Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310236 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#290045 Mar 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, thank you. Fair enough.
Atleast you answered.
I usually don't address the religious aspect of abortion because I don't believe that abortion is/should be a religious issue. I believe that it is a human rights issue. I will occasionally counter a particularly stupid concept like the God raped a child, which Petey likes to post.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#290046 Mar 22, 2013
How old was mary at the time your deity knocked her up--when she was already betrothed to joseph? Remember that mary was not given a choice about it, either.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually don't address the religious aspect of abortion because I don't believe that abortion is/should be a religious issue. I believe that it is a human rights issue. I will occasionally counter a particularly stupid concept like the God raped a child, which Petey likes to post.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#290047 Mar 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
How old was mary at the time your deity knocked her up--when she was already betrothed to joseph? Remember that mary was not given a choice about it, either.
<quoted text>
If you had read the Bible like you claim you would know the answer.
According to the Bible, an angel came first and Mary agreed. Mary, by virtue of the fact that she was betrothed was old enough to marry and therfore an adult, which was common at that time in history.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290048 Mar 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong.
I KNOW FOR A FACT, that some adults lust toward children, and always will!
So it is up to those of you, who wish to claim God made people gay, to also say God must have made some adults only lust toward kids.
Stop lying to yourself.
Stop worshiping creation, and turn to the one who created all things.
I don't worship "creation". You are wrong.
Ocean56

AOL

#290049 Mar 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Ok then -for the record ocean refuses to answer, what should be an easy question, but if she tells the truth, she must go against her prochoice friends, so like all choices in life she will continue her lie to herself. Eyes roll.
Again, as usual, the one who is LYING here is YOU, G. I don't answer questions from liars and idiots. Got a problem with that? Too bad.
Ocean56

AOL

#290050 Mar 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
I didn't ask them, by what standard I called either one, what I called, but I asked women who "claim to be in full support of other womens sexual and reproductive rights ",what they thought?
Nice to see you cutting off their answers, before they can respond, it just shows how you are just as judgemental as any.
It shows how you and ocean "moon pending ",seem to have a line in which YOU CHOOSE who is what.
Foo isn't "cutting off my answers," idiot," nor is anyone else. I told you more than once that I'm NOT getting in the middle of your silly dispute with Foo, which I think YOU started, by the way, now or anytime soon. Get over it.

Ocean56

AOL

#290051 Mar 22, 2013
The Prince wrote:
They may be happy in a paganistic way. The union of a man and a woman is for the propogation of the species. Marraige is meaningless without children. It is like goinmg steady with papaerwork.
You pagans are really screwed up in your view of life and moraility. You are the reason the country is going to Hell in a handbasket. Your pagan secularism will be the epitah written on our once proud nations tombstone.
You are the shame of a nation.
Your backward OPINIONS are irrelevant, Tommydumdum, especially to any childfree couple. Whatever their reasons for enjoying life WITHOUT children, they have their right to be happy no matter how many regressive morons like you disapprove of the childfree choice. You're just pissed that married hetero couples can choose NOT to have children with no penalties whatsoever. Too bleeping bad.

In any case, YOU and other backward idiots like you don't get to make sexual and reproductive choices for anyone but yourselves. That's a VERY good thing.
Ocean56

AOL

#290052 Mar 22, 2013
The Prince wrote:
You pagans are really screwed up in your view of life and moraility. You are the reason the country is going to Hell in a handbasket. Your pagan secularism will be the epitah written on our once proud nations tombstone.
You are the shame of a nation.
NONSENSE. Some of us just choose NOT to live in your regressive ideology, Tommydumdum. Whether it is to get married and/or have children, both are lifestyle choices, which means they are OPTIONAL, not required.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dianne-lawrence...

Dianne Lawrence

THE REAL THREAT TO MARRIAGE

Posted: 6/04/2012

The religious conservatives have it wrong ... again. Gay marriage will not destroy the institute of marriage. How can people who want to get married end marriage?

In fact, gay men and women who crave marriage are the distraction, the front, the "beard" if you will for the real secret, pervasive threat to the Institute of Marriage ... childless, single, joyous, happy and free women who just can't get worked up about getting married and who do not want children. And our numbers are growing. Nearly half of the population is single and 61 percent of them have never married.

I have been unmarried all my life (60 years) despite being attractive, bright, talented and accomplished. I've had a few men hover around aiming at my ever moving target, and I've had a few men who were too fast on their feet to fall over my extended foot. I had one man hint around about marriage, and the only response I could give him was "Think, man, THINK!"

(Skipping three paragraphs)

I am not against marriage. I know some wonderful unions where two people have lasted and are so well suited one couldn't imagine them with anyone else. In some cases one couldn't imagine anyone else putting up with either of them. I have also seen disastrous unions and placed bets at the wedding as to the number of years or even months it would last. I've seen wonderful unions that ended with the untimely death of the partner. I like the stories of "We knew we were right, right from the start" and they were right. Yet this "right for each other" never came my way. And if it did, I apparently didn't notice.

But contrary to what married folks want to believe, lack of children or husband has many rewards for an adventurous woman. Freedom is not just another word for nothing left to lose. I have had the enormous great fortune to have been able to pursue everything I've ever wanted to do and become the most full version of myself, something I hear gets lost for many women in the middle of endless husband and child demands. I do know that a family can have its rewards: Who can deny the benefits of protection, affection, support? But so many are a hotbed of tangled resentments, unspoken fears and complicated intrigues one can't deny that single isn't better or worse than being married: It's just different. Actually for some of us it seems to work exceedingly well. The secret is out.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#290053 Mar 22, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your insanity knows no bounds.
hey, that's my line.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290054 Mar 22, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to find ignorant remarks funny so I thought you'd be laughing like a hyena at this one.
No I can tell the difference. You didn't think I would be laughing or you wouldn't have asked.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290055 Mar 22, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I also understand the desire no to have children. IMO where prolifers make the biggest mistake is in being against birth control. If a woman desides that she doesn't ever want children, all forms of BC, including having her tubes tied or her partner having a vasectomy, should be readily available.
In real life, who is against birth control? you presonally know anyone against birth control?
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#290056 Mar 22, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone has a relationship like you do littleloogie.
Just in time!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#290057 Mar 22, 2013
On the contrary; girls were betrothed early as 12 or 13, in order to stake a claim early and make sure they were virgins. Betrothals could last for several years and may not be consumated for years. The girl, btw, had no choice in any of this.

If you read the NT, mary was TOLD she would be bearing god's child. She may have given a token agreement, but wasn't given a chice to begin with. RCC doctrine, in fact, says she was born without original sin precisely for this purpose.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had read the Bible like you claim you would know the answer.
According to the Bible, an angel came first and Mary agreed. Mary, by virtue of the fact that she was betrothed was old enough to marry and therfore an adult, which was common at that time in history.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290058 Mar 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
On the contrary; girls were betrothed early as 12 or 13, in order to stake a claim early and make sure they were virgins. Betrothals could last for several years and may not be consumated for years. The girl, btw, had no choice in any of this.
If you read the NT, mary was TOLD she would be bearing god's child. She may have given a token agreement, but wasn't given a chice to begin with. RCC doctrine, in fact, says she was born without original sin precisely for this purpose.
<quoted text>
38And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#290059 Mar 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
38And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
Wasn't that AFTER she became pregnant? So when was she given a choice? Unless she could have chose abortion.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290060 Mar 22, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't that AFTER she became pregnant? So when was she given a choice? Unless she could have chose abortion.
No it was before and she said "let it be" or let it happen.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#290062 Mar 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it was before and she said "let it be" or let it happen.
Can you give chapter and verse where it says that Mary was given a choice? This thread had quotes from the NT showing that angels tried to encourage Mary while being Mary was pregnant.
worships reality

United States

#290063 Mar 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't worship "creation". You are wrong.
why are you afraid to tell us what your personal opinion on abortion is?
Gtown71

United States

#290064 Mar 22, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo isn't "cutting off my answers," idiot," nor is anyone else. I told you more than once that I'm NOT getting in the middle of your silly dispute with Foo, which I think YOU started, by the way, now or anytime soon. Get over it.
Ok :)
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290065 Mar 22, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give chapter and verse where it says that Mary was given a choice? This thread had quotes from the NT showing that angels tried to encourage Mary while being Mary was pregnant.
Luke 1:26-38
King James Version (KJV)
26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pompano Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Bluestater 1,279,023
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 36 min TRD 70,163
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min SpaceBlues 54,629
Beware of Knox County, Kentucky Pill Billy, Cin... 11 hr Fed Up 1
Review: Allen Libow PA (Dec '13) 23 hr Ben There 2
News Roaches, rats, and waste water found at South F... Thu miamiron 3
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro (Feb '15) Thu Cupcake 140
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pompano Beach Mortgages