Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310999 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Auburn, WA

#291793 Apr 4, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
What if, the world had not minded its own business during the Holocaust. What if? You pagans cannot help yourselves. The most self-centered selfish group in the world.
Godwin's Law applies here, too.
Or did you think you were special?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#291794 Apr 4, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
What if, the world had not minded its own business during the Holocaust. What if? You pagans cannot help yourselves. The most self-centered selfish group in the world.
Had Hitler been aborted there wouldn't have been a Holocaust. LOL

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#291795 Apr 4, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Another self-centered proabortion pagan, who hates her own femininity. Don't you think woemn ave reproductive organs for a reason? Forget science, forget nature, you pagans have your own slefish rules.
Forget our reproductive organs, they are not your business perv.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#291796 Apr 4, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Another self-centered proabortion pagan, who hates her own femininity. Don't you think woemn ave reproductive organs for a reason? Forget science, forget nature, you pagans have your own slefish rules.
I've been pregnant 5 times, raised 3 beautiful daughters and have 2 beautiful granddaughters. How much can/do I hate my femininity? Not at all. I sometimes wear grubbies with frilly under-things and painted toenails showing, repair my own car, my own computer, or other household items and appliances all while vacuuming and mopping floors. Learned to breast feed while cooking meals from scratch, reading/studying, sewing, and/or playing Super Nintendo. Do my own yard work and tend to animals throughout the day.

You're the one with your own selfish rules. Damn the woman while worshiping the fetus; that's your motto.
<spit>
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#291797 Apr 4, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the truth hurts, huh Knut.
Look in the mirror, you are as ugly as sin.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#291798 Apr 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
To paraphrase rhett butler, ink needs to be "victimized" and often, and by someone who knows how!
<quoted text>
lmao!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#291801 Apr 4, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have is your hatred! that is evident in your name you use. You are just another angry, self-centered proabortion pagan!
Said the angry, self-centered, control-freak fundie.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#291802 Apr 4, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text> Look in the mirror, you are as ugly as sin.
You're ugly and rotting on the inside. Some hideous beast must've shat you out during it's death throes.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#291803 Apr 4, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text> Look in the mirror, you are as ugly as sin.
You're a miserable, pathetic, shallow b*tch who will always be ugly on the inside no matter what you look like.
Gtown71

United States

#291806 Apr 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Self-defense is actually irrelevan as you describe it. It's the reasonable FEAR of danger that constitutes self-defense, and the FACT is that any pregnancy can go south at any time. The woman gets to decide what the extent of the risk might be, and whether she will accept the risk.
<quoted text>
Defence and fear can be spun many ways, just most don't know what they are capable of. I'll give you an example -YOU are walking down a dark street and YOU see 3 mean looking guys headed your way, and it becomes clear that they mean to do you harm! How do you feel?

Now the same senerio, but you are across the street, where no one sees you, and those same three thugs are headed toward someone you love dearly -Now how do you feel?

It goes back to selfishness, if a mom is worried things may go south for her, instead of protecting her baby.
Gtown71

United States

#291807 Apr 4, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may believe that, but I do not. The bible is merely a book penned and edited by mortal men, and we all know how inaccurate humans can be when retelling stories. And one thing we do know is that people came up with fantastical stories to explain what was once the unexplainable.
At one time your religion believed/taught the Sun, stars and planets all revolved around the Earth and it was heretical thinking to say otherwise, and we all know how that turned out. And that is the religion we are supposed to take as the explanation of anything?
Our religion has many today trying to tie the bible and evolution together, it also has the kkk and other goof balls, but it doesn't make the bible less true. If science misses "which it does often",then they go a different dirrection. Their cry is (just give us more time!!!)
The problem is -YOU only have so much, so you best be certain you're right.

I say Jesus is the only way, and that I am certain.
Ocean56

AOL

#291808 Apr 4, 2013
The Prince wrote:
Another self-centered proabortion pagan, who hates her own femininity. Don't you think women have reproductive organs for a reason? Forget science, forget nature, you pagans have your own slefish rules.
Don't YOU think women have other interests besides being just a mindless baby factory for God and church? I assure you, we DO. That doesn't mean we "hate our own feminity," idiot, no matter how many times you male religionist kooks claim otherwise.

Again, motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required. Women can cheerfully reject motherhood entirely, or have just ONE child by choice, and still be completely feminine. This ISN'T the 18th or 19th century any more, Tommydumdum, and EACH woman gets to decide for HERSELF whether to be a mother or not. Those of us who are already moms also decide how many children EACH of us wants, rather than having some nosy church clerics dictating to us that we should "leave birth control up to God" or something equally stupid.

I'm very grateful for the availability of reliable contraception that has kept me pregnancy-FREE the last 15+ years. For me, PREGNANCY SUCKS, which is why I so love NOT being pregnant.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291809 Apr 4, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text
At one time your religion believed/taught the Sun, stars and planets all revolved around the Earth and it was heretical thinking to say otherwise, and we all know how that turned out. And that is the religion we are supposed to take as the explanation of anything?
“...Kepler was helped by a number of Jesuit astronomers, including Father Paul Guldin and Father Zucchi, and by Giovanni Cassini, who studied under Jesuits. Cassini and Jesuit colleagues were eventually able to confirm Kepler’s theory on the Earth having an elliptical orbit….A Catholic priest, Father Nicholas Zucchi, invented the reflecting telescope. Among the many great Catholic clerical astronomers Giuseppe Piazzi discovered the first asteroid, Ceres, in 1801, and established the observatory at Palermo. Piazzi also obtained modern equipment and instruments for it, and converted Palermo from a backwater in poverty-stricken and ignorant Sicily to a great center for astronomy, a position it has maintained ever since, later being involved with the first imaging X-ray astrophysics. Despite being a Catholic priest and indeed a Professor of Dogmatic Theology in Rome, in 1788 Piazzi traveled to England to work with the astronomer Nevil Maskelyne, a Protestant minister, and the famous instrument-maker Ramsden. A little before this a Jesuit mathematician, R. G. Boscovich, had played a key role in charting the way to modern nuclear physics. In the 20th century a Catholic priest and scientist, Fr. Georges Lemaître, discovered the Big Bang.(He was concerned that it not be used as an argument to prove the existence of God, which he held should be a matter of faith.)…”

From American Spectator G H Colebatch
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291810 Apr 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>

Which do you find more acceptable? An embryo aborted at the 8th gestational week or a life-threatening viable fetus aborted at 32 weeks gestation?
The fate of a baby born alive after an attempted abortion should be left up to " the woman. her family and her physican"

http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp...

Do you agree? Does Planned Parenthood have neo-natal equipment on hand to aid such a child.?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291811 Apr 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Theories are not finalized because they are reactive to FACTS. Religion stays the same because you need neither facts nor proof. Dogma is not evidence of anything; every religion has its own, and none agree. A physicist in jerusalem has the same data to reference as one in malibu.
<quoted text>
Has science disproved anything in the Bible?
Jellybeans

Ardsley, NY

#291812 Apr 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The fate of a baby born alive after an attempted abortion should be left up to " the woman. her family and her physican"
http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp...
Do you agree? Does Planned Parenthood have neo-natal equipment on hand to aid such a child.?
This is sick! PP are sick bastards.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#291813 Apr 4, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our religion has many today trying to tie the bible and evolution together, it also has the kkk and other goof balls, but it doesn't make the bible less true. If science misses "which it does often",then they go a different dirrection. Their cry is (just give us more time!!!)
The problem is -YOU only have so much, so you best be certain you're right.
I say Jesus is the only way, and that I am certain.
At least science deals with research and analysis. Scientists don't simply insist that something is true and then do nothing to prove it.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#291814 Apr 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
“...Kepler was helped by a number of Jesuit astronomers, including Father Paul Guldin and Father Zucchi, and by Giovanni Cassini, who studied under Jesuits. Cassini and Jesuit colleagues were eventually able to confirm Kepler’s theory on the Earth having an elliptical orbit….A Catholic priest, Father Nicholas Zucchi, invented the reflecting telescope. Among the many great Catholic clerical astronomers Giuseppe Piazzi discovered the first asteroid, Ceres, in 1801, and established the observatory at Palermo. Piazzi also obtained modern equipment and instruments for it, and converted Palermo from a backwater in poverty-stricken and ignorant Sicily to a great center for astronomy, a position it has maintained ever since, later being involved with the first imaging X-ray astrophysics. Despite being a Catholic priest and indeed a Professor of Dogmatic Theology in Rome, in 1788 Piazzi traveled to England to work with the astronomer Nevil Maskelyne, a Protestant minister, and the famous instrument-maker Ramsden. A little before this a Jesuit mathematician, R. G. Boscovich, had played a key role in charting the way to modern nuclear physics. In the 20th century a Catholic priest and scientist, Fr. Georges Lemaître, discovered the Big Bang.(He was concerned that it not be used as an argument to prove the existence of God, which he held should be a matter of faith.)…”
From American Spectator G H Colebatch
"Biblical references Psalm 93:1, 96:10, and 1 Chronicles 16:30 include text stating that "the world is firmly established, it cannot be moved." In the same manner, Psalm 104:5 says, "the Lord set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved." Further, Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that "And the sun rises and sets and returns to its place" etc."

"Galileo was found "vehemently suspect of heresy", namely of having held the opinions that the Sun lies motionless at the centre of the universe, that the Earth is not at its centre and moves, and that one may hold and defend an opinion as probable after it has been declared contrary to Holy Scripture. He was required to "abjure, curse and detest" those opinions.[59]
He was sentenced to formal imprisonment at the pleasure of the Inquisition.[60] On the following day this was commuted to house arrest, which he remained under for the rest of his life.
His offending Dialogue was banned; and in an action not announced at the trial, publication of any of his works was forbidden, including any he might write in the future."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei
Katie

Auburn, WA

#291816 Apr 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The fate of a baby born alive after an attempted abortion should be left up to " the woman. her family and her physican"
http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp...
Do you agree? Does Planned Parenthood have neo-natal equipment on hand to aid such a child.?
Instead of using my post only as a springboard, why don't you answer the question? Which do you find more acceptable? An embryo aborted at the 8th gestational week or a life-threatening viable fetus aborted at 32 weeks gestation?
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#291817 Apr 4, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're ugly and rotting on the inside. Some hideous beast must've shat you out during it's death throes.
Satan opened his legs and squirted you out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nuculur option 1,375,261
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Into The Night 58,876
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Budmo hey budmo heey 70,473
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Tue zazz 98,021
News Broward school bond projects could face big cos... May 1 Marcy June 1
News Kamla in Us as Trini businessman honoured in Fl... May 1 Marcy June 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Coral Springs May 1 Lizt316 39
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages