Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,286
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290058 Mar 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
On the contrary; girls were betrothed early as 12 or 13, in order to stake a claim early and make sure they were virgins. Betrothals could last for several years and may not be consumated for years. The girl, btw, had no choice in any of this.
If you read the NT, mary was TOLD she would be bearing god's child. She may have given a token agreement, but wasn't given a chice to begin with. RCC doctrine, in fact, says she was born without original sin precisely for this purpose.
<quoted text>
38And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#290059 Mar 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
38And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
Wasn't that AFTER she became pregnant? So when was she given a choice? Unless she could have chose abortion.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290060 Mar 22, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't that AFTER she became pregnant? So when was she given a choice? Unless she could have chose abortion.
No it was before and she said "let it be" or let it happen.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#290062 Mar 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it was before and she said "let it be" or let it happen.
Can you give chapter and verse where it says that Mary was given a choice? This thread had quotes from the NT showing that angels tried to encourage Mary while being Mary was pregnant.
worships reality

United States

#290063 Mar 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't worship "creation". You are wrong.
why are you afraid to tell us what your personal opinion on abortion is?
Gtown71

United States

#290064 Mar 22, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo isn't "cutting off my answers," idiot," nor is anyone else. I told you more than once that I'm NOT getting in the middle of your silly dispute with Foo, which I think YOU started, by the way, now or anytime soon. Get over it.
Ok :)
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290065 Mar 22, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give chapter and verse where it says that Mary was given a choice? This thread had quotes from the NT showing that angels tried to encourage Mary while being Mary was pregnant.
Luke 1:26-38
King James Version (KJV)
26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#290066 Mar 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:26-38
King James Version (KJV)
26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
OK except the version I heard said "betrothed" instead of "espoused".
In addition, someone here said that Mary felt Jesus when Elisabeth was in her 6th month. Yet according to this passage, Mary had not yet concieved.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#290067 Mar 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok :)
The reason for the remark I made about bitner was because of how many feminists and liberals attack ruthlessly you and your friends. I thought I could even it out.
Gtown71

United States

#290068 Mar 22, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't that AFTER she became pregnant? So when was she given a choice? Unless she could have chose abortion.
Why you know grumps abortion has been going on for thousands of years, so sure she could have :)
Sin is transfered through the seed of man, just like when eve ate the fruit , but sin entered after adam ate the fruit.:)
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290069 Mar 22, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>OK except the version I heard said "betrothed" instead of "espoused".
In addition, someone here said that Mary felt Jesus when Elisabeth was in her 6th month. Yet according to this passage, Mary had not yet concieved.
No it was Elizabeth who felt John move in her womb when Mary came to visit.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#290070 Mar 22, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>OK except the version I heard said "betrothed" instead of "espoused".
I also don't remember any mention of her age.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#290071 Mar 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be a "good " person, and you fight for womens rights, so do you draw a line one womens reproductive, or sexual rights?
Example -if a single mom, starts going out to the bars and bringing home different men, and having sex with some of those men -it she a slut, whore, or a woman who, although may not make the choices you would, still free to do as she pleases?
Your thoughts please, and thank you.
Even though it is not at all a lifestyle I would choose for myself, she is free to do as she pleases.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#290072 Mar 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
So why do they allow 80yo's to marry--they clearly can't reproduce.
<quoted text>
Well, the dude can.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#290073 Mar 22, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that it were only so simple. If it's the concept of fetal rights that bothers you, a fetus can be afforded legal protection without being assigned rights per se. In fact fetuses are already afforded a level of legal protection post-viability. Sure its under the guise of the "states right to protect potential life", but it is legal protection nevertheless.
<quoted text>
How did we get so far away from the point of RvW being terrible Constitutional law ?
"Would that it were only so simple. If it's the concept of fetal rights that bothers you, a fetus can be afforded legal protection without being assigned rights per se. In fact fetuses are already afforded a level of legal protection post-viability. Sure its under the guise of the "states right to protect potential life", but it is legal protection nevertheless."

That still gives women a choice earlier in their pregnancy.

"How did we get so far away from the point of RvW being terrible Constitutional law ?"

But can you dispute what I wrote? Men don't have anything comparable. They will never have this type of issue. Their rights are not really put in this kind of jeopardy.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#290074 Mar 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
In real life, who is against birth control? you presonally know anyone against birth control?
I personally know MANY right here on this forum. Skanky, No Relevance, the Knutbar to name just three.

You think they're lying Inkstain?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290075 Mar 22, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally know MANY right here on this forum. Skanky, No Relevance, the Knutbar to name just three.
You think they're lying Inkstain?
I think they are talking about themselves and what is right for them.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#290076 Mar 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am thinking what Christ thinks is right. Don't you? Artificial birth control is a grave sin according to the Catholic Church. I hope you agree with the teachings of the Church.

Location hidden

#290078 Mar 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual Inkstain - you're a lying sack of crap as many, INLCUDING the three mentioned, have discussed supporting outlawing birth control, as well as supporting not allowing insurance companies to offer BC, even tho the employee's themselves PAY for their OWN health care through their companies. And you've BEEN here for those discussions.

Your selective blindness strikes again.

Location hidden

#290079 Mar 22, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>I am thinking what Christ thinks is right. Don't you? Artificial birth control is a grave sin according to the Catholic Church. I hope you agree with the teachings of the Church.
There ya go Inky. The Kuntbar herself speaks up about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min John Galt 1,127,162
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 37 min JOEL 70,105
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 4 hr Swedenforever 54,525
ktbd 17 hr HIM 1
crimestoppers Thu Bcb 1
crimestoppers Oct 21 Bcb 1
Review: G8 Van Lines Oct 19 Jessie Ruiz 4
Pompano Beach Dating
Find my Match

Pompano Beach Jobs

Pompano Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pompano Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pompano Beach

Personal Finance