Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
277,401 - 277,420 of 305,401 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

But the noise would be unbearable.
R C Honey wrote:
K,,, what kind of a world do we live in where this is acceptable?
Fireworks, public obscenity, civil disobedience, people walking around with pent up hatred inside... taking pleasure in manipulating others,,, celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, with little regard for the chaos around them....
The list goes on
my solution? Bubble wrap,,, lots and lots of bubble wrap.
The world would be a much better place with more bubble wrap!

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what a Christian is.
I absolutely do, and you, my warped friend, are the worst sort of Christian there is. I pity you.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Taylor v kentucky upholds the legal assumption of innocent until proven guilty:
http://www.casebriefs.com/blog/law/criminal-p...

It also regarded jury instructions, nothing else.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the U.S. Supreme Court, the presumption of the innocence of a criminal defendant is best described as an assumption of innocence that is indulged in the absence of contrary evidence (Taylor v. Kentucky, 436 U.S. 478, 98 S. Ct. 1930, 56 L. Ed. 2d 468 [1978]). It is not considered evidence of the defendant's innocence, and it does not require that a mandatory inference favorable to the defendant be drawn from any facts in evidence.
being found not guilty does not prove innocence. only that the state did not prove it's case.
oj was also found not guilty. think he did nothing wrong?
grumpy

Teaneck, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

razzmatazz wrote:
You are a shining example.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Too bad he never existed.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dimwit, Jesus dies on the cross for the sins of Jews and Gentiles alike. By his stripes we are all saved. You like to confuse the issue with your pagan inspired rants. Jesus is your Savior as much as he is mine.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a minute...you're all for showing video of abortions to kids, but not for educating them about their bodies, and why people enjoy sex??
Sounds a bit one sided.
I am All for telling them everything..The info I saw on the sd that the newspapers would not run because of graphics was a program aimed at .so they said and I said..young young terns and preternatural. IT looked like a cartoon..and was supposedly taken from the actual sec ed program..
WHAT I WAS trying to say..
Info should be age appropriate and 12 or 10 year Ole's should not be learning. About making sec better..they should know how their bodies work and the consequences of sex kn a general manner..that is fey young to be telling them how to enjoy sec. That young SEX is not a good idea for many reasons period.

As they get older on high school say...show them all the more graphic side ..videos ..pix of all of it.AND ULTRASOUNDS..BUT SEE I DONG THINK that sn oragsnization responsible for abortion is going to create a Seder video showing abortions. Probably not even ultasounds..but maybe...to discourage UNPROTECTED SEX or abstinence ir just plain waiting for a healthy relationship.
And why is the PC side so afraid of abortion videos that you call them lorn the PL love..I certainly don't..But if you std taking on educating about bodies and what can happen. IT should be more if a cautionary tale ..then a sec guide..Only my opinion.

Sorry but I don't think teaching techniques is going to discourage hooking up..and multiple partners which these kids think is ok..its NOT
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>She would have given birth, anyway, or had an illegal abortion. She had a free choice of going to court to fight for her right to legal abortion. She could have said no. She wasn't a young girl and she wasn't intellectually or mentally challenged. She changed her personal view on abortion years later. So what? That doesn't make her a victim.
She was in her twenties in a society that had no sec ed..no legal knowledge..and ni real knowledge of abortion..AND YES IT WAS HER CHOICE..my only point in that part was that she thought she would get an abortion out of it.

A lot of you seem to think that illegal abortion was a norm before ROE. It wasn't. In the sixties..We didn't even use the word. Let alone go look for one..
by the seventies it may have been a word a lot of people knew but we didn't just go to the corner and get one..They were done I know but not thar often ..it was not common practice..

SO the lawyers had her thinking this was a way to get rid of her pregnancy..why they picked a second trimester Wkman..seems also strange..but she was still asking if the appeal would grant her an abortion..She thought she would get one.
AND if she had had the illegal route open to her..they sure precluded that by getting her as a plaintiff..It said they were looking for a 5 month PREGNANT woman.

Its only my opinions..but whatever else she was or did..they used her

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
She was in her twenties in a society that had no sec ed..no legal knowledge..and ni real knowledge of abortion..AND YES IT WAS HER CHOICE..my only point in that part was that she thought she would get an abortion out of it.
A lot of you seem to think that illegal abortion was a norm before ROE. It wasn't. In the sixties..We didn't even use the word. Let alone go look for one..
by the seventies it may have been a word a lot of people knew but we didn't just go to the corner and get one..They were done I know but not thar often ..it was not common practice..the
SO the lawyers had her thinking this was a way to get rid of her pregnancy..why they picked a second trimester Wkman..seems also strange..but she was still asking if the appeal would grant her an abortion..She thought she would get one.
AND if she had had the illegal route open to her..they sure precluded that by getting her as a plaintiff..It said they were looking for a 5 month PREGNANT woman.
Its only my opinions..but whatever else she was or did..they used her
Wow. Okay, enjoy your opinion. Doesn't matter. She made her choice and millions of women are grateful and glad that she did. Whether she second-guessed herself or not is not our fault.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That type of "Christian" doesn't take responsibility for anything, good or bad. It's all in his god's hands and out of his own. How convenient.
I see your reading comp hasn't improved.:)
I take much responsibility on how I conduct myself AFTER becomming a christian. Rewards and losses all depend on how I treat the grace that's been given me.
However when it comes to my salvation, I had very very very little to do with that. That way God gets the Glory -not me. He also gets the Glory for all the good I do as well, see how it works now.

You give YOURSELF the glory for all you do, and if you die this way -you will pay for your own mistakes and sin, which is really dumb since they were already paid for -you just never went and accept your redemtion.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That type of "Christian" doesn't take responsibility for anything, good or bad. It's all in his god's hands and out of his own. How convenient.
By the way, you're answer is within your question. Those who put all their faith an trust in Christ are true Christians, any ANY group that teaches it takes what Christ did PLUS what you do in order to be saved are NOT teaching the way of Christ.

They do so in ignorance mainly, but not all.

They don't realize by saying this, it makes the people a CO - SAVIOR to themselves, and that don't cut it with God.

Eph. 2: 8-9 tells us how we are saved.
Luke 16 tells what happens after death to the lost and the saved.

One must choose before they die.

There is No going back.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dimwit, Jesus dies on the cross for the sins of Jews and Gentiles alike. By his stripes we are all saved. You like to confuse the issue with your pagan inspired rants. Jesus is your Savior as much as he is mine.
Tomtom, stop being a moron for a moment. Your jebus is certainly NOT my savior in ANY way, shape or form. Its 100% meaningless to me as a Jew, as it is to ALL of those of the Jewish faith.

Again, this ISNT rocket science. And why your kind keep trying to shove that shit down others throats is a puzzle.

Frankly, if it WAS your savior, I'd reject it simply because the very idea of sharing something as important as a personal relationship with G-d with something like you is simply repulsive.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the hypocrite? You keep bitching that we all supposedly "hate" Christians, yet you as a Christian don't mind spewing your own hate.
Exactly. Freaks like Tomtom are free to spew their OWN version of hatred in the name of their 'savior' of course, but dont see the splinter in their OWN eyes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you are sooooo ignorant, it is laughable.
If you think your jesus is the Jewish g-d, then its YOU that's not only laughable, but ignorant as well - you moron.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

razzmatazz wrote:
That's pretty funny - not to mention ironic - coming from the likes of you Knutter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Eph. 2: 8-9 tells us how we are saved.
Luke 16 tells what happens after death to the lost and the saved.
Neither mean shit to anyone that doesn't follow your version of "faith". You can't seem to understand that simple concept.
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
no it isn't. show me one post where i claimed the fetus has civil rights?
exactly what i've been saying? liar.
<gives finger>
So you don't think restrictions give fetuses limited rights?
And you do think state's rights are being protected by restrictions?

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

more for knutter,another misunderstood priest
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/...
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither mean shit to anyone that doesn't follow your version of "faith". You can't seem to understand that simple concept.
Yes I know this foo, that is why I tell others about my God, becouse my God is REAL. He has power to not only change lives, but also save souls.

He can take drunks and drug addicts, and make them into dads and moms.

Is your God real? Does He change lives and save souls? If so -why would you not want to tell others about Him?

You say you wouldn't accept my God, becouse you wouldn't want to have the same God as me and others, but My God loves you as well as all.

You may pick and choose who You deem unfit, but just know you're not so hot yourself when it comes to bring vile.

There is only One true God, and that God is only pleased with what His Son has done. Only faith in His Son, will help you.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
True
And my empathy mine..It seems her lover. Or whoever was not averse to airing lŠundry either.
Sounds like life wasn't all that loving for either of them..
And I feel worry for her also..
For them both. and have to say for all the unborn since the lawyers found ROE and used her situation for a cause.
Is she a hero..probably not..but a victim. Yes..and people who carry burdens for a long time rarely do it well..Sounds like. And only from that reporter but if true..she was pushed into a point in history because she was desperate for help..She then was on the spotlight..I am nit sure if was just money..We can not know till we walk a mile..but no ind can ever walk that particular mile again.
She was very much a hero in 1973 to the same people trashing her now. She was terrific when she was useful to their abortion cause.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know this foo, that is why I tell others about my God, becouse my God is REAL. He has power to not only change lives, but also save souls.
He can take drunks and drug addicts, and make them into dads and moms.
Is your God real? Does He change lives and save souls? If so -why would you not want to tell others about Him?
You say you wouldn't accept my God, becouse you wouldn't want to have the same God as me and others, but My God loves you as well as all.
You may pick and choose who You deem unfit, but just know you're not so hot yourself when it comes to bring vile.
There is only One true God, and that God is only pleased with what His Son has done. Only faith in His Son, will help you.
There may very well be one Divine Source of all creation, but NO ONE knows the real nature of that source, or what it wants from us, if anything. After all, why would an omniscient being need ANYTHING?

One of my favorite quotes is "All the faces the Divine shows us are true, and none of them are all truth."

Why wouldn't we want to bother people constantly with our own versions? Very simple, because some people know that religious beliefs are personal, and that our own are not the only valid beliefs. Some people also know that if a Deity is worthy of worship, no proselytizing is necessary.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info