Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310339 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290717 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
There will be no draft under Obama. Guaranteed.
But I'll save this to ridicule you with this time next year.
Hope you are right but he better get a better handle on his foriegn policy.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290718 Mar 27, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner has never posted in a way that could be construed as "angry", In fact, when I first saw her posts, years ago, I thought she was always "to the point", didn't mince words, and a little dry.(sorry Bit! first impressions! I know you a lot better now!)
:)
LOL, not a problem, Hon :)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#290719 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you read this. And now we have a female director of selective service and I'm sure she will want women included in the manpower.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/01/25...
SHe can "want" all she wants - she doesn't get a say. The President and Congress does, and I GUARANTEE they aren't going to be reinstating a draft ANYTIME soon, and women WONT be included if they do. Women CANT be included as the law stands.

Location hidden

#290720 Mar 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of not answering questions, why did you ignore Foo's to you?
Because she's a dishonest twit.

Location hidden

#290721 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What question? I just speed read over her insults and most of your's too.
There was no insult idiot. YOu even quoted the question that you then ignored.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#290722 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Your first sentence included the word "deserves"....so YEAH,it is(according to your words)about the word "deserves".
@@
Change it to "medical choice" all you want. KILLING a humans life is the description. It all changes at the discrepancy of the mother huh? WANTED=BABY...UNWANTED/PROCHOI CE=MEDICAL CHOICE.
I wasn't aware that my pregnancy was a medical choice. For centuries women birthed in their homes alone...no medical. How DID they survive?
lol
They also aborted without any undue duress. Learn the history of why physicians wanted induced abortion criminalized and then, a hundred years later, wanted it legally reinstated, monitored by the medical community.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#290723 Mar 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, oh, the irony of this post.
I am not a "proabort", Hypocrite.
Guilt? LOL, nope, sorry. You are wrong.
When they reinstate the draft, and include women, then ask me. Until then, no one is being drafted and so your question is moot.
Seems to me, with drone technology, there should never be a need for the draft, again.

Location hidden

#290724 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh cut the crap we all have service members in our families.
Perhaps YOU shoult cut the crap Inkstain. YOU were the one that claimed I dont know what its about. I simply proved you wrong.

Again.
Some of us even have dead service members.
But as long as its just men, you're okay with that. We know.
There will be a draft if we get involved in yet another war.
Yeah yeah, idiots like you have been making that claim since Grenada. We've been involved in quite a few since then and its not been necessary yet.

You act like you HOPE it happens. Sick.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290725 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps YOU shoult cut the crap Inkstain. YOU were the one that claimed I dont know what its about. I simply proved you wrong.
Again..
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah, idiots like you have been making that claim since Grenada. We've been involved in quite a few since then and its not been necessary yet.
You act like you HOPE it happens. Sick.
foo speaks of my family members lost to war

<quoted text>" But as long as its just men, you're okay with that."

Anybody told you that you are vicious today? If not, let me be the first

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290726 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
foo speaks of my family members lost to war
<quoted text>" But as long as its just men, you're okay with that."
Anybody told you that you are vicious today? If not, let me be the first
Her post was based upon your own attitude. If you want to blame someone, look in the mirror.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290727 Mar 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Her post was based upon your own attitude. If you want to blame someone, look in the mirror.
Yeah right little minion. You are just as vile. Happy Easter.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#290728 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Should it? In a perfect world, yes it should, becuase you're 100% right - without it happening automatically, there's no true equality.
Will it happen? I honestly dont believe it would. Since the draft isn't anything ANYONE likes to begin with, I can't see Congress ever even bringing it to a vote. Can you imagine the outrage of middle American constituants if it was even SUGGESTED women be included in the draft?
The reason it works in other countries such as Israel, is because the countries were FOUNDED that way, with both women AND men being drafted, and being in the active military being manditory.
I believe what will happen is they'll leave women fighting in active military units to where it stands now - as a volunteer military basis where if they qualify and WANT to fight in battle, they will.
I think that feminists should be on the front lines DEMANDING that women be treated equally.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290729 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right little minion. You are just as vile. Happy Easter.
No more than you are. Blessed Ostara.

Location hidden

#290730 Mar 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I already made my position clear, Lazy One.
But since you ARE too lazy to read all of the posts for this conversation, fine. I do fight for equality for women and men. I think that if men should register with Selective Service and be drafted, then women should be as well. I don't believe they will reinstitute the draft, but if they do, I will protest it equally for women AND men. No one wants any of their children to be drafted, daughters OR sons. But I do feel that both genders should be allowed to volunteer to fight for their country.
There, Lazy One. Pay better attention next time.
Well said.

Location hidden

#290731 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is going to fight in all these wars that our elected official deem neccessary? Or do you think the weight should be carried solely by inlisted men who have to serve multible deployments?
What didn't you nderstand about her post? It was as clear as can be.

Location hidden

#290732 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're been beaten over the head because you're a moron. You have NEVER asked a rational question regarding this issue - you've made some seriously stupid blanket comments.
Sue is not pro-choice as you well know, but she's treated with respect because she treats OTHERS with resepct regarding their views.
When shown new information, she doesn't ignore it. She may not AGREE with it, but its not ignored.
Kind of like you implying she's pro-choice when you know better.
You like to ignore the facts that aren't convenient to your agenda.
I guess that you and I wil just have to have a big, nasty, no holds barred fight to PROVE that I'm prolife.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290733 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that feminists should be on the front lines DEMANDING that women be treated equally.
You know, they are all too old to be affected and the hell with anyone who has to face the possibility.

Just like being for abortion when they are already here. As long as it doesn't affect them adverely, they are behind it full force.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290734 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand all her posts.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290735 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290736 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, thanks :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min EasyEed 1,263,824
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 40 min Searching 4 erica... 97,452
News If Donald Trump sought to address National Urba... 53 min Believer 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr litesong 54,356
dan l dailey sexts teen boys (Jan '14) 6 hr leslie 6
Review: Degree Insider 9 hr Marketing 1
Billy Graham's grandson steps down from Florida... 20 hr USA Today 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages