Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
272,481 - 272,500 of 305,478 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#290066 Mar 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:26-38
King James Version (KJV)
26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
OK except the version I heard said "betrothed" instead of "espoused".
In addition, someone here said that Mary felt Jesus when Elisabeth was in her 6th month. Yet according to this passage, Mary had not yet concieved.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#290067 Mar 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok :)
The reason for the remark I made about bitner was because of how many feminists and liberals attack ruthlessly you and your friends. I thought I could even it out.
Gtown71

United States

#290068 Mar 22, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't that AFTER she became pregnant? So when was she given a choice? Unless she could have chose abortion.
Why you know grumps abortion has been going on for thousands of years, so sure she could have :)
Sin is transfered through the seed of man, just like when eve ate the fruit , but sin entered after adam ate the fruit.:)
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290069 Mar 22, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>OK except the version I heard said "betrothed" instead of "espoused".
In addition, someone here said that Mary felt Jesus when Elisabeth was in her 6th month. Yet according to this passage, Mary had not yet concieved.
No it was Elizabeth who felt John move in her womb when Mary came to visit.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#290070 Mar 22, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>OK except the version I heard said "betrothed" instead of "espoused".
I also don't remember any mention of her age.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#290071 Mar 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be a "good " person, and you fight for womens rights, so do you draw a line one womens reproductive, or sexual rights?
Example -if a single mom, starts going out to the bars and bringing home different men, and having sex with some of those men -it she a slut, whore, or a woman who, although may not make the choices you would, still free to do as she pleases?
Your thoughts please, and thank you.
Even though it is not at all a lifestyle I would choose for myself, she is free to do as she pleases.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#290072 Mar 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
So why do they allow 80yo's to marry--they clearly can't reproduce.
<quoted text>
Well, the dude can.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#290073 Mar 22, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that it were only so simple. If it's the concept of fetal rights that bothers you, a fetus can be afforded legal protection without being assigned rights per se. In fact fetuses are already afforded a level of legal protection post-viability. Sure its under the guise of the "states right to protect potential life", but it is legal protection nevertheless.
<quoted text>
How did we get so far away from the point of RvW being terrible Constitutional law ?
"Would that it were only so simple. If it's the concept of fetal rights that bothers you, a fetus can be afforded legal protection without being assigned rights per se. In fact fetuses are already afforded a level of legal protection post-viability. Sure its under the guise of the "states right to protect potential life", but it is legal protection nevertheless."

That still gives women a choice earlier in their pregnancy.

"How did we get so far away from the point of RvW being terrible Constitutional law ?"

But can you dispute what I wrote? Men don't have anything comparable. They will never have this type of issue. Their rights are not really put in this kind of jeopardy.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#290074 Mar 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
In real life, who is against birth control? you presonally know anyone against birth control?
I personally know MANY right here on this forum. Skanky, No Relevance, the Knutbar to name just three.

You think they're lying Inkstain?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290075 Mar 22, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally know MANY right here on this forum. Skanky, No Relevance, the Knutbar to name just three.
You think they're lying Inkstain?
I think they are talking about themselves and what is right for them.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#290076 Mar 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am thinking what Christ thinks is right. Don't you? Artificial birth control is a grave sin according to the Catholic Church. I hope you agree with the teachings of the Church.

Location hidden

#290078 Mar 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual Inkstain - you're a lying sack of crap as many, INLCUDING the three mentioned, have discussed supporting outlawing birth control, as well as supporting not allowing insurance companies to offer BC, even tho the employee's themselves PAY for their OWN health care through their companies. And you've BEEN here for those discussions.

Your selective blindness strikes again.

Location hidden

#290079 Mar 22, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>I am thinking what Christ thinks is right. Don't you? Artificial birth control is a grave sin according to the Catholic Church. I hope you agree with the teachings of the Church.
There ya go Inky. The Kuntbar herself speaks up about it.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#290080 Mar 22, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go Inky. The Kuntbar herself speaks up about it.
Awww look at ms Screwtape using dirty words. You love showing others that you are a fool, a stupid fool.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#290081 Mar 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
When did I say it was "normal"? I said that they committed no crime unless they molest a child. Let's further complicate this for your tiny mind: Not all child molesters are pedophiles.
<quoted text>
Since you claim lesbianism, homexualism and bisexualism are natural states of humans and as normal as heterosexual, then why not pedophila or beastiality? Why do you discriminate?

You pagns love to create your own rules of nature and science. If any sexual preference is normal, you must believe that an adult wanting a loving sexual relationhsip with a child is just another normal human condition and that makes you sick.
You and your pagan friends will say and do anyhting to justify your abnormal human condition.

You are still loved by god, you are still human but your craving of man flesh is an abnormal condition and not noirmal. Just as your approval of adult/child relationships is not normal.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#290082 Mar 22, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
NONSENSE. Some of us just choose NOT to live in your regressive ideology, Tommydumdum. Whether it is to get married and/or have children, both are lifestyle choices, which means they are OPTIONAL, not required.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dianne-lawrence...
Dianne Lawrence
THE REAL THREAT TO MARRIAGE
Posted: 6/04/2012
The religious conservatives have it wrong ... again. Gay marriage will not destroy the institute of marriage. How can people who want to get married end marriage?
In fact, gay men and women who crave marriage are the distraction, the front, the "beard" if you will for the real secret, pervasive threat to the Institute of Marriage ... childless, single, joyous, happy and free women who just can't get worked up about getting married and who do not want children. And our numbers are growing. Nearly half of the population is single and 61 percent of them have never married.
I have been unmarried all my life (60 years) despite being attractive, bright, talented and accomplished. I've had a few men hover around aiming at my ever moving target, and I've had a few men who were too fast on their feet to fall over my extended foot. I had one man hint around about marriage, and the only response I could give him was "Think, man, THINK!"
(Skipping three paragraphs)
I am not against marriage. I know some wonderful unions where two people have lasted and are so well suited one couldn't imagine them with anyone else. In some cases one couldn't imagine anyone else putting up with either of them. I have also seen disastrous unions and placed bets at the wedding as to the number of years or even months it would last. I've seen wonderful unions that ended with the untimely death of the partner. I like the stories of "We knew we were right, right from the start" and they were right. Yet this "right for each other" never came my way. And if it did, I apparently didn't notice.
But contrary to what married folks want to believe, lack of children or husband has many rewards for an adventurous woman. Freedom is not just another word for nothing left to lose. I have had the enormous great fortune to have been able to pursue everything I've ever wanted to do and become the most full version of myself, something I hear gets lost for many women in the middle of endless husband and child demands. I do know that a family can have its rewards: Who can deny the benefits of protection, affection, support? But so many are a hotbed of tangled resentments, unspoken fears and complicated intrigues one can't deny that single isn't better or worse than being married: It's just different. Actually for some of us it seems to work exceedingly well. The secret is out.
You are an angry frustrated pagan lesbian, we get it. You have to live in the closet and you are angry. You are angry at the man you call husband and the child you had to bear through your awful pregnancy.

Yes, we get it.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#290083 Mar 22, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you afraid to tell us what your personal opinion on abortion is?
She never will, at least in a straight forward honest way. From her numerous postings it is clear she is a proabortion pagan. She claims to suppport the right of a woman to choose to go get an abortion but not the abortion.

Like she would approve of your right to pull the trigger of your gun but not to the bullet coming out of it.

Sadly, she is what she is.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#290084 Mar 22, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you claim lesbianism, homexualism and bisexualism are natural states of humans and as normal as heterosexual, then why not pedophila or beastiality? Why do you discriminate?
You pagns love to create your own rules of nature and science. If any sexual preference is normal, you must believe that an adult wanting a loving sexual relationhsip with a child is just another normal human condition and that makes you sick.
You and your pagan friends will say and do anyhting to justify your abnormal human condition.
You are still loved by god, you are still human but your craving of man flesh is an abnormal condition and not noirmal. Just as your approval of adult/child relationships is not normal.
When you figure out what a false comparison means, you'll be able to answer your own question.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#290085 Mar 22, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
She never will, at least in a straight forward honest way. From her numerous postings it is clear she is a proabortion pagan. She claims to suppport the right of a woman to choose to go get an abortion but not the abortion.
Like she would approve of your right to pull the trigger of your gun but not to the bullet coming out of it.
Sadly, she is what she is.
Bitner has said many times she helps brings babies into the world for a living. That if she were to get pregnant, she'd most likely need to abort the pregnancy. That no matter what decision another pregnant woman makes, Bitner supports her civil right to decide.

How difficult is it for you to understand her position? You constantly bring it up like Bitner has some weird thought process, when in reality, it's your lack of thought processes that keeps you stuck in ...(you can figure it out, right?).

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#290086 Mar 22, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>I am thinking what Christ thinks is right. Don't you? Artificial birth control is a grave sin according to the Catholic Church. I hope you agree with the teachings of the Church.
When did Christ ever opine about birth control? That's a Catholic church rule. The Catholics made it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min woodtick57 1,101,047
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr LessHypeMoreFact 46,359
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 69,038
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 4 hr Anne 96,391
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr voice of peace 68,393
Hey Gov Scott Whats The Hold Up Coward ? 18 hr Air_Force1 3
Mortgage fraud charges snare 22 in South Florida (Jun '08) Sun Integrity 130
•••
•••
Pompano Beach Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pompano Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••