Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,359
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290478 Mar 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok foo (eyes roll)
Let's just focus on my mistress a sec, since you have a lapse in memory on my mother.
I never said anything about my mistress, yet you gladly called her a slut, so do you stand for womens sexual and reproductive rights or not?
I realize I go to extremes, but I'm not here to make friends, which would be very easy, just agree with you and be for abortion, but I'm here to show you how you have no standard.
By whom or what standard do ye judge?
Please don't be like elise and talk "good " moral standards, becouse what was the moral standard on gay /lesbian people 30 -40 years ago?
Despite what you call me, or think about me -my goal will be done, it already is in the works :)
There is no one "moral standard". That is the point.

Morals are subjective, not objective, and relative to the person/group holding them.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#290479 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Bitter doesn't mind sending her daughter off to war, she thinks all women should be put in that position even though most sane mothers would be devastated to see their daughters have to go.
You think sane mothers aren't devastated to see their SONS go to war?

You're an idiot.

Women in the active military isn't that big a deal anymore. Hell, in Israel, 33% of their soldiers are women, and 51% of the officers are women.

Why should women be exempt? Its okay for our sons to die, but not our daughters?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290480 Mar 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a collasal crock of shit! "what they had to deal with was mostly positive"??? You're f'd in the head Inkstain.
Guess you never went to school with kids from two parent families who had good role models and they could concentrate on growing up and learning how to become responsible adults. Not everybody grew up dysfunctional.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290481 Mar 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>You think sane mothers aren't devastated to see their SONS go to war?
You're an idiot.
Women in the active military isn't that big a deal anymore. Hell, in Israel, 33% of their soldiers are women, and 51% of the officers are women.
Why should women be exempt? Its okay for our sons to die, but not our daughters?
You just can't think like woman and a mother.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290482 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Morals are subjective, not objective, and relative to the person/group holding them.
Morals are subjective,

They certainly are.
Gtown71

United States

#290483 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you don't know how we all think. We do not even all have the same thoughts on any give subject. We don't have a hive mind.
What you ignore every time I bring it up, is that one may have an opinion about an action without necessarily wanting to take away anyone's right to act in such a way.
When do I ignore you.
You kinda make my whole point -people have different opinions on many things.
So who's right? If we are talking the best tasting coffee? Who really cares either way, if we're talking about serious matters, then we need to make sure we're right.

I can't think of a more serious matter, then if there is a God, and if we have a soul which will live on forever (somewhere)

I'm not against legal abortions, if that's what the majority of our country wants, but it is more like a dirty secret that no one likes to be associated with.
if it was no big deal, then every doctor would be doing it "which is what many on your side have an opinion on -and that opinion is to 'force' all docs to do them on demand.
You cannot legislate morality, becouse the very word morality means different things to different folks.

If the people of the US were able to cast their vote on abortion, I wonder how it would be today.

There are some absolutes, and those absolutes are not negotiable,in Gods eyes.
it all goes back to we cannot and would not be fit for such a standard. We all need a savior.
Some of us have realized this -many refuse to.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290484 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you never went to school with kids from two parent families who had good role models and they could concentrate on growing up and learning how to become responsible adults. Not everybody grew up dysfunctional.
Where is your proof that the experiences of kids in two parent families was "mostly positive"? Where is your proof that all those families had parents that were "good role models"? THAT is what we are questioning, you Moron.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290485 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Morals are subjective,
They certainly are.
...and relative to the person/group holding them.

Do you even KNOW what the word subjective means?
Gtown71

United States

#290486 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I to used to believe this.
I no longer do.
Where do we draw the line?
just in our laws alone -people in times past would be punished, for things that we are told to accept as normal.
Where will it end?
There are a few who believe in doing things, that even the most liberal of people would find hugely offensive, yet to them it is just how they roll.

They say it is better to drag out into the open what is growling at you, so atleast you know the truth -good or bad.
A person will never be liberated,untill they realize the truth.

Location hidden

#290487 Mar 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok foo (eyes roll)
Let's just focus on my mistress a sec, since you have a lapse in memory on my mother.
I never said anything about my mistress, yet you gladly called her a slut, so do you stand for womens sexual and reproductive rights or not?
Your so called mistress being a slut has nothing to do with whether I support her right to make her own choices.

Supporting someone's right to make their own choices dosen't mean one has to support the choices they make.
I realize I go to extremes, but I'm not here to make friends, which would be very easy, just agree with you and be for abortion, but I'm here to show you how you have no standard.
Uh no. I have standards son. You and I would never be friends. You're stuck on stupid, and my friends are always eager to learn new things.

You are the definition of extreme child, and because of that, you're not taken serously. You are the POSTER child for "Dont let this happen to you".
By whom or what standard do ye judge?
@@ "ye"? Who the fuck do you think you are son? Suddenly you're Amish or Shakespearian?@@

I judge like everyone else does, by the standards I was raised with and taught to have. My parents were together 54 years, & never screwed around on each other. My grandparents were an arranged marriage that turned into a long love story. My standards are if you're in a monogomous relationship, you end that relationship BEFORE starting a new one. I have never in my life stepped out on anyone I was with, and wouldnt stand for it being done to me.
Please don't be like elise and talk "good " moral standards, becouse what was the moral standard on gay /lesbian people 30 -40 years ago?
Moral standards has nothing to do with who one loves and their sexuality. Not 30-40 years ago, and not now.

Why just go back 30 or 40 years? Go back further and you can find a LOT of wonderful moral standard's gay and lesbians to look up to. Gertrude Stein and Alice B Toklas were an excellent example of a wonderful couple that held very strict moral standards to look up to for young gay women. Leonardo da Vinci. Michelangelo - who was Catholic. Walt Whitman. I looked up to all these people when I was coming out in the late 70's. THen again, I was well educated, unlike you.

Clearly you wouldn't know a decent moral standard if walked up and shook your hand.
Despite what you call me, or think about me -my goal will be done, it already is in the works :)
If your goal is making a fool of yourself is your goal, you've succeeded.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#290488 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
More lies from you, and no one is surprised. I do understand that you can't take the fact that I don't let you get away with making untrue statements. It's okay, Little Boy.
LOL. What can you possibly be able to pull off that will make me "not get away with it"? And I'm sure that statement was all too familar for you.
Gtown71

United States

#290489 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes -I had a few friends that had good solid families, and it makes a huge difference on the path a person takes "every circumstance in different ",but I found foo's comment about peoples "SONS "going to war being just as bad.

Isn't it neat how they pick what they want, when they want?
If you start telling them about someones SON who gets his girlfriend pregnant, but she wants to abort, then it's too bad!

Double S
I know how they think and judge, becouse I was just like them.
If I started thinking about my drinking to much -I would start thinking about someone I knew that would drink more then me. Then I would feel better about myself :)

Location hidden

#290490 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't think like woman and a mother.
Yet I AM both a woman AND a mother. AND I served in the military.

That has nothing to do with your stupid comments.

You claimed a woman would be "devistated" to have their daughters go to war, suggesting that they're less "devistated" by their sons going. Clearly you think the sons are expendable and the daughters aren't.

Perhaps its because I grew up in a family where women not only went into the military, but FOUGHT in it in Israel. That's the NORM there. It one of the reasons I went into our military, because I wasn't living in Israel as so many of our family was.

Too many people like you have screwed up idea's about this kind of thing. NOBODY want's their child/spouse/bother/sister/par ent to go to war. It happens. Normal - or to use your word - "sane" people deal with it.

Location hidden

#290491 Mar 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Which is why you will never be liberated. You're too tied down to your dogma, and YOUR dogma alone to view the world through real eyes.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290492 Mar 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
When do I ignore you.
You kinda make my whole point -people have different opinions on many things.
So who's right? If we are talking the best tasting coffee? Who really cares either way, if we're talking about serious matters, then we need to make sure we're right.
I can't think of a more serious matter, then if there is a God, and if we have a soul which will live on forever (somewhere)
I'm not against legal abortions, if that's what the majority of our country wants, but it is more like a dirty secret that no one likes to be associated with.
if it was no big deal, then every doctor would be doing it "which is what many on your side have an opinion on -and that opinion is to 'force' all docs to do them on demand.
You cannot legislate morality, becouse the very word morality means different things to different folks.
If the people of the US were able to cast their vote on abortion, I wonder how it would be today.
There are some absolutes, and those absolutes are not negotiable,in Gods eyes.
it all goes back to we cannot and would not be fit for such a standard. We all need a savior.
Some of us have realized this -many refuse to.
You ignored this point earlier today.

No, when it comes to opinion, we don't "need to make sure we're right".

Your religious beliefs are irrelevant to anyone who doesn't share them. So are mine. It's personal.

Every PCer here has been clear that they support choice. There is no "secret" here.

Not one PCer here has ever suggested that doctors should be made to perform elective abortions. Not one. When you have to lie this way, you've already lost the argument, you know.

You're right, you can't legislate morality. However, this statement coming from you contradicts other things you have said. And legislating morality is what the vast majority of anti-choicers are attempting to do in this case.

Given that nearly two-thirds of the country, including some who consider themselves "pro-life" think RvW should be upheld, I'd say it would still be legal if put to the vote. Still, the right to make one's own choice about one's own pregnancy is part of the civil right we all have to privacy, based upon the civil right of all citizens to "life, liberty and property". And that is not up for popular vote. The same reasoning that prevents us from owning a person's body also applies to a woman's uterus. Period.

There may very well be absolutes, but no one on earth knows them. You may have personal absolutes, and act according to them. You don't get to impose them on others. Your right to swing your fist ends at my face.

Your beliefs about what any god may or may not think, and about the need for a savior, is irrelevant to others. No one is obligated to live according to your personal beliefs.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290493 Mar 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I to used to believe this.
I no longer do.
Where do we draw the line?
just in our laws alone -people in times past would be punished, for things that we are told to accept as normal.
Where will it end?
There are a few who believe in doing things, that even the most liberal of people would find hugely offensive, yet to them it is just how they roll.
They say it is better to drag out into the open what is growling at you, so atleast you know the truth -good or bad.
Believe it or not. It doesn't change the reality that a moral code is subjective, personal, relative, and not dependent on religion.

If you don't do things you believe are wrong only because of being afraid to offend your God, then you are using religion as a crutch.

Laws change with society. What doesn't change stagnates, and dies, societies just like anything else.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290494 Mar 26, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. What can you possibly be able to pull off that will make me "not get away with it"? And I'm sure that statement was all too familar for you.
I've already done so many times, Little Boy.

Would you like some cheese to go with your whine?
Gtown71

United States

#290495 Mar 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your so called mistress being a slut has nothing to do with whether I support her right to make her own choices.
Supporting someone's right to make their own choices dosen't mean one has to support the choices they make.
<quoted text>
Uh no. I have standards son. You and I would never be friends. You're stuck on stupid, and my friends are always eager to learn new things.
You are the definition of extreme child, and because of that, you're not taken serously. You are the POSTER child for "Dont let this happen to you".
<quoted text>
@@ "ye"? Who the fuck do you think you are son? Suddenly you're Amish or Shakespearian?@@
I judge like everyone else does, by the standards I was raised with and taught to have. My parents were together 54 years, & never screwed around on each other. My grandparents were an arranged marriage that turned into a long love story. My standards are if you're in a monogomous relationship, you end that relationship BEFORE starting a new one. I have never in my life stepped out on anyone I was with, and wouldnt stand for it being done to me.
<quoted text>
Moral standards has nothing to do with who one loves and their sexuality. Not 30-40 years ago, and not now.
Why just go back 30 or 40 years? Go back further and you can find a LOT of wonderful moral standard's gay and lesbians to look up to. Gertrude Stein and Alice B Toklas were an excellent example of a wonderful couple that held very strict moral standards to look up to for young gay women. Leonardo da Vinci. Michelangelo - who was Catholic. Walt Whitman. I looked up to all these people when I was coming out in the late 70's. THen again, I was well educated, unlike you.
Clearly you wouldn't know a decent moral standard if walked up and shook your hand.
<quoted text>
If your goal is making a fool of yourself is your goal, you've succeeded.
I love how you speak for all when you say what I say doesn't matter.
Plus the fact that you would Never cheat on a partner. Good for you foo, am glad you come from a long line of goodness.

Maybe God will weigh our good against our bad, but I'm pretty sure He doesn't work like that.

Not cheating on your loved one is very admired, but if you read Hosea, which katie said it made her cry when she read, then you will realize it is talking about how people cheat on God.
That should be what you concern yourself with.
Would you be so bold on that if asked, have you ever "stepped out " on God?

Location hidden

#290496 Mar 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes -I had a few friends that had good solid families, and it makes a huge difference on the path a person takes "every circumstance in different ",but I found foo's comment about peoples "SONS "going to war being just as bad.)
WTF are you babbling about Gtown?

Are YOU going to try to claim that its less devistating for a mother to watch her military son go to war, than it would be for her military daughter? That the son's are more expendible than the daughters, because that's what Inkstain is suggesting with her stupid comment.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#290497 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already done so many times, Little Boy.
Would you like some cheese to go with your whine?
Yikes, so intimidating...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,129,132
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min DDDD-25 47,580
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 47 min JOEL 70,145
Overpaid Firefighters (Sep '10) 1 hr Righteous 427
Naturopathic protocol for periodontal disease (Mar '11) 2 hr Donald Newman DDS 7
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 4 hr King George 96,529
Review: YOGA AURA 13 hr Sarah Davis 3
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pompano Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]