Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,005
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294843 May 4, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of mine died kind of young from cancer. At her wake there was no casket but rather easels with picture collages showing her life, there were balloons and the funeral home played her favorite music.
Well that sounds less bad..but I want to be cremated. We have a Neptune Society Herr. If anyone wants my ashes greaT. Just put them in a garden if they want..anyway that does sound nice for the family.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294844 May 4, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pointing out the fact, that a woman and a very active gay man on here uses precautions,and are both older and have never had any issues?!?
Yeah, one of how many Gtown @@. Your notion that if all sexually active women used the services of PP that there would be no abortion issue is about on the 7th grade level.
Gtown71

United States

#294845 May 4, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, one of how many Gtown @@. Your notion that if all sexually active women used the services of PP that there would be no abortion issue is about on the 7th grade level.
7th grade is about a year or so late for some girls today. Notice kids are more sexualy active today then ever before?

I believe it has much to do with the message being sent, that no matter what happens, it can be fixed.

It has caused much harm for many.

We humans are not near as strong as we think we are at times, and things leave scars forever.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294846 May 4, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that sounds less bad..but I want to be cremated. We have a Neptune Society Herr. If anyone wants my ashes greaT. Just put them in a garden if they want..anyway that does sound nice for the family.
I've always been befuddled by these people that put crosses at accident scenes where someone died. Where I'm living now, there was a terrible accident where a man's wife died, and we see him every few weeks, with his two small children ages 4 and 5, putting up a new cross and flowers. It bothers me for some reason. I mean really??? DOnt you have a cemetary to go to to do that? I would NEVER want someone taking my daughter to the scene of an accident I died at. ESPECIALLY repeatedly like this guy does! Its kind of sick IMO.

Its been a running "joke" among my family and friends that you never see a Star of David anywhere, so when I do die, regardless of where or when, I want someone to put a Jewish star on the road somewhere, you know .... just because..... <<grin>>

And someone putting an FSM somewhere would REALLY mess with people's heads....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294847 May 4, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmmm true but my family knows I would hats it and white frankly I don't want yo subject my children or grandchikdrdn yo looking at me laid out...I got the creepy feeling my moms and grammars hands moved..better they remember me alive..Have a memorial if they want..sit around and say nice things in a living room..
Laying out does not shop you tot years from thinking..of let Mr call mom and tell her etc.
(Remember that old Crosby routine..where he puts a tape recorder in the coffin that says to the people..Hi. don't I look like myself)
Anyway this is personal for sure..The thing is. We should all be sure our families know tor sure whet we want.. I got pushed into an open casket for my mom..I bated it and refuse yo go to another funeral..Hopefully those I love know I love them beforehand...and the people I sm closest to..God forbid they go before Mr..Well antlyway. Cry just thinking about it!!
That's one thing I really love about the Jewish faith. No "viewings", and no days long wait for a funeral.

Some that were around two years ago will remember me posting, and saying that my dad was having chest pains, and two days later we buried him, and weeks before that, the same with my mom.

No viewing, we want to remember the person as they WERE alive, healthy and happy, not dead in a coffin.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294848 May 4, 2013
When my mom passed, we had her cremated--no viewing. She didn't WANT to be remembered as a body in a box. My father had a military funeral.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmmm true but my family knows I would hats it and white frankly I don't want yo subject my children or grandchikdrdn yo looking at me laid out...I got the creepy feeling my moms and grammars hands moved..better they remember me alive..Have a memorial if they want..sit around and say nice things in a living room..
Laying out does not shop you tot years from thinking..of let Mr call mom and tell her etc.
(Remember that old Crosby routine..where he puts a tape recorder in the coffin that says to the people..Hi. don't I look like myself)
Anyway this is personal for sure..The thing is. We should all be sure our families know tor sure whet we want.. I got pushed into an open casket for my mom..I bated it and refuse yo go to another funeral..Hopefully those I love know I love them beforehand...and the people I sm closest to..God forbid they go before Mr..Well antlyway. Cry just thinking about it!!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294849 May 4, 2013
It has to do with the age of menarche often being 9 or 10 years old, much younger than even MY generation. Their hormones trigger responses nobody has prepared them for.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
7th grade is about a year or so late for some girls today. Notice kids are more sexualy active today then ever before?
I believe it has much to do with the message being sent, that no matter what happens, it can be fixed.
We humans are not near as strong as we think we are at times, and things leave scars forever.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#294850 May 5, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. I mean he was experimenting with that supercilious thing on second trimester pregnancies at the BEGINNkng of his career. And the just got yo where he was doing really lard terms and according yo assistants bypassing the abortion altogether yo avoid suits. And just delkvering and killing the babies outright..sigh
Hope that jury gets him
He's a sick, sick criminal. How long do you think it will be before a movie is made about him? You know they will:-\

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#294851 May 5, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always been befuddled by these people that put crosses at accident scenes where someone died. Where I'm living now, there was a terrible accident where a man's wife died, and we see him every few weeks, with his two small children ages 4 and 5, putting up a new cross and flowers. It bothers me for some reason. I mean really??? DOnt you have a cemetary to go to to do that? I would NEVER want someone taking my daughter to the scene of an accident I died at. ESPECIALLY repeatedly like this guy does! Its kind of sick IMO.
Its been a running "joke" among my family and friends that you never see a Star of David anywhere, so when I do die, regardless of where or when, I want someone to put a Jewish star on the road somewhere, you know .... just because..... <<grin>>
That's a thing that Latinos do, commonly. They also take pictures of the body of their lived ones. It's just a cultural thing, here, and accepted. Death isn't a morbid subject in a lot of cultures.

Location hidden

#294852 May 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the village idiot strikes again. Went right over your head.

Location hidden

#294853 May 5, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
They do the cross thing here too. I've never asked the meaning of it, but have often wondered if it's not a "reminder" that tells other drivers to drive safely. The last thing I would do is physically put up a memorial on the side of the road to remind me of the accident that killed my loved one.
Me, I want my funeral short and sweet. I don't even want to drag it out for the normal two days. Closed casket, dress me in a nice night gown, friends and family visitation from 12-3, no preaching over me, put me in the ground the same day. I've only had to actively help plan a funeral twice in my lifetime and it's just too damned exhausting on top of grieving. "Get her done."

Location hidden

#294854 May 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
When my mom passed, we had her cremated--no viewing. She didn't WANT to be remembered as a body in a box. My father had a military funeral.
<quoted text>
I feel the same way Cp, don't want to be viewed for hours, put back and viewed again the next day.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294855 May 5, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I never thought of that..I think I always squared these memorials ..like crosses ..pox..stuffed animals with kids..teenagers...one thing the one by the side of the road might do....esp if there are a bunch is make you slow down..weird but I never gave a thought besides maybe rest in peace. STSR of David would be cool..but if I see one now ..gonna make me think of this post foo..ok what is a fsm..........and I agree it is kinds weird to take your kids..
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294856 May 5, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one thing I really love about the Jewish faith. No "viewings", and no days long wait for a funeral.
Some that were around two years ago will remember me posting, and saying that my dad was having chest pains, and two days later we buried him, and weeks before that, the same with my mom.
No viewing, we want to remember the person as they WERE alive, healthy and happy, not dead in a coffin.
I hear you...the older women in my family unfortunately. Like at my grammars..wailing and carrying on..but the Worst was in grammars effects..a picture of some lady laid out with her baby in the coffin..had to be. Maybe beginning half of 1900s..really maudlin

Sorry you lost both so close..my dad had accident when I was a kid...stepdad was shot and killed years later. And mom only 11 months later her heart...she had had to go testify at the trial of the murderer's too.....very hard on her..I think with older people maybe its harder to survive such a loss? NO MORE VIEWINGS OR FUNERALS. That I have any control over..Though for me I wont care. After ..I just here tgr thought of coffin thing. Oh well..and definitely no pictured in coffins....yuk yuk yuk

Can we get more morbid..lol
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294857 May 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO DOES. I mean really..in my daughters house lots of family pics on these tall walls in living room...
Thankfully the ones I Am in are at least 15 years old..the weird thing is the little kids know who each one is in the pics.. talk about leasing with their heads at a young age!!! LOL

NOW HERE IS GRAMMY.. Well son I know she doesn't look like that now but lets just ignore that. Lol
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294858 May 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>He's a sick, sick criminal. How long do you think it will be before a movie is made about him? You know they will:-\
Maybe for Tv.. its not a popular subject. Politics. Etc. I never heard of him until I heard it here..The few times since that I watched regular news. Nothing on it and the trial is going on!!!

This was a special I saw. And it was on Fox..and I hardly even watch that but once a week maybe to see whet is going on.Say what you will..they do cover all the stories and have people from both sides of issues..But this was just a story with stuff from the grand jury and the trial including very awful pix of his ghoulish specimen..I mean really..baby parts..in jars. His behaviour is kind of more like a serial killer IMHO..
AND I CANNOT. BElIEVE THE JURY IS STILL OUT!!! If they are..So little coverage..
I USED to watch news All the time..Now maybe a half hour after my hero Judge Judy..love her. Lol
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294859 May 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That's a thing that Latinos do, commonly. They also take pictures of the body of their lived ones. It's just a cultural thing, here, and accepted. Death isn't a morbid subject in a lot of cultures.
Old Italians about 50 years ago..See my post. Like the woman with her baby. In coffin..sorry bug way too much for me.
grumpy

Teaneck, NJ

#294860 May 5, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh grumpy lol..CHOICE does not only relate to abortion..I was speaking of free will we were given..and yes I know Roe gave women Choices I wish were not there..but alas they are ...
We always have choices in life. My wish is that we would use them BEFORE an unwanted pregnancy
But what if a wanted pregnancy became unwanted during a pregnancy because the mother contracted a disease which was going to result in a grossly deformed baby?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294861 May 5, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>They do the cross thing here too. I've never asked the meaning of it, but have often wondered if it's not a "reminder" that tells other drivers to drive safely. The last thing I would do is physically put up a memorial on the side of the road to remind me of the accident that killed my loved one.
Me, I want my funeral short and sweet. I don't even want to drag it out for the normal two days. Closed casket, dress me in a nice night gown, friends and family visitation from 12-3, no preaching over me, put me in the ground the same day. I've only had to actively help plan a funeral twice in my lifetime and it's just too damned exhausting on top of grieving. "Get her done."
Ok I think agree on the safety thing

Anyway when step dad killed. They shipped the body..had funeral. And then cremated..We were ALL IN SHOCK..murder and all.. I mean who gets shot 5 times ......
my mom..sis and I were sitting around talking a few days later..
GUY cones yo the door..gives us a box. Says here is. Mr.......
We all look at each other..First cremation we had in family

My mom takes box. Looks at it..Says well Poppy did want to lose weight. Talk about a tension bresker. We spent the next hour laughing and crying out loud.. It helped a bit.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#294862 May 5, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a Neptune Society?

I want people to laugh and tell funny stories about me and imitate me saying the things I always say, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min JOEL 71,103
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min johnplustwomore 1,154,314
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 41 min Anne 96,662
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 49,237
Review: G8 Van Lines 5 hr Leonard Hart 19
the outlaws motorcycle gang in south Florida is... (Feb '11) 9 hr Drifter 230
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 hr TRD 68,885
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web