Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,636)

Showing posts 272,701 - 272,720 of303,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're deflecting. So you DID pull that figure out of your *ass, just like the other one. Got it.
From factsanddetails.com

One Chinese official said the one-child policy has prevented 300 million births, the equivalent of the population of Europe. The reduction of population has helped pull people out of poverty and been a factor in China’s phenomenal economic growth. One way the government records progress in its birth control programs is by monitoring the "first baby" rate—the proportion of first babies among total births. In the city of Chengdu in Sichuan for a while the first baby rate was reportedly 97 percent

What is it you are trying to dispute?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
And how would that differ from our drafting of only childen?
<quoted text>
Yuo'l have to go back and start the discussion at the beginning.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

She must have entire file cabinets lodged in there.
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're deflecting. So you DID pull that figure out of your *ass, just like the other one. Got it.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should it matter ? If the basis of of woman's right to abort is based on the right to privacy/personal autonomy then why should there be restrictions at ANY point ? Her circumstances haven't changed. She still has an entity (human life) attached to her and sustaining itself through that attachment.
On the other hand, if that entity is entitled to legal protection, which at some point, the SC has said it is, then it should be entitled to protection at all times. It is the same entity. Just at a different stage of its development. Just as an infant is at a different stage of development than a toddler.....or a toddler from an adolescent.
Nope, when you rip the facade away from RvW it fails on every level.
<quoted text>
Of course I don't dispute that. Who can ? To do so would be to ignore the uniqueness of the process by which every one of us came into being. How does the fact that men don't have anything comparable....in any way justify the legal termination of human life ? If it were a fact that men could also become pregnant would you then say that restriction of a woman's right was OK because men could be comparably restricted ? If not then why would you raise the point at all ? Your argument has no logical basis.
Can you dispute that RvW is terrible Constitutional law ? Or are you saying because you agree with the decision that they ultimately reached......that justifies the fatally flawed means by which they reached that decision ?
"Why should it matter ?"

I've had this debate a few times before with Sassy. There are pretty much restrictions on everything. Nothing I can think of is 100% without restrictions. If a woman wants to abort a pregnancy then there is ample time to make that decision.

And we know it is the same entity, but in reality a zygote or an embryo is different from a viable fetus with regard to this issue. Can you really see telling a woman in the first trimester that she is forced to remain pregnant? To tell her that her zygote/embryo has rights that supersede her own?

"Nope, when you rip the facade away from RvW it fails on every level."

No, I disagree. You can't tell women that an unborn embryo/zygote has rights that supersede her own rights. You can't give the unborn more rights than the born.

"If it were a fact that men could also become pregnant would you then say that restriction of a woman's right was OK because men could be comparably restricted ?"

We'll never know...but I'm very willing to bet that if men could get pregnant there would be NO restrictions. Men would get enraged at the very idea that some z/e/f has rights over HIS rights.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text> He, and you both, are bad jokes.
Maybe a short nap and you will wake up in a better mood, bitter.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, the bra burnings were decades ago, and so was the screaming.
I may be wrong, but imo there are some things men are better suited for than women, but I'm not saying women shouldn't have the right to fight for their country.
I agree with you. I just believe, if a certain position requires certain qualifications ,then they should be met.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Adultery is still illegal in many states, and I said our laws are much "like " the 10 c's
Why is rape wrong? Who says it is? How can some things be wrong and others not? If you seen a 50 yo man taking advantage of a young girl, becouse she's drunk, and you just "know " what he has in store for her, as her helps her to his car -why do you get a sick feeling about what you see?
The laws of God are written on the heart of man (people) some things don't have to be written and read -you just "know " they are wrong.
Geesh how ironic that you would use rape as an example. Maybe you should reread your Bible, particularly the Old Testament. Seems your god condoned rape, especially of young girls and women. He even commanded the Israelites to engage in it in a number of instances

Judges 21:10-24 NLT
So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

Numbers 31:7-18 NLT
Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves

Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
To switch gears a bit - I've been on another topic far away discussing the draft,which could possibly be reinstated one day, so I'm curious to ask all who are in favor of women's rights and for them to be allowed to serve on front lines next to men. If a draft did occur, would you be ok, if this time women are made to sign up and drafted?
I'm opposed to the draft. I think women should serve on the front lines, as enlisted soldiers.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Women should be required to sign up for the draft.
If a man is required than so should a woman be. I guess Gtown can't wrap his head around the fact that we know what equality means.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct. Things must and do suffer. I know many do not share my view, but I believe God intended some jobs for men only. Can women do those jobs? Yes, many can, but why??? Like you said women in america are stressed out now.
Why? Because they have the right to do those jobs, if they so desire. Their personal reasons aren't your business nor mine. Why would a man want to do a "woman's job," like stay-at-home parent, or neonatal nurse? Who cares? The point is that we all have the right to have the job that we want.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Susanm wrote:
OK, worked last night and work tonight, gotta get some sleep. Have a great day all.
Sounds like we work the same hours, Sue.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I don't believe that women should go off and leave their children but it is what women want these days and I believe they will make it happen.
Women military personnel are deployed all the time, so it's already happening. True equality is an inevitably. This is a good thing.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
From factsanddetails.com
One Chinese official said the one-child policy has prevented 300 million births, the equivalent of the population of Europe. The reduction of population has helped pull people out of poverty and been a factor in China’s phenomenal economic growth. One way the government records progress in its birth control programs is by monitoring the "first baby" rate—the proportion of first babies among total births. In the city of Chengdu in Sichuan for a while the first baby rate was reportedly 97 percent
What is it you are trying to dispute?
What, by asking you where you get your info? I wasn't disputing anything, just asking.

The one child policy does not affect 91%(or even 97%) of the population. I'd say about half, if that much. It only applies in the urban areas, where approximately half the population lives. And even there, it doesn't apply to women pregnant with twins, ethnic minorities, or couples who are themselves each an only child.

Still, again, I was being sarcastic in my post to Gtown. He understood that, even if you're too stupid to have done.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I already acknowledged that they do, you f*cking idiot. That has nothing to do with my post. WHERE did you get that 91% figure?
There's something wrong with that woman. She revels in being as obtuse as possible. What a useless hobby.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid you're right.
I just believe that there are still women who doesn't want to leave their kids, do take pride in the FULL TIME JOB of keeping their house in order. They could still work or do things outside the home, but not be a slave to it.
I also believe and wish these women would standards up, and tell all the women who use the mask of equal rights as a cover for what they really want "full control ",that they've had enough.
If they're christians, then they should already know who's in control, and it is not the man or woman.
We live in an upside down world, and I will answer my own question, which is No -I don't think girls should be drafted in any way.
We absolutely support woman who choose to be stay-at-home parents. We also support men who choose to be stay-at-home parents. It's called equality. It's not complicated, but I support your right to make it as complicated in your mind as you like. Enjoy.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, the bra burnings were decades ago, and so was the screaming.
I may be wrong, but imo there are some things men are better suited for than women, but I'm not saying women shouldn't have the right to fight for their country.
Uh oh. I see that horrible, pesky word on the horizon : choice.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fine with that. And I say this as the mother of a 19 year old daughter, as well as a 23 year old son already signed up with Selective Service.
Last time you told me your dimmed pearls were 19, 23, and 27. Liar!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. I just believe, if a certain position requires certain qualifications ,then they should be met.
I wouldn't want to leave my kids behind to go into combat, and I doubt I'm even suited for combat, but other women may feel differently.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you're done. You're wrong. I'd say I was done too if I was as wrong as you. Why subject yourself to more ridicule ? Or put yourself in a position where you're forced to compose babbling, nonsensical responses like this one.
<quoted text>
Wrong. I love it when you do. You only demonstrate how clueless you are every time you do.
<quoted text>
Wrong again. I don't THINK it's incorrect. It IS incorrect. There is no context within which the term "reaching viability" EVER makes any sense for a born infant. NONE.
<quoted text>
I keep referring back to one specific incident ? When was that ? Find one example of me referring back to a specific incident. Again, if I KEEP doing it it shouldn't be that hard to find.
And when did I ever say you approved of infanticide ? You lie.
<quoted text>
You're done wit it alright. How many times have I heard that ?
Doc, I'm not sure what your point is, other than to insist I am wrong. Maybe you just enjoy rubbing my nose in it? Whatever the case is, we don't agree. It's not the first time or the last time.

BTW, I did misread your chastising me for saying WTF. I thought you were referring back to last year. Which is the point I made and am sure you understood. You don't need to waste your time chastising me, though. I don't need another Daddy. Thanks anyway.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Uh oh. I see that horrible, pesky word on the horizon : choice.
That's what it all comes down to though...each person making their own choices.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 272,701 - 272,720 of303,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance