Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
272,681 - 272,700 of 305,500 Comments Last updated 55 min ago
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#290279 Mar 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc, I'm not sure what your point is, other than to insist I am wrong. Maybe you just enjoy rubbing my nose in it? Whatever the case is, we don't agree. It's not the first time or the last time.
BTW, I did misread your chastising me for saying WTF. I thought you were referring back to last year. Which is the point I made and am sure you understood. You don't need to waste your time chastising me, though. I don't need another Daddy. Thanks anyway.
You DO realise that 'doc' is baiting you, dont you? Its clear he simply wants to see how long he can string you along the same lines. Its not like he's EVER going to concede he's wrong.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#290280 Mar 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think its a good thing for a woman to leave her newborn for a year or more?
It makes no difference what anyone else thinks. If she can handle it more power to her.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#290281 Mar 24, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You DO realise that 'doc' is baiting you, dont you? Its clear he simply wants to see how long he can string you along the same lines. Its not like he's EVER going to concede he's wrong.
Doc sure loves his bones...
Gtown71

United States

#290283 Mar 24, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>It makes no difference what anyone else thinks. If she can handle it more power to her.
You don't have kids do you?

It may shock you and many here, but when a woman is married, or has a child, or both, it is no longer all about what the woman wants, or atleast in a sane world.
What about her child? Can they handle it?
Have you read what it does to kids, when their parents are incarcerated?

What's the difference? Atleast one can visit their parents from time to time.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#290284 Mar 24, 2013
We send fathers overseas all the time. I guess dads really ARE expendible.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have kids do you?
It may shock you and many here, but when a woman is married, or has a child, or both, it is no longer all about what the woman wants, or atleast in a sane world.
What about her child? Can they handle it?
Have you read what it does to kids, when their parents are incarcerated?
What's the difference? Atleast one can visit their parents from time to time.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#290285 Mar 24, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
If girls and women think school or work is hard now, they should know that becoming a mother will be ten times harder. Many mothers and grandmothers donít tell young girls and women in their family exactly how hard motherhood truly is, for reasons known only to them.
I strongly disagree with the practice of keeping girls in ignorance of this. I believe they NEED to know what being a mother will require of them, so they can make an informed decision about being a mother, even if it means some girls will decide not to be mothers at any point in their lives. That is just fine if some don't want to be mothers. Not all girls or women are suited to be moms, and choosing NOT to be a mother is just as valid as the choice to be one.
Some of the hardships mothers of all ages will face once a baby arrives include -- but are not limited to -- the following:
1. Loss of freedom
2. Loss of sleep
3. Loss of money
4. Loss of education and job/career opportunities
5. Loss of mobility
6. Loss of private time
7. Dealing with colic
There is no escaping the fact that becoming a mother makes a girlís/woman's life much HARDER and she loses most, if not all, of the benefits and comforts she had before she got pregnant.
Too many girls/women are PRESSURED into having children by family members and/or religious community, and purposely aren't told just how very hard motherhood is until AFTER they have had a baby. I think it is high time that changed. If some girls/women decide they don't want the hardships of motherhood, that is fine. The choice for a woman to be childfree is just as valid and respectable as the choice to be a mother.
Yoiu should rent yourself out as a walking billboard for abortionariums. You are disgusitng. You hate the very essence of a woman and that is her role as the bearer of new life. You are as cold as the dead in your viewpoint of humanity.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#290286 Mar 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid you're right.
I just believe that there are still women who doesn't want to leave their kids, do take pride in the FULL TIME JOB of keeping their house in order. They could still work or do things outside the home, but not be a slave to it.
I also believe and wish these women would stand up, and tell all the women who use the mask of equal rights as a cover for what they really want "full control ",that they've had enough.
If they're christians, then they should already know who's in control, and it is not the man or woman.
We live in an upside down world, and I will answer my own question, which is No -I don't think girls should be drafted in any way.
There are my friend, there are,. You just win't find many on this thread. Most of these praobortion lesbain pagans hate children and complain because they hate their lives as mothers. That is why they also hate men because that is what they wanted to be born as.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#290287 Mar 24, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
She must have entire file cabinets lodged in there.
<quoted text>
Strange comment from a gay man that has admitted he is a catcher. I am sure the emergency room has seen you to extract a few things from your backside over the years. How many gerbils have given their lives for your enjoyment?
Ocean56

AOL

#290288 Mar 25, 2013
Susanm wrote:
"The choice for a woman to be childfree is just as valid and respectable as the choice to be a mother."
I agree, as long as that decision is made before they become pregnant.
Sorry, I should have expanded that thought a little bit further. I'll correct that error now.

The choice for a woman to be childfree is just as valid and respectable as the choice to be a mother, and that applies both before and AFTER a woman becomes pregnant.

NO birth control method is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy, which means it can happen while a woman is on some form of birth control. If that happens, the woman still has the right NOT to stay pregnant if she doesn't WANT to do so. HER pregnancy, HER decision. Simple as that.
Ocean56

AOL

#290289 Mar 25, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
We absolutely support woman who choose to be stay-at-home parents. We also support men who choose to be stay-at-home parents. It's called equality. It's not complicated, but I support your right to make it as complicated in your mind as you like. Enjoy.
Militant religionist guys like "Gtown" and Tommy obviously have serious issues with equality. They make THAT obvious every time they post.:-)
Ocean56

AOL

#290290 Mar 25, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
Women military personnel are deployed all the time, so it's already happening. True equality is an inevitably. This is a good thing.
Exactly. However, true equality is not a good thing for militant religionist guys who still think women should be total slaves to the home. They have made THAT fact very clear already.
Ocean56

AOL

#290291 Mar 25, 2013
The Prince wrote:
Yoiu should rent yourself out as a walking billboard for abortionariums. You are disgusitng. You hate the very essence of a woman and that is her role as the bearer of new life. You are as cold as the dead in your viewpoint of humanity.
Your obvious hatred for women who don't conform to the 19th century "cult of true womanhood" insanity is noted, Tommydumdum, and DISMISSED. Glad to disappoint you that you have NO control of women and our sexual/reproductive decisions. Suck it up, LOSER.

Thankfully, EACH girl or woman can decide for HERSELF whether she wants to be a mother or not, preferably long BEFORE a pregnancy happens. However, if an unwanted pregnancy does happen, due to birth control failure or any other reason, it is still HER decision whether or not to continue that pregnancy.

The choice for a woman to be childfree is still just as valid and responsible as the choice to be a mother.
Ocean56

AOL

#290292 Mar 25, 2013
The Prince wrote:
There are my friend, there are,. You just win't find many on this thread. Most of these praobortion lesbain pagans hate children and complain because they hate their lives as mothers. That is why they also hate men because that is what they wanted to be born as.
That's right, Tommydumdum, these days, there aren't many women who want to be as STUCK IN THE PAST (by at least two centuries) as you are.

Both marriage and motherhood are still OPTIONAL, not required. That means women don't have to get married OR be mothers unless we WANT to do either or both. You're just angry that you can't FORCE women into marriage and motherhood. Too bad, for YOU, that is.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#290293 Mar 25, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than her opinion of abortion, I agree with Ocean. Women need to know the reality and seriously consider how their lives will change by becomming a mother.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#290294 Mar 25, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I should have expanded that thought a little bit further. I'll correct that error now.
The choice for a woman to be childfree is just as valid and respectable as the choice to be a mother, and that applies both before and AFTER a woman becomes pregnant.
NO birth control method is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy, which means it can happen while a woman is on some form of birth control. If that happens, the woman still has the right NOT to stay pregnant if she doesn't WANT to do so. HER pregnancy, HER decision. Simple as that.
I disagree. Once the woman becomes pregnant there are two lives that deserve respect and protection.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#290295 Mar 25, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what it all comes down to though...each person making their own choices.
Yes, that's all it is. Some people are against it. Weird.

Atrisco Village

#290296 Mar 25, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I truly don't wish to complicate it, but if you want it that's great, but what about the women who don't ?
they've pretty much been forced to accept it.
I don't like the draft either, but when push comes to shove, and if they must do it, then the girls will have to "man " up.
many can and will, but many cannot.
We don't live in a perfect world, never have, never will,lo but the average american fanily is stressed to the max.
Ocean list. Lol
Every dish is dirty.
Chlothes are dirty
Nothing cooked
Nothing to cook
Noone has went shopping
Families meet each other in the halls
as they pass back and forth.
house looks like a dump
both parents work all day.
Small kids are dropped off to whomever.
divorce rate over 50%
Unemployement high.
Labor force was doubled when women went into the outside jobs, even though this country almost fell in way back when mostly men worked.
I don't have all the answers, but I do know things are not better then they used to be and getting worse.
Women now have a choice, and for most working moms, it is called no choice.
The economy forces both men and women to do what they must to make ends meet. Actually, for many, many families, both parents have always held jobs to keep from poverty. As for things being worse than they used to be, that's just your perspective. As a single mother, I can tell you that couldn't have achieved what I have for myself and my loved ones in your "good old days." Anyway, you're wasting your time mourning what you can't have. Your daughter deserves a father who is optimistic if her future, not some doomsday soothsayer, raining on her parade. Kids hear, see and perceive everything, son.

Atrisco Village

#290297 Mar 25, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think its a good thing for a woman to leave her newborn for a year or more?
Women have maternity leave, so I don't know what women in the military are leaving their newborns.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#290298 Mar 25, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
THe ignorance from you is astounding, especially as you call yourself a christian, as you lie with every post you make.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290299 Mar 25, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't want to leave my kids behind to go into combat, and I doubt I'm even suited for combat, but other women may feel differently.
You wouldn't have a choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min j rocker 1,102,066
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr gcaveman1 46,390
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr J RULES 69,109
is Broadview Park still called trash can alley 4 hr itscrossville 1
the outlaws motorcycle gang in south Florida is... (Feb '11) 5 hr wordman aka big s... 223
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 12 hr AWAKE 2,125
Look Who Got Bust.com: Remove Mug Shot From Google (Jun '11) 13 hr Rob 12
•••
•••
•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••