better if you are a real Christian.
They only like Christians that basically renounce what it means to be a Christian. They are all fallen Christians that have embraced the dogma of Satan.
I will pray for your soul. Will they?
Your extremism is showing again.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#295635 May 12, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with some of what you said..But he obviously knew about God . We have no way to know the STATE of his soul AT THE MOMENT of death.
From what I have learned..AFTER. is too late. Maybe I misread you.
Knutter makes this stuff up as she goes along.

Happy Mothers Day Rose and to all of the Mom's here!
rosesz

Dublin, Ireland

#295636 May 12, 2013
Happy Mothers Day to all. With God's blessings to you and yours.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#295637 May 12, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text> I think you need to take a religion class or two or three.
Take your own advice Knutbar.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#295638 May 12, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Mothers Day to the real Mothers who did not kill their own unborn children. They do not deserve any honor.
Real christian of ya there Tommychild.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#295639 May 12, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
They only like Christians that basically renounce what it means to be a Christian.
Uh no. You've renounced Christianity, and nobody can stand you, so you prove your own lie with your own words son.
rosesz

Dublin, Ireland

#295640 May 12, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Rosesz, you are absolutely correct. The words that Razzmatazz/sasssylicious writes to and about people who don't agree with her religious philosophy (even a devout Christian such as yourself) contradict what she just wrote about forgiveness. My understanding is that Jesus is compassion and pure love, personified, yet she behaves in a manner directly opposed to His teachings. She makes no effort to be forgiving. In fact, she revels in her complete lack of grace. Thank you for showing what a Christian should be.
Jesus was so full of compassion that He forgave those who crucified Him

I think RAZZ loves God in her way.

Peace and Happy Mothers Day.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#295641 May 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT THEY DON'T LIKE YOU TO KNOW, IS SHE STARVED TO DEATH.
One more instance of Gtown's stupidity. No son, she did NOT "starve to death", any more than the literally THOUSANDS of people that have ANH removed so they can pass naturally and peacefully. It takes a hell of a lot longer to die by starvation than the week it took Terri. Terri Schiavo was effectively brain dead. NO brain activity. She had autonomic reactions ONLY. She didn't see her mother or anyone else, she was BLIND as WELL as brain dead. ZERO brain stem activity.

You shouldn't mouth off about things you know NOTHING about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min ITS OVER OBAMA 1,481,603
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min mdbuilder 62,944
News 2 die in head-on accident on I-95 (Aug '06) 49 min Telmah 3
Annika Dean Mormon Crisis Actress 17 hr Joseph Smithy 1
News Multiple people shot, at least 3 dead at Fort L... 17 hr Robbie Parker 2
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 18 hr truth 7,994
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 hr TRD 71,313

Pompano Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages