Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290265 Mar 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
From factsanddetails.com
One Chinese official said the one-child policy has prevented 300 million births, the equivalent of the population of Europe. The reduction of population has helped pull people out of poverty and been a factor in China’s phenomenal economic growth. One way the government records progress in its birth control programs is by monitoring the "first baby" rate—the proportion of first babies among total births. In the city of Chengdu in Sichuan for a while the first baby rate was reportedly 97 percent
What is it you are trying to dispute?
What, by asking you where you get your info? I wasn't disputing anything, just asking.

The one child policy does not affect 91%(or even 97%) of the population. I'd say about half, if that much. It only applies in the urban areas, where approximately half the population lives. And even there, it doesn't apply to women pregnant with twins, ethnic minorities, or couples who are themselves each an only child.

Still, again, I was being sarcastic in my post to Gtown. He understood that, even if you're too stupid to have done.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#290266 Mar 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I already acknowledged that they do, you f*cking idiot. That has nothing to do with my post. WHERE did you get that 91% figure?
There's something wrong with that woman. She revels in being as obtuse as possible. What a useless hobby.

Atrisco Village

#290267 Mar 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid you're right.
I just believe that there are still women who doesn't want to leave their kids, do take pride in the FULL TIME JOB of keeping their house in order. They could still work or do things outside the home, but not be a slave to it.
I also believe and wish these women would standards up, and tell all the women who use the mask of equal rights as a cover for what they really want "full control ",that they've had enough.
If they're christians, then they should already know who's in control, and it is not the man or woman.
We live in an upside down world, and I will answer my own question, which is No -I don't think girls should be drafted in any way.
We absolutely support woman who choose to be stay-at-home parents. We also support men who choose to be stay-at-home parents. It's called equality. It's not complicated, but I support your right to make it as complicated in your mind as you like. Enjoy.

Atrisco Village

#290268 Mar 24, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, the bra burnings were decades ago, and so was the screaming.
I may be wrong, but imo there are some things men are better suited for than women, but I'm not saying women shouldn't have the right to fight for their country.
Uh oh. I see that horrible, pesky word on the horizon : choice.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#290269 Mar 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fine with that. And I say this as the mother of a 19 year old daughter, as well as a 23 year old son already signed up with Selective Service.
Last time you told me your dimmed pearls were 19, 23, and 27. Liar!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#290271 Mar 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. I just believe, if a certain position requires certain qualifications ,then they should be met.
I wouldn't want to leave my kids behind to go into combat, and I doubt I'm even suited for combat, but other women may feel differently.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#290272 Mar 24, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you're done. You're wrong. I'd say I was done too if I was as wrong as you. Why subject yourself to more ridicule ? Or put yourself in a position where you're forced to compose babbling, nonsensical responses like this one.
<quoted text>
Wrong. I love it when you do. You only demonstrate how clueless you are every time you do.
<quoted text>
Wrong again. I don't THINK it's incorrect. It IS incorrect. There is no context within which the term "reaching viability" EVER makes any sense for a born infant. NONE.
<quoted text>
I keep referring back to one specific incident ? When was that ? Find one example of me referring back to a specific incident. Again, if I KEEP doing it it shouldn't be that hard to find.
And when did I ever say you approved of infanticide ? You lie.
<quoted text>
You're done wit it alright. How many times have I heard that ?
Doc, I'm not sure what your point is, other than to insist I am wrong. Maybe you just enjoy rubbing my nose in it? Whatever the case is, we don't agree. It's not the first time or the last time.

BTW, I did misread your chastising me for saying WTF. I thought you were referring back to last year. Which is the point I made and am sure you understood. You don't need to waste your time chastising me, though. I don't need another Daddy. Thanks anyway.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#290273 Mar 24, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Uh oh. I see that horrible, pesky word on the horizon : choice.
That's what it all comes down to though...each person making their own choices.
Gtown71

United States

#290274 Mar 24, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>We absolutely support woman who choose to be stay-at-home parents. We also support men who choose to be stay-at-home parents. It's called equality. It's not complicated, but I support your right to make it as complicated in your mind as you like. Enjoy.
I truly don't wish to complicate it, but if you want it that's great, but what about the women who don't ?
they've pretty much been forced to accept it.

I don't like the draft either, but when push comes to shove, and if they must do it, then the girls will have to "man " up.
many can and will, but many cannot.

We don't live in a perfect world, never have, never will, but the average american fanily is stressed to the max.

Ocean list. Lol
Every dish is dirty.
Chlothes are dirty
Nothing cooked
Nothing to cook
Noone has went shopping
Families meet each other in the halls
as they pass back and forth.
house looks like a dump
both parents work all day.
Small kids are dropped off to whomever.
divorce rate over 50%

Unemployement high.
Labor force was doubled when women went into the outside jobs, even though this country almost fell in way back when mostly men worked.

I don't have all the answers, but I do know things are not better then they used to be and getting worse.
Women now have a choice, and for most working moms, it is called no choice.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290275 Mar 24, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time you told me your dimmed pearls were 19, 23, and 27. Liar!
What lie, Imbecile?

I have a 19 yr old daughter, a 23 yr old son, and a (now) 28 yr old daughter, who wouldn't have to register even if women were to be required to do so. She's past the age required of males. There was no lie. You're delusional.
Gtown71

United States

#290276 Mar 24, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Women military personnel are deployed all the time, so it's already happening. True equality is an inevitably. This is a good thing.
So you think its a good thing for a woman to leave her newborn for a year or more?
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#290277 Mar 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe a short nap and you will wake up in a better mood, bitter.
I'm in a perfectly fine mood, although you could likely stand to take your own advice. Seem's you have nothing better to do in your life than to post here from morning until night playing dumbass.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#290278 Mar 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. I just believe, if a certain position requires certain qualifications ,then they should be met.
Kind of like your Jesus didn't meet the qualifications for messiah huh?
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#290279 Mar 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc, I'm not sure what your point is, other than to insist I am wrong. Maybe you just enjoy rubbing my nose in it? Whatever the case is, we don't agree. It's not the first time or the last time.
BTW, I did misread your chastising me for saying WTF. I thought you were referring back to last year. Which is the point I made and am sure you understood. You don't need to waste your time chastising me, though. I don't need another Daddy. Thanks anyway.
You DO realise that 'doc' is baiting you, dont you? Its clear he simply wants to see how long he can string you along the same lines. Its not like he's EVER going to concede he's wrong.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#290280 Mar 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think its a good thing for a woman to leave her newborn for a year or more?
It makes no difference what anyone else thinks. If she can handle it more power to her.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#290281 Mar 24, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You DO realise that 'doc' is baiting you, dont you? Its clear he simply wants to see how long he can string you along the same lines. Its not like he's EVER going to concede he's wrong.
Doc sure loves his bones...
Gtown71

United States

#290283 Mar 24, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>It makes no difference what anyone else thinks. If she can handle it more power to her.
You don't have kids do you?

It may shock you and many here, but when a woman is married, or has a child, or both, it is no longer all about what the woman wants, or atleast in a sane world.
What about her child? Can they handle it?
Have you read what it does to kids, when their parents are incarcerated?

What's the difference? Atleast one can visit their parents from time to time.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#290284 Mar 24, 2013
We send fathers overseas all the time. I guess dads really ARE expendible.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have kids do you?
It may shock you and many here, but when a woman is married, or has a child, or both, it is no longer all about what the woman wants, or atleast in a sane world.
What about her child? Can they handle it?
Have you read what it does to kids, when their parents are incarcerated?
What's the difference? Atleast one can visit their parents from time to time.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#290285 Mar 24, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
If girls and women think school or work is hard now, they should know that becoming a mother will be ten times harder. Many mothers and grandmothers don’t tell young girls and women in their family exactly how hard motherhood truly is, for reasons known only to them.
I strongly disagree with the practice of keeping girls in ignorance of this. I believe they NEED to know what being a mother will require of them, so they can make an informed decision about being a mother, even if it means some girls will decide not to be mothers at any point in their lives. That is just fine if some don't want to be mothers. Not all girls or women are suited to be moms, and choosing NOT to be a mother is just as valid as the choice to be one.
Some of the hardships mothers of all ages will face once a baby arrives include -- but are not limited to -- the following:
1. Loss of freedom
2. Loss of sleep
3. Loss of money
4. Loss of education and job/career opportunities
5. Loss of mobility
6. Loss of private time
7. Dealing with colic
There is no escaping the fact that becoming a mother makes a girl’s/woman's life much HARDER and she loses most, if not all, of the benefits and comforts she had before she got pregnant.
Too many girls/women are PRESSURED into having children by family members and/or religious community, and purposely aren't told just how very hard motherhood is until AFTER they have had a baby. I think it is high time that changed. If some girls/women decide they don't want the hardships of motherhood, that is fine. The choice for a woman to be childfree is just as valid and respectable as the choice to be a mother.
Yoiu should rent yourself out as a walking billboard for abortionariums. You are disgusitng. You hate the very essence of a woman and that is her role as the bearer of new life. You are as cold as the dead in your viewpoint of humanity.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#290286 Mar 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid you're right.
I just believe that there are still women who doesn't want to leave their kids, do take pride in the FULL TIME JOB of keeping their house in order. They could still work or do things outside the home, but not be a slave to it.
I also believe and wish these women would stand up, and tell all the women who use the mask of equal rights as a cover for what they really want "full control ",that they've had enough.
If they're christians, then they should already know who's in control, and it is not the man or woman.
We live in an upside down world, and I will answer my own question, which is No -I don't think girls should be drafted in any way.
There are my friend, there are,. You just win't find many on this thread. Most of these praobortion lesbain pagans hate children and complain because they hate their lives as mothers. That is why they also hate men because that is what they wanted to be born as.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,219,989
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 min Cold Front 69,681
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min OzRitz 52,839
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro 26 min If Madonna calls 32
Does anyone remember Mr. Grumps?? (Nov '07) 1 hr Leighblock 5
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 10 hr Anne 97,145
News Child Sex Charges Filed Against Boca's Paul Dolan 18 hr Pufflet 1
More from around the web

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]